Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mob posted:

At least no bloggers were there to tell you what you weren't allowed to cheer for or chant

Hot Tub Guy is a vlogger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

LobsterMobster posted:

Hot Tub Guy is a vlogger

oh so he's basically one of the boys in the back then

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mob posted:

He's got a ProWrestlingTees store and everything.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mob posted:

he's met the young bucks, after all

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
One of the debuts in the (first?) dark match I was expecting, the other was very surprising to me. I think they both looked good though, and I would be very interested to see how they use the second guy because he's not at all like any other character on the show.

Also Joey gets a much better reception in the temple than in Reseda. Guess most of this crowd wasn't watching PWG circa 2010.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 11, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grozz Nuy posted:

One of the debuts in the (first?) dark match I was expecting, the other was very surprising to me. I think they both looked good though, and I would be very interested to see how they use the second guy because he's not at all like any other character on the show.

Also Joey gets a much better reception in the temple than in Reseda. Guess most of this crowd wasn't watching PWG circa 2010.

Totally agree. The two dark match debuts were Flamita (finally), and Sami Callahan (aka Solomon Crowe when he was NXT). Sami actually fit surprisingly well, working a very hard hitting kick based offense. Remains to be seen if they actually end up using him, but I thought he came off pretty well. They could always figure out what to do with him later gimmick wise -- they changed gimmicks vastly for people they've picked up after they finished their dark match period. And yeah, Joey is really over in the Temple. I guess we love our sleaze.

They also acknowledged the Angelico injury, saying Angelico was being rushed to the hospital and that they were going to get to the bottom of what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if they shoot some sort of clip to work it as a storyline angle.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For those who have been following the spoilers about new personnel, here's something great you probably didn't think you'd ever see: Cage shaving Joey Ryan's back: https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/686400922813992961 also featuring Tessa Blanchard with her arm in a sling from last night but apparently in good spirits, Sami Callahan, Killshot, PJ Black

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Totally agree. The two dark match debuts were Flamita (finally), and Sami Callahan (aka Solomon Crowe when he was NXT). Sami actually fit surprisingly well, working a very hard hitting kick based offense. Remains to be seen if they actually end up using him, but I thought he came off pretty well. They could always figure out what to do with him later gimmick wise -- they changed gimmicks vastly for people they've picked up after they finished their dark match period. And yeah, Joey is really over in the Temple. I guess we love our sleaze.

They also acknowledged the Angelico injury, saying Angelico was being rushed to the hospital and that they were going to get to the bottom of what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if they shoot some sort of clip to work it as a storyline angle.

I have to believe that they'll put him under a gimmick if they do end up using him going forward. That was a really fun match, even as somebody who doesn't hate that guy I know his offense can be a little... sketchy sometimes, but he was on point in that match. I think I was one of the only people who knew who Flamita even was, but I guess that's not surprising considering where he's worked prior to this.

I thought tonight's tapings were significantly better as a live show than yesterday's, but who knows how it'll all look after editing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That first spoilered debut = :dance:

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, that particular one is great news.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dark match debut spoiler: Tessa Blanchard wrestled a dark match against Ivelisse. Unfortunately Tessa hurt what looked like her shoulder, seemingly pretty badly, on like the first drat move of the match and while they did what they could with it, she didn't really get a chance to show her stuff. At the very least, Tessa deserves credit for gutting out a several minute match and not just calling for it to go home, there were times where I could see both Ivelisse and the ref repeatedly asking her "Are you okay?" and they were struggling hard to find a way to work through it. She was clearly in a LOT of pain. She also waved the ref off after the match when he tried to throw up the X and went to the back on her own. Ivelisse got the win but held up Tessa's hand afterward.

For those that don't know why this might be a big deal, Tessa is Ricochet's girlfriend and if they were to sign her for Season 3 and beyond, it could provide further incentive for him to stay with the company after his contract runs. Not that it's the only reason, from what I've heard Tessa is pretty good, but I'm sure that is factoring in as well. Hopefully she's not hurt too bad and gets a chance to do some more matches.

~social media drama~

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

~social media drama~

Dumb. Passive aggressively tweeting about poo poo is the worst way to handle things, these two should be smarter. As I said in the spoilers, from where I was sitting it seemed like Ivelisse checked several times and she was, like, visibly concerned and trying her hardest to carry the match. So while I don't know whatever may have happened backstage, I wouldn't have put anything negative on Ivelisse for the in-ring portion. Wouldn't be surprised for Ricochet to be a little overprotective and that's understandable, but Twitter is a poo poo way to address things.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rico should know better than start crap like this but wrestlers like to do stupid things

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I suppose that's why they are wrestlers in the first place

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I kind of get where Ricochet is coming from because that was obviously a big opportunity for his girlfriend's career so it's not surprising he'd be upset, but he should know better than to go about it that way.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

doin a great job Bully Raycochet

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mob posted:

doin a great job Bully Raycochet

to cap off SOCIAL MEDIA DRAMA MONDAY

most of which was subsequently deleted and Ivelisse then posted

Dario Cueto gonna have to institute some social media classes in between all the bloodshed.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dario Cueto gonna have to institute some social media classes in between all the bloodshed.

