Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I think this article is negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

mike12345 posted:

I think this article is negative.

Yes, but only in the areas where it should be.
They like the graphics and they call Derek an egomaniac, so there's that. :haw:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tippis posted:

Yes, but only in the areas where it should be.
They like the graphics and they call Derek an egomaniac, so there's that. :haw:

Doesn't matter. Willing to bet the shitizens will take one look at their caricatures and say: "loving FRENCHMEN! How many games have they done, anyway?!"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

CrazyLoon posted:

Doesn't matter. Willing to bet the shitizens will take one look at their caricatures and say: "loving FRENCHMEN! How many games have they done, anyway?!"

Let's find out shall we?

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

bumbles fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 16, 2016

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Shitizens are to criticism of Crobber as Islam is to Mohammed pictures. I see this going well.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

That's true. Bunch of nobodies.

“Bottom line is, this is perfectly normal. CPC is like Gordon Ramsay when it comes to reviewing games.”

So… insightful and often entirely correct, no matter how grating the language and in-your-face attitude is? I mean, he's not wrong. It would be perfectly normal for anyone with a bit of insight to criticise everything (except maybe the graphics) about SC. I just get the impression that this wasn't the inference he was going for.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 16, 2016

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

"Pander to the client's obsession and maximise the studio's income."
"Truly a self-defense reflex, a mix of hope, self-persuasion and even a little resignation amongst the players."

There's some good quotes in there.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahahaha reddit.

"bottom line is, this is perfectly normal."

yes it is normal for poo poo to get bad reviews

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thronde posted:

90 percent of all poses will be Female Sexy standing 1/2/3/etc. 5 percent will be Male, arms crossed frowning, the last 5 Man/Woman purring/mewing/furrycon

Doubt me? Spend a half hour on Drozana station in Star Trek Online.

I always preferred the Thoughtful or Brawler stances, myself :ohdear:

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

A 12-page negative article is perfectly normal

e: egads too slow

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

…and today, it's this:

Are we sure Scott Adams isn't following this thread? :stare:

That would just be too amusing. I hope it's true.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
Is the game out yet?

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Amun Khonsu posted:

Is the game out yet?

deux semaines

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Must remember Poe's law. Must remember Poe's law. Must remember Poe's law. Must remember Poe's law.

“These 12 pages of negativity aren't actually bashing SC.” :cripes:

Also, what's strange about the page layout? I haven't kept my French up to snuff enough to make any judgement of tone or style, but I've read enough dead-tree publications to know that there's nothing particularly odd or idiotic about that design — it's outright conservative if anything.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 16, 2016

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
"strongly worded mail"

:ohdear:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

bumbles posted:

"strongly worded mail"

So Infinity Ziona is a redditor Citizen? That makes sense…

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bumbles posted:

"strongly worded mail"

LOL. He's a space marshal... $5000-$9999 'invested'..

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

2.1 Sale https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15157-Star-Citizen-Alpha-21-Available

Vanguard flight ready and Sabre hangar ready.

Nearly 100k more than you'd expect to have made yesterday, weekend's are better anyway, so figure maybe 300-500k extra over a week from putting 1 1/2 ships in the "game", no LTI none of that, also keeps daily figure bumped so larger concept sales can be spread out to bring in more for each one. Plus the long term effect of having more ships to sell that are actually flyable.

If I was them I'd start cutting/pasting everywhere and cranking the smaller ships out, it looks like progress with no real new tech required apart from the odd weapon, generates money, doesn't costs that much considering they should be doing it anyway and lets them pick when to do a concept sale for maximum income instead of being rushed into it to keep the daily figure bumped.

Only issue is SQ42 ships will have the priority and a lot of them are large which leaves room for a lot more noticeable cut/paste and clipping issues.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

lol at the cover

LES SECRETS D'UNE MACHINE À CASH

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Roberts fries

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
How long before the redditors mention Charlie hebdo and how long before "Well i'm not saying they deserved it but"....... It'll happen, bet on it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mike12345 posted:

lol at the cover

LES SECRETS D'UNE MACHINE À CASH

I heard the cover took 3 years to make.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

That fish's description basically reads "this is an invasive species" so yeah...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Look, the article can't be negative. It shows a space ship filled with money on the cover, implying we will have ACTUAL spaceships at some point.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

e: Lowtax please stop playing SC with your daughter, you're giving the game away. :dawkins101:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

happyhippy posted:

I heard the cover took 3 years to make.

To be fair, it went through 3 passes with the old pipeline.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

"I don't even play games... "

Talk about burying the lede! it cracked me up seeing you drop that in.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've been having fun with him.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Apparently the last page wasnt in the IMG gallery. A helpful redditor has uploaded it:

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

fuctifino posted:

I've been having fun with him.

:pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:you are doing the lord's work sir :pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ravane posted:

From Pupil to Planet (how it actually should be done):
http://i.imgur.com/2BHkiqP.gifv

:eyepop:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4183sv/performance_issues/

quote:

Performance issues (self.starcitizen)
submitted 3 hours ago by livid_t0ad Trader
I read several times that this game runs ok on even lower/mid end pcs. I have a i7-3770k (3.5-4GHz) and a gtx680 and it runs worse and min settings than anything i ever ran on max settigns (Crisis 3, Battlefield 4, Witcher 3 (high settings)). Is this normal performance or are there some things with my setup i need to work out?

I see you know nothing about game development, it's poo poo on purpose.

And the obligatory

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

MeLKoR posted:

I actually feel it's more of a cheat. If everything is grimdark why wouldn't you go for broke? It's not like there is any hope of everything not being complete poo poo forever.

HERESY!

But really though the level of grimdark changes a lot depending on the individual author.

Amarcarts fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 16, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Getting ganked for the thirteenth time isn't going to be the last.

Like this hasn't been in MMOs before. I can recall Star Wars Galaxies and Champions having something like this. Someone else mentioned ST:O having it as well. It's old pat, really, and it's another one of those things that only if you've never played a recent game that it feels new to you.

Tippis posted:

That's true. Bunch of nobodies.

“Bottom line is, this is perfectly normal. CPC is like Gordon Ramsay when it comes to reviewing games.”

So… insightful and often entirely correct, no matter how grating the language and in-your-face attitude is? I mean, he's not wrong. It would be perfectly normal for anyone with a bit of insight to criticise everything (except maybe the graphics) about SC. I just get the impression that this wasn't the inference he was going for.

Yeah, people forget that Ramsay's that way because he's a perfectionist. You have to be to be a Michelin three-star rated chef. While Anthony Bourdain disagrees with him often, you know that he respects him because Ramsay wants to get things done right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Young Freud posted:

Getting ganked for the thirteenth time isn't going to be the last.

Jesus, it's like nobody ever hung out in STV in WoW or something. Getting ganked is always going to be a thing. There's nothing you can do to fight it, especially not with the way they have things set up currently. Just submit.

• Locked thread