Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Agrajag posted:

lol what in the gently caress is the story with this? did he just take a bump of coke prior to this recording or something?

That gif explains so much about Chris. His directorial style, his management style, and why this game has gone to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

If it looks like this game is going to come out in any sort of release ready state the first thing we should do is create a coalition to "lobby for PvE players rights and maybe even organize some sort of in game alliance so we can back each other up" and get the ingame handles of as many of these people as possible.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:eyepop: that's a "completionist" backer, meaning he's put at least $15,000 in to the game.

Some nice blowback going on in that thread.

They don't charge VAT on RSI credit purchases, but with unmelts they don't accept RSI credits. So he's wrong, but he's kinda got a point about people having an extra VAT charge for an additional purchase.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

For god sakes, this is simple, all you need to do is ask for the double dip VAT refund when you file your early taxes in the Verse. It will be refunded in UEC based on the strong and robust economy simulation running in the PU.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Google Butt posted:

Nah, just 9000 posts asking for updates because x amounts of posts have been made and people posting weird creepy poo poo about sandi, including spending free time drawing her.

Aw man, I was figuring at least one Seraph rereg or Lesnick heart attack

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So how's it going with fixing the Unmelts that don't take store credit?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6234577/#Comment_6234577

:eyepop: that's a "completionist" backer, meaning he's put at least $15,000 in to the game.

Some nice blowback going on in that thread.

pretty interesting stuff; look forward to these users eventually realising what they've sunk money into and going defcon 1,000

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's a race between Seraph and Jon Pop to be the first to spend one thousand dollars on new accounts!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312557/ship-completion-schedule-general-lack-of-updates-on-progress

Ship Completion Schedule / General Lack of Updates on Progress

Homeless Santa has a stocking full of bullshit 4u.

there's also a $1000-$2499 backer ranting about CIG's "open development" amounting to "P.R. team approved messages from nervous employees trying not to say the wrong thing. "

I don't want to say itshappening.gif, but it does seem like the goodwill from Alpha 2.0 is starting to dwindle.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That's golden.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Is the backer tide actually turning or is it just small cases here and there? That place is such a shithole I can't imagine any dissent would last long.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

It's impossible to keep up with the thread, did INN ever verify Beer's e-mails? Or are they still having a busy Friday evening?

Which do you think?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which do you think?

Well it is friday,,,

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Is the backer tide actually turning or is it just small cases here and there? That place is such a shithole I can't imagine any dissent would last long.

it goes without saying that there's also a bunch of brown-nosing going on in those threads, but it's definitely more griping than what I usually see and from higher-level backers.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

at the moment there's small pockets - but the threads seem to be populated with the usual voices going "just be patient, have faith!"

it makes me wonder if it will ever turn with any speed at all, or if the project will be dragged out so glacially that it'll just have very slow drop-off. how many whales do they need for a pod?

it's cool that people are complaining about lack of transparency at the moment, even if it's only about mundane dev stuff. if that snowballs a bit they might start wanting to see some financial transparency, to see where the money's gone. and if there's one thing i absolutely hate it's CIG's protestations of being "completely transparent and open", while simultaneously never saying or delivering anything of any real value at all, so if the backers can start shutting that down, it's got a real chance of blowing up.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it goes without saying that there's also a bunch of brown-nosing going on in those threads, but it's definitely more griping than what I usually see and from higher-level backers.

Going to need a few more bathroom doors in 2.1h to satisfy it seems.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Changing the PTU version number to 2.2 and adding a new immersion ladder should silence dissent.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Monthly Studio Report December 2015

quote:

Greetings Citizens,

2015 was quite a year for Star Citizen! Since the launch of Alpha 2.0, the team has been glued to their monitors watching backers stream and play and adventure in the first corner of the universe we’re building. There’s plenty of work still to be done, but we’re thrilled to have a version of the game available for play that (we believe) shows the project’s true potential. We hope you’re enjoying 2.0 (or 2.1, if you’re a fan of the PTU!)… there’s plenty more to see in the coming days! But before we look ahead, we’d like to look back at what everyone accomplished in December. Cloud Imperium Games closed for the holidays, allowing our developers some much needed rest and family time… but that doesn’t mean we didn’t make a lot of progress. Read on for our December monthly report to find out just what everyone was up to…

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Just reached rank 10 in BF4. Unlocked 2 shotguns over a few matches, and the mortar. Mortar is at least as good for trolling as it was in BF3. :getin:

I don't normally get into shooty man games, but BF4 has really grabbed me.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I wonder what it would take to actually make more of them see that they're being shat on, short of an email from croberts calling them all "cows ripe for milking" or something....

