Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Bloodstained is looking great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Mendrian posted:

"So what do you do in SC?"

"hosed if I know but I can select 'sassy' for my character personality."

I bet we could get CIG to commit to the character dance creation studio that WoW players have been asking Blizzard to implement for years.

We might as well help pile on the feature bloat.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Tortolia posted:

I bet we could get CIG to commit to the character dance creation studio that WoW players have been asking Blizzard to implement for years.

We might as well help pile on the feature bloat.

According to leaks CIG will add full support for the Dance Dance Revolution Mat. One of the possible endings in SQ42 is having your character challenge the Vanduul leader to a dance off. You got served!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus, it's like nobody ever hung out in STV in WoW or something. Getting ganked is always going to be a thing. There's nothing you can do to fight it, especially not with the way they have things set up currently. Just submit.

Excuse me sir but the games you cited do not have a space court which will solve all these issues

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ash1138 posted:

That fish's description basically reads "this is an invasive species" so yeah...

quote:

splittybus 7 points 19 hours ago

So I ended up looking at fish on the shop page and found "WARNING : At the moment, the Hangar Fishtank Mk1 is only able to display one of each fish. If you buy the same fish twice you’ll only see one in the Fishtank until multiple fish instances are supported."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Space court can be gooned up via jury nullification.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

So many lols to be had https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4139xp/warning_to_fish_keepers_the_new_menarik_is/cyzprcp

"What the gently caress is going on in this thread? I thought this was a space game."

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dark souls 3 looking sick.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

everything about star citizen is hilarious.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That definitely reads like something a person who doesn't care would write.

Yeah, you keep that up and you'll be getting your own hate-Red

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The thing is that this is exactly how they should be doing it. The Vindicator Sabre seemingly went from concept to hangar in the span of three months. The Vanguard went from concept to flyable in nine. That's a good thing, because they have a shitload of assets to make.

I agree with this 10000%.

It's literally the only smart ship design decision I've seen from them. There's a reason my Infiniti can take parts from a Nissan Z, it makes way more sense for the designer/engineer to use preexisting parts

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The French :gary: is adorable.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ezekeel posted:

According to leaks CIG will add full support for the Dance Dance Revolution Mat. One of the possible endings in SQ42 is having your character challenge the Vanduul leader to a dance off. You got served!

That's a red herring, the mat will be used in combination with the VR helmet and the new $800 SC Light Gladius* to allow unprecedented first person melee fighting.

* Order now, the High Tech Luxury SC Light Gladius will be limited to the first 10,000 orders on a first come first served basis**

** the manufacturing of such high quality goods takes a long time so there is no estimation on how long it will take to fulfill all orders

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

Very. I also think it's a higher-fidelity representation than Gary manages to pull off.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
12 pages? That's a douze-y

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

I'm like 30 pages behind because I'm still reading about Warhammer chat because it's goofy and the lore is ridiculous but still interesting. I'm curious why stagnation of progress is a theme and why 10,000 year old armor etc is better than anything made modernly. Where can I read more dumb poo poo about these made up things?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

here ya go

e: uploaded new album with the missing page

Thank you very much.

That thing is going to take a little time to translate so I will do it page by page. If anyone is willing to help we can cut up the beast and share.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

titaniumone posted:

I'm like 30 pages behind because I'm still reading about Warhammer chat because it's goofy and the lore is ridiculous but still interesting. I'm curious why stagnation of progress is a theme and why 10,000 year old armor etc is better than anything made modernly. Where can I read more dumb poo poo about these made up things?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000 Enjoy :D

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

titaniumone posted:

I'm curious why stagnation of progress is a theme

something something christ emperor roberts

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
so based on poo poo I'm reading on the RSI forums Alpha 2.2 is going to be focused primarily on implementing in-game shop mechanics....

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 16, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

That's some seriously hilarious poo poo.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so based on poo poo I'm reading on the RSI forums Alpha 2.2 is going to be focused primarily on implementing in-game shopping mechanics....

