Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The problem here is that since we are already using about two wealth for repairs and resupply, we can't spend that much money on daggers. Even buying those two wealth daggers would set us back 4 wealth from what we need till the end of the month, and there is no guarantee that a single mission will pay that much, which would mean we are forced to perform two missions to make ends meet. Which would basically force us to enter Murdermine, if that quest is not done by other by the time we beat the yetis.

Actually, now that I think of it: We know how to deal with officials, so use our clerk powers to consult the chamberlain on the yeti mission rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What are the immediate consequences of not paying our fees in full? What if we offer, say, 3/4?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We have to be in person to pay the fees, or send a runner a few days before due. But I assume that if we spoke to who we owe they'd be ok with hiving us some leeway in exchange for a small increase.

Most landlords would rather get something now and the rest and a bit later than get nothing at all and have to look for new tenants. Just make sure we are respectful and propose new terms that are favourable to them and done screw us too badly. Should probably get an Accountant bonus on that.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The [013 Wealth] you owe at the end of the month is upkeep and salaries for your recruits, not rent.
Failure to pay this would not be looked upon favourably by your them who have risked their lives for you, but the exact penalties depend o a lot of factors,
such as morale and who is left alive at the end of the month.

The [013 wealth] represents two months of salaries for your recruits; They already agreed to postpone their pay for the first month whilst you got the business sorted out.
They have been living on their own meagre savings, but they can't keep that up forever.

You still have several months to save up for the [030 wealth] needed to pay off the much bigger sum you owe for the headquarters and guild-membership.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ah, see if the men would be ok with a profit sharing arrangement. Do they want to be paid now, but then we can't afford to go on, or do they want to take half of what they're owed and take a 20% bonus as soon as we're able to pay them.

Eg. Waiting for a big city will net us more cash with the owl bear cubs etc.

Obviously we're doing well for a startup. And I think we've shown that we give somewhat of a poo poo about their wellbeing. If we had the cash konnie would get a very nice pair of daggers and whatnot.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
H. Don't sell them yet, dammit. Figure out our balance closer to the end of the month first, THEN decide whether we can afford to keep them or not.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
More questions, more answers!

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Worried about your new team not being back yet?

Through the resulting high-speed ten minute monologue you get the distinct impression that, not only is she not worried, that worrying about the health of others doesn't even enter her spectrum of emotions.
Not that she doesn't care what happens to people, for indeed, she appears very friendly and caring, moreso that 'death' is a concept she is fundamentally at peace with.

Outrail posted:

Ah, see if the men would be ok with a profit sharing arrangement. Do they want to be paid now, but then we can't afford to go on, or do they want to take half of what they're owed and take a 20% bonus as soon as we're able to pay them.

You are no master evaluator, not yet, but your skill at accountancy is unsurpassed in the circles you currently move around in.
You have already convinced a group of essentially hired killers to not only risk their lives for you, but to do so without being paid for two months, to do this for you on the promise of riches alone.
You still have a week or more to get the rest of the [wealth] required to pay their salaries.
Telling them they won't be getting paid before sending them into another high-risk mission; the same mission that might generate enough funds to actually pay them, does not seem like a sound tactical decision to you at this time.
Essentially, it is better to apologize after the fact.

Theantero posted:

Actually, now that I think of it: We know how to deal with officials, so use our clerk powers to consult the chamberlain on the yeti mission rewards.

Some time later you head off to the Lords Fortress. There, you find yourself already expected, with servants leading you from the gates through dark, stone corridors into a larger chamber whereupon a throne sits no one at all.
Instead, you are met by a herald doing what he does best, heralding your arrival.

:toot: "Presenting: Master Thorgrim Ironscript, head of the 'Ironscript Tyrannofauna Extermination Company' and said company! :toot:

And out from the darkness behind the throne steps the Chamberlain.

"My Apologizes, gentlemen. The Lord of the Manor is currently... indisposed."

