Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
AvE sounds just like my uncle and cousins from Shelburne. JUST ABOOOT DICKED ERRRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
That dude is hilarious.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Arrath posted:

What is the speedo doing all the way over there? :psyduck:

Metastasizing.

Niven
Apr 16, 2003
I can't stop clicking on the next video. The 10ksi pressure test of the improvised drain plug was making my palms sweaty.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
[concern intensifies]

:stonk:

:aaaaa: yes that's what's left of a Kevlar scatter shield, likely an SFI rated one

Oh dear.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

Oh dear.

That is a definite failure to chooch.

edit: :lol: Someone has already cited AvE on the wikipedia page for alum.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 14, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I dunno, I'm pretty sure that chooched parts and fluid very vigorously indeed.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kastein posted:

[concern intensifies]

:stonk:

:aaaaa: yes that's what's left of a Kevlar scatter shield, likely an SFI rated one

Oh dear.

At first I saw the pics and thought.. Idiot didn't have a scattersheild.. a new pair of pants is in order.. at least it went to the passenger side.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

The Roadkill guys figured out what was wrong with the Rotsun's motor...
https://www.facebook.com/RoadkillShow/videos/vb.170974806391119/587848658037063/?type=2&theater

Not sure how to embed, will edit in a youtube video if I find it over there.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I'd give them the 4.3 that's rotting away in the back of my garage just to see that thing run again.

v True, there's probably dozens going for scrap value within LA county but none of those involve a cross-country road trip in a marginally functional vehicle.

corgski fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 14, 2016

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

They're a dime a dozen, I'm sure they already have a line on at least three possible replacements.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

kastein posted:

https://www.facebook.com/RoadkillShow/videos/vb.170974806391119/587848658037063/?type=2&theater

Holy poo poo how did they break the crank on a 4.3? My world is shattered.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

That's some good variable compression timing right there.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

tater_salad posted:

Idiot didn't have a scattersheild..

Idiot didn't have enough scattershields!

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Holy poo poo how did they break the crank on a 4.3? My world is shattered.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fabri-cobble is now my new favorite word.

"...The right way is going to be the best way 99% of the time."

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Awesome. Like a dirty Red Green, exactly.

"Enjoy some Buttweiser Simulated Rice Wine Beverage." I laughed too long and hard at that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Here's something I found while advising a friend on how to replace the lower ball joint on his Mazda 3.

I converted the video to GIF. Absolutely tremendous.

Apparently their control arm broke in half:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I converted the video to GIF.

You can embed webm/gfy now. :ssh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

You can embed webm/gfy now. :ssh:

Yeah, but it came as an mp4. I'm too old to know how to make a webm out of that, but imgur probably knows how.

I'll get you next time, inexorable march of progress. Next time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Joe Mama posted:

Awesome. Like a dirty Red Green, exactly.

"Enjoy some Buttweiser Simulated Rice Wine Beverage." I laughed too long and hard at that.

"Just tell em it's for making craaack" caught me way off guard.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Data Graham posted:

"Just tell em it's for making craaack" caught me way off guard.

Bulk Barn is a particularly bottom of the barrel grocery place in canada too which made it all the better.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Bulk Barn is a particularly bottom of the barrel grocery place in canada too which made it all the better.

Don't shame bulk barn its a great place to get a couple litres of maple syrup

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

8ender posted:

Don't shame bulk barn its a great place to get a couple litres of maple syrup

I wish I could buy maple syrup by the liter down here. Real maple syrup, not maple flavored corn syrup, is priced like heroin where I'm at.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

It's not a grocery place, it's a food supplier that only sells things in bulk quantities. You can't go in and buy a head of lettuce or a package of chicken breasts, but you can get like twenty different kinds of flour that you scoop from a bin yourself. Or a gallon of peanut butter. Or ten pounds of cayenne pepper.

I love bulk barn and wish they had them in the USA.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sagebrush posted:

It's not a grocery place, it's a food supplier that only sells things in bulk quantities. You can't go in and buy a head of lettuce or a package of chicken breasts, but you can get like twenty different kinds of flour that you scoop from a bin yourself. Or a gallon of peanut butter. Or ten pounds of cayenne pepper.

WinCo Foods has a pretty good bulk section, if there's one near you. Nearest one to me is about 20-30 miles, unfortunately.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

They do exist. Winco.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Unsurprisingly, there isn't anything like that for at least fifty miles around San Francisco. The nearest one appears to be in Tracy, an hour's drive away.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

Unsurprisingly, there isn't anything like that for at least fifty miles around San Francisco. The nearest one appears to be in Tracy, an hour's drive away.

Check your local hippie co-op. They like buying flax seed and soy nuts in bulk.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Sagebrush posted:

I'm thinking of No Frills. My mistake.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh, yeah, No Frills is...a thing.

So much crushed cereal on the floors.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

No Frills is great because you can stock your cupboards full for ~$20 and pretend you're working for the dharma initiative from the show lost

stump
Jan 19, 2006

8ender posted:

No Frills is great because you can stock your cupboards full for ~$20 and pretend you're working for the dharma initiative from the show lost

Or you are in Repo Man.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Isn't this the company that got in trouble for putting rat poison and cereal in identical boxes (other than the name)?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

8ender posted:

Man, McMaster should stock their break rooms with that stuff and confuse the gently caress out of everybody.

(they actually have a really nice break room and cafeteria)

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

8ender posted:

You have a version of "black and gold" brand?
That's the original cheap generic brand of food items in Australia. They used to be huge in Australia until the main grocery stores started their own budget/private labels instead - like "homebrand", "savings" etc.
Black and gold is awesome, you could never go wrong with their quality, while the supermarket private labels are hit and miss. It's a shame only small independent grocery stores sell them now.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 16, 2016

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
The no name brand is just one of the many facets in the sprawling bureaucracy known as Loblaws that in many ways is the grocery chain equivalent to 70s era British Leyland. I do remember them being in their main stores as a kid but they slowly phased that out in favor of the "President's Choice" budget brand, so now they're mostly in No Frills.

edit: Just incase you thought I was joking here's all the stores/brands under Loblaws https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loblaw_Companies#Banners

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 16, 2016

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

1500quidporsche posted:

The no name brand is just one of the many facets in the sprawling bureaucracy known as Loblaws that in many ways is the grocery chain equivalent to 70s era British Leyland. I do remember them being in their main stores as a kid but they slowly phased that out in favor of the "President's Choice" budget brand, so now they're mostly in No Frills.

edit: Just incase you thought I was joking here's all the stores/brands under Loblaws https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loblaw_Companies#Banners

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

Sagebrush posted:

It's not a grocery place, it's a food supplier that only sells things in bulk quantities. You can't go in and buy a head of lettuce or a package of chicken breasts, but you can get like twenty different kinds of flour that you scoop from a bin yourself.

Were else can you buy several lbs of Reeses pieces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

helno posted:

Were else can you buy several lbs of Reeses pieces?

So much candy