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

there's also a $1000-$2499 backer ranting about CIG's "open development" amounting to "P.R. team approved messages from nervous employees trying not to say the wrong thing. "
Is that in the same thread?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

If it looks like this game is going to come out in any sort of release ready state the first thing we should do is create a coalition to "lobby for PvE players rights and maybe even organize some sort of in game alliance so we can back each other up" and get the ingame handles of as many of these people as possible.

On a private server that does not exist, so they can continue to sperg about the game in their mind that is like EVE and Elite but not EVE or Elite.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

at the moment there's small pockets - but the threads seem to be populated with the usual voices going "just be patient, have faith!"

it makes me wonder if it will ever turn with any speed at all, or if the project will be dragged out so glacially that it'll just have very slow drop-off. how many whales do they need for a pod?

Agreed on all points ^^^

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

alf_pogs posted:

pretty interesting stuff; look forward to these users eventually realising what they've sunk money into and going defcon 1,000

lower defcons are worse, defcon 1000 is 200 times more chilled than our normal state of readiness to have a nuclear war

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Someone really needs to link and quote that after every one of Ben's posts.

1500 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 14, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

Negative.

Stop me if you've heard this joke before ...
Two Englishmen and a German walk into an expensive eaterie....
The waiter says 'usual gents ? Swedish meatballs for three is it' .....

I'm in the UK and its like apalachin in the late 50's !

Oh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

lower defcons are worse, defcon 1000 is 200 times more chilled than our normal state of readiness to have a nuclear war

god drat. i am from australia which - despite everything going to poo poo - is apparently constantly at defcon 1 million

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I love that the very first image, which should be the biggest/best attention grabber, are 2 empty seats.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Mirificus posted:

Is that in the same thread?

yep

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6236063/#Comment_6236063

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which do you think?

quote:

Have you validated Beer4TheBeerGod's emails yet? Just curious brah.

Aieris_ posted:

Do I care to brah?
Nah brah, not really brah.
Thanks for bothering though brah. Totally relevant to the thread brah. See you later brah.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40n5qy/erris_rates_star_citizen_ships_because/cywlacw?context=3

Journalism at its finest!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312799/2-1-0g-published-to-ptu

2.1g patch notes. Apparently banned accounts can't read them. :laugh:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wow, snark central. what a dick

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

MeLKoR posted:

Were procedurally generated planets or VR support ever mentioned before this? Or are they adding new features at the same time they drop others?

VR was promised in the original funding campaign and procedural generation development was first announced as a stretch goal on 21 February, 2014.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Just tried it and yeah, banned, can't read :D

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ha ha, they are hiding the patch notes now. Ha ha ha.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

alf_pogs posted:

it's cool that people are complaining about lack of transparency at the moment, even if it's only about mundane dev stuff. if that snowballs a bit they might start wanting to see some financial transparency, to see where the money's gone. and if there's one thing i absolutely hate it's CIG's protestations of being "completely transparent and open", while simultaneously never saying or delivering anything of any real value at all, so if the backers can start shutting that down, it's got a real chance of blowing up.
Luckily, CIG can only use excuses like "we're still working on the ship pipeline" for so long before people start asking "why aren't you done with the ship pipeline yet?" I do hope that the SC community is not as docile as I posted earlier, for their sake. Then again if they do snap, it could be pretty brutal.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

At least you got a response, I tried yesterday, but nothing :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zzm2h/drama_the_responsening_inn/cyvjb5b

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Priorities for patch 2.1

*make it so people on other forums cant make fun of our lack of progress

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Another day, another 20GB download. Small price for number two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the notes:

quote:

Special Notes:
We are aware that the elevator UI frequently provides a false-positive “server full” error message when attempting to join an instance. We are investigating the cause of these errors.

Arena Commander Module:

Balance/Tweaks:
Ships
The Freelancer top speed in SCM mode has been adjusted from 200 m/s to 170 m/s.

Fixes:
Ships
Fixed an issue where the Vanduul Glaive and Scythe had incorrect top speeds in SCM mode.
The Scythe now has a top speed of 195 m/s in SCM mode.
The Glaive now has a top speed of 205 m/s in SCM mode.

Persistent Universe:
Gameplay
Fixed an issue where the explosions from player ships would not appear for all clients in range.
Ships
Fixed an issue where the Cutlass Black would bounce around constantly on landing platforms.

• Locked thread