Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pinwiz11 posted:

(un)Fortunately, no Bianca on CBB
For a split second I thought you meant Comedy Bang! Bang! and man, I'd really like to see that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Christeene was on James St. James' Transformations.

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C7thhfWTs

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Season 8 cast will be announced on Feb 1.

http://www.newnownext.com/the-cast-of-rupauls-drag-race-season-8-will-be-announced-at-new-now-next-honors/01/2016/?xrs=synd_facebook_rpdr

Let's get this thing going.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I am beyond excited :swoon:

...Does that mean there'll be a new thread?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Fantastisk posted:

I am beyond excited :swoon:

...Does that mean there'll be a new thread?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Come on season L8!

At least they fired the person responsible for the challenges so we (hopefully) won't get another season 7.

Is it time to spam gifs for the new OP yet? :D

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'll take any and all Season 7 gifs in prep for the new thread. I'll start on it when the next season gets closer.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

I think I just watched this 40 times in a row, it's a loving masterpiece. The way Laganja just kind of ragdolls is fantastic, it's like she's in a bad CG test render.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXiL0Jp7dMk

CHiRAL posted:

At least they fired the person responsible for the challenges so we (hopefully) won't get another season 7.
Thank god.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'll take any and all Season 7 gifs in prep for the new thread. I'll start on it when the next season gets closer.

I don't have as many as I thought... weird, I did enjoy s7 at the time. Oh well, click the one below for more.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

If the reddit sub is to be believed the cast list is pretty OK with some standouts. They're usually pretty good at it so I'm taking it at face value.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

starting a rewatch of season 2; in the first workroom scene it's shown that Mystique wasn't given a dress form large enough for her :( that seems super shady of the producers!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

the escape goat posted:

starting a rewatch of season 2; in the first workroom scene it's shown that Mystique wasn't given a dress form large enough for her :( that seems super shady of the producers!

I always feel that the early seasons were not so fond of larger girls. hosed up.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The show is literally founded on taking big girls who have worked their asses off for decades to be where they are today, giving them a couple minutes of screen time, and then immediately booting them.

Pretty sure RuPaul always gives a shoutout to Porkchop at every finale because of that.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

the escape goat posted:

I think you'r reading too much into it. WoW is just incompetent and didn't think to bring one imo

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Ehh, I'm not so sure about that. Remember season 6, where after Trinity got eliminated they took away all the makeup for darker skintones, then brought in a dark skinned guy to make over without giving it back? It completely hosed over Joslyn in that challenge, and the judges mentioned that he looked "metallic" because the makeup she had to use was way too light. WoW can be shady as gently caress when they want to get rid of someone.

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 18, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Or just stupid and incompetent. There's plenty of shade there too, especially in the editing, but thanks to all the T and hearsay I've read I wouldn't be surprised if they just did those mistakes because they didn't give this stuff any thought.

Willam's book should be out towards the end of the year :haw:

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

curiousTerminal posted:

Ehh, I'm not so sure about that. Remember season 6, where after Trinity got eliminated they took away all the makeup for darker skintones, then brought in a dark skinned guy to make over without giving it back? It completely hosed over Joslyn in that challenge, and the judges mentioned that he looked "metallic" because the makeup she had to use was way too light. WoW can be shady as gently caress when they want to get rid of someone.

Was this said in the episode, or was it brought up at all, or did someone only put the pieces together after the fact, or what? Basically, how do you know this happened? (not saying you're lying, I'm genuinely curious if this is something I missed or is inside knowledge that I'd have to learn from another site)

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Golbez posted:

Was this said in the episode, or was it brought up at all, or did someone only put the pieces together after the fact, or what? Basically, how do you know this happened? (not saying you're lying, I'm genuinely curious if this is something I missed or is inside knowledge that I'd have to learn from another site)

If I remember right this was talked about in viewing parties by the contestants and then shared on reddit by the people that attended them.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm a bit confused, is season 8 Allstars? Or will that be a completely separate season?

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
They're separate, yeah. Season 8 has all new queens, and All Stars 2 will air sometime after that!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

they've had two filmed seasons in the bag for months and are holding them for far too long :mad: why not just air 'em already?!

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Fantastisk posted:

They're separate, yeah. Season 8 has all new queens, and All Stars 2 will air sometime after that!

Thank you! For the longest time all I had heard about was All Stars being filmed so that's where the confusion started.

And yes, please stop hoarding these seasons and air them already!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Cause they need to milk their one successful show to publicise their lovely events no one would watch otherwise :j:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Everyone watches LOGO for the three hour daily Golden Girls marathons duh

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Really? No one's posted this yet?

https://twitter.com/KimChi_Chic/status/694192917326512128

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Meet the queens is up on Logotv.com

We need a new thread!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Let's wait for all the queens to be revealed, the show won't air for another month anyways

Edit: oh duh, they did? I should pay more attention

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 2, 2016

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'll put up the new thread a week or two before the premiere.

Thanks, Logo, for the nice Queen photos!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Are y'all seriously not talking about the s8 roster?

Bob.

Bob should just win.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Bob is better than the entire cast of season 7 combined (katya excluded) and there's no reason he shouldn't be making it through the whole season.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Bob was hilarious and so eloquent in her intro video.

Who will be our villain this season?

Anyone else also looking forward to AllStars 2?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Andrew_1985 posted:

I didn't get any strong villain vibes out of anyone in particular other than Naysha Lopez being the one real Pageant Queen in the bunch, or everyone deciding to strangle Derrick Barry after the 500th Britney name drop.

It feels like they made sure to skew older this season (the average age seems to be about 32) to prevent the outright fuckery of last season. I dig that.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

spite house posted:

Bob should just win.

Agreed. Give Bob the crown, let's move on to All Stars.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
AllStars 2 isn't airing until like November 2022 I'm sure.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Isn't AS2 already filmed?

And yeah I freaking love Bob, here are some of her Must Watch Routines:

"Crazy": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L00sx82Nw8

"Vogue": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2hRykXf9LU

"Slave 4 U": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaekaFzDACo

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Andrew_1985 posted:

Bob was hilarious and so eloquent in her intro video.

Anyone else also looking forward to AllStars 2?

Agreed 100%/Naomi Smalls/Not if they're doing teams again.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Bob sure is awesome. But Dax promised to bring X-Men realness to the game. So conflicted.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm not even trying to piece this together right now because you never know. Who would have known that Trinity would have slayed like she did and that Joslyn Fox would have been the best early on?

Is it March yet? :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Cocks Cable posted:

Bob sure is awesome. But Dax promised to bring X-Men realness to the game. So conflicted.

Hashtag Nine-One-Tweezy-Keep-It-Sleazy :allears:

• Locked thread