Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

spacetoaster posted:

Reminder that this is still very much a thing:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OperationPitchfork/

New rule you guys. No grips here.

I guarantee you no one there has a grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Starmarine is now owned in its entirety by a scfi writer called Mark Hamdy from southern England, because CIG forgot to renew the filing......

True, check it out , they will have to call it something else.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

I honestly think it has something to do with the fact that this guy wants people who touch their genitals to be mutilated. Like he was trying to think of a name for his space-hell, but Galactic Empire was taken or whatever, so he came up with a mix of stimulation and empire.

idk I could never bring myself to get all the way through the stimpire post, I'm just stating things as fact based off something I sort of remember somebody posting at some point in the past in the thread, like some horrible version of telephone.

E: or I guess like a CIG post about SC features :v:

surc fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 16, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Some of these people say that this is the only game they've been playing. But I'm confused as to what exactly they're doing, as it seems all content that's been released in terms of missions and everything can be completed in under an hour. So what exactly are these people doing? Are they just doing the same missions over and over again? Granted 30% of the game is spent on rebooting the game. But once that initial hour has passed...

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Jackin' it to their jpegs, with the game crashing in the background

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

surc posted:

Jackin' it to their jpegs, with the game crashing in the background

I'm pretty sure the stimpire guy only jacks it to the hostel movies.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Mirificus posted:

Yeah, it's been interesting to see more dissent on the RSI forums over the past few days. Meanwhile, Reddit is still Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/415qq7/help_cig_make_a_million_or_more_a_month/cyzv3l4

this idiot doesn't do anything to back his claim that the "vast majority who will buy and play haven't bought it yet." if they hit 200 million it's not going to be from the hands of new pledges, just the same idiots.

it's a goddamn spaceship sim mmo. this is a loving niche game within a niche within a niche.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

Starmarine is now owned in its entirety by a scfi writer called Mark Hamdy from southern England, because CIG forgot to renew the filing......

Stranger still- both the trademark and the domain name StarMarine.com predate Star Citizen's very existence.

The fact that Sandi, Chris and Ortwin didn't bother to check to see if "Star Marine" was legally available beforehand is interesting in itself. That's remedial branding stuff-- yet they missed it. They may not even realize-- at this late date-- that they must stop their use of the term "Star Marine" altogether -- because they have absolutely no claim to it and, barring a negotiated purchase, they likely never will.

It's almost like the triumvirate out in LA don't know what they're doing-- but that's not possible, right?!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 16, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

It's okay, because youz onna da boyz!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

is no one else finding it weird that a person living in Texas plays hockey?

No more weirder than the Pope shitposting in the woods.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

MeLKoR posted:

well do you want the BDSSE or what?

dont worry infinity rays, people will never forget the star citizen fiasco
Infinity Rays - Space Marshal ($5000)

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Games become better the longer they are in development. This is a known FACT.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

EightAce posted:

This? STAR MARINE - Trademark Details

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I sure hope they won't sell the name and Crobbers has to change the name to StarNavyForeman

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The thing is that this is exactly how they should be doing it. The Vindicator Sabre seemingly went from concept to hangar in the span of three months. The Vanguard went from concept to flyable in nine. That's a good thing, because they have a shitload of assets to make.

Yes but you see special snowflakes and all that

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

I foresee a lot of lonely redditors after SC crumbles and the questions of why the house note isn't being made start being made.

And I feel no pity. gently caress you reddit. You bring this poo poo on yourselves. Also, hiding poo poo from a significant other is flat out pants on head sitting in a burning building while drinking gas retarded.

In fact, words can not be formed to express how stupid you whales are. Can't wait to start seeing suicide notices due to SC ruining lives.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4139xp/warning_to_fish_keepers_the_new_menarik_is/

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Are they sure their other fish didn't clip out of the tank?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I often think that most Shitizens don't actually like videogames all that much. Their favorite games are from the early 90s. They have absolutely no modern videogame experience and when they do it's often derisive. ('I just never got the appeal of WoW'). They dream of pie-in-the-sky immersive, RP-heavy MMO experiences but have absolutely no understanding of how or why those ideas have always been failures. Finally they see absolutely nothing odd about playing the same game for the next 10+ years, which says to me they're thinking specifically of the MMO - but they hate playing games with other people.

How immersive do they imagine the single player, MMO-ish portion of the game is going to be with zero player interaction anyway? What would that game even look like? A literal universe simulation complete with NPCs that have proceduraly generated motivations and personalities?

These aren't people who like games, they're people who hate reality.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
on the other hand i would not be shocked if CIG introduced this "feature" to drive up fish sales lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Who cares about "Star Marine", just called it something like Space Marine. That sounds way better, and I'm sure there isn't a litigious company with the rights to that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CIG never ceases to amaze me

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/411ejd/new_tech_personality_overlay_system/

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

"So what do you do in SC?"

