Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dan Gheesling (born September 1, 1983) is a former American reality television contestant who appeared on the Big Brother 10 which he won. He was also the runner-up of Big Brother 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how the gently caress did he not win Big Brother 14

thatw as some bullshit

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

Dan Gheesling (born September 1, 1983) is a former American reality television contestant who appeared on the Big Brother 10 which he won. He was also the runner-up of Big Brother 14.

A body of work. :swoon:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

It neither appears in the original KS campaign, nor the funding stretch goals. So they can definitely go back on that one without ramifications.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

"Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)"

Not sure how else that can be interpreted. Players hosting their own servers with mod support was a core feature.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dan: Oh god, I've spent how much on star citizen?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not sure how else that can be interpreted. Players hosting their own servers with mod support was a core feature.

early days

alternatively

don't question Chris' genius

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

mod-able multiplayer - you can mod your ships
hosted by YOU - you are the host in a peer to peer multiplayer instance with 16 players

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Game delivered. Promise kept. Refunds denied. Case closed."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Codependent Poster posted:

Is every Shitizen suffering from some sort of mental disorder or what?

I feel like I'm starting to suffer from one for actively talking to them.

Then again I try to be a nice person and like talking to people.

Except the Belgians.

gently caress those guys.

Eonwe posted:

speaking of Austin id really like to move there from DFW

well thats my story

I applied to a job in Flower Mound. Is that a bad area?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
no flower mound is just fine

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

YOU is the acronym for another company Roberts owns.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I applied to a job in Flower Mound. Is that a bad area?

When I was in school there and trying to be an evangelical christian I went to a kickin' rad megachurch near there.

Had their own bookstore/coffee shop and lots of money changers conveniently right there in the temple

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

no flower mound is just fine

Cool. It's unironically for Funimation even though I have zero interest in anime poo poo. It's just media stuff and I dislike the NYC area after four years working for a TV network.

It'd be cool to go to Austin rather than DFW though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anime is good

im watching anime right now

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Yesterday morning at 4am I was driving home from work (I work at a bar). everything was fine everything was good, until my engine started to sputter. Just as I pulled over my engine totally cut out, I had over heated it. for about an hour I tried all the tricks I knew to cool it down and get it started, but alas she would not start. so I got her towed home and went to sleep.

I got her started in the morning to my immediate joy, but then the sudden realization that not all was as it seemed hit me. It sounded wrong, it felt wrong, everything was all wrong. I know this car, it was my first car, I know how its supposed to feel. I know this engine, for nearly 10 years I have been keeping it running, I know how its supposed to sound. I shut her off and opened up the head, the over heat warped some valves and one of the pistons had eaten one. pretty much the only constant thing in my life since I was 16 was now dead, there had been issues before but they were always easy fixes, cheap fixes but this was something beyond my capabilities and would cost too much to be worth the fix.

the car is an old mustang, sure its the 2.3L 4cl, but its my car. I always took care of it and it always took care of me, I realize this sounds super hokey to some folks, but I am sitting here waiting for some guy I dont even know to come here, pick up my car, and take it to some place and use it for parts. pardon the pun but I feel like I am sending my trusted steed to the glue factory.

Yes I realize that it is just a car, but it still hurts. and I never want to feel this hurt again, but I still hope that star citizen can even slightly evoke this feeling because it would be so immersive. I picked up a mustang omega with a graphics card because I like the idea of one of my first ships being a red mustang like my first car. It would be interesting to maybe re kindle that feeling alittle. probably going to slam it into a checkpoint ring during my first race in the PU, but hey a boy can dream right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40juy6/i_never_again_wish_to_feel_this_way_but_i_hope/

everything relates to star citizen

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anime is always bad to me. Within five minutes I just want to turn it off.

Maybe the job application was a bad idea.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Someone do the teeth for eyes thing.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

But Loiosh never came back :ohdear:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Some random funny pictures.

I don't know how they got michael jackson involved in this.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

WTF. I drive a Mustang and would never sully it by comparing it to a janky-rear end nonexistent video game. Then again, mine sounds cooler--and more functional--than his. Still. You lose your beloved car, or even a POS car but the thing that gets you from point A to point B, and you hope that Star Citizen will save you? WTF.

Sad, sad people like this make me madder than ever at SC.

edit: Even my terrible old Toyota whose check engine light never went off was better than Star Citizen. At least it worked most of the time. ( . . . "Check engine." The perfect message for CIG.)

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 12, 2016

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

this is from before they bought the $15,000 feeding troth from restoration furniture.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 12, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know how they got michael jackson involved in this.

michael jackson is the only one who looks happy in this photo and HE'S DEAD

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Some random funny pictures.

I think James and Jenny are a couple and they are both lovely

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EminusSleepus posted:

Then all is right with the world.

Is anyone good at photoshop? I'm not. I'm sure you guys get the joke here.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember:

"Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic" - some famous gently caress

"Any magic you can distinguish isn't sufficiently advanced enough" - another famous gently caress

"Actually, maybe it is you which isn't advanced enough" - some :smuggo: start citizen quoting himself

Just remembered that and laughed wanted to share with you guys.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Won't lie, I'd be down to have that many Cheez Its.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

OWLS! posted:

Those patch notes are loving weak.

No kidding. Oh no, missing bathroom doors!

I know it isn't the same genre, but look at how a proper developer documents patches.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6707e4bc0ca533c1a2cb12155fc91d884c6b6a84

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
If there is any goon that would not wet it up on sandi's worst day you are no true goon.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Unfunny Poster posted:

Won't lie, I'd be down to have that many Cheez Its.

Yeah, but not at once. Unless the "down" part is the aftermath.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EminusSleepus posted:

Yeah they're pretty happy together.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Ben looks noticeable thinner in that picture, this job is literally killing him.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

neonbregna posted:

If there is any goon that would not wet it up on sandi's worst day you are no true goon.

What does wet it up mean?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bait and Swatch posted:

What does wet it up mean?

I thought it meant blood from a gunshot wound.

Even if it means something completely different, it can't be good.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
You know how sometimes a group has a joke, but since you dont normally hang out with the group you don't get that joke? I think that is this thread for everyone, shitizens, redditors, other goons

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fuzzknot posted:

Yeah, but not at once. Unless the "down" part is the aftermath.

You don't know how much I like Cheez Its though.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Also welcome back eonwe, I missed ya you crazy purple dino

Oh poo poo, I like the new av

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
how do you pronounce eonwe

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Bait and Swatch posted:

You know how sometimes a group has a joke, but since you dont normally hang out with the group you don't get that joke? I think that is this thread for everyone, shitizens, redditors, other goons

Yeah, but if you get all the jokes, you can't possibly have a life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

You know how sometimes a group has a joke, but since you dont normally hang satout with the group you don't get that joke? I think that is this thread for everyone, shitizens, redditors, other goons

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699788 check the last 3 or pages for wet it up.

• Locked thread