Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

limited posted:

The top of their list currently is Assassin's Creed Chronicles. I can imagine even the folks at the ESRB are probably rolling their eyes like slot machines and wishing Ubisoft would just stop already. Or wish they could have some fun with it - :what: 'Rating delayed, game crashed every time we tried to start it.'

The ESRB doesn't actually play any games as far as I am aware. They just get footage of the offensive parts sent to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izno
Sep 10, 2010

Storm One posted:

Bikes are the best, doubly so when they only move in reverse. The plunge into the pit at 12:30 :allears:

I tried to drive forward but I found it much more reliable in reverse

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Mission Pack 1: Time of the Mutants - $9.99

Izno
Sep 10, 2010

Sweeeet. Do you know what is all involved in this DLC? Also am I correct in assuming that the DLC packs are already all released in japan and that they are just going to slowly feed them out to us here?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Izno posted:

Sweeeet. Do you know what is all involved in this DLC? Also am I correct in assuming that the DLC packs are already all released in japan and that they are just going to slowly feed them out to us here?

It's an assload of bugs, and you shoot them.

Bugs may be mean and/or green

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Izno posted:

Sweeeet. Do you know what is all involved in this DLC?

If it's a direct copy of EDF4's DLC, then chief amongst them is 'the best armor farming in the game'.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I love how ridiculous the green ant missions are. Time to grind for every weapon in the game thanks to mission 21.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Have some screenshots of just a few of the crazy things in the DLC

http://imgur.com/a/FySP5

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm still pretty new to PSN so how do I play online with goons? I'm not too far in this game single player wise but I want to play online because it looks like a lot of fun.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
this dlc is good there are a lot of red dots and national tragedies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwrhB3so9vM

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dragons Did 9/11

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

The ESRB doesn't actually play any games as far as I am aware. They just get footage of the offensive parts sent to them.

Correct, I have a sealed copy of the Psychonauts DVD that got sent to the ESRB.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Light Gun Man posted:

Dragons Did 9/11

Thunder Bows can't melt steel beams.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
So I'm trying to play 4.1 with my buddies but whenever we host a room we join and the host can see both people, but the other two players can't see each other (only the host). It does this regardless of who hosts.

Anyone experienced this or know what's going on?

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

Cowman posted:

I'm still pretty new to PSN so how do I play online with goons? I'm not too far in this game single player wise but I want to play online because it looks like a lot of fun.

The GDF Deploys is the official goon group. Sometimes we form party chats but lately we're satisfied to just spam quick text at each other in game. If you friend d43m0n_au_ (the group creator) he'll probably let you in the group.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Yeah shoot me a friend request. I'm checking out the DLC later on to see if it will work with my overseas account so will probably spam some invites out.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

SamuraiPaul posted:

The GDF Deploys is the official goon group. Sometimes we form party chats but lately we're satisfied to just spam quick text at each other in game. If you friend d43m0n_au_ (the group creator) he'll probably let you in the group.

Alright I'll add him and probably be on later tonight. I haven't played this much yet but I'd be down for some online as long as people don't mind carrying me. I played the hell out of 2017 and a good amount of 2025 so I'm not horrible at least :shobon:

Edit: Added him. I'm CowmanIII on PSN and like I said I'll try and play some tonight. Gotta get some stuff done first.

Edit 2: Main reason I haven't played much is because I played 2017 with a buddy of mine and co-op was so much fun. We 100%ed it on his and I believe my 360. We really enjoyed it

Cowman fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 14, 2016

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Is the new DLC only Very Hard and Inferno difficulty? I'm playing through normal first, and might steer away from it for now of that's the case.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

I'm checking out the DLC later on to see if it will work with my overseas account
It does, just like the main game.

Kragger99 posted:

Is the new DLC only Very Hard and Inferno difficulty?
No, it has all 5 difficulties.

Weapon farming question: whatever happened to mission 92 (the gold ant UFO method)?

Missions 27 and 81 are still as much a hotbed as they were in the JP edition but I don't ever see people doing 92 anymore. Has it been changed for the NA version or something?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

alright I'm gonna pick up the mission pack today and I was wondering if any of the other paid DLC is worth picking up. Since I'm getting the mission pack I may as well pick up others if they're good.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Cowman posted:

alright I'm gonna pick up the mission pack today and I was wondering if any of the other paid DLC is worth picking up. Since I'm getting the mission pack I may as well pick up others if they're good.

anime tank is essential

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Are weapons shared across character classes? I started with the regular soldier but I think wing diver looks like a lot of fun once you have some armor.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

Are weapons shared across character classes? I started with the regular soldier but I think wing diver looks like a lot of fun once you have some armor.

nope, every class has different weapons and you can only collect them while playing as that class. armor isn't shared either.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

lets hang out posted:

nope, every class has different weapons and you can only collect them while playing as that class. armor isn't shared either.

