Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

so did someone upload a css file from 10 years ago or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
isn't this radium's forums.css

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lowtax clearly stated that this is the persistent test forum. If you're not able to understand what ALPHA means then maybe this isn't the forum for you.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
this new layout is truly in keeping with the high standards of Christo Robbers, i like it

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 14, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want this as a custom CSS going forward

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Literally The Worst posted:

Back in the day there were very obviously parody characters, including a Margaret Thatcher ork

I thought orks were supposed to be the good guys? :confused:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TTerrible posted:

Lowtax clearly stated that this is the persistent test forum. If you're not able to understand what ALPHA means then maybe this isn't the forum for you.

We thought the CSS files were persistent but apparently even that was a lie, lowtax has sold us a hollow dream.

Where the gently caress is the submit reply button oh there it is

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

isn't this radium's forums.css
maybe this is a ploy to bring in more redditors. if the forums look like garbage, they'll feel right at home

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Epic same

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Eonwe posted:

I tried to post but it says "Hi, it seems like you are trying to post on SOMETHINGAWFUL.COM

Each post costs .30 would you like to post. (Tax and fees apply to anyone outside of the contiguous USA.)"

This cost me .30!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Agrajag posted:

i'll believe he knows how to code when my dick magically becomes 10 inches long

Wellll the thing he claims responsibility for is right up there for worst most buggy part of the game, so yea, all evidence points to him having no idea what he's doing.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This is the proof we needed. Lowtax promised that we would pilot our shitposter posting poo poo on the forums when in reality we just become the shitpost.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ash1138 posted:

maybe this is a ploy to bring in more redditors. if the forums look like garbage, they'll feel right at home

:tinfoil: is radium a citizen? don't panic guys but this is maybe AN ATTACK

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Agrajag posted:

i'll believe he knows how to code when my dick magically becomes 10 inches long

Why would you want a shorter dick ?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I guess this is the customary graphical downgrade before release!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

aleksendr posted:

Why would you want a shorter dick ?

to be able to immerse it fully obv

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Thought by the time I'd catch up S42 would be released

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : we'll discuss the game when the forums are unfucked.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Forever is a very long time to wait.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

<css_for_dummies.jpg>

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tippis posted:

Forever is a very long time to wait.

It does work out quite well with when SC will be finished though.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Hav posted:

<css_for_dummies.jpg>
more like version control for dummies

i mean why does this .css file even exist anymore

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ash1138 posted:

more like version control for dummies

i mean why does this .css file even exist anymore

It's probably connected to something critical, never question Radium's code.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Chalks posted:

It does work out quite well with when SC will be finished though.

That's true. The timing is impeccable for that bit, but I'd like to discuss it at least as early as the mechanics design stage, whenever that happens.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
An unaltered official GW-miniature:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I used to have a Slaanesh marine army, it ruled

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So on a lark I finally got to reading the monthly report. This struck out at me:

quote:

Cinematics

We’re currently completing our full breakdown of every scene in SQ42’s script and all material that was shot in regards to scene types.

SQ42 features every type of cinematic you could think of. Ranging from relatively straight forward 3rd person cinematics with filmic cameras without player presence, to 1st person player perspective cinematics with look control and then crossing over into more gameplay oriented conversational scenes with AI characters and full player control. Transitions from cinematics into AI characters most of the time needs to be fluid and conversational scenes often can be interrupted by the player so this requires lots of planning and case handling on animation and AI tech side. The amount of material is massive so getting it all sorted and categorized correctly is essential for production.

We are also working on a scene with Admiral Bishop going planetside to view battle damage and a first scene with Captain Maclaren but both are in their early stages of implementation.

For cinematic environment work, we finished up geometry for the Retribution skydock, started working on the Corvo ruins scene, and started with some terrain RnD of the big background mountains and crater.

The bolded part is really what struck out to me. They're going to have third person cinematics (like the Bishop scene), first person scenes where you're forced to start at something, and then finally the mundane first person side chatter stuff. How does that work with respect to 3D vision? Isn't stealing people's ability to look around basically a recipe for making them sick?

does that number ever decrease? like with melts or so?

