Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

CommonShore posted:

Also Benghazi is why goons are mostly Trump supporters

IDGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sean Smith, the tech, was a goon aka vile rat. He's still a mod on d&d, and he was a eve goon big shot.

Hillary :bahgawd:

E. I'm kidding obviously about goons supporting trump BC of this.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Another thread of inanity from the Mommy Facbook Group:

Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters! :ghost:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Conservatives be mad.

*crickets*

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Staryberry posted:

Another thread of inanity from the Mommy Facbook Group:

Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters! :ghost:

I love the line about getting sage from a psychic or tarot shop. Couldn't possibly get a common herb from a supermarket. Nope, gotta go pay a charlatan.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Intoluene posted:

I love the line about getting sage from a psychic or tarot shop. Couldn't possibly get a common herb from a supermarket. Nope, gotta go pay a charlatan.

They're referring to white sage, or bundled sage and cedar which comprise smudging sticks, not the sage used for spice. It's a Native American practice and their rules surrounding the distribution of certain kinds of sage makes this post funnier. Seriously, though, this made me sad. I also remember not having a job beyond keeping house. You start seeing poo poo because you're lonely and bored.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm sure this is all true.

I know this was a few pages ago, but Tony Martin also endorsed the BNP, saying that the UK "needed a dictator" and that "too much liberalism is worse than too liberal".

No wonder Americans like him.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Intoluene posted:

My favorite part is that website where the woman is like, "yeah this is a really reliable database that is one-of-a-kind, you just have to pay up front and the results are clearly randomly generated and often false!"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

They're referring to white sage, or bundled sage and cedar which comprise smudging sticks, not the sage used for spice. It's a Native American practice and their rules surrounding the distribution of certain kinds of sage makes this post funnier. Seriously, though, this made me sad. I also remember not having a job beyond keeping house. You start seeing poo poo because you're lonely and bored.

My old roommate didn't have a job or a car for almost a year and basically lost his mind in our apartment. He started seeing shadow people and stuff and generally melting down mentally. The human brain doesn't deal well without stimulation.

This poo poo is worse though cause there's kids involved. These crazy people are just going to reinforce their kids natural fears and turn them into neurotic messes

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The whole "women are scared of clapping" poo poo is bullshit. It's more like "some people here have sensory disorders which sharp and loud noises can exacerbate, and we'd like to not make them too uncomfortable".

You're not allowed to clap in the House of Commons, but nobody's calling David Cameron a SJW (but they are calling him a pig-fucker).

Then again, they probably see wheelchair ramps as proof of political correctness, so. :shrug:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Aesop Poprock posted:

My old roommate didn't have a job or a car for almost a year and basically lost his mind in our apartment. He started seeing shadow people and stuff and generally melting down mentally. The human brain doesn't deal well without stimulation.

This poo poo is worse though cause there's kids involved. These crazy people are just going to reinforce their kids natural fears and turn them into neurotic messes

That actually explains a lot about my ex-boss's wife.
She got into a snowmobile accident resulting in some minor whiplash when she was 30 which she now uses as an excuse to constantly take prescription pain killers and never work, ever (she is in her 50s now). She used to tell me about how she could detect and communicate with spirits. One day she spent an hour telling me about how after her dog died she could sense his spirit, and during the middle of the night his presence was so disruptive that she had to exorcise him from the house right then and there which basically means she started communicating with her dead dog while her husband attempted to sleep beside her. She was always so earnest about her sixth sense too, it was pretty hilarious.
Her marriage was a disaster and her husband refused to leave her because he was afraid she would take all his money. Those two were the worst.

Oh yeah, she had a grown daughter who also thought she could communicate with the dead. They said the ability ran in the family.
:allears:

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

You made me google stupid poo poo.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

This cannot be real.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

I a little confused about how purified water ends up not at ph 7 and what thought process went into declaring citrus fruits as alkaline. What else am I not seeing in this one?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Whoever made this is a basic bitch

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Antifreeze Head posted:

I a little confused about how purified water ends up not at ph 7 and what thought process went into declaring citrus fruits as alkaline. What else am I not seeing in this one?

