Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

My Miata has finally gone for good and has been donated to a local charity for at-risk youth. I'm selling the hard top, and my Enkei RPF1s if you're interested. Madison, WI area. The RPF1s have some Toyo T-1r summer tires on them that have a summer or two left to give (depending on how leadfooted you are :D). The wheels are 15".

http://madison.craigslist.org/wto/5369221008.html
http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/5369218149.html

I really want a hardtop, wish I could justify the weeks drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
I'm selling some parts that were pulled off my EF civic si before it was crushed. The distributors are for a D16a6.

MSD distributor, coil, wires, and control box.
http://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/5379828706.html

-sold-Plain Jane distributor and wires.
http://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/5379838803.html

-sold-Koni sport yellows with Eibach pro-kit springs.
http://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/5379800751.html

rowebot44 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 6, 2016

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
Selling my MINI Clubman S: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/minis-and-minis-for-sale/297352-2008-cooper-s-clubman-manual-w-lsd.html#post4159163

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

My Miata has finally gone for good and has been donated to a local charity for at-risk youth. I'm selling the hard top, and my Enkei RPF1s if you're interested. Madison, WI area. The RPF1s have some Toyo T-1r summer tires on them that have a summer or two left to give (depending on how leadfooted you are :D). The wheels are 15".

http://madison.craigslist.org/wto/5369221008.html
http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/5369218149.html

Some stupid rear end in a top hat just emailed me to say "Hard top is the wrong color, I'll give you $400 for it". Lol, yeah it's my fault you want to get it painted. So, that's still available if anyone wants it.

I've got a couple people asking about the wheels though, so they might be gone after this weekend.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Up for sale: 1987 Mercedes 300D, 160K miles.

SOLD!

This is the diesel :spergin: favorite, the one-year-only mechanically injected OM603 aluminum inline 6, with a later head which is one of the most reliable revisions. It sports a raging 143HP and 200 ft-lbs of torque, which means that unlike most diesel Mercs it can get out of its own way. It also will get 30MPG combined or better no matter how hard you drive it. Even better, you don't have to smog this one in CA.

Newish stuff:
-Suspension is in good shape, with new Bilstein dampers all around, newer OE wheels and Pole Position S-04s.
-Radio is a newer deck with line-in, Bluetooth audio and USB.
-New vacuum control valve for HVAC
-Blower motor is new
-Brakes recently done, parking brake adjusted
-Sunroof still works great somehow

This car is much less of a basketcase than the old 190E Cosworth I sold in here years ago, but it still has its share of problems.

-The stupid vacuum operated HVAC is having some issue I can't figure out, but the heat works.
-The AC works but the compressor switch needs replacing. It's an R12 system and was refilled recently (yes, with R12, don't ask.)
-Interior is a bit ratty, driver's side dash speaker is blown, and it will eventually need a driver side window regulator.
-Needs the Mercedes equivalent of a guibo
-Paint is fading, but there's no rust I can find, and it's been a local California car its whole life.

Given that shittier ones with half a million miles go for $2500, I'd like to get $3250 for this one.

I'll add more photos later, but here's one I took after the suspension work was done:

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 16, 2016

faarcyde
Dec 5, 2005
what the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for!?
I am selling a used car. I put it on CL and a guy who was clearly a dealer came to try and buy it. We agreed on a price and when I asked him to sign the title information for the purchaser he said he didn't want to do it.

If I have a bill of sale and his driver ID is there anything that could come back to me? FWIW he seemed shady but what could really go wrong if I had a bill of sale?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That's better suited for the stupid questions thread, but no you absolutely do not want to do a sale where the buyer does not immediately retitle the car. This article explains why but in a nutshell, until it is retitled you are still the legal owner of the car, and that means you can be held liable for anything like unpaid parking tickets, impound fees, poo poo like that.

If the buyer doesn't want to actually take possession of the title, he's not really a car dealer and is probably just someone trying to pretend they are one without paying fees. By never titling the cars himself, he never hits the limit of title transfers per year.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

faarcyde posted:

I am selling a used car. I put it on CL and a guy who was clearly a dealer came to try and buy it. We agreed on a price and when I asked him to sign the title information for the purchaser he said he didn't want to do it.

If I have a bill of sale and his driver ID is there anything that could come back to me? FWIW he seemed shady but what could really go wrong if I had a bill of sale?

