Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the door is impressive when you realize that by adding the door, all the weapons had to be changed, then all the shields had to be changed, then all the armor had to be changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Maybe it's like, a metaphor

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Maybe it's like, a metaphor

The door is star citizen?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the door is impressive when you realize that by adding the door, all the weapons had to be changed, then all the shields had to be changed, then all the armor had to be changed.

I look forward to bathroom doors randomly bisecting the ship models when they re-add them to the game.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

BeefThief posted:

Sure the bathroom door is 11gb, but it's a really cool door. Lots of fidelity.

Given the level of grossness in the SC community, I'm not convinced the absence of a bathroom door was entirely accidental.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I'm looking forward to opening a door entering you into a 20 second door going throughing animation

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Think about this: when you get in your spaceship and pilot it, YOU BECOME THE BATHROOM DOOR.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
[quote="A Neurotic Jew" post="45487"9256"]
[/quote]

. . . in the house that Chris Roberts built.

Can somebody who cares more than I do please do a Star Citizen parody of "This Is the House That Jack Built"?

edit: No, wait, sorry; I meant the "For Want of Nail" one. Though either would do, I suppose.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 12, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

have you tried playing it yet? did you coordinate the rape module to optimize your computer hardware?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

It's not in the stretch goals, so they have every right to not do it. So yeah, they can break every single uttered promised that wasn't in writing. All of them. Including birds. Especially birds. And animals. And skinning animals.

Mr. Smart, I think you'll find that you are indeed correctly wrong. The private server wasn't a stretch goal, it was an initial campaign promise.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen?ref=nav_search#description

D_Smart posted:

It neither appears in the original KS campaign, nor the funding stretch goals. So they can definitely go back on that one without ramifications.

Come on, Derek. You're the fact-checker extraordinaire!

quote:

•Allowing user generated content is a key design goal

Our modding tools will allow players to design new ships for both submission to the persistent RSI ship dealer network or to build custom ships and items for the self-hosted multiplayer mode.

quote:

How will modding work?

Players will be given full control of their game! When operating private servers, players will be able and encouraged to mod the game. It doesn’t stop there, though: we hope to institute a ‘mod approval’ process that will allow the best of the best player created ships and other additions to be integrated into the central persistent world as well.

Last updated: Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:08 AM EST

Edit:

quote:

Real quick, Star Citizen is:
•A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
•Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
•Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
•Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
•No Subscriptions
•No Pay to Win

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 12, 2016

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

have you tried playing it yet? did you coordinate the rape module to optimize your computer hardware?
No, I want to have literally NO experience of it when I go into it with my daughter.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Think about this: when you get in your spaceship and pilot it, YOU BECOME THE BATHROOM DOOR.

There are millions of dollars in bathroom door purchases just ripe for the taking.

Someone needs to ask Croberts if they can sell a portable toilet ship for use at space concerts. There could even be a septic waste mini game like Saints Row 2.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A present from the abyss.

WTF? lol this will give you nightmares

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs posted:

the kickstarter comments are something else; there's comments from december 2014 asking for a timeline and a bunch of folks wanting refunds.

there's this many people dissatisfied with the whole project and somehow there are still absolute die-hard bongos over on the reddit defending the company. its just bonkers and cannot possibly have a happy ending for anyone

Someone invite those poor bastards over here and give them some info on chargebacks.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Someone be sure to let Reddit know lowtax is gonna stream. I want to watch the comments and taste their salty tears.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

jaegerx posted:

Someone be sure to let Reddit know lowtax is gonna stream. I want to watch the comments and taste their salty tears.

"he's playing it WRONG everyone KNOWS they are going to fix THAT"

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

jaegerx posted:

Oh god if you do that, be sure to avoid the comments section

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

This was seriously the best reddit had to offer, Jesus weeps.

Furthermore, the Star Citizen community must be destroyed.

He started off being almost reasonable and descended into conspiracy-mode hysterics, that was quite a bizarre read. Save the carebears!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lowtax posted:

No, I want to have literally NO experience of it when I go into it with my daughter.

