Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Local pharmacies carry the same medicine that the big ones carry, meaning you still support those monopolies :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

#notacult #nosirree #totallynormal

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

"90 day internet prescription factories"

Ask how he feels about chemtrails.

Also: http://www.gamesbrief.com/2010/05/five-reasons-why-steam-will-destroy-the-pc-games-industry/

"it's so good, it's bad"

tl;dr - he's wrong on every count.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dude also ignores that platforms like Origin, GOG, etc. also exist and carry games outside of Steam and are just as decent of an alternative, let along most places I know of let you buy the game directly from the publisher without needing Steam.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

$220s for a 1 year access actually only gives you 11 months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40op9y/cig_math/

is this for their paid forums or is it another way that CIG is sucking money of out morons?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

is this for their paid forums or is it another way that CIG is sucking money of out morons?

I don't know, nor do I really care because CIG is charging $220 for a year long sub that doesn't last a year.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
subscription based pricing models are the last step in game design

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that is an insane amount of money for what equates to being able to hope Chris Roberts answers your question with a Yes at some point

between bans, alt accounts, and everything else, I don't think I've spent $220 on 10+ years of SA.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know, nor do I really care because CIG is charging $220 for a year long sub that doesn't last a year.

It's $20 a month, not sure what happened to that guy but if they had a billing issue when he bought a year I bet they fixed it pretty damm quick if it meant they might lose $20 a punter.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

$10 gets you the subscriber forum, as pointless as it sounds, also gets you a $5 hangar trophy a month, not worth it.

$20 gets you the subscriber forum, as pointless as it sounds, also gets you a $5 hangar trophy a month, plus an extra to gift, plus other junk, not worth it x2.

You used to be able to get them to cancel subscriptions and even refund them if you were forceful enough. I bet that policy has ended.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 12, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I pay like $120 a year in EVE subs (assuming I don't just PLEX the account), but I also get a month of gametime for a finished game.

This is more than that for YouTube vids.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AP posted:

It's $20 a month, not sure what happened to that guy but if they had a billing issue when he bought a year I bet they fixed it pretty damm quick if it meant they might lose $20 a punter.

$10 gets you the subscriber forum, as pointless as it sounds, also gets you a $5 hangar trophy a month, not worth it.

$20 gets you the subscriber forum, as pointless as it sounds, also gets you a $5 hangar trophy a month, plus an extra to gift, plus other junk, not worth it x2.

You used to be able to get them to cancel subscriptions and even refund them if you were forceful enough. I bet that policy has ended.

Is there any aspect of this non-delivering shitshow that they haven't monetized? You can see this scam from space.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

that is an insane amount of money for what equates to being able to hope Chris Roberts answers your question with a Yes at some point

between bans, alt accounts, and everything else, I don't think I've spent $220 on 10+ years of SA.

You have to train the whales at the earliest age if you want to milk them for the longest time.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312604/bottom-of-the-list-does-not-alwasy-mean-least-important

Kittens McMittens
Jan 1, 2012
About a billion pages ago I mentioned I was taking CIG to small claims court here in the UK to get my refund. I just got notice they are defending the claim(!!); some guy called Ortwin Freyermuth, who is a director of CIG, signed off on the action. An hour of that guy's time must be worth more than the money I gave them.

Lol.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

wikidd posted:

About a billion pages ago I mentioned I was taking CIG to small claims court here in the UK to get my refund. I just got notice they are defending the claim(!!); some guy called Ortwin Freyermuth, who is a director of CIG, signed off on the action. An hour of that guy's time must be worth more than the money I gave them.

Lol.

I'm surprised you went through with it, and even more surprised that they're going to contest it. Can I ask about how much you're in for that they're actually going to present a case?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Unfunny Poster posted:

What I love most about all of this is that there's a group of Citizens who wail on and on about how little Goons affect anything, how much they don't think we matter, how irrelevant we are etc.

All while posting lengthy discussions about Goons, reading SA to pull quotes and complain about etc.

It's comical.

The report function still doesn't work. Wonder if poking the mods will actually do anything. This is the same guy they gave a 24 hr temp ban for posting misogynistic poo poo the other day too.

PGabz, you should reference his racism when he spergs out at you on YouTube and see if he tries to pretend its not him again.

Oh Rajafa's RAMPANT AND BLATANT RACISM has been noted at my end my friend and will be brought up in every exchange going forward

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Given everything else we know, are we certain that Sandi really came up with the idea of selling ship jpegs?