It's a tax dodge. I think it's sketchy, but I've bought a vehicle from a mechanic before, and he pulled the title out of a folder with someone else's name on it. In Georgia at least, the state will come to you saying, "Hey, you need to renew your registration", and you'll just need to tell them that you don't own the car any more. The purchaser will be responsible for any back taxes on the vehicle.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
As a buyer, I really like titles that the seller just signs and hands over. I've had too many people gently caress up paperwork by being idiots and filling in poo poo like they know what they're doing, just gimme the drat thing and I'll fill the rest out very carefully. Hell, my dad accidentally checked the odo rollover box on the van I got from him and it resulted in a giant snarl of bureaucracy and stupidity (but I repeat myself) at the RMV. He meant to check the "I certify that this odometer reading is true and accurate" box and got exactly the wrong one :doh:

As a seller... yeah that poo poo is getting signed and filled out before I give it to you.

Unless it is a parts car, then I literally do not care what happens so long as I get a signed title or hand over a signed/dated title with PARTS ONLY written on it. You could draw stick figures and dinosaurs on the drat thing, I don't care, the scrapyard doesn't even want the title unless the shell shows up there whole... which it never does because it won't fit in my truck that way.

faarcyde
Dec 5, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's better suited for the stupid questions thread, but no you absolutely do not want to do a sale where the buyer does not immediately retitle the car. This article explains why but in a nutshell, until it is retitled you are still the legal owner of the car, and that means you can be held liable for anything like unpaid parking tickets, impound fees, poo poo like that.

If the buyer doesn't want to actually take possession of the title, he's not really a car dealer and is probably just someone trying to pretend they are one without paying fees. By never titling the cars himself, he never hits the limit of title transfers per year.

That makes sense but if that is the case, can't that still happen even if he does sign everything correctly? It is still technically mine until he or whoever he tries to sell it to gets it retitled at the SOS, right?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Isn't that the point of the release of liability portion of the title? You fill that out and mail it to the DMV, so that if the buyer never registers the car they at least know you're off the hook for it?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Raluek posted:

Isn't that the point of the release of liability portion of the title? You fill that out and mail it to the DMV, so that if the buyer never registers the car they at least know you're off the hook for it?

Here (Michigan) you can sign off of the title and just give it to the buyer. If they don't do anything with it, the DMV/SoS has no record of the title changing hands. I like to usually do a bill of sale and take a picture or copy the title when I sell the car in case anything crazy happens.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Raluek posted:

Not all states have that. Georgia doesn't, Illinois does. I kinda like it.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Yeah in Georgia, and especially since the addition of ad val, people will try and flip within the 60(?) days you're indemnified from having it registered, so that the ownership doesn't show up on a carfax, etc.

faarcyde
Dec 5, 2005
To give an update, I sought out an official response from the Secretary of State here in Michigan. She said it was illegal to transfer the title without the purchaser filling out all the information and pointed me to a particular statute although I didn't write it down. She also said the potential buyer was "likely a criminal". Advised me the law required a copy of the completely filled out title to be held by the seller.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
More wheels and tires for sale! Factory alloys off the Mustang this time. 17x8", 5x4.5", 245/45R17 Kumhos. Goon pricing is available, but I don't know how many of you guys around Chicago are in the market for wheels. Tell your friends! http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/wto/5404894846.html

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Selling 4 205/40/17 blizzak ws70 snow tires, used for 1 season but plenty of tread left, came off of a fiesta st.

200 obo, will deliver to nyc/westchester area
Or you can pick them up in the bronx.

Will include a new in box k&n air filter for a fiesta st, but I think it will fit all fiestas.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Picked up a mint copy of a factory workshop manual at a local thrift store for $5. Thinking someone here might actually find it useful.

It's 1987 Mazda RX-7, sized like a normal softcover book(pen for scale) but as thick as a proper workshop manual. Guess it's for a glovebox??? Anyway, I'd like my $5 back plus the cost of shipping from Canada. Contact at gmail.

lovely webcam photos:

iv46vi fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 17, 2016

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Gone.

Grumbletron 4000 fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 5, 2016

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
Selling my 1992 civic hatch. I have it listed for more than I expect for it to allow for room to haggle:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5402864759.html

I'm also selling off some 14" civic HX rims that I bought for the hatch and never put on. They will need at least 2 new tires.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/wto/5402792991.html

If anyone is interested, hit me up here or on Craigslist and we can work something out. Thanks.

