Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh its an actual person? thats cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Elephant looks poorly?
Is he OK?

I think he needs some medicine, ill probably pay $5 in 29 or so days to make him feel better

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not only is it a core promise from Kickstarter, but they emphasized the feature after Elite dropped it. Now the community manager just said they won't even think about it until after going live. And nobody is calling them out for it. You even have assholes saying they don't even want private servers.

gently caress this community. They deserve whatever they get.

My favorite part about this is that, when Elite was getting poo poo on for removing local play (and, to be honest, SOME of that was legitimate if it was coming from people with spotty internet), the brown sea was crowing about how SC was going to have private servers and thus was the superior game/vision/experience, etc. Yet now that their lord and savior has betrayed them, they simply choose to ignore it in favor of buying more JPEGs.

Pretty much just nuke the loving brown sea from orbit. It's the best possible way this can end.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

We might need one of those patented smart bombs to do the job

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LMAO!! Someone just posted this in my feed after I tweeted this: https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/686671912680992768

https://vine.co/v/iZbID9pvEj9

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yeah they will lose their poo poo when they realise their private Safe Space is about to not be delivered.
We are dealing with a whole community who fantasise about alone time with their jpegs and once in a while inviting cherry picked spergmeisters over so they can touch butts and flex their grabby hands

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah they will lose their poo poo when they realise their private Safe Space is about to not be delivered.
We are dealing with a whole community who fantasise about alone time with their jpegs and once in a while inviting cherry picked spergmeisters over so they can touch butts and flex their grabby hands

You really think they will lose their poo poo dude? C'mon son. Like someone else said, CIG could piss directly into these people's mouths and they'd be cool with it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:frogsiren: Guys I found out what the agenda for pointing out CIG treated the pedophilic poster with a lighter touch than Beer's rant about the project management is! :frogsiren:

me posted:

Again, so what's this agenda you seem to think exists? Can you prove that there is one or any proof of the intent?

quote:

The fact this thread has gone on this long is evidence enough - the fact I called you out on it and you've messed up every attempt to redirect the conversation. Eventually I am going to get bored of repeating myself, I'm already pretty much there - you know you've lost here you're just trying to win by attrition of who has more time to waste on this subject.

And in that case I am happy to say you win - well done for having time to spend on this and well done for not being a decent human being and reporting to the authorities something you pretend to be offended by to entice people to post statements you can then use against them as you showed with Scimitar3 and probably many others.

You're still a bad person and you know it.

It was all to have what normal people call a "conversation" or "discussion" about CIG's skewed treatment.

Truly us Goons are evil bad people for it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its like a popcorn machine making GBS threads out clones of the same dude

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Google Butt posted:

You really think they will lose their poo poo dude? C'mon son. Like someone else said, CIG could piss directly into these people's mouths and they'd be cool with it.

I think there is potential there more than with most other things for sure, just going off remembering what happened over at Elite, it was full on TLDR city there for a while when they shitcanned offline mode with dudes at their wits end :lol:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Google Butt posted:

CIG could piss directly into these people's mouths and they'd be cool with it.
They are already, and they are.

Spoot
Feb 7, 2007
:colbert:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This is what a shart looks like through an electron microscope

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Unfunny Poster posted:

:frogsiren: Guys I found out what the agenda for pointing out CIG treated the pedophilic poster with a lighter touch than Beer's rant about the project management is! :frogsiren:

It was all to have what normal people call a "conversation" or "discussion" about CIG's skewed treatment.

Truly us Goons are evil bad people for it.

yikes imagine being that warped.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Screw it I'm stealing the joke.

Star citizen : some of us may be dead by the time it happens.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Star Citizen: Next generation gaming for the next generation.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

D_Smart posted:

LMAO!! Someone just posted this in my feed after I tweeted this: https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/686671912680992768

https://vine.co/v/iZbID9pvEj9

new customer support equipment looking good

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40dkko/squadron_42_shoutout_courtesy_gillian_anderson/cytounl

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yikes imagine being that warped.

