Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If you don't like any team with somebody as wonderful as Kyle Korver on it then you can gently caress right off buddy!

I'm a Bulls fan. He was mine before he was yours.

Kyle. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
IWC Community Leader

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
What's more likely, that the most respected wrestling journalist of the last 20+ years is now stooping to plagiarising an ex-TMZ writer, or that they both probably contacted similar sources and so came up with similar stories about one of the most important events of the last few years?

Or in other words, is it more likely that Meltzer is a conartist or that Rovert is a fuckwit?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gavok posted:

rovert is Marlo Stanfield. Dave is Proposition Joe.

Lance Storm comin yo!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dave Meltzer had a nanny growing up, so

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
who's shave sheltzer ever beat?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Imagine trying to explain any aspect of The Wire to Alvarez.

Like, just the concept of burner phones would keep him in awe for weeks.

"Vinny they've got these gimmick phones you won't believe it"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I suppose we're lucky Meltzer's a man so we only get Rovert's aspersions about his actual writing rather than his sexual history

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
hey remember when rovert said wwe was doing the young bucks vs the usos at the london takeover despite the bucks being booked that entire week?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I suppose we're lucky Meltzer's a man so we only get Rovert's aspersions about his actual writing rather than his sexual history

Norman Smiley does most of the writing at the Wrestling Observer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

a retard posted:

hey remember when rovert said wwe was doing the young bucks vs the usos at the london takeover despite the bucks being booked that entire week?

It's not polite to remember things, friendo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Let's leave that to Manflurry

https://twitter.com/Manflurry/status/608736512893677568

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My sources say this is all a work to build to a Meltzer/Rovert match at Mania

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

Imagine trying to explain any aspect of The Wire to Alvarez.

Like, just the concept of burner phones would keep him in awe for weeks.

"Vinny they've got these gimmick phones you won't believe it"

"And this is the best show ever?"

"No, The Shield and Cop Rock are better."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That DICK! posted:

Lance Storm comin yo!

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/687770409165443072

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Let's have Lance Storm shoot fight Rovert.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I loving hate Lance Storm.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Meltzer has used other people's reporting without crediting them before. It isn't a controversial statement. When called out he often corrects it the next issues but he still does it and frequently.

a retard posted:

Then Meltzer on his forum said WWE was interested in the Bucks and wanted them for Breaking Ground.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It must be so cool to have your worldview.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer has privately admitted his Wolves-NXT report was wrong. Expect him to say TNA came in with a last minute offer in the next podcast/issue.

I am right on this one.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hes not wrong about regularly poor attribution for sure

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Rovert should start a newsletter. Let the free market decide who is the champion of dirt.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rovert I'm gonna be knocking on your door later due to your rep in your area for your age

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Where would the world be without the benevolent citizen journalist, rovert?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Did you point out that Da Meltz's shoes were untied when he came to you privately, prostrated himself, and confessed that it was lies, all lies?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Remember when Rovert claimed some huge surprise for Bola, and when he was called out on being completely wrong he said it wasn't his fault and listed his source as some dude from twitter?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

booyaka booyaka

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

epitasis posted:

hes not wrong about regularly poor attribution for sure

Fine, and if he's right about it in this case too then so be it. Doesn't mean this isnt a kinda hilarious criticism coming from someone who regularly passes off other people's bullshit as scoops

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
cool tweets losers

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i like living in a world where everything anybody in the industry does on social media is a passive aggressive coded message

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The_Rob posted:

Remember when Rovert claimed some huge surprise for Bola, and when he was called out on being completely wrong he said it wasn't his fault and listed his source as some dude from twitter?

Remember it was a dream match that literally no PWG fan could possibly have considered a dream match.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
To be honest, Meltzer is such a lovely journalist—even when his facts are 100% right, his writing is terrible—that I'm quite happy to have my fingers crossed for rovert on this one, even if for no reason other than to seee Meltzer eat poo poo again.

It's really quite sad that Meltzer can be called the most respected and legitimate journalist for wrestling, when his reportage is several steps below the average Sun writer. Wrestling needs an equivalent of The Guardian, stat. There must surely be somebody out there who could combine the contacts of Dave Meltzer with some actual writing proficiency.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Fine, and if he's right about it in this case too then so be it. Doesn't mean this isnt a kinda hilarious criticism coming from someone who regularly passes off other people's bullshit as scoops

Give one example of this.

Also

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/687782922682777600

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is this a thing that happens in wrestling a lot? the inane ego stroking I mean

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Best.

The_Rob posted:

Remember when he made up legit backstage heat between Charlotte and Sasha when they were feuding and his source was "you can see it on their faces on TV"?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 15, 2016

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Ostentatious posted:

is this a thing that happens in wrestling a lot? the inane ego stroking I mean

Yeah its about 97% of wrestling. The other 3% is fanny packs

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oh is it en vogue to complain about dave's mma coverage again

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rovert just cannae take it that he'll never be a respected reporter like Big Dave Meltzer.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

oh is it en vogue to complain about dave's mma coverage again

some people are just never gonna get it never gonna get it, never gonna get it never gonna get it, never gonna get it never gonna get it, never gonna get it ah woah woah woaaaaaah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Are you getting on them for covering MMA, which has been a part of the Observer since the sport's inception?