He pauses for a moment to take you all in. You do the same.
Before you stands a very serious man. He moves with utmost certainty, as if any other outcome of his day is unthinkable.
A man that breaths only to keep himself alive, but schedules his day around his breaths, so as they not interfere with the work set out before him.

"Lords have the luxury of dancing around words, but I do not have time for games."
"My sources tell me you are the pragmatic sort, Mr. Ironscript, and your actions, and successes as of late speak louder than words."

He sighs.

"I believe these recent incursions by the Yetis and the trouble at our mines represent a targeted strike on our fair city by some outside entity."
"I don't know who is behind it, and that is perhaps what infuriates me most of all. An Eastmarsh plot? Some distant Lord attempting to expand his influence, under the waning flag of the Empire?"
He wrings his hands, brow deeply furrowed.

"Grüw sits on some considerable wealth, yet we rely on trade to survive. Our caravans are usually guarded by the imperial militia, but they have all been called away."
"I need someone reliable at my side. Deal with our issues and you will be handsomely rewarded. Find out more about this plot, and you will have more than our coffers at your disposal."

---

Though the minutiae is buried in contracts, the Chamberlain is offering to pay you [01 wealth] per two severed head of Yeti, with a completion bonus for eradicating the tribe entirely.
You may ask both him and Axi Meyer any questions you desire. Voting remains open for a while longer.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
B, I, Hug fuzzies

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

2:B 3:H

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Offer to trade/sell her some of the FOOF. Gnomes eat that poo poo up, let her be the one responsible for reducing a city or two to ash and not us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Do not sell the foof. The foof is too precious and awesome to waste.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
A Tasty Treat, A Cold Defeat.
Month 2, Week Three, Day Four

Unimpressed by the Chamberlains dramatic reveals, you pocket the contract and give him a curt nod. “The Yetis. Where do they live?” “What do you know about them?”

Summoning a servant who brings out a map of the area around Grüw, the Chamberlain points to an area somewhat to the northeast.

“We aren't sure. None particularly care to venture to their death, and the Imperial Militia has been called away. We know attacks usually come from this direction and the times they have been spotted it has been in that general area as well.
My sources say Yeti attacks are unusual, and we never had a problem with them until a few seasons back aside from some goats going missing, but who misses goats? They are dime a dozen in these hills.”

You spend some time going over what you both know, and you leave with a feeling of confidence. Finally, some tactically viable information on your intended target before you face it head-on.

---

ITEC gathers back in the Tavern where you found Axi Meyer sometime around mid-day.
Kvelar and Tommy have made the necessary repairs on their armour and you have new horses with new equipment to make your journeys easier, yet Abigail and Konnie will have to go without such items of protection for now. [-02 wealth]
You tell Konnie to sit this one out, perhaps see to selling the Owlbear cubs in your absence. His eyes lights up, but when he asks about the Daggers and you tell him your plan they darken once more.

“Tsh, Nah, can't fight without proper daggers mate, it ain't a choice. What say you let me run the bargains eh, I just need some, procuring funds, yeah, that’s it, and I'll take yer mind of both 'cubs and daggers. Sound good? Just leave it to ol' Konnie.”
A sly smile crosses his face, before he hides it behind his regular expression. Also a sly smile.

You consider the offer, hugging an owlbear cub close. Perhaps you should name them? And keep them forever? They are so warm and cuddly, you almost cant imagine life without then, But on the other hand, fat stacks of cash.

They hoot comfortably in your embrace. Several of your companions shake their heads, but Johakim pats one them and nods at you, knowingly.

You dine together with your crew, relaxing properly for the first time in days on a luxurious meal of goatmeat, Bad Duck Rice(tm), a platter of goatcheese, goatmilk and mead.
You briefly consider the iceslime sorbet that crowns the menu, but are disappointed to find that they are fresh out. Another time perhaps. Out of sheer slimerelated curiosity, you ask the chef where one might find one,
and he explains with some passion that they live high in the mountains, near coldsprings or glaciers. Like most slimes, they fear fire and the light, so the chances of seeing one in early winter is slim.
They are easy to mistake for patches of ice and they rely on this camouflage to trap their prey. Mostly small birds looking for water or the occasional billygoat kid.

