Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

CCKeane posted:

Fits if you vote Anon I'll make out with you.

the five minute summery of me reading anon's post history

first couple of posts boring nothings

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sure I'll analyze this post of merk's. This post was made in an effort to seem like he's contributing to scum hunting without actually providing any content of his own. Even after this, his posts are mostly calling other people townie which is an easy way to look like you're participating without really saying anything
+ a vote on merk right after

couple of people including you vote and push her around for a bit

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

The votes on me are bad. Ughhhh I hate when I actually put effort in and people then think I'm scummy. The last time I posted what was on my mind instead of just lurking I got turboed in the last few min before deadline... And I was the loving cop.

things pretty much continue down along the same road from there

seems like what these annoying flustered new kids are like these days. i'm not sold, keane. you gotta do better than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

BottleKnight posted:

Yes, I am refusing to volunteer to say what I think is wrong with my case. Because I think my read is solid and I think it's very likely you are scum.

Go on. Are you worried that admitting it's not bulletproof will weaken your case? Are you worried it'll make you look bad? Are you worried me asking is some arcane scum trick?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

King of Bleh posted:

Go on. Are you worried that admitting it's not bulletproof will weaken your case? Are you worried it'll make you look bad? Are you worried me asking is some arcane scum trick?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BottleKnight posted:

You haven't really mustered any support for anything, Opop.

Ain't my job, man. I found a scum, I told people. Up to ya'll to trust my gut

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Quandary posted:

What about this is scummy though? In my mind scum would do the exact opposite which is freak out when they get attention and start scum hunting.

Trying to find scum is the only way you win as town, not doing that makes me think you have other priorities, sure scum would probably in that situation feel obliged to look like they are trying as well but if they aren't a confident player I could see them being more worried about exposing themselves further and so lurking instead.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
As I was page bottom, reposting:

So not going to lie, I'm not 100% into this game and it's early enough (and I've done bupkis enough) that me being replaced is ideally an easy fix. However, I would like to lend my front line capabilities this evening and maybe go down fighting. So this is my official request to be placed on the front line FOR GLORY.

No, I don't have any opinions on any of the cases.

No, I probably won't be voting for anyone.

Yes, Bowie dying was a major lovely bummer

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I didn't admit anything, I used the example of voting to illustrate how stupid it would be to ask me to be open about who I am attacking.

Clearly you see how admitting my target would likely make it impossible to be effective. This is a game with heals and stuns. If it is possible to avoid those things when attacking someone I view as scummy, why wouldn't I?

Conversely, it is in my best interests to prove myself as townie ASAP because of reasons... so I propose that being completely open about the presence of the ability, is the way to do it.
"because of reasons"?

If you cared about your shot being effective you would just have shut up about it. If you were really worried about "stuns" you would not have mentioned it in the thread because keeping your target secret doesn't protect you against stuns. You are trying to gain some kind of advantage by talking about this action today. You claim it will help you prove yourself townie but mechanics don't do that and you put yourself in a position where you have a mechanics-based reason not to case your primary suspicion. I don't think that's a good step to proving yourself townie.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Spoonsy posted:

As I was page bottom, reposting:

So not going to lie, I'm not 100% into this game and it's early enough (and I've done bupkis enough) that me being replaced is ideally an easy fix. However, I would like to lend my front line capabilities this evening and maybe go down fighting. So this is my official request to be placed on the front line FOR GLORY.

No, I don't have any opinions on any of the cases.

No, I probably won't be voting for anyone.

Yes, Bowie dying was a major lovely bummer

Just so we're clear, both of these players have showed up specifically to claim they're okay with no-lynching day one. Really hoping we get some replacements d2.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kaschei posted:

"because of reasons"?

If you cared about your shot being effective you would just have shut up about it. If you were really worried about "stuns" you would not have mentioned it in the thread because keeping your target secret doesn't protect you against stuns. You are trying to gain some kind of advantage by talking about this action today. You claim it will help you prove yourself townie but mechanics don't do that and you put yourself in a position where you have a mechanics-based reason not to case your primary suspicion. I don't think that's a good step to proving yourself townie.

