Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Please keep posting about pizza I will use this information to vote strategically to get rid of weird units who hate pineapple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Infinitum posted:

Covering for a scumbro.

It's OK Bif. I get it. You led an awesome game as mod for Jojo and got rewarded with scum in this one.

No no.

It's cool.

Genuinely helping you out here. Bif, like Gaspy is useful town and often kinda obvious or clumsy scum. Keep them in mind, but my self rule of never even looking at Bif day one usually does well by me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Olives on Pizza are below average and ruin the consistency of the overall flavour.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Tirade posted:

Shoutout to TOML and Small Keats for the custom character images in the OP, just noticed them when checking whip rules.

*goes and checks*

n o i c e

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

Olives on Pizza are below average and ruin the consistency of the overall flavour.

THE CORRECT OPINION

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

THE CORRECT OPINION

I'm Mario, of course it is.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

##vote anidav

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Current whip-o-meter:

TOML : 30 posts (-20 that don't count)
SK: 3 posts
votefinder: 3 posts

= 16 posts to survive your lashings

Zets has only 7 posts but if he's around and posting now, he could rise out quickly
bowmore and Mith are in the danger zone

The threat might not be as overblown as you think. If we didn't have the whip mechanic, I'd be advocating for lynching one of these lurkers anyway.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

##vote anidav

Olive lover spotted.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Now I'm back in the glorious rainy homeland of Sydney and on a wonderfully dank train in the city I feel comfortable enough to say that the best pizza is a Galaxy pizza at Zia Pina Botany (every ingredient they have with a fried egg in the middle).

Although the correct move is to get extra chilli and pick off the pineapple.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

eh, i don't actually care either way

##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Current whip-o-meter:

TOML : 30 posts (-20 that don't count)
SK: 3 posts
votefinder: 3 posts

= 16 posts to survive your lashings

Zets has only 7 posts but if he's around and posting now, he could rise out quickly
bowmore and Mith are in the danger zone

The threat might not be as overblown as you think. If we didn't have the whip mechanic, I'd be advocating for lynching one of these lurkers anyway.

Yeah same, I've come around on it. They've got plenty of time to show up and shitpost, and if not I'd be voting for one of them as well.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And I'm coming around to the whip mechanic, since it's annoying as anything when a scum sneaks through by not posting for most of the game (:argh: hiip)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Do we really want to kill multiple people simply because they might have had a busy day at work or whatever? Do a whip on the weekend perhaps, but not Day 1.

Exactly!

Why feed scum 2-3 town D1/N1 if you can avoid it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Weird synchronicity, there.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SKY COQ posted:

Please keep posting about pizza I will use this information to vote strategically to get rid of weird units who hate pineapple

Better vote for me then bruv

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

I don't like his role.

Neither do I, it's barely a step up from being vanilla. But why make something bizarre like that up when you could claim vanilla or pick something from the mafia wiki that's hard to verify?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

SKY COQ posted:

coq is town

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

For an alternate perspective we could have a scum team of naturally high posters who will lean on the whip mechanic to make the earlier nightphases more effective.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I will say; weird cagey content that makes me seriously doubt a fellow Diamond Dog is still content.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
also do our pre day one posts count for purposes of not getting whipped

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Infinitum posted:

Exactly!

Why feed scum 2-3 town D1/N1 if you can avoid it.

because at least one of them is clearly going to flip scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

Genuinely helping you out here. Bif, like Gaspy is useful town and often kinda obvious or clumsy scum. Keep them in mind, but my self rule of never even looking at Bif day one usually does well by me.

Yeah I'm gonna reign it in now. Chill out, watch some shows.

- I've made my case. The case is Birdstrike.
- If you are town you must avoid being the 12th person to whip.
- If you're the 12th person to whip, you're scum.

##vote birdstrike
I'll come back and help secure the lynch if it's swinging towards someone else.

Bowmore and Mith have yet to rock up.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have no idea how to calculate if I'm safe or not because of the pre day 1 poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seagull posted:

also do our pre day one posts count for purposes of not getting whipped

No.

The same way TOML's pre-D1 posts don't count.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

For an alternate perspective we could have a scum team of naturally high posters who will lean on the whip mechanic to make the earlier nightphases more effective.

Really simple solution is for those below the threshold to show up and play. Nothing stopping either of them from posting about their pizza habits to get them above the threshold.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can we get a CURRENTLY NOT SAFE shitlist to make it easier to calculate the potential collateral damage

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So do you think hammer is always scum as well infinitum? Or is this a whip specific thing you've decided on?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I picked bird for him trying to case me for trying to get more content.

And then continuing with the argument.

And then I don't believe his role is real.

Not because I've never heard of it.

I just don't believe he is.

Votes staying.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Phone posting so can't check post counts, ha ha

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

Can we get a CURRENTLY NOT SAFE shitlist to make it easier to calculate the potential collateral damage

Seconded. I'm borderline OK with whipping but I'd like to get an idea what the casualty list will be like, and on my phone that's hard to check.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Phone posting so can't check post counts, ha ha

That's what I said!

Wait

Is there a way to check post counts on the android app?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

Also I picked bird for him trying to case me for trying to get more content.

And then continuing with the argument.

And then I don't believe his role is real.

Not because I've never heard of it.

I just don't believe he is.

Votes staying.

What part about his role don't you believe exactly?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

this is a good point

No it's not.

People posting things let's me start poking them.

The usual white noise day 1 poo poo isn't good for that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So do you think hammer is always scum as well infinitum? Or is this a whip specific thing you've decided on?

Just for the whip.

lynching is lynching.
D1 whipping appears to merely work more in scums favour than it does towns.

Which is why I made such a huge deal about it.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
I think as long as Zets continues to poo poo post, i think it's only Bowmore and Mith who are on the chopping block.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
TOML (30) + SK (3) + Votefinder (3) - 20 of TOML's day 0 posts = 16.

Currently on the whipping list:
Zets (10)
Bowmore (6)
Mith (2)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tirade posted:

TOML (30) + SK (3) + Votefinder (3) - 20 of TOML's day 0 posts = 16.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

It could end up being a quick game, but efficient. If we complete the whip list (lurky scum), turbo lynch the last voter (because according to inf, they must be scum) then lynch the first whipper (strike). If either is town, we can lynch inf. In 3 days that would most likely leave us with only one or two scum left, right? It's brutal but it would also be efficient. Unless I'm missing something?
Likely, I realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How does Beet have more posts than me..

• Locked thread