They just put in another ship god don't you know how important balancing content release types is to game development

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bumbles posted:

:pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:you are doing the lord's work sir :pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

I'm still spreading the Gospel of Derek

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012
Star Citizen: If you buy the same fish twice you’ll only see one in the Fishtank until multiple fish instances are supported

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so based on poo poo I'm reading on the RSI forums Alpha 2.2 is going to be focused primarily on implementing in-game shop mechanics....

What? You mean another game mechanics money grab? Why yes, yes of course. Because, you know, they don't need the money. After all, croberts has stated on the record that if funding stopped they still had enough to complete the project. So yeah.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thronde posted:

90 percent of all poses will be Female Sexy standing 1/2/3/etc. 5 percent will be Male, arms crossed frowning, the last 5 Man/Woman purring/mewing/furrycon

Doubt me? Spend a half hour on Drozana station in Star Trek Online.

CIG could restore a lot of faith if they included fire extinguishers and deployable disco balls.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

SelenicMartian posted:

BLLLLMBRRR,,,
MBBLVVVURR

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuctifino posted:

I'm still spreading the Gospel of Derek

If I had any talent I'd photoshop Emperor Derek on his golden throne.

The emperor protects (or wallets with refunds)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/416ruw/a_question_likely_asked_a_thousand_times/

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

C'est lui dans le fauteuil roulant

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Translation of Page 1

Star Citizen

We have walked on Money ! (NT. : they are making a pun, in french , Thune (slang for money) rhyme with Lune (moon)

The history of a guy digging for money to make his game. He was digging deeper and deeper, but all he found was gold, so he never stopped digging.
By Guy Moquette and Ivan le Fou,

In December 2015, according to data made available by its developers, Star Citizen has exceeded 100 millions in crowsourced revenue funding. (And yes, i’m mixing Crowdfunding and revenues, you will understand why later). Not only has this amount never been reached in crowdfunding (the game was entered into the Guinness book of records once it reached 40 millions as the project with highest crowdfunding amount, all categories) but its also an extraordinary amount for a PC exclusive game budget.

Some video game has reputedly exceeded this amount (marketing budget included) but they are usually games for numerous platforms, PC and consoles. Only 2 PC exclusive titles haves exceeded this amount, Electronic Arts MMO Star wars : the old republic, who turned out to be a disappointment for its publisher and the less know GTA clone All point Bulletin, who turned out to be a disaster causing the bankruptcy of its developer (Realtime Games). Both titles where counting on a subscription system to recover the massive investment something that is not the case for Star Citizen,
The man in charge of spending this huge pile of money is not unknown, his names is Christ Roberts.

The man with a cat Shaped head, Chris Roberts, is an American who spent his youth in Manchester and managed as a 20 year old to convince Richard Gariott and his company, Origin Systems, to produce a space sim named Wing Commander, a spectacularly successful games in the 90’s. But there are more than one Chris Roberts.

The first one is the young man who invented the modern space sim. Presented at the CES Chicago in 1990, Wing Commander demo would cause a panic in LucasArts who wha planning to release X-Wing a few weeks later. X-wing would finally be released 2 years later to allow it to catch up. David Braden Elite was released in 1984, but Wing Commander far exceeded the wireframe representation and established the standards in terms of gameplay, mission designs, immersion and cat headed opponents. This Christ Roberts has produced ambitions and innovative games. He made a fortune with wing Commander, but got even more money by selling the rights to the IP to electronic Arts with the acquisition of Origin System in 1992.

Tl;Dr : Star Citizen has a bigger budget than nearly every PC exclusive game in History. Christ Roberts is in charge and his young self released a genre defining game 25 years ago.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Look at those motherfuckers expecting promised major bullet point features. Downvote the bastards heavily.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Aw, i feel for this guy, i loving hate people online too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
For those who missed it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41240p/we_are_the_lucky_ones/

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
:pgabz: the man with a cat shaped head :pgabz:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

aleksendr posted:

The history of a guy digging for money to make his game. He was digging deeper and deeper, but all he found was gold, so he never stopped digging.
By Guy Moquette and Ivan le Fou,

That is beautiful, guy has a way with words that comes through translation. Also, cat shaped head?

Thanks for doing this! I eagerly await 11 more pages of :lol:.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

denial.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I sold my package for 80$ and then received a refund for 80$, did this happen to anyone else?

• Locked thread