I disagree. Also, see you in three days when you decide to post again!

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

King of Bleh posted:

Just so we're clear, both of these players have showed up specifically to claim they're okay with no-lynching day one. Really hoping we get some replacements d2.

Forums crapped out while posting but OpOp was obviously the other player I meant here.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Narco's one of those players who just comes off as scummy, I've seen her get lynched for the same stuff too many times to muster much support for it today
Still think opop's scum but there's not much to case, I felt like the stuff he came under pressure for was dumb but his response seems off.

I thought the deadline was midnight EST so I'll shut up about wlotm for today and read about people with votes now

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Spoonsy at least vote for someone so we're in less of a risk of no-lynching, even if its just a random person with votes already.

What is the case on Sinstral beyond just lurking?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Puntification posted:

Trying to find scum is the only way you win as town, not doing that makes me think you have other priorities, sure scum would probably in that situation feel obliged to look like they are trying as well but if they aren't a confident player I could see them being more worried about exposing themselves further and so lurking instead.

Isn't ANarc a relatively experience player though? I could see a newbie hiding when attacked, but an experience player I think would make a renewed effort to scum hunt.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Quandary posted:

Spoonsy at least vote for someone so we're in less of a risk of no-lynching, even if its just a random person with votes already.

I guess just that mainly.

Any other opinions on BK? I'm not really feeling strongly about any of these top 3.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yo guys, I would really love to speculate some more on why I would openly claim. Anyone else want to throw out a reason before day 1 ends?

Maybe another lurker would like to come out and comment?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I disagree. Also, see you in three days when you decide to post again!
Why did you propose the "I'll shoot who the thread votes for" thing? It doesn't read like a "this is obviously a dumb idea I'm proposing" in its original context but it is an obviously dumb idea and you seem to agree.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King of Bleh posted:

Forums crapped out while posting but OpOp was obviously the other player I meant here.

I never said that at all

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

seems like what these annoying flustered new kids are like these days. i'm not sold, keane. you gotta do better than that

one note as i begin a brief look on ssv, from a game-y perspective it looks like anon is by far the least contributing of the three current vote leaders and that lynch likely removes someone who is going to be proto-lurking most of the game. so there's that.

total crapshoot whethers its a scum lynch or not. i don't feel it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Quandary posted:

Isn't ANarc a relatively experience player though? I could see a newbie hiding when attacked, but an experience player I think would make a renewed effort to scum hunt.

The thing about Narco is that was she even attacked? Like really attacked? Ignoring KoB, if you added up all the posts of the people voting her, you would have like 30 posts total.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I would loooooove to lynch wlotm asap if we have people to do that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually on a quick reread I'm ok with ##vote King of Bleh

That's a pretty blatant, unambiguous misrepresentation of me

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kaschei posted:

Why did you propose the "I'll shoot who the thread votes for" thing? It doesn't read like a "this is obviously a dumb idea I'm proposing" in its original context but it is an obviously dumb idea and you seem to agree.

Because everyone decided to get their panties in a bunch when I said that I decided to shoot someone that I find scummy... The alternative to just letting me do what I want is to tell me who to shoot which is dumb as all hell.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Quandary posted:

For me it's similar to Narc, Sinistral has made several "cases" and responded to some stuff, but it all feels very detached and based on winning points with snarky "gotcha" exchanges. I'm not sensing any actual conviction or emotional engagement with discovering scum, just trying to score points on the political end of the "who's going to get lynched" side of the game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Opopanax posted:

Actually on a quick reread I'm ok with ##vote King of Bleh

That's a pretty blatant, unambiguous misrepresentation of me

lol

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Because everyone decided to get their panties in a bunch when I said that I decided to shoot someone that I find scummy... The alternative to just letting me do what I want is to tell me who to shoot which is dumb as all hell.
the alternative is to shoot someone and tomorrow say "I shot X, it was radical/dumb of me"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm around and should be around for deadline. Reading up on KoB. Still think AN feels like frustrated town rather than scum, but will swap to prevent a no-lynch, and plan to re-read AN as well.

