Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TTerrible posted:

It looks like Bitcoin is imploding. The whales are restless in the brown sea.

I hope Seraph is ok.

I haven't followed Bitcoin hilarity since like 2013. Whats going on now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The eyes on that fish look like a missing/default texture. They're probably not, but it doesn't look great.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

Thanks to the RSI forums, I found a video of someone assaulting a vending machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLjwx8eR5Y

Didn't know what to expect but certainly not that. Lol.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Soarer posted:

At least they aren't jpegs

More material than Star Citizen.JPEGees.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

why does it say presented like that. can a star citizen lore expert please explain the subtle political situation behind this fish presentation

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Remember the uncomfortable wooden speaker chair?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6241893/#Comment_6241893

How to think like a Grand Admiral ($2500)

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/293741/working-as-an-informant-for-the-advocacy

Please don't be selfish with CIG's server resources

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6241587/#Comment_6241587

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

We are aware that the elevator UI frequently provides a false-positive “server full” error message when attempting to join an instance. We are investigating the cause of these errors. The doors inside of ArcCorp and Million Mile High Club will occasionally break. As this includes the elevator doors, it can trap occupants inside.

the elevator wins.

Elevator Citizen

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

DigitalMocking posted:

Everyone who has been denied a refund should go here:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt&panel1-1

I'm filing an FTC complaint, how's this sound for the comments:

"Cloud Imperium Games has taken over $105 Million in sales, selling game content ranging from $35 to $15,000.
Over 90% of the content they sold have not been delivered after 3 years of development.
When I tried to get a refund they said nope and now I need your help."

edit: make it simpler so a gov drone will actually want to help

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Imagine WB putting out famed careening train wreck Arkham Knight, and in the first patch notes one of the prime ticket items is a new bobblehead for the Batmobile, and promises of a new limited edition Batjet DLC.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

fuctifino posted:

Didn't Sandi have that weird love-in video chat with French SC whales fairly recently? I'm pretty certain she said some quite outlandish things in that broadcast...

I'd love to see their reactions to the article.

e: I found the video. It was the one where Sandi tried (and failed) to speak fluent French. http://starcitizen.jeuxonline.info/actualite/49291/interview-sandi-gardiner-ben-lesnick-jeuxonline

It is very possible that he set up this article, and its actually positive. While that is hard to believe from the cover, until anyone can read it, its still unknown.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Wulfling posted:

Screw both of you and your happiness. :argh:

To be fair, we nauseate the poo poo out of people in person as well, which is probably far worse.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

duck monster posted:

Stealing their ships before they can finish, is probably the best way to extract maximum nerd rage.

Yeah, but I feel like that's probably more effort than this game deserves.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, but I feel like that's probably more effort than this game deserves.

So just put exactly as much effort into playing it as they are into making it. You'll play forever.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Truthfully, I see the IG (pretty much my favorites, BTW) as pretty much the baseline of WH40K troops. Not particularly awesome, but no real particular weaknesses (other than basic squishyness). Da Orkz be reality-bendin' melee monSTAZ! Tau are most excellent at range. Chaos is just hosed in the head and has magicalness. (Yer a wizard, Harry! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! <chomp> ). And so on.

Humanity is basically locked in place, desperately paddling just to stay afloat. Hell, you can't even travel safely from place to place in space, as you are just hoping the Techpriests did their catechisms right and the Geller fields don't fail in the warp and the whole crew ends up dead, cannibalistic insane, fused into a giant lumpy mass of flesh, possibly all of the above... Or worse.

Oh definitely, they're the baseline, but within the imperium they're usually elite. A unit of 'average' humans would likely be far worse. In the tabletop a guardsman has a maybe 1 in 20 chance to kill a centuries old space marine with his lasgun. Could be worse :P.

There are definitely elite and less elite units, and it's pretty possible (or at least it used to be) to use the rules to make a guard army where the individual soldiers are as well trained and well equipped as space marines.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Whale (in-fighting) watching

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6241402/#Comment_6241402

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6241949/#Comment_6241949

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6243338/#Comment_6243338

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thanks to the Chinese stock market making GBS threads itself, a bunch of it's citizens have been panic buying Bitcoins and driven up it's price.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

It's going to be awesome seeing what happens when they decide to get their money out, and start panic selling the things.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

iron buns posted:

Elevator Citizen

This is my favourite developing storyline from all the hilarity and bullshit that has been Star Citizen. The Elevators are becoming a cruel entity that is entirely out of the control of the devs and seeks to punish the alpha testers.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

:corsair:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Convince me how cash shop is ok

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6241232/#Comment_6241232

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6242806/#Comment_6242806

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6243284/#Comment_6243284

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

fuzzknot posted:

To be fair, we nauseate the poo poo out of people in person as well, which is probably far worse.

No, its not that, just bitter loneliness an being soured by an abusive ex. If anything I'm envious of you two.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

D_Smart posted:

So basically they're saying that the emails aren't credible. And if they're not credible, they're saying you're lying about them.

