Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Saoshyant posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/final-fantasy-character-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

An interview with Claire "Lightning" Farron on her modeling career.

Also, tons of photos:

Motomu Toriyama is the gift that never stops giving.

Lightning is real. I so happy that this exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
In an old hard drive that's probably stuck in some dusty broom closet, Aki Ross is just seething right now.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

5 years from now the world's leading fashion icons will be lightning, hatsune miku, rosalina and toadette

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

This whole thing is reminding me of that Al Pacino movie, Simone. A few years from now Motomu Toriyama will be charged with the murder of his waifu Lightning because he regrets sharing her with the world after everyone in the world will have Lightning as a waifu.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Lightning might be a wooden board of a character, but at least she's a waifu type that's a stoic, grown-rear end woman and not a vulnerable child...? I guess??? I've learned to appreciate the little things in life

I gave Lightning Returns a pass forever ago but the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like that specific brand of unique/janky that's really interesting to me so I think it's probably time for me to pick it up & eat crow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not janky at all.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The plot & writing is a little janky.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is absolutely janky, especially if you play the console versions which have a framerate that reliably hits single digits in some areas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but stuff doesn't break. When I hear jank I think of like, game-breaking bugs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is not what jank is

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Yeah but stuff doesn't break. When I hear jank I think of like, game-breaking bugs.

A broken game can be janky, but a janky game usually isn't broken. It's normally shorthand for something that's technically and/or mechanically rough, unpolished, or obtuse.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oxxidation posted:

rough, unpolished, or obtuse

FFXIII described to a T.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like a bit of jank in my games because a game's flaws give it a bit more character and make it feel somewhat more like a personal thing than something just made to make money, which it is but hey. Also I come from the 90s arcade scene where there were a million janky rear end arcade games and I love them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said if your game has bugs and frame rate issues you should fuckinng fix them because no amount of character is going to make your poorly optimized game good unless it's Deadly Premonition or a Vanillaware game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

FFXIII described to a T.

FFXIII itself was polished to a mirror sheen, and was about as deep as a mirror too. Its sequels were these weird ramshackle things that were actually sort of charming in how adventurous they looked in comparison to the first one.

I mean, FFXIII-2 was a drat mess but I got to put sunglasses on my pet Tonberry. Five stars!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

That being said if your game has bugs and frame rate issues you should fuckinng fix them because no amount of character is going to make your poorly optimized game good unless it's Deadly Premonition or a Vanillaware game

Deadly Premonition is a stinky pile of poop.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In Training posted:

That just makes it relatable.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Hey Swery follows me and everyone else who follows him on Twitter, leave his game alone

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

I mean you are the expert on pooping

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would genuinely hope everyone in this thread is an expert on pooping. That is not a thing you don't want to be an expert at past the age of 4.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

Hey Swery follows me and everyone else who follows him on Twitter, leave his game alone

Wait, does that mean he saw that Guilty Gear fanart I posted last night?

More on topic I can't believe the joke about Lightning becoming a fashion model is now literally true.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

I would genuinely hope everyone in this thread is an expert on pooping. That is not a thing you don't want to be an expert at past the age of 4.

I enjoy my toilet time because it combines my two favorite things, making GBS threads and shitposting.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

My nephew turns 2 next week and he is already a pooping expert

Also Deadly Premonition is awful to play but that LP was solid

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If people were so called pooping experts, the WiiU would have sold better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Wii U is great...

FOR ME TO POOP ON

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

The Wii U is great...

FOR ME TO POOP ON

I didn't know you wrote for Destructoid!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Saoshyant posted:

FFXIII described to a T.

Much to the contrary, its extreme polish might count against it because it highlights the overall sterility of the presentation.

ImpAtom posted:

I didn't know you wrote for Destructoid!

I got some guilty chuckles out of the buttplug article at least.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 14, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mycot posted:

Wait, does that mean he saw that Guilty Gear fanart I posted last night?

More on topic I can't believe the joke about Lightning becoming a fashion model is now literally true.

So what's next for Lightning? Acting? Music? Reality TV?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Mega64 posted:

So what's next for Lightning? Acting? Music? Reality TV?

A tell-all autobiography - dealing with her addiction to Ethersol, and her brutal struggle with the overlapping worlds of fashion, and deicide.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A career in politics.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

In Training posted:

How many days did you last? If you were planning on saving side quests for later, it doesn't really work out bc the side quests are what increase your total available time

I've probably done most of the sidequests, it's more that I don't know how many I'm missing. I found an entire section of the Wildlands that I hadn't even touched (the southern part) on like, day 11, when I thought I was almost done with the area. If I beat Snow, I'll have all 13 days, I'm just at day 11 right now.

Also the game is pretty janky. Even moving Lightning around can be awkward.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Maybe your computer just isn't up to par for it? "Clunky movement" is one of the last complaints I'd have about the game.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't think so, I just mean that precision isn't really what they were going for. It was particularly bad in the Chaos dungeon thing, where you had to do a bunch of platforming.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You posters think poop is your ally :allears: You merely adopted the poo poo. I was born in it, wiggled inside it. I didn't see the toilet bowl until I was already posting on the Internet, by then it was flame wars!

EDIT: That Lightning thing is garbage. I like it because of how stupid it is, but not unironically like it.

EDIT2: Also I will be using this newfound technology to embed gifs and webms into posts to spam this thread with silly bullshit from FF4 through 7 on a constant, mind destroying basis.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 14, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Are there really no reviews or detailed impressions for FF Explorers anywhere?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Are there really no reviews or detailed impressions for FF Explorers anywhere?

False flag operation imo.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/final-fantasy-character-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

An interview with Claire "Lightning" Farron on her modeling career.

Also, tons of photos:

Motomu Toriyama is the gift that never stops giving.

who, exactly, is the target audience for this??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

People who buy fine handbags.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
for real tho that pink jacket is cute as hell, i'd wear it