Yeah it does.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Hey I can finally contribute something to the thread. There's a developer for Everquest MQ (cheating program that everyone uses) who despite being a programmer/developer can't stop himself from being a whale.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/general-mmo-game-discussion/30112-star-citizen-5-10-15k-dollars-buy-virtual.html

quote:

Star Citizen - I need 5,10, or 15K dollars to buy virtual goods
Anyone else plan on playing star citizen? I bought a ghost and a vanguard and man is my wallet hurting. Also, are any of you super rich cougars or older men that want to spot me $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000 for the sole purpose of purchasing virtual goods so that I can buy the ship packs that have all the ones i want? (no sweet lovin, but maybe i can send Dealings over to your house for mouth pleasure as he is in to that sort of thing.)

So far the little bit I have played it seems pretty solid... but the money sink for this game is off the wall crazy pre launch. I am told you can earn everything in game like in EVE but it will probably take a really long time to do so.

Anyway, maybe if anyone does play we can get set up in the same organization. I kind of want to be a pirate. Yarrrrrr matey.

Oh hey he seems to see the blinking light of DON'T DO THIS, surely he wo....

quote:

JFC im almost $4k into star citizen at this point since that post in april. I am actually to the point that i might as well just get the $5k pack. it's like loving pokemon i gotta collect them all. that is why i am currently selling all my EQ accounts to fund star citizen.

every time they come out with some fancy ship i want, i buy it. i gotta stop. you dont actually have to spend any money beyond buying a package for $45 to get the 2 base games. (there is going to be an mmo part, and a stand alone single player/coop mission game). That base pack comes with a single starter ship.

Welp

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

actually the game will generate spacemen from birth so that they that they have a seemless integration into your star citizen experience and there will be algorithms governing the pairing and reproduction of literally BILLIONS of space nobodies with varying ugliness and fattitude so that the game can select the one closest resembling yourself for maximum immersion

does this mean i can buy pills in the game that will make my spaceman wiener bigger if the procedural generation system does not give me a big enough wee-wee?

this is very important and will factor into my decision to believe in christ roberts dream

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So on a lark I finally got to reading the monthly report. This struck out at me:

The bolded part is really what struck out to me. They're going to have third person cinematics (like the Bishop scene), first person scenes where you're forced to start at something, and then finally the mundane first person side chatter stuff. How does that work with respect to 3D vision? Isn't stealing people's ability to look around basically a recipe for making them sick?

Yes it is. So it is probably going to work on the principle of “we include it because ED does” coupled with “we didn't think this inclusion through.”

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

So Frontier has $12.4 million in the bank and did $15.7 million in revenue for the 6 month period ending 11/30/15. How weird is it going to be if/when Frontier ends up with more cash in reserve than Star Citizen in the near future?

The secret to Frontier's success: empty cockpits.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 14, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Noise Marines are the one 40K thing I can kind of get behind, because loving look at that dude.

The little xenomorph head on the stick loving kills me! I love it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also, someone loving tell Lowtax to stop trying to download Arena Commander 2.0 on the same connection the server hosts are on. God drat.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

The secret to Frontier's success: empty cockpits.

Gosh darn those ships are so sleek i nearly want to lick them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

woah dude you need beer

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

aleksendr posted:

Gosh darn those ships are so sleek i nearly want to lick them.

sorry but if I can't see the wingus piloting those birds I'm not immersed

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Gilganixon posted:

sorry but if I can't see the wingus piloting those birds I'm not immersed

Yea but you can actually fly them around in space so... more immersed?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tippis posted:

Yes it is. So it is probably going to work on the principle of “we include it because ED does” coupled with “we didn't think this inclusion through.”

It's especially funny that Crobberts thinks he's such an artiste that he couldn't simply let players look where they wanted to look during cutscenes, oh no that doesn't fit the vision. He's got such exciting revolutionary mind blowing photography and editing skills that you have to experience it the way it's meant to be experienced.

I mean just look at the amazing camera work in the :yarg: cutscene, you couldn't get that sense of actually being there and experience all those emotions and get goosebumps from the brilliantly written speech if you were allowed to just look around freely. Crobberts took you by the hand and guided you through his dream, his vision, he gave you a taste of his brilliance. :allears:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Weird, I searched "All" and it didn't come up.
The USPTO.gov site is total shiite and direct links are a hassle because sessions expire but here's the registered mark search output for their live trademark...

... and their as-yet-unsecured expanded class of goods filing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, someone loving tell Lowtax to stop trying to download Arena Commander 2.0 on the same connection the server hosts are on. God drat.

Working stylesheets are a Platinum 2.0 feature. You should look at upgrading.

• Locked thread