Well I certainly think that's admirable, but will you give your child time to prepare for goons and their chants for goku pants and pictures of cattes in goku pants?

e: oh god it's youtube, isn't it. Well at least you can upload the mod that changes all comments to "derps" and she will be safe.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lowtax posted:

When do you think the stream will happen?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
next patch they will add a vent, but this will result in having to remove the door and also all FPS gameplay.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jaegerx posted:

I'd imagine they'd just mass report the stream and try to get it shut down.

I'd also not put it past them to claim Lowtax's daughter isn't real and is some other goon pretending to be a kid.

Lowtax posted:

Oh god if you do that, be sure to avoid the comments section

Give some Goons mod status in the chat. That way they can arbitrarily mute people from posting which would send the SC fans into a tizzy.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Carol Pizzamom posted:

post fox body but pre 2016 isn't that bad, it's just that the 2016 is so ridiculously good that it can beat a 2016 m3 on many racetracks for a fraction the price :patriot:

This one is mine, and it is currently worth less than what several whales have spent on Star Citizen :thumbsup:

I'm not quite sure how to even feel that a crazy loving furry like wesha has given more money to croberts for jpegs than my car is worth.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 12, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40g6jk/ptu_21d_feedback_thread/cyuuc4e

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A Neurotic Jew posted:

how do you pronounce eonwe

yon-way

:confused:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

ewe2 posted:

He started off being almost reasonable and descended into conspiracy-mode hysterics, that was quite a bizarre read. Save the carebears!
If you think that's bad, you should see macharial420 :tinfoil:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd imagine they'd just mass report the stream and try to get it shut down.

I'd also not put it past them to claim Lowtax's daughter isn't real and is some other goon pretending to be a kid.

Ah man. I forgot they do that mass reporting poo poo. Remember when SA was down and we made that kids year by watching him stream mine craft.

Be cool Reddit. Just let this happen.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Lowtax posted:

You are just going to crash repeatedly. It will be great?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

jaegerx posted:

Ah man. I forgot they do that mass reporting poo poo. Remember when SA was down and we made that kids year by watching him stream mine craft.

Be cool Reddit. Just let this happen.
I have two webcams, so unless they think my daughter is a hyperrealistic 3D model that would only be found in the most technologically advanced PC gaming titles such as Star Citizen, I doubt they could claim that.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

mustangs 2016 and later or 1978 and earlier own

surely you mean 2015? my 2015 is no different than a '16.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Starkk posted:

surely you mean 2015? my 2015 is no different than a '16.

yeah, the new fastbacks

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I have two webcams, so unless they think my daughter is a hyperrealistic 3D model that would only be found in the most technologically advanced PC gaming titles such as Star Citizen, I doubt they could claim that.

Well I'm sure quite a few of them have those realistic dolls for "companionship" I wouldn't put it past them.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

yeah, the new fastbacks

They are pretty cool, here's mine:

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I don't think I'd want to stream my daughter to shitizens/reddit

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Starkk posted:

They are pretty cool, here's mine:

you hosed up. the red one is at least a half second faster, considering red is the fastest color

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

you hosed up. the red one is at least a half second faster, considering red is the fastest color

nah bro, Deep Impact Blue is def the best color

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Officer Sandvich posted:

I don't think I'd want to stream my daughter to shitizens/reddit

Think of it as a chance for citizens to prove how not toxic their community is.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Starkk posted:

nah bro, Deep Impact Blue is def the best color

its a car, not a lovely 90's movie

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Gwaihir posted:

I'm not quite sure how to even feel that a crazy loving furry like wesha has given more money to croberts for jpegs than my car is worth.

That's what gets me. There is NO excuse for spending more money on a video game than you would on a car unless the car is a Trabant. Even at that, the Trabant probably has a few salvageable bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

its a car, not a lovely 90's movie

tell that to Ford

• Locked thread