"hosed if I know but I can select 'sassy' for my character personality."

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
90 percent of all poses will be Female Sexy standing 1/2/3/etc. 5 percent will be Male, arms crossed frowning, the last 5 Man/Woman purring/mewing/furrycon

Doubt me? Spend a half hour on Drozana station in Star Trek Online.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41240p/we_are_the_lucky_ones/

ether
May 20, 2001

Mendrian posted:

Even starbound has sassy.. That shitshow of extracting any accidental fun out of the game is sortof hobling along faster as SC.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

ROFL are you serious?

"Imagine years from now, paying retail price and enjoying a game and thinking, man what if I hadn't wasted years of my life not playing Star Citizen? What if I could have been there from the beginning. Well I am here. Feels good not living in a weird imaginary nightmare of my own creation."

:psyduck:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sneak peek of Squadron 42!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuv-NMVbxZ0

Kavak posted:

I think the only thing that could make this trainwreck any better (Besides the point when the poo poo hits the fan and Roberts flees to Brazil/goes down in a hail of IRS agent gunfire) is if the Ion Storm comparisons got common enough to draw John Romero out of hiding.
Romero actually did come out of hiding today! Not because of Star Citizen, though. Apparently he's toying with making another FPS - by himself as a side-project, not a crazy high budget thing like Daikatana - and made a new Doom map as a "warm-up". Pretty hard, and some odd design choices, but as far as returns to a genre that you haven't been involved in for a long time go, it's certainly a bit more... dignified than a few I could name.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Space Marshal - [$5000 - $9999 backer]

mwahahahhahahaaa.

I love that they end up revolting over the dumbest poo poo too.
Reminded of when the Skyrim dungeon designers, pressed for time and last-gen console memory, repurposed existing props to imitate other objects by clipping them into surfaces (for example, shoving a shelf into the floor to make it look like a table). Granted, you probably couldn't tell at a glance unless you used the noclip cheat, so I guess that counts as both clever and funny.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

You might even say that they're 'Standing Tall.'

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Angela Christine posted:

EVE IS REAL.

See? I told you Eve was real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSxSyv4LC1c
May hands were shaking . . .
Why didn't you post the official video instead? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMKXTJL35g&t=15s

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mendrian posted:

It is high time somebody brought sassy back to gaming!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

heres a present from 60 pages back when everyone is still doing these:

When we kickstarted, future was so bright
The old internet was so alive
And every kid in the whole drat street
Would play star citizen and not elite

Now the forums are cracked and torn
The kids are grown up but their wallets worn
How could one little verse
make things so much worse

JPEGs owned
Nothing's free
Longing for what used to be
Still it's hard
Hard to see
Fragile lives, shattered dreams

Roberts had a chance, thought he really could
Instead he dropped out of hollywood
Sandi screws the fans 'cause she hates the rubes
Got a psychosis 'bout shavin pubes

Ben committed foodicide
Derek L-O-L'd and died
What the hell is going on
The cruelest dream, reality

JPEGs owned
Nothing's free
Still it's hard
Hard to see

almost too much of it was appropriate unchanged.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tortolia posted:

Are they sure their other fish didn't clip out of the tank?

The backers and their fish, 1983.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJQKtV5aP4

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Where were you when Chris Roberts saved pc gaming?

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I saw the title and was really hoping this would be way more interesting than it was.

"A Game on the Verge of Extinction"
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/414kka/the_21_pu_a_game_on_the_verge_of_extinction/

Just more people masturbating.

Added for posterity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pr12bZT91c

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

jaegerx posted:

in the biggest sa thread of 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

nopantsjack posted:

heres a present from 60 pages back when everyone is still doing these:

When we kickstarted, future was so bright
The old internet was so alive
And every kid in the whole drat street
Would play star citizen and not elite

Now the forums are cracked and torn
The kids are grown up but their wallets worn
How could one little verse
make things so much worse

JPEGs owned
Nothing's free
Still it's hard
Hard to see

Roberts had a chance, thought he really could
Instead he dropped out of hollywood
Sandi screws the fans 'cause she hates the rubes
Got a psychosis 'bout shavin pubes

Ben committed foodicide
Derek L-O-L'd and died
What the hell is going on
The cruelest dream, reality

JPEGs owned
Nothing's free
Still it's hard
Hard to see

almost too much of it was appropriate unchanged.

I'm totally glad this trend picked up, I'm really enjoying everyone's submissions.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

jaegerx posted:

In the wheelchair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Did anyone get a translation of that French article and if so, can I get a link to the post?

• Locked thread