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...
Selling a set of spoke chrome rims in Eastern NC - http://onslow.craigslist.org/wto/5412793858.html

I bought the truck and it came with these on it - I prefer stock, so I'm selling these. Tires are in OK shape. Would like $600 for the set, but I'd take $500 to get them out of my garage.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

bigtom posted:

Selling a set of spoke chrome rims in Eastern NC - http://onslow.craigslist.org/wto/5412793858.html

I bought the truck and it came with these on it - I prefer stock, so I'm selling these. Tires are in OK shape. Would like $600 for the set, but I'd take $500 to get them out of my garage.
Those are hilarious. So weird looking on that truck.

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...

Cage posted:

Those are hilarious. So weird looking on that truck.

I know...one of the reasons I couldn't wait to get rid of them and put the stock rims back on (even if I did like sitting up a few inches higher). Plus I couldn't turn worth a drat with them rubbing on the frame like crazy. Nobody must want them, as I can't give the drat things away.

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003
BMW E30 Track Car For Sale

The car is built to Spec E30 specifications for the 2104 season and has a NASA logbook. Podium finishes

in the GL & MW regions. Email ashercat102 at gmail for more info

$8,000 without wheels and tires

$9,000 with wheels and tires

1991 BMW E30 318i chassis

185,000 miles on chassis, 1 season on engine

Engine:

155hp and 152tq

Engine fully rebuilt for 2015 season

Engine block 0.02” over-bored from Integrity Automotive in Chicago, IL

Fully blueprinted bottom end with new pistons and rings

Top end machined at Werner Machine in Mokena, IL with new valves, seals, cam, and HD rockers

IE engine oil pan baffle and crank scraper

Electric pusher fan, mechanical fan and bracket removed

318i radiator with integrated overflow tank

Condor SE30 solid bushing kit, power steering block off

SE30 suspension kit, new Bilstein and H&R for 2014

SE30 Exhaust

Fully SCCA and NASA compliant roll cage, professionally installed at EFAB in Lake Zurich, IL

Welded sunroof delete

New AFM in 2015

Suspension / drive gear

Z3 short shifter

All SE30 legal stuff (Bilstein Sports, H&R Race springs, Ireland Engineering front and rear sway bars)

Ground Control SE30 camber / caster plates

New wheel bearings all around for 2014

New front control arms and new front sway bar links in 2014

Rebuilt calipers and new rotors in winter 2015

Stainless lines

12 TR Motorsport wheels and 4 BMW OE 15” basket-weaves (kept in heated garage 10 RRs, 1 new set FT

RA1s)

Motorsport hardware studs and nuts

Interior / safety

Corbeau driver and passenger seat with driver back-brace

Passenger seat (easily removable or use as ballast holder)

Camlock 6 point harnesses (driver side new 2016)

G Force center net

Momo steering wheel

Spares:

Complete i head with extra HD and normal rocker arms

Extra transmission

OEM piston and rings

Some body extra body parts like fenders, trim, bumper, and hood

Components for brake ducting

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Selling a pair of Bilstein 24-065276 shocks. New and unused. Was going to put them on my old ranger but I bought ones for a 3" lift by mistake and then I lost the truck to rear end damage. Looking for 100$ shipped or best offer.

SA Mart Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765302

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hey just curious, anybody here interested in:

A 97 miata motor with 88k miles
A 91 Saab turbo 16V motor with 110k miles
An 03 Honda Civic D17A2 motor with under 40k miles (he couldn't remember exact mileage, it should be written on the motor somewhere)

My dad has them and is blowing them out cheap. I figure I'd give goons dibs before craigslist. We can ship but local pickup in the Portland OR area is preferred.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Anybody in SC area interested in a very solid and maintained 2000 Toyota Tundra?

V8
4wd
Leather, all power options, a/c and everything works
18x K miles

Timing belt/water pump has maybe 5k on it, Firestone a/t tires about 3k. All ball joints, shocks done last year. OEM on all parts, bilstein shocks. It's been a SC vehicle all its life, no frame corrosion whatsoever.

I'll probably put it on CL for $5500, goon price $4900.

