Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Unfunny Poster posted:

Use the quote he made on reddit right back at him.

I can't find it but someone posted it here, I think Mirificus or whoever did. It was them going on about how people waste their time posting negativity about the game being pathetic.

Edit -

Found it

Ha ha, yeah that's the good stuff.
While he isn't replying to me I will just ignore him though, he goes on with himself all loving night if you let him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.1.0e is live! (for real this time) :kingsley:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

at this point, they can break the promises that were in writing too. star citizens will not care.

they will thankfully lap up whatever turd gets dropped to them, like mana from heaven, while defending the companies right to arbitrarily bail on stretch goals. for example, sq42 now being considered the primary game.

What... wait, that actually happened? I thought it was a joke. Please tell me shitizens aren't really letting them get away with this.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

What... wait, that actually happened? I thought it was a joke. Please tell me shitizens aren't really letting them get away with this.

It's what cr is focusing on getting done first.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2.1.0e is live! (for real this time) :kingsley:

Now with less physics!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Also thank you for the Av update.

I'm certain I won't be hoisted with my own verbal petard.

You're very welcome. :cheeky: :love:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like how cig has come full circle and is using cryengine to make a full blown fps.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

It's funny because if they are using JIRA (or basically any ticketing system) they are probably using the SaaS version and could easily recover any conversations that happen

I think I saw zendesk in the replies which yeah, they can recover anything from it.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
1,160,977 citizens.

:gary:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

grimcreaper posted:

The Kickstarter comments of late...

They've been told their SOL by CIG, too.

quote:

"Jeremy
1 day ago

Dawn - this is absolutely the worst way I've been treated by any company, on Kickstarter and off. Chris Roberts lied on polygon, saying one thing in public, but instructing customer service to refuse all refunds in private. A company with zero integrity.
I would not be surprised if the entire project goes down in smoke at some point. The cult like behavior of the supporters on their forum means they have created their own echo chamber and are not receptive to other opinions."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

It's what cr is focusing on getting done first.

Or last. SQ42 doesn't need any of that complicated server, network stuff, a super new chat interface and pets. I think they started thinking of trimming the feature list and what they could legally get away with a year ago, by now I expect they are using a machete.

Can they fix 2.1.0e to not be crap in the next few months if they gave it their full attention? Probably not. So I don't see how they can do it while working on getting SQ42 out the door and they really need to ship SQ42 this year.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel posted:

Ha ha, yeah that's the good stuff.
While he isn't replying to me I will just ignore him though, he goes on with himself all loving night if you let him
Rajafa/Kronypsus is quite a piece of work.

"a small case of OCD"

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/inforedux/lets_take_apart_this_letter_that_chris_roberts_wrote_to_the_escapist/#comment-2444021090

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi rafaja

lol at you

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AP posted:

Or last. SQ42 doesn't need any of that complicated server, network stuff, a super new chat interface and pets. I think they started thinking of trimming the feature list and what they could legally get away with a year ago, by now I expect they are using a machete.

Can they fix 2.1.0e to not be crap in the next few months if they gave it their full attention? Probably not. So I don't see how they can do it while working on getting SQ42 out the door and they really need to ship SQ42 this year.

Considering how bad AC is, not only compared to other games on the market (that exist right now and can be played), but even compared to the original Wing Commander games, SQ42 is poised to be one of the worst releases of all time. I'm so excited!

Meanwhile, cultists sit around doing the circle-jerk about being non-pvp rapist bird-watching pirate big game hunters in the part of the game that Chris is putting no work into. And nobody is crying foul in this, the ONE hobby on the planet, gaming, where people nitpick and bitch about every promised feature and every misplaced lens flare in the promotional material. Yet surrounding Star Citizen - silence and adulation. I'm in absolute awe.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
I live in austin and I can say without a shred of a doubt that I do not care enough to drive to CIG and see what's up

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
patch notes!

quote:

Special Notes:
We are aware that the elevator UI frequently provides a false-positive “server full” error message when attempting to join an instance. We are investigating the cause of these errors.
The doors from the spawn elevator into ArcCorp proper will occasionally break, trapping occupants inside.

Hangar Module

Ships:
Fixed an issue where the Hangar camera would clip through the Vanguard when rotating around the player in third person.
Fixed an issue where the Vanguard was missing it’s bathroom door.

Persistent Universe: [left blank]

Balance/Tweaks:
Gameplay
Made several improvements to turret movement speed.
We are still in the process of making other improvements to turrets.

Fixes:

Gameplay
Fixed an issue where ship weapons were not functional after having been repaired.

Technical
Fixed an issue where clients connected to Crusader would receive a black screen if GIM restarted.
Made some additional performance improvements for clients connected to Crusader when a player characters die in combat. 

what a precarious life a star citizen must lead.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Those patch notes are loving weak.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean, Rebel Galaxy had more to say in their patch notes in the days after release. JFC.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

hardycore posted:

I live in austin and I can say without a shred of a doubt that I do not care enough to drive to CIG and see what's up

Bootcha and I are also in Austin and shared the same lack of curiosity. I bet it's an empty building anyway.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

there was a quote from some recent video about how SQ42 was considered the main game development now, with freeplay and adventuring and poo poo to be developed after that.

but this is the underlying problem - the team won't ever say anything clearly enough to be interpreted unambiguously, because they want to be able to pull the old "black is white" trick later. they'll change language and talk about "shifts in focus" or "evolution", rather than the black and white development targets they committed to in the fundraiser. it's political doublespeak.

a great example of this is the "rooms system", which is now a complete joke. the initial promise was ongoing personalised rooms, that would update depending on what you did in the universe; for example, a unique starmap for you based on the procedurally generated whatever in the game, hangars that had customised firing ranges and whatever else. but now they're saying "it's done. what's there is the room system", and the excuse is that "how we understand the rooms system has 'evolved' beyond what was initially conceived." this might sound great to Joe Backer in a live video feed, but in reality is just them sliding off the hook for making promises they - once again - couldn't deliver.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

You're very welcome. :cheeky: :love:

Thank you fuzzy. :swoon:

fuzzknot posted:

Bootcha and I are also in Austin and had the same lack of curiosity. I bet it's an empty building anyway.

Eh, I suppose on a dull day I can confirm it. That depends on my desire for a 7-Eleven slurpee in the middle of the day.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

patch notes!

"We are still in the process of making other improvements to turrets."

what a precarious life a star citizen must lead.

They really don't know how to fix anything now, do they? This shits been broken since introduced.

Also, I totally called it on SQ42 becoming the main game. Croberts can do no wrong so the whales just eat it.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

flyboi posted:

I think I saw zendesk in the replies which yeah, they can recover anything from it.

Unless they directly mess with the DB (For which i see no reasons, hey, who know). Then yes.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

If I win the powerball I will not buy CIG but it would be really tempting to buy and shut down

This is actually an acceptable alternative to me skull loving you

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Thank you fuzzy. :swoon:

Eh, I suppose on a dull day I can confirm it. That depends on my desire for a 7-Eleven slurpee in the middle of the day.

Well, that doesn't narrow it down. :cheeky:

Nah, seriously; gently caress it. I'm sure nothing's there, but just in case, I don't want to risk you running into some creep. You never know.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
next weeks patch notes:

quote:

We changed the letter "e" to an "f"

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

PATCH NOTES:

Fixed an issue where the engineer's glove box squeaked when opening.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

I don't remember the review being glowy, I remember the PREviews being glowy and whatnot, but the actual review amounted to the standard reaction from everyone else (it's a pile of lies and poo poo).

The _pre_view was basically setup the week before the 'Friday' release, which should have loving told me something (Never buy Friday releases, people).

He came out afterwards and showed incredulity about the state of the turd that Mecron hand delivered the world. Still took an entire weekend of shitposting at Paradox to get refunds sorted.

If you ever want to see a rabid community of true believers quietly slink away into the night, Kerberos productions is a fantastic example, and I'm 100% certain that if I knew the circumstances behind it, I'd be a lot more understanding. Unfortunately Martin tried to make excuses and promised that the game would be fixed, something that they utterly failed to do. It completely poisoned their relationship with Paradox, and reduced the moderate fan goodwill to nothing.

On the bright side it might mean Stellaris is good.

Eonwe posted:

It's funny because if they are using JIRA (or basically any ticketing system) they are probably using the SaaS version and could easily recover any conversations that happen

If they are using Jira, they also have a Java problem. It's more likely to be something microsoft-based and lovely; games companies have a startling propensity for closed source based on special deals.

