Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Rovert just cannae take it that he'll never be a respected reporter like Big Dave Meltzer.

Now tell Trevor you will never love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Are you getting on them for covering MMA, which has been a part of the Observer since the sport's inception?

Nope just weight cutting talk doesn't have to be talked about at every opportunity for 20-35 minutes every podcast.

If it is noteworthy or topical cool. But often it is rolled out as filler content.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
fuckin hell rovert is insufferable

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Nope just weight cutting talk doesn't have to be talked about at every opportunity for 20-35 minutes every podcast.

If it is noteworthy or topical cool. But often it is rolled out as filler content.

A guy just died in OneFC from weight cutting and the process has frequently affected big fights for the UFC. It is a noteworthy part of the sport.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

it isnt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

A guy just died in OneFC from weight cutting and the process has frequently affected big fights for the UFC. It is a noteworthy part of the sport.

I agree.

ICHIBAHN posted:

fuckin hell rovert is insufferable

I agree.

But the Wolves aren't going to NXT.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meltzer already crushed someone this week for weight cutting snark what kind of masochist would line up for another owning
https://twitter.com/TJHawke411/status/687399531172999168
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/687401404097523712

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe Big David should cut some weight into the toilet if oyu know what I mean. Turds

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sticklefifer posted:

Best.

Remember when he made up legit backstage heat between Charlotte and Sasha when they were feuding and his source was "you can see it on their faces on TV"?

Yeah and he would post a tweet from Sasha that was as innocuous as it could get and he would be telling us that sasha is tearing down Charlotte big time.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Remember when rovert said Summer was legit mad at Rusev and Lana because of the veins on her neck when she cut a promo?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

count the laughs

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

rovert posted:

Give one example of this.

Several on the last 3 pages of this thread

pressedbunny posted:

To be honest, Meltzer is such a lovely journalist—even when his facts are 100% right, his writing is terrible—that I'm quite happy to have my fingers crossed for rovert on this one, even if for no reason other than to seee Meltzer eat poo poo again.

It's really quite sad that Meltzer can be called the most respected and legitimate journalist for wrestling, when his reportage is several steps below the average Sun writer. Wrestling needs an equivalent of The Guardian, stat. There must surely be somebody out there who could combine the contacts of Dave Meltzer with some actual writing proficiency.

I mean I'm not gonna stan for the guy, his prose is bad sometimes to the point of incomprehensible, and he's got a huge blindspot when it comes to his own biases, but his long form analysis is often great, and his historical retrospectives are fascinating, even if his multi part obituaries are left unfinished. Comparing that to the actual fabrication and/or hate speech in the Sun is way off.

And if you want an equivalent of the Guardian, Uproxx can provide your fill of badly thought out hypocritical middle class whining

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
dave's outright taken jae's writing from iheartdg so many times that unless he's actually reviewing a dragon gate show, i skip the entire section.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For record TomWaitsForNoMan offered no example of me doing this when requested

In the recent past I've accused of being overly defensive of Meltzer reporting.

keevo posted:

Remember when rovert said Summer was legit mad at Rusev and Lana because of the veins on her neck when she cut a promo?

https://twitter.com/RealSummerWWE/status/683132852469403648

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

dave's outright taken jae's writing from iheartdg so many times that unless he's actually reviewing a dragon gate show, i skip the entire section.

No you are wrong. I am lying.

Again the Wolves aren't going to NXT and never were.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 15, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

In the recent past I've accused of being overly defensive of Meltzer reporting.

https://twitter.com/RealSummerWWE/status/683132852469403648

Not you are wrong. I am lying.

lol She is steaming mad wow.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

Not you are wrong. I am lying.

um huh?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Charlotte is a talented and good wrestler

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The_Rob posted:

lol She is steaming mad wow.

No I am clearly wrong. Summer didn't write that promo and she wasn't legit mad. It was a standard WWE Creative promo.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

rovert posted:

gently caress you.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I wasn't aware. If that's the case, and it was done without permission, then there's no excuse for it and he should be held to account. Even with permission the attribution should be clear

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

And if you want an equivalent of the Guardian, Uproxx can provide your fill of badly thought out hypocritical middle class whining

"I'm Sorry, I know Dusty Rhodes was great. But I don't believe in American Dreams"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

it's a well known fact that Americans are incapable of dreaming

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
I heard if you say Sara Del Rey three times in the mirror, rovert appears and praises Norman Smiley.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

No I am clearly wrong. Summer didn't write that promo and she wasn't legit mad. It was a standard WWE Creative promo.

I can tell it wasn't a standard WWE promo because it actually sounded good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gavok posted:

rovert is Marlo Stanfield. Dave is Proposition Joe.

rovert is Ziggy Sobotka

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

I heard if you say Sara Del Rey three times in the mirror, rovert appears and praises Norman Smiley.

You only need to tweet it once though

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rovert posted:

Again the Wolves aren't going to NXT and never were.

Who loving cares?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I liked when rovert accused some female writer of causing a scene at a Chikara show and getting tossed out, to which Chikara called BS on.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Meltzer is a false God.

this is the name of the next song i write

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
people in the scoops biz take wrestling more seriously than the wrestlers themselves

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Meltzer has used other people's reporting without crediting them before. It isn't a controversial statement. When called out he often corrects it the next issues but he still does it and frequently.

Then Meltzer on his forum said WWE was interested in the Bucks and wanted them for Breaking Ground.

He gets paid a lot of money to dig dirt on fake fighting.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Wish "Big" Dave would post here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The_Rob posted:

Remember when Rovert claimed some huge surprise for Bola, and when he was called out on being completely wrong he said it wasn't his fault and listed his source as some dude from twitter?
Remember when he was trying to claim someone was spouting bullshit about Sammi Zayn that knew him personally or when he claimed someone was spouting bullshit about PWG that is a literal employee of PWG

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im avon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edit: why encourage more non tweet posts.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Also lol at using the Guardian as an example when The Guardian is famous for unreadable writing styles and basic spelling errors.

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/687813179326480384

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

I can't think of anything less I'd like to read more in this thread than a Rovert vs Big Dave discussion. I saw 100 new posts in this thread today thinking I'd see all kinds of Big E bombs, but instead I get like one picture of Sheamus and a guy who got fired for not beating his wife.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

pressedbunny posted:

Wrestling needs an equivalent of The Guardian, stat.

no it doesnt

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I thought people loved Rovert around these parts.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ON