Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

there was a quote from some recent video about how SQ42 was considered the main game development now, with freeplay and adventuring and poo poo to be developed after that.

but this is the underlying problem - the team won't ever say anything clearly enough to be interpreted unambiguously, because they want to be able to pull the old "black is white" trick later. they'll change language and talk about "shifts in focus" or "evolution", rather than the black and white development targets they committed to in the fundraiser. it's political doublespeak.

a great example of this is the "rooms system", which is now a complete joke. the initial promise was ongoing personalised rooms, that would update depending on what you did in the universe; for example, a unique starmap for you based on the procedurally generated whatever in the game, hangars that had customised firing ranges and whatever else. but now they're saying "it's done. what's there is the room system", and the excuse is that "how we understand the rooms system has 'evolved' beyond what was initially conceived." this might sound great to Joe Backer in a live video feed, but in reality is just them sliding off the hook for making promises they - once again - couldn't deliver.

I really hope someone is keeping track of all the broken promises so it can be posted in one place for people to admire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

alf_pogs posted:

there was a quote from some recent video about how SQ42 was considered the main game development now, with freeplay and adventuring and poo poo to be developed after that.

I think if Chris doesn't get Sandi's "acting" with real actors produced and out there, she's gonna divorce him. Again. That along with how badly he wants to foist his "genius" onto the world, means SQ42 is his Alpha and Omega right now. What on earth could motivate him to keep working once the 1-star reviews start rolling in, and the cash dries up?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I really hope someone is keeping track of all the broken promises so it can be posted in one place for people to admire.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

here it is, i found it

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

MeLKoR posted:

However I can admit in my interactions with her - she's been nothing but cordial

DUDE NO YOU DO NOT JUST EXCUSE OTHER PEOPLE'S HORRIBLE BEHAVIOR WITH "EH, SHE WAS NICE TO ME." :psyboom: Bootcha once said something nearly identical about Sandi to me, which went over about as well as you might expect. He . . . listened.

MeLKoR posted:

Any rational human being would have just walked away

Yep. Looking at you, Bootcha . . . and countless others who have walked away in disgust.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Patch Notes:
Rearranged deckchairs
Added Lifeboats in the store for purchase

PTU update. Left it for an hour, came back and it popped a message that there was a new client. Hit update, the little build number changed and it's waiting to download the final 350.05Kb.

fake edit: Hit the little gear icon to 'verify files', and the launcher froze.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

Patch Notes:
Rearranged deckchairs
Added Lifeboats in the store for purchase

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Now I feel better. Thank you.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hardycore posted:

rescue ship coming in two weeks

we will no longer be providing rescue ships as those ships have set sail by our staff. you dont want us to ask these hard workers to make sacrifices do you?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

PTU update. Left it for an hour, came back and it popped a message that there was a new client. Hit update, the little build number changed and it's waiting to download the final 350.05Kb.

fake edit: Hit the little gear icon to 'verify files', and the launcher froze.

You'll probably have to re-download the whole thing again. I haven't played this game in almost 8 months and this poo poo still happens? Shameful.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Announcing a new ship to be purchasable in 2 weeks!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is every Shitizen suffering from some sort of mental disorder or what?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

fuzzknot posted:

DUDE NO YOU DO NOT JUST EXCUSE OTHER PEOPLE'S HORRIBLE BEHAVIOR WITH "EH, SHE WAS NICE TO ME." :psyboom: Bootcha once said something nearly identical about Sandi to me, which went over about as well as you might expect. He . . . listened.

When someone smiles the way Sandi smiles, my first thoughts are not: "She looks nice" but rather: "Those are shark eyes + teeth. Get it away from me."

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

CrazyLoon posted:

When someone smiles the way Sandi smiles, my first thoughts are not: "She looks nice" but rather: "Those are shark eyes + teeth. Get it away from me."

Funny you should mention that; I showed Sandi's IMDB profile to a (female) friend back in October, and she said "She looks like a bitch. Girls can always tell."

Bootcha thought it was girly high-school-ish drama; I assured him it was not. Some things you just know. Granted, some things are also helped along by a heaping amount of scandal and adding two and two, but whatever.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Codependent Poster posted:

Is every Shitizen suffering from some sort of mental disorder or what?

I'm going to find 50 people without ships of their own to crew my ship. :downs:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
speaking of Austin id really like to move there from DFW

well thats my story

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

CrazyLoon posted:

Normal people can pick up on the little signals from sociopaths, even if only on a subconscious level. When a real person smiles, it shows not only in the mouth, but the eyes, how the body is held, and a gazillion other little cues that a normal person picks up on. When a sociopath knows that it's time to smile in order to achieve whatever goal for themselves they think the smile will help accomplish, they approximate the gesture by imitating others. "I turn up the sides of my mouth and show my teeth." They think they're mimicking a human emotion, while the rest of us have an "uncanny valley" response and instinctively back the gently caress away.

It's fascinating and scary at the same time.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

well thats my story

Oh dear God, like Bootcha didn't have enough secret gay lovers in the local hockey community. :sigh:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
lol if you think eonwe's loving anyone except me and p gabz (yes i know you whore)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

You'll probably have to re-download the whole thing again. I haven't played this game in almost 8 months and this poo poo still happens? Shameful.