Bootcha posted:

I'm certain I won't be hoisted with my own verbal petard.

Stand proud, for you are on the side of the angels.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Before condemning an entire community to hellfire I decided to join reddit and see if anyone could be reasoned with. Not only are they completely immune to any sort of rational debate but you get shat on regardless of how much effort or backing your posts have. In an entire month only one person replied to me with any sort of cordiality and even begun a PM dialog with me. He's a true believer so I'm not going to out him least he get declared a suppressive person for speaking with the enemy.
Still, I felt I owed him an explanation so a couple of days ago I sent him a message telling him why I was going to cut our conversation short. I think it only fair to pass on the last appeal to the goon community at large of the one sort of decent backer I found.

quote:

I won't debate your points I'm actually pretty cool with what you've gone into detail with. The letter, I did show someone impartially and I wont piss on you and tell you its rain. Sandi's interaction with Beer is stupid it helped no one, but my mate like me thought a lot of Beers responses were ... well worded.

See you're articulate and from your writing you know how to both online and in person say things in just the right way to get under their skin. I know because I can do it too - my workplace I occasionally talk to people on the phone and whenever my calls are relistened to I sound polite - but everyone who actually knows me knows can't believe I can get away with it - just because I sound polite and reasonable. Beer either consciously or subconsciously did this at times was it because he knew he'd be sharing this with people? Was it just coincidence? I can't say.

Does that excuse Sandi - nope ... not at all - she hosed up and she can take her lumps from the public for it (within reason) Because lets be honest here - she is still an actual human being a wife, mother and child of other people. She might not be good for the role but in the grand scheme of things we could have had worse and we could have had better. However I can admit in my interactions with her - she's been nothing but cordial, it could be an act sure but in the end she's not on the forums or social media bad mouthing people daily. She does do it sometimes and I think "Grow up" but she isn't out there in public (those emails I am betting for some reason she thought would stay private) going after people or badmouthing them even Derek Smart who I am sure has enough stories from his past she could embarrass him and herself repeating if she went to his level.

I personally live by "A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter, or to others, is not a nice person." And a lot of people involved in this on both sides fall into that category. No one is clean on Sandi - I personally think she should try moving on but I can also understand how it would be hard to replace her role if someone looking to take it on decided to see how she is treated from the outside.
(Too much on Sandi I agree she needs to move on and shes hosed up a lot and she isnt clean in this but I can understand some of her actions even if I don't agree with them. However I think she has become the lightning rod and focal point for too many and is now a caricature instead of a person to some.) Ok?

Now onto the community - Yep it's hosed up no ifs no buts no excuses.
I'm going to ramble back on this one using points as cues. But I want to address 2 important parts very simply.

Unwanted pictures - You report this to police get a police report number and then contact a company and give them the police report number and the police locality you reported it to. Unless you want to use it maliciously in which you use it to silence someone with threats to expose them in which case you're a blackmailer. I can say sending unasked for pictures is hosed up but using them to further a cause isn't much better.

Pedophile suspicions - Report to your local federal police, in the USA that is the FBI - get a report number - inform the company it has been reported to the Federal Police and provide them to the job number and locality. This way the company has no choice but to work with them to validate the concerns.

As for moderation and punishment - based on your side without me looking into it getting both sides yes - 7 days is not enough. But I didn't see it all and I don't have the full story and while annoyed as gently caress it was such a low period of time for it based on your statement on the video I'm guessing its anime related which is a legal and legislation loving minefield no one knows how to deal with because there is still a grey area on it even though there shouldn't be as per loving common sense.

Now back to the community - Yep you're right you and the Goons with little effort and little coordination could probably sow decent and mistrust enough to break up the Forums - Reddit - Youtube channels and anything else you want. You have the experience with manipulating people from Eve and countless other games - no doubt some of you have read a couple of books on psychology and life experience has fine tuned it.
There is little I or really anyone could do if you decided to destroy the community from the inside out. But the truth would out eventually - someone you broke would self harm or die - someone in your side would get guilty or need to brag and drop the logs - Media would eat it all up and it would be front page stories on all the game sites and probably a couple of mainstream media reports as well.
And in the end you'd survey your wins and losses and realize you destroyed an entire community because they hurt you and ignored you. Everything done online is words and images and you and others chose to basically crush peoples happiness and communal social interactions - because you didn't want them to be happy any more.