So do all your offline farming in co-op mode, so you can either get double the armor or two different types of weapons.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

If you're talking about online mode, it doesn't matter what player and which class picks up the weapon and armour boxes, in the end all players get the same amount of weapons and armour for the class they're playing as regardless of which player/class collected the respective item.
So if you're playing as Ranger and your Wing Diver teammate is swooping everything up, in the end you'll get Ranger weapons and they get WD weapons, and both are credited the total amount of armour boxes (which do not translate into armour points equally for all classes).

Offline mode is different, see above.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
So how are the new missions, guys? New maps? I saw green ants but are their any other new enemies?

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Does anyone have the URL for that japanese wiki that listed all of the weapons and such? I remember seeing it... somewhere

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

So how are the new missions, guys? New maps? I saw green ants but are their any other new enemies?

Two kinds of green ants, gold ants, silver spiders, purple/red Retiarius, gold queens, probably some other things I'm forgetting. There are also new configurations of Hectors, like having a shield on both hands.

Izno posted:

Does anyone have the URL for that japanese wiki that listed all of the weapons and such? I remember seeing it... somewhere

http://www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Light Gun Man posted:

Two kinds of green ants, gold ants, silver spiders, purple/red Retiarius, gold queens, probably some other things I'm forgetting. There are also new configurations of Hectors, like having a shield on both hands.

http://www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/

the air raider gets a weapon called The Rule of God :stare:

no genocide gun :(

Cowman fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 16, 2016

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
The Rule of God is in fact the genocide gun.

Where in that wiki are you reading that? I can't find any option to set the text to English.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
Those green ants are insane, the game drops to like 5 fps when I use my blasthole spear on a group of them. I'm playing all the DLC missions on my fencer first, but I'm wondering how are you supposed to survive them as a ranger or air raider? Just keep shooting and hope they don't get near? I was playing with a random and I had to pretty much solo the green ant missions by boost canceling, and even then they were right on me the whole time

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
DLC Pack 1 Mission Golden Darkness seriously rules for getting your weapons list filled out, drat.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It was my go to on 2025. It loving sucks that when you need the last few weapons on a class it will never drop.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Storm One posted:

The Rule of God is in fact the genocide gun.

Where in that wiki are you reading that? I can't find any option to set the text to English.

Chrome auto-translated it.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Who wants to EDF with DoctorCatHaver? I'm looking to go through as much of Hardest as I can manage.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So what exactly are the controls for the Balaam? I've found out that R1-R1-L1-R1 does an uppercut combo, and L3 looks like some kind of taunt. I know there's a stomp for dealing with bugs too, but I can't figure out how to do that. Are there any other moves that I'm missing too?

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Actually you already have the controls down. The taunt sometimes gets you up faster when you get knocked down, so just jam on that L3 forever so you can get up again. Alternating L1 and R1 lets you punch forever, which you probably already know. As far as a stomp, I think it might just be passive trample damage? Not sure. Dealing with bugs on the ground is far better done by just looking down and punching at them.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

liquidypoo posted:

Actually you already have the controls down. The taunt sometimes gets you up faster when you get knocked down, so just jam on that L3 forever so you can get up again. Alternating L1 and R1 lets you punch forever, which you probably already know. As far as a stomp, I think it might just be passive trample damage? Not sure. Dealing with bugs on the ground is far better done by just looking down and punching at them.

L2 or R2, for Left Foot or Right Foot respectively! :eng101: But looking down and punching in better... :eng99:
Also, the L3-thingy requires good timing to succeed at a knock-down recovery. Press it right before/as you hit the ground.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've had the recovery activate while mid fall sometimes. I just mash L3 until it decides to activate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Seiren posted:

L2 or R2, for Left Foot or Right Foot respectively! :eng101: But looking down and punching in better... :eng99:
Also, the L3-thingy requires good timing to succeed at a knock-down recovery. Press it right before/as you hit the ground.

Have you seen what you look like when you're punching ants at your feet? :colbert:

It's better.