Your early dinner is spent in conversation, disseminating yeti information and discussing a plan of action. Kvelar shares his experiences with everyone, stating:

"Aye, as I was saeyin, tough as all get out, never tiring, they all call the mountains their home. They ain't fast but they don't need ta be. They ain't got no wicked claws neither, not like the beasties we fought earlier this week, nae.
They have brute strength and cunning, and don't need much more'n that. 'eavy armour is no use 'gainst them, they jus rip yer arm off y'ken, an noisy plate jus' as likely ta wear ye out before ye get to the scuffle.'
'If we must fight them, and I don't reckon we must, i'd wait until summer an go in with thrice their numbers, all men armed with pikes and ropes and whatnot. Don't let them get intae meleé. 'Course we 'ave none o' that, so my guess is as good as yers."

Kvelar lets the sentence hang in the air, as if waiting for replies. Some come, some more swiftly than others. Can they be starved? Poisoned? Smoked out or set aflame?

“Starvin' them will mean cullin' every goat on the mountain, I suspect the townsfolk will be none to happy about that.” “Poison encounters the same problem, ye ken, unless we sneak into their lands. Lands which they have all the advantages in.”
“They live high on the mountains, fire will be of little use.” He catches your eye. “And tha' accursed bottle ye carried with ye ta the owlbears, more likely as not to set off an avalanche, and then wher'd we be?”

---

1:
Konnie is offering to take your [01 wealth] and [03 Owlbear Cubs] and do something with them that would presumably net him the daggers he wants and perhaps even bring back some profit. He has outright refused daggers of decent-quality,
stating when pressed that he cannot work with 'cutlery'. Do you let Konnie ply his trade?
A: Sure! What could go wrong? [-01 wealth? - 03 owlbear cubs? + ???]
B: No, tell him to stick to looking for offers for the cubs.

---

2:
You have three owlbear cubs that surely, you would never ever sell unless you got a really good offer for them! What have you taken to calling them, in between hugs and advertising their soft fur to interested would-be-clients?

x03

C: Write-in! Name the cubs!
(Names are subject to the Office of Acceptable Naming Practices (a subdivision of the Imperial Census Agency) Even for pets. Innapropiate names are subject to fines and sanctions and in severe cases, labour camps. The Imperial Census does not take responsibility for any damages you may incur before, during or after the naming ceremony.)

---

3:
The site of the most recent attack lay some two hours to the north. Going now would see you arrive as the sun was setting, but with several hours until nightfall. The conditions are currently clear, but those may change at any time here on the mountain. Expect snow, mist, or worse.
You are going higher and into rougher terrain then what ITEC is used too, yet you can assume that you have all the necessary gear to make the ascent. The question is, when do you set off?

D: Right now!
E: Wait until tommorow!
F: Actually I reconsidered, I want to do something else. What?

---

4:
And what is your plan of attack? / Do you have any last minute adjustments to your team? As of right now, you are leaving Konnie behind and taking everyone else.
G: Write-in!

---

Party Thoughts:
Kvelar: “There must be somethin' agitatin' the Yetis...”
Tommy: “Be that as it may, they are payin' us a lot to kill them all.”
Khami: “It is unwise to play, when the opponent holds all the cards.”
Johakim: “Errythins' got a weakness. Just gotta find it.”
Konnie: “Heh. Don't worry about it boss, I’ll see to these stupid owlbears...”
Abigail: “Back at the tavern, even the biggest bruiser would drop with a well-placed broom to the back of the knee. Even the toughest fighter would go down to a gaggle of lesser men.” “They ain't so tough with a broken mug 'cross their noggin.”
Skvababt: “Mhm. Like lovers exhausted after.. a long.. long days... activities... even monsters must rest, no? We should at least scout their habitat, when they do. Mhm and if what Kvelar says is true, maybe we can even talk to them? Become such close friends. Mhmmm.”
Owlbear Cubs: Hoot Hoot! (Don't leave us with the bad man!)