My case for voting SSV is here.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

##vote welandedonthemoon!

The best case if we don't lynch wlotm! is tomorrow we have some idiot claiming a mechanics-based self-clear, the worst case is a second day where scum get a free daykill

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Hey anon remind me why you are voting merk

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote Alright, here the rest of the way, let me catch up

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

Why, as scum, would I openly campaign for a strategy that benefits the scum?
wow this guy is my new number two over opop

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

kaschei posted:

wow this guy is my new number two over opop

WLotM is not getting lynched today, vote me if you really feel this way.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kaschei posted:

the alternative is to shoot someone and tomorrow say "I shot X, it was radical/dumb of me"

Please explain to me the difference? My power is repeatable. I'll shoot someone tomorrow as well. The trade off to being open about it on day one (putting me in danger of being stunned) as opposed to doing what you are saying is that it got everyone talking and forming meaningful connections immediately. The damage that my day-attack does will not instantly kill anyone (I'd imagine). So the trade off in doing a minor bit of damage (versus getting the thread talking) was worth it to me.

I'll be willing to acknowledge that my idea was a failure, but only in the sense that there are still like 7 people who haven't said gently caress-all, and I am sure that at least one or two of them are scum, so whenever I flip it wont really matter with regards to them.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

kaschei posted:

The best case if we don't lynch wlotm! is tomorrow we have some idiot claiming a mechanics-based self-clear, the worst case is a second day where scum get a free daykill

Are you honestly voting someone who has no votes, an hour and a half before the deadline, based on their action?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kaschei posted:

This guy isn't reading the thread. Immediately after claiming I said that the shot wouldn't be enough to kill anyone.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'd be willing to vote for Kaschei if we are voting to lynch a lurker.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

WLotM is not getting lynched today, vote me if you really feel this way.
I believe in miracle bandwagons

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

King of Bleh posted:

I think it's very likely that the majority of the scum team are lurking and hoping we run out of momentum early in this game. If the top 3-4 posters in the thread get knocked off quick this game is gonna stall hard.

Not to harp on it, but Sinistral is a great example of how I'd expect a lurking scum strategy to play out, where they drop in and lay out some absolute minimum "effort" into a case so they can park a vote, then disappear for the remainder of the day.

Other "lurking + a single 'effort' case to hide behind" players: fits, merk, Meinberg

This post comes 2 hours after saying he's worried we're going to no-lynch today. A player who is worried we have too many distractions and lurkers to lynch anyone immediately talks about a lurker. His only justification is that 'he's setting up D2.' How is this not a scum player?

Then he makes this post

King of Bleh posted:

Opop is definitely doing nothing this game and throwing suspicion at him is not bad but this is his very first mention of opop as a player. He thinks Opop not voting a vote leader means he won't come in and vote for someone at deadline? This is a crazy misrepresentation, and yet again more shade at someone who is not a vote leader at all. More distractions.

Vote King of Bleh, it is the right lynch.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

King of Bleh posted:

For me it's similar to Narc, Sinistral has made several "cases" and responded to some stuff, but it all feels very detached and based on winning points with snarky "gotcha" exchanges. I'm not sensing any actual conviction or emotional engagement with discovering scum, just trying to score points on the political end of the "who's going to get lynched" side of the game.

I see what you're saying and it's not a terrible case, but I'm not huge on lynching a lurker d1. Would vote Sinstral if it came down to it but I wouldn't be thrilled.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

This guy isn't reading the thread. Immediately after claiming I said that the shot wouldn't be enough to kill anyone.
This doesn't contradict anything I've said. There are a half-dozen easy lies to explain why your target died, or was actually someone else that didn't get hurt. And forgive me for not trusting you about the details of the mechanic I'm deeply suspicious of you for even bringing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The only thing that ever specifically struck me about Sinistral is what is in bold below...

Sinistral posted:

I really don't like this post. How dare WLOTM put effort into this game and aggresively try to find scum. Surely no town would ever do that!

It's not really enough to vote him, but I like it better than Narco, who I find to be actively townie.

• Locked thread