The retort I wrote up was pretty damning I think.

quote:

quote:

If it was important to you, you would have reported it to the federal police instead of using it as a tool.
something you pretend to be offended by

Can you prove I'm only pretending to be offended by pedophilic content? Most people would understand that not reporting a now deleted post to people sans any other evidence isn't a condemnation of that. Especially when it was stated, early on by me, that CIG could (and should) submit that evidence and other information to federal authorities as they're in a far better position to. Also citing something and using it to promote a point isn't the same as not thinking it's important, it's actually the opposite. Given the logic you used, lynching victims were not important to people using them to promote civil rights and abolition of Jim Crow Laws.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

my new avatar is very not chill

I don't like it much, friend. :(

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

This is what a shart looks like through an electron microscope

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Remember when Roberts came out and said that unless it comes directly from him, nothing that is posted or said should be considered true/correct? Lmao

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

New thread title: Star Citizen: Related to these issues, I have schizophrenia

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Google Butt posted:

Remember when Roberts came out and said that unless it comes directly from him, nothing that is posted or said should be considered true/correct? Lmao
Open Development™

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep in mind I've been high on Nyquil for the past week straight and I make more sense than these yokels.

Maybe I should take a break from creating cognitive dissonance posts on their echochamber.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bootcha posted:

To Mr. Vargas's credit, I think he got a refund. Most Polaris and associated staff got refunds, IIRC.

I'm wondering how quickly that got authorized. I'd imagine pretty quickly.

I'm imagining what would happen if PewDiePie had gotten into SC then wanted a refund and Sandi refused. It would not be pretty.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

I think he needs some medicine, ill probably pay $5 in 29 or so days to make him feel better

Please accept some herbal remedy in the meantime.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bootcha posted:

To Mr. Vargas's credit, I think he got a refund. Most Polaris and associated staff got refunds, IIRC.

I don't think Jesse Cox did, he said something about having one of the ships you can't even fly that he got during the Kickstarter/early days.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

I think there is potential there more than with most other things for sure, just going off remembering what happened over at Elite, it was full on TLDR city there for a while when they shitcanned offline mode with dudes at their wits end :lol:
Yet the citizens don't even blink when goalposts are moved or features or ships that have been quietly forgotten are brought up on the forums. Compare that to something like WoW's community who will remember everything that every dev or community manager has ever said ever and will flip their poo poo over the slightest perceived contradiction. It seems like every game has a community that at least gets a little salty when features are dropped or release dates are missed.

Except Star Citizen.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Herbal Remedies... What do they remedy? His Herbal sickness? is it contagious? Will it give me the StarCitizen bug? I need to leave the thread... My headache might be from his Herbal sicknesses.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
when Lowtax buys star citizen he'll be doing it with money we all gave him, meaning we are all now Star Citizen backers

drat it

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Madcosby posted:

when Lowtax buys star citizen he'll be doing it with money we all gave him, meaning we are all now Star Citizen backers

drat it

Jokes on you. I didnt buy my account for myself. It was a gift which means my friend is now a double citizen backer in my stead. Ha ha... :(

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah, I think there are many citizens that don't play well with other children. Not to mention those that are so objectionable the other children don't want to play with them. As soon as they have an actually playable game they aren't going to be happy if they can't have their own private spaces to avoid griefing and for hosed up RP.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Star Citizens are becoming concerned about the lack of two factor authentication.

The last time they heard from CIG about the issue was September, 2015.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5638199/#Comment_5638199

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

gross man

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Madcosby posted:

drat it

He already bought it.. With seraph/karl money

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

lmao thank you Bootcha, he is feeling a bit better

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

lmao thank you Bootcha, he is feeling a bit better

Your new avatar is a lot better than your last new avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

Herbal Remedies... What do they remedy? His Herbal sickness? is it contagious? Will it give me the StarCitizen bug? I need to leave the thread... My headache might be from his Herbal sicknesses.

Aphids and potato blight, presumably. Neither can jump species all that well, so being an entire kingdom apart should keep you safe… but I'm working on the assumption that you're not a plant here.

• Locked thread