---

[ITEC Summary]
Morale is improving. The current mood is content.
Your crew is healthy and well fed.
Your rations are well-stocked.
Your Owlbear cubs are adequately cared for.
Your have enough horses and supplies to cover most minor eventualities and to travel without penalties.
You have [00] bottles of FOOF remaining in your pack, with [05] back at headquarters.
You have [02] Ethereal RimRose Cupcakes remaining in your pack, with [09] back at headquarters.
Your equipment is lacking, putting one fighter out of commission, [Konnie] and leaving another without armour. [Abigail]

After the recent expenses, you have [011 Wealth] to your name and owe [013 Wealth] in salaries and upkeep by the end of the month.
The date is currently month 2, week three, day four, meaning you have one week and three days until the deadline.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
BE

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

B
Snuffkin, Wuffles and Plink
E
-

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B

Beaky, Fluffkin, and Sir Bob

E

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Snuffkin, Fluffkin, and Worf

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

AE We'vw got no offers for the cuba yet, and Konnie needs some new daggers, so might aswell clear two birds with one stone.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

nothing to seehere posted:

AE We'vw got no offers for the cuba yet, and Konnie needs some new daggers, so might aswell clear two birds with one stone.

Yeah.

hollylolly posted:

Beaky, Fluffkin, and Sir Bob

Also yeah.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Gustavus, Albrecht, and Gottfried.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Fluffkin, Snuffkin and Sir Bob
Month 2, week three, day four.

You decide to wait until the morrow before you head out, and Konnie slips away to the streets of Grüw with a promise that he will meet back up with you when you return.
You eventually retire to your quarters, and as you fall into the usual black void of sleep, you last thoughts are of your owlbear cubs.

“Screech!”

In a strange sepia landscape two figures battle for supremacy. You try to move but cannot, locked in place as if stuck to a sheet of paper. In desperation, you look around you, but you see only sleeping, almost lifeless forms.
A few stand out in such a way that you'd swear you could recognize them anywhere, even if their faces are indistinct, almost runny. The battle continues above/below/beyond you with blots of dark ink streaming to and fro, accompanied by roars and haunted braying.

----
You Sunk my Mountainship!
Month 2, week three, day five.
You awake in a cold sweat. It is some time past dawn, and rather than face your dreams again you go down to the dining hall to wait for your companions.

1:
The last vote was a tie, you still haven’t decided on how to handle Konnies proposition and the owlbear cubs. As a reminder; he is offering to take [01 wealth] and [03 Owlbear Cubs] in an attempt to do... something? That will generate a profit? and probably daggers as well.

A: Let Konnie do his thing.
B: Tell him to just focus on finding offers for the Owlbears.

---

2:
As usual, you may query any available NPC for their thoughts. Since nothing much new has come to light since the previous day, your party has nothing new to share. Unless perchance you tell them of your dream.
This is also the place to vote to do something else, if you feel like there is something you want to do before heading out.
Write-in. Ask away!

---

3:

A flurry of Yetis dwell somewhere upon this mountain. Your intel so far indicates that they have been spotted in the region of [b2 → b5 and c2 → c5] [b4] being the site of the Silver Mines of Grüw.
Traversing a square takes one hour per height of row, meaning that going from D1 to D2 would take one hour, but going the same distance, F3 to F4 would take four hours in total. Climbing a row takes the longer period. Descending a row takes the shorter.

Where to you go first?
Write-in.

---

[ITEC Summary]
Morale is steady. The current mood is content.
Your crew is healthy and well fed.
Your rations are well-stocked.
Your Owlbear cubs are adequately cared for.
Your have enough horses and supplies to cover most minor eventualities and to travel without penalties.
You have [00] bottles of FOOF remaining in your pack, with [05] back at headquarters.
You have [02] Ethereal RimRose Cupcakes remaining in your pack, with [09] back at headquarters.
Your equipment is lacking, putting one fighter out of commission, [Konnie] and leaving another without armour. [Abigail]
Konnie is not available for this mission.