As long as this results in Matanza getting his own twitter it'll all have been worth it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RZApublican posted:

As long as this results in Matanza getting his own twitter it'll all have been worth it.

As long as he isn't posting photos of his meals on Instagram.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gavok posted:

As long as he isn't posting photos of his meals on Instagram.

As long as he cooks his meals and isn't just shilling premade chicken breasts and energy drinks

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I do like Ricochet's whole "I didn't bring it up on social media, I just brought up a theoretical situation that by coincidence happened to exactly match one that had just occurred" line of defense.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Mob posted:

As long as he cooks his meals and isn't just shilling premade chicken breasts and energy drinks

uh, I don't think he's much of a foodie to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiQvMIhH-g

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://luchalibreaaa.com/paper-toys.html

arts and crafts time!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

They are adorable. I should cut out all the LU ones and bring them to the next taping.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 13, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How did they capture Jack Evans' douchebag smirk so accurately

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/660...free-agent-more

A nice little half hour audio interview with Chavo (for those who don't know, he's one of the producers as well as being in the show). Nothing super groundbreaking but he has some cool things to say and is obviously very excited about Season 2 and the promotion in general.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Reminder that five more hours of reruns are going now on El Rey.

Fubo.tv remains solid as gently caress

Pretty hype little Season 2 trailer that aired on El Rey tonight: https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/687481454515765249

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 14, 2016

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Who do i contact in order to update my party size? I tried emailing the luchca ticket email addy but just got auto response. Any hep would be appreciated?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

StarkRavingMad posted:

Pretty hype little Season 2 trailer that aired on El Rey tonight:

I really hope that PJ Black is an actual werewolf, in keeping with Lucha Underground's 'sure, why not?' streak.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Everyone blames Matanza for the grisly murders of a bunch of jobbers, until Dario Cueto using a new detective gimmick puts together that all of them happened on full moons.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Might want to add this to the OP. Striker doing an 8 and a half minute recap of season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0TDGScqBU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gavok posted:

Might want to add this to the OP. Striker doing an 8 and a half minute recap of season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0TDGScqBU

Thanks! I was just coming here to post about that. It's a little scattershot and glosses over a few things here and there, but it is at least a good introduction to the characters for those who missed Season 1. Added it to the OP under the "How do I get caught up" section.

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

Who do i contact in order to update my party size? I tried emailing the luchca ticket email addy but just got auto response. Any hep would be appreciated?

I'd usually go via the luchaticket email address, but if you're not getting a response there, I've seen luchaunderground@elreynetwork.com mentioned for reservation related issues.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 15, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright, I took the plunge with Fubo for Season 2. I'm also a soccer nerd who really wants to follow the Portuguese and Brazilian leagues, so this seems like a win-win for me.

Also, El Rey has so much awesome grindhouse stuff I'll get my money's worth even without LU.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Alright, I took the plunge with Fubo for Season 2. I'm also a soccer nerd who really wants to follow the Portuguese and Brazilian leagues, so this seems like a win-win for me.

Also, El Rey has so much awesome grindhouse stuff I'll get my money's worth even without LU.

I've said it in here a couple times but I've been very impressed by Fubo's quality. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sling but it's a very consistent high-quality stream.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've said it in here a couple times but I've been very impressed by Fubo's quality. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sling but it's a very consistent high-quality stream.

Yeah, I did one of their free trials a year ago to watch some random soccer cup I already forgot about, and the video quality was solid. This is a good, legit site.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
How the gently caress can I not buy S1 on Amazon or something!? I was ready to drop at least $50 on it no problem for a long series of flights but there's NOTHING and they're only airing the latter half of episodes from what I can tell. I know I can get it through less clean means but come on this should be obvious.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Golashes posted:

How the gently caress can I not buy S1 on Amazon or something!? I was ready to drop at least $50 on it no problem for a long series of flights but there's NOTHING and they're only airing the latter half of episodes from what I can tell. I know I can get it through less clean means but come on this should be obvious.

They didn't want to negotiate stuff like streaming services and DVDs/BluRays until they got long-term existence confirmed, and season 2 and 3 weren't official until a month or two ago. It's going to happen eventually, it was just #3 on the priority list at best

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

They didn't want to negotiate stuff like streaming services and DVDs/BluRays until they got long-term existence confirmed, and season 2 and 3 weren't official until a month or two ago. It's going to happen eventually, it was just #3 on the priority list at best

Fair enough. Whatever, I've got the marathon recording on DVR so I can finally watch the second half and know my heart won't be broken.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Weren't there rumors that a streaming/VOD deal of some kind was one of the additional sources of funding that took them from 'unsure if the series would get renewed at all' to 'greenlighting seasons 2 and 3 at the same time'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A lot of episodes got yanked from YouTube/Daily Motion in a short span without notice, which led people to believe that some kind of VOD deal was in the works, but I've heard nothing since then.

• Locked thread