All emails aren't credible. If anybody sends you an email, tell them to send a notarized telegram instead. Emails are for liars.

Seriously though. Why did INN report on a story based on a non-credible source and then say there's no way to credit the source?

"This just in: some guy said the sky is falling. Unfortunately some guy isn't a credible source. In other news: how awesome is Star Citizen? So awesome."

IDGI

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Wulfling posted:

No, its not that, just bitter loneliness an being soured by an abusive ex. If anything I'm envious of you two.

oh hello chris roberts 1 year from now

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I still can't believe there is a significant number of deluded crazies that think this game is going to be running for ten years. The crash as they hit reality is going to be incredible :(

EDIT: They must have been out of gaming as long as CR has to not see all of the warning signs everyone sane has been able to see for a year or more. I guess they've bought into the narrative that Goons are evil Maleficent type characters that are out to ruin and despoil every online game. Nothing we say is real because we're GOONS and that is the kind of thing GOONS SAY.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 15, 2016

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Star Citizen: Fish and Birds

e: Chris, can I put birds in my fishtank? Will they eat the fish? This is important for my immersion.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

There are currently better games on Kongregate than SC is now. That is all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the $250 vanguard is now flyable but wasn't in the patch notes for some reason.

What the hell are those hydraulic arms on the rear end of this thing?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TTerrible posted:

It looks like Bitcoin is imploding. The whales are restless in the brown sea.

I hope Seraph is ok.

Between this thread and the bitcoin thread, this has been one of the best days on the internet.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bitcoin has kind of fallen into a civil war, with some core devs wanting to make the blocksize bigger and others (all conveniently employed by a company who wants to fix bitcoin) refusing to increase things. Now one of the core devs has declared Bitcoin to be a failed experiment and sold his coins.

There's also the usual stuff, like another one of their services just recently announced that they had gotten themselves backdoored by a trojan and lost a ton of coins.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Why does a space fighter need variable geometry wings :psyduck:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

HookedOnChthonics posted:

When you hit atmo' in the 'verse citizen o7

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mike Tyson is endorsing Bitcoin ATM's.

http://miketysonbitcoin.com/

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

kinkouin posted:

Mike Tyson is endorsing Bitcoin ATM's.

http://miketysonbitcoin.com/

:eyepop: sweet jesus, what a time to be alive

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I am the checkerboard placeholder texture

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So how has the church explained away people not able to get refunds anymore?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SerCypher posted:

Oh definitely, they're the baseline, but within the imperium they're usually elite. A unit of 'average' humans would likely be far worse. In the tabletop a guardsman has a maybe 1 in 20 chance to kill a centuries old space marine with his lasgun. Could be worse :P.

There are definitely elite and less elite units, and it's pretty possible (or at least it used to be) to use the rules to make a guard army where the individual soldiers are as well trained and well equipped as space marines.

You keep saying "well trained." You keep using that phtase. I do not think it means what you think it means. I have read the Uplifting Primer.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Why does a space fighter need multibarreled guns? Is heat dissipation a thing in space?
Mounted at the topmost part of the ship thats most likely to get in the way at landing, taking off, storage, passing by, whatever you do that involves this "ship"
Which look like glued on by someone who didnt read and/or understand the manual?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

You keep saying "well trained." You keep using that phtase. I do not think it means what you think it means. I have read the Uplifting Primer.

The greatest piece of literature ever to be published by anything GW-related.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jst0rm posted:

So how has the church explained away people not able to get refunds anymore?

The game is 99% complete so we don't deserve refunds now. CIG have delivered above and beyond what they set out to achieve from the kickstarter.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wulfling posted:

I played the poo poo out of TC:AP, and loved it, until I started trying to get into an M7 sized ship. The fuckery I had to go through to get weapons for it, and the tendency for turrets to clip friendlies in big fire fights, thereby pissing off everyone, really killed the later parts of the game for me. Never finished the campaigns because of poo poo like that.

I never really got very far because my favourite start gives you almost no money and a ship without weapons. The literally only way to make some starting money I found was selling my shield, getting duplex scanners to see for poo poo and making a long, long treck across the map to find things to loot and sell.

The game does really stupid poo poo when you start like this, like demanding to shoot something in you tutorial when you have no weapon and no money to buy one. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

I never really got very far because my favourite start gives you almost no money and a ship without weapons. The literally only way to make some starting money I found was selling my shield, getting duplex scanners to see for poo poo and making a long, long treck across the map to find things to loot and sell.

The game does really stupid poo poo when you start like this, like demanding to shoot something in you tutorial when you have no weapon and no money to buy one. :mad:

I just remembered that X3TC has a space cult that you can help build a space temple and poo poo and it's a really weird plot line that's completely hidden and optional.

drat that game was fun. Only time I ever cried bullshit was when I had to capture one of the bad alien heavy ships. Literally tried for hours waiting at the jump gate near their space and failed numerous times. Then I said gently caress it and spawned one in.

I loved the atmosphere in that game. Going into bad alien territory was frightening and going into pirate space was tense cause any NPC could gently caress your poo poo up at any time.

• Locked thread