It is downloading again, good call. Fun thing is that they appear to be delivering this poo poo over Amazon from a single host.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

MeLKoR posted:

This was seriously the best reddit had to offer, Jesus weeps.

Furthermore, the Star Citizen community must be destroyed.

yikes.. lives are at stake here folks. games are real.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who wouldn't go gay for bootcha is what i want to know

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yikes imagine being that warped.

quote:

Jeez dude - seriously - are you new to this???

The breaking up of points is bloody early 2000 trolling - You pick out the easiest to attack points and make split commentary on it. Making sure to avoid all context and acknowledgement of anything else in the thread. In the hopes that each new page allows your narrative to be what people judge the conversation on. However this doesn't work on Reddit as the responses are included in the thread - seriously go back to the main page and try and find this thread you'll see all my responses are contained to you in chronological order.

Again the debate by attrition and misdirection - this is what Derek Smart falls into is he your hero?

So you read my whole post and conveniently ignored all the points in which I agreed with you about CIG moderation and still insisted on dragging out of context points - just for the purpose of extending the debate. But you couldn't respond to the post in total - nope because that would fracture your narrative.

The fact you keep saying "it's only a conversation" is basically Sealioning 101 - and blatantly obvious at that. The worst of it all - the really worst of it - is you're probably not actually a bad person.

You're likely someone who has joined the crowd of people incredulous that Star Citizen has accumilated 100 million plus - you're probably a Goon based on your posting but I couldn't be arsed trawling through your posting history for confirmation - so I'll admit that is speculation.

But regardless of that - you like Beer - he might be your best friend and you dislike people's attitude towards and comments about him and that's ok you're allowed to stick up for your mates.

So yeah you're here - ready to defend your mate - again for only being banned from being on a private forum for a private company. I don't have an issue with you sticking up for him. However its the way you don't seem to care what or who you use to defend him, is what I have an issue with.

Now you're here pissing off people - baiting the passionate ones into saying something stupid and using lovely TV Drama debate show tactics to attack a group of people who for the most part just wanted to be excited about something. Oh sure you can point out all the people with flaws and things you don't like - in your so terribly polite way - I mean thousands of people have been banned from the CIG forums both permanent and temporary - but all of their accurate and justified bans are negated because of 1 action now it seems. And it doesn't matter that someone agrees with you its hosed up like I have. You're now so invested in winning you're Derek Smarting this till the end, you're going to keep trying every avenue of attack until you win and puff out your chest and pretend that win negates all your fails.

So here is where I implore you - be a better human being - be someone your family would be proud of. What would your mother think of you using the horrific history of Lynching as a comparison to someone being banned from posting on a forum? She'd wonder where she went wrong with you that you would associate the two together.

Be a Better person Tallardar - stop tarring everyone with the same brush something you seek justice over for the treatment of Beer and by extension the Goons - stop perpetuating hate.

:laffo: at them trying to guit trip me by assuming my parents would take umbrage with me calling CIG's light treatment of pedophilic content pathetic when compared to how they acted towards Beer. Or that me using the civil rights movement to prove that people take offensive acts to call for positive change is something they'd also be offended by.

This is the same guy who said this

quote:

if you can't engage sensibly don't engage at all.

I don't care if it was obvious bait dude - if you're putting Pedophiles anywhere higher than the lowest rung on the ladder you're making yourself and the community look bad.

You can choose not to comment - who cares if they think its a win - who cares if they dance around saying they got you.

Its words on the internet - in a couple of months you wont even remember this conversation but anyone affected by pedophilia will remember you as the person who said there were people worse than pedophiles who were probably more acceptable.

And in a couple of months when this is all forgotten you'll loving hate yourself for writing that.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

SquirrelGrip posted:

lol if you think eonwe's loving anyone except me and p gabz (yes i know you whore)

Oh, true. I might have known. So I only have rink rats to contend with. That's all right then.

. . . Unless y'all play hockey, too. :ohdear:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
star citizen is a cancer and we are the cure imo.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A Neurotic Jew posted:

star citizen is a cancer and we are the cure imo.

bankruptcy will cure star citizenship, we're just here for the laughs

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

That's true; he's quite the cutie. :3: He's been catcalled by guys.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

well thats my story

there's an empty office building in Bee Cave you can squat in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hardycore posted:

lol

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

hardycore posted:

And/or an equally empty one in the Arboretum, too.

Possibly Bootcha's place as well, but only when I'm not there and provided you don't share the same toys.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Pi dude posted:

1,160,977 citizens.

:gary:

It's got to get them riled up to see EVE have more viewers.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i did have a job offer at a network operations center there since I have CCNA but they were like 'well, you don't have any actual NOC experience...we'll offer you *starvation wage*'

so i was just like no thank you

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It would take a whole building. But there is, as previously mentioned, an empty building in Bee Cave. If they overflow, they can take over the one in the Arboretum as well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will make my way there eventually because Austin is fun as hell

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted: