Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Hmm somebody just asked on Technic if BFSR has a resource pack. I never really put any thought into that. I really never even used a resource pack myself for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
Is there a good single-purpose 1.7.10 mod that adds a crafting table w/ an inventory, preferably a sided inventory that can be piped into?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Goncyn posted:

Is there a good single-purpose 1.7.10 mod that adds a crafting table w/ an inventory, preferably a sided inventory that can be piped into?

XACT crafting

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

lolmer posted:

There's Sampler (linked in the FastCraft section under "Extra tweaks/tips, Sampler 1.58") which works best when both the client and server have the mod. Similar to Opis, but not as good.

Did you use the MobiusCore-1.2.5-KC3.jar that StealthArcher posted in your Disasterpiece Theater thread? I've used an older Opis/MobiusCore on the Modderation: Permabanned/FYAD servers and while I eventually time out when using Opis, I can get some data out of it. It works best when you have a less latent and faster connection (e.g. LAN instead of WAN) to the server.

For server maps, I believe almost everyone uses Dynmap for Forge. I have it directly host the servers from the Minecraft server itself, but you can also use nginx/apache/whatever to host the files elsewhere as long as you can sync the web data.

EDIT: Also CoFH has commands that can help track down issues, such as cofh tps to see what dimensions (say if you're using Mystcraft or RFTools) are using up the most ticks.

I have some notes I posted for Modderation (and NST before that) which can help your server and your players, if you want. The Java flags seem to help my clients and servers, but I never did gather any formal metrics to prove it. ;) Don't give your Java instance (server or client) too much memory as then Java's Garbage Collection (GC) just has more work to do, more often, which causes latency spikes. More memory on your server itself is good for file caching. Having drives with fast write IOP/s is good, especially when generating chunks; Minecraft loves to write data. Often.

I did in fact use that very version of MobiusCore, but it crashed the server before it could even generate a report every time. This is why I can't post logs, unless you know of a different way to get them. I'll check out Sampler and Dynmap this weekend and see how they work out. We host the server through Akliz, so I'm not sure how to add the java args to the that, but I can definitely give people directions on how to add them to their client.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005

Taffer posted:

XACT crafting

this seems to be ye olde and never updated to Minecraft 1.7?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Goncyn posted:

TCON has the stumpy crafting station that is good as it links to the chest next to it for inventory

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Goncyn posted:

Someone forked it and maintains an updated version for 1.7

https://github.com/UniversalLP/XACT/releases

It takes a lot of the pain out of crafting and allows semi-automated crafting at a pretty early stage in the game, which is really nice. Also simplifies repeated crafting of sub components i.e. AE cells or TE servos.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Goncyn posted:

An alternative: Steve's Workshop allows you to autocraft, consolidate up to four tables/furnaces with their own independent inventories, and upgrade your worktable in various ways. I've just messed around with it a little, but it's handy and single-purpose.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 15, 2016

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
When using NEI on a server that has Mekanism, is there a way to make it stop showing the thousand (exaggeration) different possible things you can stick in Mekanism portable tanks? I just want it to show one portable tank, empty; this would make it so the mekanism category would fit on one page instead of three.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

An alternative: Steve's Workshop allows you to autocraft, consolidate up to four tables/furnaces with their own independent inventories, and upgrade your worktable in various ways. I've just messed around with it a little, but it's handy and single-purpose.
I love that mod but that there's a more updated version here

Goncyn
May 20, 2005

Taffer posted:

Someone forked it and maintains an updated version for 1.7 https://github.com/UniversalLP/XACT/releases

Ok, this mod is pretty nice. It's simple and it does exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Azanor's been playing a lot of Fortresscraft Evolved lately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxnKUDIClvc

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

but the result of air-transferred essentia loving rules

https://gfycat.com/CharmingRectangularCusimanse

Oh wow, that looks amazing :swoon:

Demiurge4 posted:

Azanor's been playing a lot of Fortresscraft Evolved lately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxnKUDIClvc

And so is this! TC5 is looking great!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wolpertinger posted:

Oh wow, that looks amazing :swoon:

And so is this! TC5 is looking great!

There's an air transfer thingy that works the other way so I'm guessing you can attach it to your automated alchemy thingy and have it draw from jars at a distance as it needs it; I haven't actually tried it yet, personally, I might go into creative real quick just to check

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ambaire posted:

When using NEI on a server that has Mekanism, is there a way to make it stop showing the thousand (exaggeration) different possible things you can stick in Mekanism portable tanks? I just want it to show one portable tank, empty; this would make it so the mekanism category would fit on one page instead of three.

And also does anyone know why NEI item filtering is completely greyed out on OMPi but not on Disasterpiece Theater. I asked a couple pages ago but I guess either noone saw it or noone knew why. There's gotta be a rational explanation besides 'lol that's just OMPi', right?
OMPi left vs DPT right

I checked the config but nothing stood out.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

While we're thinking about Disasterpiece Theater, I go Dynmap working, but the web browser shows a blank black dimension whenever you visit it. If you hover the mouse to open the right hand menu, then you can select the overworld surface map and display that just fine. What do I change in the config files to make it display that view automatically every time someone visits the link to look at the server?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm kind of mad. I upgraded to windows 10 and modded minecraft does not work anymore, not even 1.52.
And no online advice seems to work. Latest video drivers don't even install. It's really annoying. Not sure who to ask now.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
Post a more detailed description of your problem than "does not work"?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Acne Rain posted:

I'm kind of mad. I upgraded to windows 10 and modded minecraft does not work anymore, not even 1.52.
And no online advice seems to work. Latest video drivers don't even install. It's really annoying. Not sure who to ask now.

Are you using the windows 10 version of minecraft?

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
XACT is a bit buggy. Its inventory seems to lose sync with the client sometimes. I've had a phantom stack of 57 plastic sheets for a while. Also would be nice if there were a way to interact with the chip case while in the crafter interface? Nice concept to it, though, so I'll put up with it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, Dynmap's giving me a serious headache. The configs are impenetrable and the documentation reads like stereo instructions from the late 80s. We have a bunch of dimensions, and we want renders for all the "standard" ones, like the Overworld, The End, the Nether, Twilight Forest, the witchery ones, etc., but NOT for the random RFTools dims people have been creating. I don't know how I did it, but I somehow caused Dynmap to delete every dimension entry except The End and the Nether. After loving with it all afternoon, I'm pretty frustrated at it. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Here's the Forgeworlds.yml file. It did have all the dimensions listed in it until I changed something. After it cleared the list, I added an entry for the Overworld, but then it was deleted on server restart.

Here's the Configuration.txt file. No clue what most of this poo poo means.

And finally, here's the Worlds.txt file. I don't think I changed any of this, but hey, I don't even know anymore.

Nevermind, I got some help from a couple goons on the server. The map is now displaying all the needed dimensions, thank god.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 18, 2016

thenakedflip
Feb 22, 2005
Had a quick question. I have a small server running a modified version of Infinity Evolved, with a few extra mods. Is there anyway for me to distribute/package the mod pack so that others can easily install it and connect to the server?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

thenakedflip posted:

Had a quick question. I have a small server running a modified version of Infinity Evolved, with a few extra mods. Is there anyway for me to distribute/package the mod pack so that others can easily install it and connect to the server?

Technic is the easiest.

https://technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199345-How-to-make-a-Minecraft-modpack

Basically you install forge, rename the jar put it in /bin and add your /mods and /config to a zip file. Then you just put that in your public dropbox(or host it somewhere) and tell technic where it is.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ore doubling via thaumcraft only is immensely satisfying with the essentia transfusers

edit:
pre:
i.imgur.com/DqxFYwA.gifv
loving embedded gifv doesn't work very well, THANKS LOWTAX

Left, furnace is burning iron nuggets into metallum (I have a bunch of ordo already); right, a bunch of iron ore in the thaumatorium is ejecting native clusters (doubled ore) as soon as metallum enters a jar

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 18, 2016

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Ore doubling via thaumcraft only is immensely satisfying with the essentia transfusers

edit:
pre:
i.imgur.com/DqxFYwA.gifv
loving embedded gifv doesn't work very well, THANKS LOWTAX

Left, furnace is burning iron nuggets into metallum (I have a bunch of ordo already); right, a bunch of iron ore in the thaumatorium is ejecting native clusters (doubled ore) as soon as metallum enters a jar

That seems super dirty though, how are you not flooding the aura with flux?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Demiurge4 posted:

That seems super dirty though, how are you not flooding the aura with flux?

IIRC the only flux source is the 20% chance per smelt from the essentia smelter, and whatever trivial amount comes from the infernal furnace (out of view) with three bellows on it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

bigperm posted:

Are you using the windows 10 version of minecraft?

You can't to play modded minecraft, or at least of the known packs. I use the technic launcher

Goncyn posted:

Post a more detailed description of your problem than "does not work"?

Well before I updated to Windows 10 everything ran fine. Now Hexxit crashes on startup with a "bad video drivers" message, everything from later minecraft just crashes without a message.

Right now the technic forums are down or something, but they said this meant I needed to update my video card drivers. And they are very out of date, they're intel hd graphics drivers that are version 9.17.10.4229, but updating from device manager or windows updater says they're up to date. Which leaves the possibility that I need to just unistall the drivers and re-update but that hasn't worked either.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Have you tried downloading the driver manually (64 bit/32 bit) and installing it? The update check in device manager is worthless.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
oh yeah that

it doesn't work, says the computer does not meat the minimum requirements for this software for the 64 bit and wrong processor type for the 32 bit one (Yeah I know I'm 64 bit but I wanted to be thorough)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

oh yeah that

it doesn't work, says the computer does not meat the minimum requirements for this software for the 64 bit and wrong processor type for the 32 bit one (Yeah I know I'm 64 bit but I wanted to be thorough)

I bet you it has something to do with the hardware being hard rigged for Windows 10.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Acne Rain posted:

oh yeah that

Try joining the Technic discord and asking around in the #help channel, the people in there might be able to help.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Maiden posted:

Try joining the Technic discord and asking around in the #help channel, the people in there might be able to help.
Thanks to reminding us that exists, It's in the FAQ.

https://discordapp.com/channels/42463947818795009/96516755576356864
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3fxgbj/issues_with_modded_minecraft_and_windows_10/

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Which leads back to that driver being unable to be installed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

IIRC the only flux source is the 20% chance per smelt from the essentia smelter, and whatever trivial amount comes from the infernal furnace (out of view) with three bellows on it

How do you not run out of Ignis using the Infernal furnace? Watching the level in the aura going down is nerve-wracking.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Acne Rain posted:

Which leads back to that driver being unable to be installed.

Which is unrelated to Minecraft. Have you tried using Google and search for instructions on how to update Intel drivers on Windows 10? Cause I found this page, maybe that will work. You are not giving us a lot to work with either.
http://sertacozercan.com/2015/02/how-to-install-latest-intel-graphics-drivers-on-windows-10-technical-preview/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Pylons posted:

How do you not run out of Ignis using the Infernal furnace? Watching the level in the aura going down is nerve-wracking.

It can run out? :v:

I suppose if it gets to be a problem I can look into that aura manipulation section in thaumaturgy, I guess that has stuff to pull from/push to surrounding chunks

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

It can run out? :v:

I suppose if it gets to be a problem I can look into that aura manipulation section in thaumaturgy, I guess that has stuff to pull from/push to surrounding chunks

I think the only realistic option for industrial levels of flux management is finding an area with 2 or more pure nodes and using totems to pull flux into the nodes chunks. If you are constantly adding flux to thr aura through the alembic and thr infernal furnace you will eventually pollute the poo poo out of your area.

Another complimentary solution is to plant flux crystal clusters to absorb it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was worried about the flux stuff at first but it seems like no matter how much crap I do the flux-o-meter never seems to get any bigger, either in relative or absolute mode. In fact sometimes it's smaller than baseline, which is weird

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I was worried about the flux stuff at first but it seems like no matter how much crap I do the flux-o-meter never seems to get any bigger, either in relative or absolute mode. In fact sometimes it's smaller than baseline, which is weird

and then you find the hungry node under your base...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

IN regrowth, what are my options for a fast rail system?

At the moment, blaze rail is by far the cheapest to make, but it is slow as hell. (6 blaze rods and a stick)

Im looking for something like vanilla rail with redstone torches.

(im finding i have to travel now, it will be much easier to build a rail out to where im going and zoom back.)