Sure you've been called names - sure the "sperglords" keep calling you out or ignoring warnings - and sure there are so many in the community that have vastly inflated senses of aptitude for fighting people online. And you could crush all of them - splintering the groups into frightened or exasperated collections of people unwilling to trust someone new.
But I bet from your point of view when you've calmed down over a drink and really look at the situation you know as well as I do - breaking people's hearts and dreams in collateral damage is never going to feel good and if it does feel good you know you're a broken individual. :siren: So I appeal to you and all the other Goons there :siren: I see who everytime I check in now and then say "Guys this is really too easy I don't feel right" or words to that effect, why go there when you could walk away for good - turn your backs on us shut down your thread and move on indulge in a check in now and then just to be sure - The Goons will become some stupid boogyman story that erodes over time and people will forget and nature will take its course.
You don't owe anyone in this world saving from themselves or the money they spend.
[..]
So my advice is - break us or don't - walk away or don't. You have the upperhand the power and the numbers - it wont even be a fight. And all you will have is the laughter at suffering watching as you break people who just need something to believe in. You could even call it a wake up call and a reminder that life isn't fair if it helps you sleep at night.
I'll still be here - I'll still be cheering CIG's Staff on who have done nothing wrong other than get employed to try and make a dream happen.
If the game comes out and its a mess I'll accept that - if its ok - thats cool too - if its beyond expectations I'll feel relieved. But I'll always know I didn't let the internet get to me and break someone elses toy because they hurt my feelings.

quote:

quote:

The time for pleading is long gone, this community is rotten to the core, it has been judged and found wanting. Speak up against the rot or leave, staying and not speaking up is a statement in itself.
I'm not pleading - I'm saying this is not Eve online where the management said "No limits people" and then had to scramble to fix things when they found out what no limits meant.
This is a company in development with over 1 million registered accounts and who knows how many unique backer accounts. You have 60,000 people in Star Citizen Sub-Reddit a mere 5% of which are regular enough to be noticeable on sight. You have a mere 500 people in /r/Dereksmart which includes Goons and many alt accounts.
And on the official forums - gently caress who knows less than 10,000 people who might ... might pay attention enough and be ex-EVE online players with a grudge against Goons.

Like I said you go after CIG and the playerbase there is no spin where you come out right - because when its an endorsed attack you will have people on your side go too far. The Doxxing the honeypotting the JAQ'ing off and the entrapment will all pay dividends for sure. I've spoken out about the Rot - I left the forums due to Toxicity ... and it wasn't mainly from the playerbase it was from a lot of vocal goons and like minded thinkers pissed off CIG weren't going to do what EVE did and have "No rules no limits".
I got sick of every single time a developer posted in a thread it would be hijacked by Controller and Flight mechanics debates - I got sick of seeing people try to convince everyone the game was absolutely forbidden to even acknowledge carebear non pvp - and most of all I got sick of people trying to manipulate others into breaking forum rules to get them banned.
I called everyone out on that countless loving times both sides eventually I gave up and came here to Reddit where conversation was better - until the same fuckery followed here - Controller and Flight debates - No Carebear protection - trying to manipulate others to breaking rules to get banned.

So sure go ahead make this about cleansing the community of bad apples - break as much as you can - but I'll know it wasn't about justice or fixing issues - it's about teaching people you either give the Goons what they demand or they'll gently caress you and yours till the end.
Any rational human being would have just walked away - or just accepted that CIG was not looking to repeat EVE's mistakes. But many couldn't handle that - :siren: they wanted this game as pitched :siren: - First Person Perspective - flying ships - large capital battles - huge organizations to infiltrate and subvert - Economies to collapse - Areas to control - Why the Goons with a game like that could become famous again - oh the fun they could have - the poo poo they could stir up.
But then CIG said it would be controller agnostic - and early builds had the Mouse better than Joystick .... NO ... NO we wont have that thank you - for the next 14 months after Arena Commander is released nearly daily threads or questions about when Joystick is going to be fixed.
In amongst that - CIG nailed down the PVP slider which would allow people to set their interactions with players to near non existent ..... WHAT??? You mean some sperglord on the forums questioning me could not be hunted down and griefed into oblivion .... OH gently caress NO - we're going to loving make sure everyone knows we don't like that.