From a quick glance at a couple thing I now wish I hadn't bothered to look at, it's related to some nonsense about the pH level of your body and blood and how to regulate it by diet.

Their thought is that acidic natural foods like citrus and tomatoes become alkaline in the body. Nevermind that if you go nuts and eat a ton of ripe home grown tomatoes 'cause they're delicious and you have no self-control, you'll regret it when all that acid exits your rear end in a top hat.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Oven cleaner is so good for you!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The logical conclusion of this is drinking bleach so the error will sort itself out.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Like some onions with your pork? Prepare to literally have your gastrointestinal tract explode

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I feel like sea water isn't very neutral.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Wait is it putting citrus fruit on the basic side?

It has pictures of oranges and lemons and limes there but conveniently leaves them out of the list of food.

Christ almighty!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It has pictures of oranges and lemons and limes there but conveniently leaves them out of the list of food.

Christ almighty!

lemons/limes are listed under 10

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

into the void posted:

Should have gotten a maremma sheep dog.

I laughed, and then I felt bad. That loving thread.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Christ almighty!

I think this came up a while ago and it turned out the thing wasn't saying that was the pH of the food, but something like it's what you should eat if "your" pH is or relates to that number in some way. Which is also extremely stupid, obviously, but *marginally* less dumb than saying lemons are basic.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

That dog whistle racism isn't working, I can hear it.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Reminds me of this dude I saw awhile ago:

It doesn't even make it to two entries before including a republican.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Why are all of those "DEM" and just one is a "leftist"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Well, at least they acknowledge they're misguided, it's the first step to becoming a not total loving idiot.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Fatkraken posted:

I think this came up a while ago and it turned out the thing wasn't saying that was the pH of the food, but something like it's what you should eat if "your" pH is or relates to that number in some way. Which is also extremely stupid, obviously, but *marginally* less dumb than saying lemons are basic.

But if your body's pH value is even slightly out of whack then you're dead so it's a chart relating to a nonexistent problem.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

The theory I've heard is that this is more a chart of how your body responds to these foods. Our stomach is an acidic environment, so when we eat something acidic, like citrus, it gets to ease off acid production for a while.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DavidAlltheTime posted:

The theory I've heard is that this is more a chart of how your body responds to these foods. Our stomach is an acidic environment, so when we eat something acidic, like citrus, it gets to ease off acid production for a while.

""theory""

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It's just awfully convienant that all processed and junk foods are acidic and everything natural is alkaline.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Also, pure water at room temperature is the literal definition of pH 7.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

The whole "women are scared of clapping" poo poo is bullshit. It's more like "some people here have sensory disorders which sharp and loud noises can exacerbate, and we'd like to not make them too uncomfortable".

You're not allowed to clap in the House of Commons, but nobody's calling David Cameron a SJW (but they are calling him a pig-fucker).

Then again, they probably see wheelchair ramps as proof of political correctness, so. :shrug:

I find being in the middle of applauds (?? is that how you even say it) really uncomfortable for my hearing, it's kind of reassuring I'm not the only one TBH. Makes going to gigs hard, but I bought some of those noise reducing ear-plugs and suck it up.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Rondette posted:

I find being in the middle of applauds (?? is that how you even say it) really uncomfortable for my hearing, it's kind of reassuring I'm not the only one TBH. Makes going to gigs hard, but I bought some of those noise reducing ear-plugs and suck it up.

Applause.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
How is corn at 8 and popcorn at 4? Does the popping process release protons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

Also, pure water at room temperature is the literal definition of pH 7.

And most tapwater is slightly basic due to the processes we use.

Anyway, content. This poo poo made it on my feed from Australia.