Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Enfield posted:

electric cars are for nerds

for a while in georgia you could get like a $200/mo tax credit for having an e-car, and qualify for it by leasing a Leaf for 149 a month no money down

big fat hillbillies were tooling around in Leafs and evidently liking them a fair bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Enfield posted:

electric cars are for nerds

could have fooled me, cuz my car is sick and everyone loves it :) and i sneak up and scare old ppl walking on the reg. I did that once and an old lady called me a oval office. It ruled.

I can see your point if you got like a lovely Leaf or Fiat tho

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taima posted:

could have fooled me, cuz my car is sick and everyone loves it :) and i sneak up and scare old ppl walking on the reg. I did that once and an old lady called me a oval office. It ruled.

I can see your point if you got like a lovely Leaf or Fiat tho

what kind of car is it

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

for a while in georgia you could get like a $200/mo tax credit for having an e-car, and qualify for it by leasing a Leaf for 149 a month no money down

big fat hillbillies were tooling around in Leafs and evidently liking them a fair bit

The gov just gives you $10,000 straight up here. Kind of a drop in the bucket for a good electric but ill take it!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I moved to a less racist state! From Illinois to North Carolina.

So much sweet tea though

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Taima posted:

This argument always makes me laugh. Like ok, your burger made of the shittiest beef possible and your sugar soda is $3? Good job dude, amen, have fun living in the south! Someone has to, after all.

Meanwhile all of the good quality food goes to places that can actually afford it. So enjoy your slaughterhouse scraps picked up off the floor.

Also actual cool things like cars and technology stuff costs basically the same wherever you're from. So a nice car would be like 3-4 years salary for you, if you put every dollar towards paying off the car. Or a computer, which is all of a sudden like 10-20% of your yearly income. Meanwhile I can get a new computer every year just off the money I make taking shits at work.

Basically what I'm saying is that all of the poo poo that's cheap in the south, is cheap because it's terrible. Housing is cheap because it's a terrible place to live. Food is cheap because it's terrible quality. The only real exception is gas, but jokes on you because my car is electric, suck my Californian dick.

What the gently caress is this even- you really think ground beef is different in California than the South? And you think everyone is making like 10K a year? Idiot.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

You mean the WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION?
*spits chaw juice into spittoon*
PTOO

Second Revolutionary War my man

*goes back to making, drinking moonshine 24/7*

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

jlechem posted:

Look at me I'm a southerner and I like to gently caress my cousins

Ur not supposed to gently caress them ur just supposed to make out with them as teenagers that summer when we went to disneyland

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Germstore posted:

What the gently caress is this even- you really think ground beef is different in California than the South? And you think everyone is making like 10K a year? Idiot.

Things like Milk are magically better in California

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Taima posted:

This argument always makes me laugh. Like ok, your burger made of the shittiest beef possible and your sugar soda is $3? Good job dude, amen, have fun living in the south! Someone has to, after all.

Meanwhile all of the good quality food goes to places that can actually afford it. So enjoy your slaughterhouse scraps picked up off the floor.

Also actual cool things like cars and technology stuff costs basically the same wherever you're from. So a nice car would be like 3-4 years salary for you, if you put every dollar towards paying off the car. Or a computer, which is all of a sudden like 10-20% of your yearly income. Meanwhile I can get a new computer every year just off the money I make taking shits at work.

Basically what I'm saying is that all of the poo poo that's cheap in the south, is cheap because it's terrible. Housing is cheap because it's a terrible place to live. Food is cheap because it's terrible quality. The only real exception is gas, but jokes on you because my car is electric, suck my Californian dick.

hmm. looks like youve never been outside your home state!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

EndlessRob posted:

"Nawh seeh heaya, y'all misrepresentin' the fine Southern cultah fer a cheap laugh" *Sucks down 2 gallons of sweet tea, loses foot to diabetes*

Foots are like kidneys man you only need the one.