Then after months of harassing Carebears and Mouse users - they started to get sick of Goon poo poo and started to ignore them on forums - CIG merged threads and gave suspensions out for bringing up the toxic topics - which was obviously a declaration of war and you only HAD to respond in kind.
And then months later we find ourselves here with the general citizen population seeing - The Goons as big bad boogymen with Derek Smart as their General. And the Goons seeing a bunch of whiny little sperglords that doubt their word, attack their friends, protect scum and therefor deserve everything they have coming.
I've watched this unfold as impartially as I could - I've reached out to you and Beer at times saying I think you've let it get to you. :siren: I've implored you and any other Goon to just walk away because after all this community however rotten it is - is locked to Star Citizen till it comes out or fails.:siren:

And again Pedophilia and Unwated genital pictures should be reported to police - when did you become the Internet saviours? No that's an excuse to start a fight because the game you wanted isn't being made the way you wanted. You're using those events the same way a guy at a bar moves back quickly to get someone to spill their drink on him.
Now I've used you a lot - I should clarify that wasn't a direction at you - that was a collective you - an embodiment of combined events that can't be easily referred to.
You Melkor aren't too bad a guy - hell I still like conversing with you - I hate being ultimatumed at - but that aside. You've been ridiculously civil and the little biblical poo poo aside, I've appreciated your candor.

Just understand all CIG wanted to do was make their game - all the community wanted to do was watch as it happened. Some people doubted it could happen and others doubted anything could go wrong. I'm going to continue to watch - because that's what I do, and I will continue to call out bullshit where I see it.
Since you seem to be committed to enacting this even though I am sure your conscience is telling you its unjustified the response for the slight. If I ruin a honeypot or an entrapment by calling it out as such its not a declaration of my side its me doing what I've always done - call out bullshit.
I'm here to see CIG out to the end - regardless of outcome and without causing poo poo - because I grew up a long time ago.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This was seriously the best reddit had to offer, Jesus weeps.

Furthermore, the Star Citizen community must be destroyed.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're at a point where most other companies wouldn't even call it an alpha. And yet they're going to release a full AAA game in less than a year.

I take back everything I've said about Jared. I love this man. Whatever cognitive dissonance is required to say the things he has said without his head exploding is something that needs to be studied and weaponized.

But you see, Jared understands the cosmic joke. What you consider your life is an hallucination. You are not yourself, but the whole universe, unfolding, happening, calling and called to express the love that binds all things in the eternal now. So buy a 10k jpeg instead of taking your family on vacation. Now.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

G0RF posted:

The Kickstarter comments of late...

They've been told their SOL by CIG, too.

quote:

Jeremy
3 days ago

I said that, it has been 12 months since the estimated delivery date, and I am entitled to a refund. The response was that, the money has been spent, and so there is nothing left to refund. I replied and mentioned that the company is still solvent and has no case to deny refunds due to lack of funds, but this went unanswered."

So, they're either saying "Your money is now spent, we can't refund it!" which is hilariously dumb or "We no longer have money to refund you" which is just as loving hilarious and dumb to admit. If I buy something from a store and it's faulty, will they just tell me "Sorry, we've spent that money already, we can't refund you"?

Ogrish
Mar 21, 2004
what's in the box?
I never wanted to see Daikatana out-Daikatana'd, yet here we are. What a beautiful disaster.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

MeLKoR posted:

Furthermore, the Star Citizen community must be destroyed.
nah

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Patch Notes:
Added birds

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Romes128 posted:

I like how cig has come full circle and is using cryengine to make a full blown fps.

Next announcement in 2 weeks: "starengine will be remade from the ground up to do space stuff! We're already far in development. 2 weeks from today the full pu will be out."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Patch Notes:
Rearranged deckchairs
Added Lifeboats in the store for purchase

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Eonwe posted:

Patch Notes:
Rearranged deckchairs

perfect

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Patch Notes:
Rearranged deckchairs

rescue ship coming in two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40kb6i/what_is_with_the_starter_packs/

"The $30 pack is a limited edition holiday package, discounted from the usual $45 price.

It may go back into stock at the end of this year, but Squadron 42 may be released by then. Also, the game will be splitting properly into Squadron 42 and Star Citizen this month, so the value for money won't be as good."

The value of the money.

Ok, I give up.

• Locked thread