Sold.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 1, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Friend is selling a 1979 F150 in the Knoxville area - http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5449616061.html
4x4, 351 and 5-speed

Price is fairly firm

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I'm selling my 2005 Scion xA in northern NJ: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767422

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
I'm trying to sell my 2005 Miata in southern California.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5485889517.html

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

rowebot44 posted:

I'm trying to sell my 2005 Miata in southern California.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5485889517.html

Isn't that like, $2K more than it should be for a car of that mileage?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seems about right for my area, and it would be rust covered here.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I have a car and a truck with no towing capacity and I want turn that into just a truck that can tow.

I have:
2000 Mustang GT, 5sp manual, 4.6 8cyl, 111k miles. Sunburst Gold Metallic
2000 Ranger, AT, 2.5 4cyl, long box, standard cab, 2WD, 125k miles. Arctic White

I want:
>2005 Ranger, V6, 4x4, <100k miles

I could sell them both and buy a truck. I could also trade them straight across and save both parties about $800 because Washington only collects use tax on cash transactions; not trades for items of equal value. Probably about $8000 combined value based on a glance at the local market. Interested in trade or purchase, one or both, PM me.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 19, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Guys, my dad wrecked his 2010 Jetta TDI. I want it. So one of my cars has to go:

1998 Jetta TDI with ALH Frankenmotor
$1,500— Dacula, Georgia
Well, my dad wrecked his 2010 Jetta TDI, which I want. So I gotta let my guy go.

Its a 1998 Jetta TDI, 301,000 miles on it. I put in a 2001 ALH motor combined with the AHU intake and turbocharger, which while lacking the VNT turbo, it still has plenty of get up and go. Had to add a lift pump for the 11mm IP, which is powered by the fuel cutoff switch.

Mods:
- ALH Block, Head, and Automatic 11mm IP
- Bosio Sprint 556 Injector nozzles
- ARP Headstuds

New:
- Front wheel bearings
- Piston rings
- VR6 clutch, throwout bearing, and pressure plate.
- Heater core
- Battery
- Ignition Switch. Starter is currently on an external covered switch from when the ignition switch was bad, but can be removed now. I just never bothered.
- Harmonic Balancer
- Ball joints.

Rebuilt:
- AC compressor, system blows ice cold

Bad:
- It needs new rear wheel bearing races, the car drives fine but the races are just no good.
- Muffler is starting to rust out.
- Paint looks like crap. Clear coat is flaking. But minimum of rust.
- No timing belt cover due to the condition the ALH was in when I recovered it from its donor car.

I'll get photos when I get home.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 24, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

I want turn that into just a truck that can tow.

I want:
>2005 Ranger, V6, 4x4, <100k miles

I think your two wants are totally different things. Those V6s are loving pigs. Suggest buying a real truck.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
OK translation: I want to consolidate my 2 pigs into one pig capable of pulling more than a hotdog cart.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

OK translation: I want to consolidate my 2 pigs into one pig capable of pulling more than a hotdog cart.

What are you planning to tow with it? I don't know the tow rating of that 3.0 or 4.0 V6 but they're slow as poo poo without anything behind them. I was merely suggesting getting a real truck that can actually tow things, since that's what you want to do. :shrug: The mileage on them isn't good either despite them having a smaller engine. Ultimately, buy what you want but there are way better options out there unless by "tow" you mean something that's like 1,000 lbs.

Edit: Ranger tow ratings: Not much unless you get the SUPERCAB (on a Ranger?) or the special snowflake models with exact box size and high rear end ratio.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/2005_Towing_Guide.pdf

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 23, 2016

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It needs to be able to tow an aluminum boat to the boat launch and then back up the hill to the house, and a pop-up tent trailer up over the mountains, up to about 3000lbs. I'd keep my 2.5 Ranger but it can do 1500lbs. Mostly though it's for daily driving and hauling bikes to the ORV park so I want something compact; 150s are out. I know what I want and need. Not shopping for a truck; looking for the right Ranger.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
You can tow a small boat or bikes with a 4.0 V6 ranger no problem. You don't need a goddamn v8 to tow a couple thousand pounds, jesus.

Also yes, Rangers came with a supercab with sideways jump seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Larrymer posted:

I think your two wants are totally different things. Those V6s are loving pigs. Suggest buying a real truck.

Are they? I've heard a lot of things about the early motors, but I thought those OHC ones were supposed to be pretty decent.