You have [011 Wealth] to your name and owe [013 Wealth] in salaries and upkeep by the end of the month. The date is currently month 2, week three, day five meaning you have one week and two days until the deadline.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

First of all, ask the chamberlain to elaborate a bit on those worries that he has. Seems fair enough line of inquiry if he wants us to work with him.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Do Yeties speak a differnt language? I think we should try negotiation. Mostly because we don't have any foof left.

B

B2

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
QandA

Theantero posted:

First of all, ask the chamberlain to elaborate a bit on those worries that he has.

(Some time previously)

"Our militia called away, Yetis harassing travellers, our Lord in duress, the troubles at our mine? Any one problem is enough to deal with, but all at once? Something just doesn't add up.
It is as if we are cursed, but the godtalkers report nothing out of the ordinary. The peoples of Grüw are a hardy lot, but they are worried just the same. I'm not sure who is behind it, but they must sport some powerful favours to avoid detection."

Outrail posted:

Do Yeties speak a differnt language?

"Aye, but they understand our own well enough, or some of them at least. Enough ta hold a conversation with a grizzled warrior at deaths door."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ask the chamberlain a bit about the politics of Grüw. Any feuds with other areas or settlements? Any group or faction who would particularly benefit from Grüw's troubles? Does he have any personal suspicions?

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
eat a cupcake

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

eat a cupcake

Why not. They're useless until we figure out what they do and we can't figure out what they do without eating them. Nom nom nom

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Theantero posted:

Ask the chamberlain a bit about the politics of Grüw. Any feuds with other areas or settlements? Any group or faction who would particularly benefit from Grüw's troubles? Does he have any personal suspicions?

'We're a peaceful mining town, like any other. But our wealth makes us targets for those with more ambition than scruples. Other Lords are most likely. The Guilds are on another level entirely, they wouldn't bother.
We have paid the Gods our dues, and as mentioned the priests report nothing out of the ordinary."

He paces, gestures to the map laid before you as he speaks.

"If I knew who to blame I wouldn't need the help I am asking for." "As to whom I suspect?"

"Tukatt Hold is ruled by fellow dwarves. It guards the passes to the northwest, and we to the southeast. Trade flows amicably between our settlements.
We have no lasting quarrel, and theirs is a law abiding community."

"Eastmarsh has it's share of troublemakers, but is ruled with an iron-fist by the senior members of the Carmine family. If Eastmarsh wishes us ill, it it because of their amibition, for they have no shortage of resources of their own.
Yet the mountain seperates us, making direct action difficult."

"Karg... that desolate place is home to all sorts, but it is still the region capital and we, nominally at least, fall under it's rule. Perhaps some minor noble, tired of his role as underling, could set us up to further his own schemes?"
"In better times such disobedience would be delt with swiftly by The Imperial Army, but these are not better times."

"Over the river we have Fehgis, sister-town to Braav (whom I believe you are well aquainted with?). No nobility to speak of, but I wouldn't put it past some of it's deizines to try something above their station.
I don't know the area well enough to speculate further."

Of course, there is always "'the Forest'." He shudders at the mere mention. "But we live far up a mountain, and what would A Forest want with silver? Still, it seems opposed to civilisation on some basic level.
I know nothing more about it."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Intriguing.

Also yeah, let's have another trippy cupcake interlude, why not?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Calling it now, Eastmarsh is behind it. Uppity, can't cross the mountains so they've bribed,blackmailed or extorted the Yeti into attacking instead. I think we should try diplomacy, maybe we can pay/help the Yeti and turn them on their masters.

Tell bossman these suspicions, and ask if he'd be willing to pay off the yeti if it comes to it, and how much is he willing to pay them off with.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Theantero posted:

Intriguing.

Also yeah, let's have another trippy cupcake interlude, why not?

Sure, worked last time.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
But first, a Snack!
Month 2, week three, day four.