But watching Atlanta melt down with two inches of snow is always a total laffer.

edit: And Birmingham is a lovely dirty dirty place.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Germstore posted:

i remember a friend graduated from college and went to work for walmart, as a degreed individual, in their legal affairs dept. a year later they threw a big party when he got a 50% raise to 24k a year
walmart has handcuffs so hard that they require all execs above a certain level to have their primary residence in Walmart County.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Germstore posted:

yes? Grass fed homie. Abd oh sorry didnt mean to belittle your cute 30k salary. Have fun living in the south.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

there are now a ton of companies in louisiana who will install solar panels onto your house and rent them to you for like $60/month in exchange for handing them that sweet sweet government rebate

louisiana currently has the highest at 80% rebate to cost of install so those guys must just be printing money

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

subhuman filth posted:

hmm. looks like youve never been outside your home state!

Ive been to the south, on layovers to where ppl actually want to go. Ive been to a lot of nice places :)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Taima posted:

yes? Grass fed homie. Abd oh sorry didnt mean to belittle your cute 30k salary. Have fun living in the south.

Former marin county resident checking in to say ok I will

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you could go visit, go could drive your car because it has great gas mileage

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Taima posted:

I went to compare my states median income to California, and I noticed that California's median income has dropped 1/3 in the last 15 years. What the actual gently caress? Have fun living in a collapsing state I guess.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Taima lives in bakersfield and picks naranjas que lastima

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

Former marin county resident checking in to say ok I will

Good. I mean someone has to, thanks for taking one for the team. If you need me I'll be drinking a cocktail on the beach while I watch the sunset.

Enfield posted:

you could go visit, go could drive your car because it has great gas mileage

Dude. I have two cars obviously? Like 99% of people who own an electric car? LOL

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

Taima lives in bakersfield and picks naranjas que lastima

Dude that is actually hilarious because I have some family in Bakersfield and whenever we go there we just relentlessly make fun of it until we leave.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the south is good

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

*lifts out of the thread on a helicopter*

Just kidding I don't have a helicopter lol

I'll stop being mean guys sorry I'm kind of a dick

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Taima posted:

I'll be drinking a cocktail on the beach while I watch the sunset.
Between ur taste in cars or ur taste in booze which would u say is the most unmanly

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you aint a man til you licked bbq sauce off a titty

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The south owns we don't eat that pussy rear end maple and sage queer sausage

The south makes up the balls and guts of the nation the northwest is the nations university degree in basket weaving and New England is the nations limp wrist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpiwa3so8U

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

Between ur taste in cars or ur taste in booze which would u say is the most unmanly

Haha I am actually really secure in my manhood so I can drink a cocktail, doesn't bother me at all :) which in my case is usually an old fashioned. But I also like beer and single malts. Just happen to be enjoying a nice gin and tonic tonight, since we have leftover tonic from a party.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Taima posted:

Haha I am actually really secure in my manhood

quote:

But I also like beer and single malts.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taima posted:

Haha I am actually really secure in my manhood so I can drink a cocktail, doesn't bother me at all :) which in my case is usually an old fashioned. But I also like beer and single malts. Just happen to be enjoying a nice gin and tonic tonight, since we have leftover tonic from a party.

lol

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hey Taima maybe you should make like the Salton Sea and just die slowly in the desert valley killing hundreds of fish and other life through farm runoff and salinization :smug:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Taima posted:

Dude. I have two cars obviously? Like 99% of people who own an electric car? LOL

two cars?? I gotta be movin my behind to californ-i-ay

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I suppose liking different kinds of drinks is pretty funny, now that I think about it :)

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

blurgh blargh I'm forums user Taima

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I am officially owned by the internet lol

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
in the south you can get hosed up and ride 4 wheelers into trees

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Enfield posted:

in the michigan you can get hosed up and ride snowmobiles into trees

the southnorth of the northsouth

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LThTDDMhk4

thesouth.mov

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

point of order; it's clearly fall in that vid which would seem to indicate a more northern climate

GBS needs to learn to compartmentalize its general burning hatred for rednecks from its contempt for the South as these are two distinct sociological phenomena

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

point of order; it's clearly fall in that vid which would seem to indicate a more northern climate

GBS needs to learn to compartmentalize its general burning hatred for rednecks from its contempt for the South as these are two distinct sociological phenomena

Spoken like a son of a gun who never been up in the Appalachians like a proper hilljack :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
the people who make these threads, and pitbull threads, and gamergate threads, are the stupidest goddamn human beings on gods green earth. bless your hearts, as is said in the south.

• Locked thread