EDIT:

wikidd posted:

Lol.

:aaaaa:

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 12, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hav posted:

GW has been heading in the wrong direction for a very long time.
By "a very long time", you mean about 25 years?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Please file for future use: Star Citizen: It's over stop posting

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

wikidd posted:

Lol.
You are a crack in the dam and Ortwin is going to stick his finger in to try to keep it from breaking wide open. Don't want you to set a precedent, right?

good luck, mate!

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

wikidd posted:

Lol.

amazing

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

wikidd posted:

Lol.

The ruling on that case will be incredibly interesting for the future of crowdsourcing. It might be a minor thing for you, but for many you are, right now, at the crucible of history.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

wikidd posted:

Lol.

Is there a way we can track the status of the case online?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wikidd posted:

Lol.

stick it to the man WIKIDD, i look forward to the david simon doco of your story one day

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

wikidd posted:

Lol.

yessssss

you will be providing more hilarity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Na na na na / It's the one-and-only D-oh-double-G.

SPACE COUUUUUUURT

:gary:

Kittens McMittens
Jan 1, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm surprised you went through with it, and even more surprised that they're going to contest it. Can I ask about how much you're in for that they're actually going to present a case?

$200. Seriously, it's nothing to them. They are claiming it's the wrong jurisdiction. I dunno, I mean, I'm in the UK, they're in the UK. I guess it'll proceed to directions or something. Good thing everything up to actual trial (if they are crazy enough to go that far) is online!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

wikidd posted:

Lol.

the thread finally has a lawsuit! we did it! you did it!

Kittens McMittens
Jan 1, 2012

G0RF posted:

You are a crack in the dam and Ortwin is going to stick his finger in to try to keep it from breaking wide open. Don't want you to set a precedent, right?

good luck, mate!

I guess that must be it. TBH if they just gave me my money back I'd shut up. Court fees for county court are pretty cheap, so I either win and get my money back or lose and get comedy; so still a win.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

aleksendr posted:

The ruling on that case will be incredibly interesting for the future of crowdsourcing. It might be a minor thing for you, but for many you are, right now, at the crucible of history.

Hey to tie this all back to the Warhammer Chat, could we get the lawyers that defended Chapterhouse interested in this?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
S P A C E C O U R T

Kittens McMittens
Jan 1, 2012

neonbregna posted:

Is there a way we can track the status of the case online?

Not yet I don't think. They've only provided notice that they're planning on issuing a defence. I'll update the thread when they actually issue the defence.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen: We did it, we're going to spacecourt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omi-Polari posted:

Na na na na / It's the one-and-only D-oh-double-G.

SPACE COUUUUUUURT

:gary:

This deserves praise.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i can't believe a real judge is going to hear a case about space ship internet pictures

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
If lowtax is willing to give a part of the process to your legal fee i'm totally buying you an Avatar.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Is there any aspect of this non-delivering shitshow that they haven't monetized? You can see this scam from space.

The lack of fuss about the private servers thing is interesting because they've created a situation on the forums now where people have paid a lot of money but don't want to give the appearance of being critical of CIG in any way. A lot of forum posters were taken out the back and shot in the head to achieve that and using Derek Smart as the enemy seems to have created a holy war.

This guy isn't joking, he's just missing a t.

The private server feature cut leaked out on a fan show that only the superfans (plus people looking for laughs) are going to watch and they locked that thread because it might have blown up in drama anyway, if a large number of the normal backers noticed. The last real kickback I remember from the backers was when the VD store went live and people objected to paying so much for crap game items, that caught them by surprise.

This year promises to be very entertaining, all the evidence points to CIG not really having a clue what they are doing, AC, Social module, Multi-crew are all poo poo, FPS has been binned. Yet the Crusaders can't see any of that, it's incredible how people can get sucked into something like this and go out of their way to fool themselves. One day soon people like Karl are going to wake up and realise they are complete idiots and get turned on by their own when they start to voice concerns. The real Star Citizen game of watching all this happen is going to be amazing.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 12, 2016

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Itshappening.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

wikidd posted:

Lol.

Did you send them a letter before action by recorded post? Where any of your purchases after June 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

wikidd posted:

Not yet I don't think. They've only provided notice that they're planning on issuing a defence. I'll update the thread when they actually issue the defence.

this is me IRL, if you need representation my standard fee is 2 jpegs

• Locked thread