Still troubled by your dreams and unsure of what to do next, you decide the best pick-me-up is one of the strange gnome-baked cupcakes that you squirrelled away in your pack. The dining hall is empty still, as all lay asleep in these early morning hours.

You lay [01] Ethereal RimRose Cupcake out on the table before you, carefully unwrapping it from it's beautifully decorated box and sit down before it.

Your mouth waters, as you bring it closer to your maw. Any second now you will taste this rare delicatessen, any second your nostrils will inhale the sweet aroma of this wonderful dessert.

Your vision narrows. Focus. All sounds dim, all colours fade.

You are standing on a hilly, sepia plane. The figures of your dream are gone, but you can feel their presence, far in the distance. You bring your hands to your face to try to feel out your features but all you grasp are crumbs.
They fall through your hands, revealing or forming a thin blue cord stretching from within your body to somewhere far below you.

You try to move, and find you can float effortlessly, but as you do so, more and more crumbs fall to ground.

Cautious, for you feel that the crumbs are important somehow, you anchor yourself inwardly and peer around you, trying to make sense of anything at all.

You sense that Grüw is somehow insidebelow you.
Likewise, you feel many minute tugs in the same direction.
Your cord tugs in the same direction.

You sense that conflict is occurring far, far to the sideways front forward.

If you concentrate, you can feel the warmth of many forms.

Far abovebeyond you, danger, abhorent.

You feel Full.

1:
What do you do?
Write-in.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Go towards the warmest form!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Look at the danger up. Are there any muffins around? They're usually pretty crumby

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Go towards the warmest form!

Sure.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Carefully find out what the danger is!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Warmth

Grüw lies before you, but gone are the chill winds and weary citizens. You float through the streets leaving behind you a shimmer trail of crumbs as you go, seeking the warmest source like some sort of extra dimensional moth.

You have only been there a day, but you still recognize the places you pass. Shops, squares, houses. In all of them you sense the docile heat and it feels comforting. Yet when you pass by the temple, you are surprised to say the least to find it... missing.
Where Grüws church should be is simple gone. In it's place are the streets surrounding it, seamless.

You find the tavern you where in before you came here. The closer you get the stronger the tug of your cord becomes, the more it drags you in. Crumbs start pouring, and you retreat lest you be entirely emptied.

You know several members of ITEC lie inside that building.
You know you could focus on them, should you so desire.
You know doing so would drain you faster.
To tell which is warmest, you would need to float closer.

There are other warmth’s in the city. They seem to correlate to the peoples within.

The danger you sensed before is gone, or perhaps so distant as to be negligible.

The conflict is still raging.

You are emptying, but still have more than enough.

1:
What do you do?
Write-in.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
fly to mine to check on rival team

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 12, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

This makes sense.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Nyaa posted:

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Never Mine the Yetis

You are struck by sudden insight; If this is indeed the world you are viewing, and you can float, perhaps you can go somewhere far away in a hurry, even scout out locations you have yet been?
You don't know the way to the mines, not exactly, but you know the general direction and seem to have some sort of heatsense. As far as you can tell, it leads you to people, although you have yet to see one up close. You could be wrong.

Woosh!

You leave Grüw behind, spreading your crumbtrail thin behind you. Travelling much faster than on horseback, faster than anything you have ever heard of, you soar over the sepia snow, across the mountain.
Here and there you sense small warmths beneath you, always covered. By snow or by canopy. You could investigate, but are quickly draining and long to reach your destination.
There is no real way to tell time, but time does pass. You feel the tug of your cord, see the shifting of shadows on the washed out mountain around you. On the very edges of perception the hints of danger.

---

Just as you start getting concerned about the drain of crumbs, your senses suddenly spike. A collection of cold, deliberate, vile and dominating power.
A great column of smoke descends from the heavens, punching through the ground. It pulses and writhes, and you must look away.
Somehow, beneath the ground you sense a solitary heat-source. Surrounded by ever shifting pinpoints of temperature.

You are almost empty, yet you feel as if you have some effort to spare.
The tug of your cord remains strong.

What do you do?