Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Background: Maria sent out a tweet that said that she and Bennett still 'could' work NJPW. Of course, that means that TNA's contracts allow you to work anywhere and not that NJPW actually wants to book them or any other TNA talent. Mecca, of course, reacts rationally.

quote:

MarkC201
TNA's apparent shift on talents working NJPW is crucial. NJPW has been saving ROH's rear end in terms of keeping talent away from TNA.

Chris Regal Moderator
We don't know that NJPW is willing to use TNA talents, even though TNA is open to it. But NJPW must realize that the exposure they get from their partnership with ROH is minimal at best here in the US. I'm pretty confident that almost every ROH fan is familiar with NJPW or already watches their shows.

However, TNA has a lot of more fans who haven't even heard of NJPW so it would benefit them to at least be open to a civil relationship with TNA.

Yeah NJPW, you've already got all of ROH's fans. Time to get the 300K TNA fans that mostly watch because they fell asleep during Days of Our Lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Somebody doesn't remember wrestlekingdom 5.

Or that TNA burned their bridge with NJPW when TNA played silly buggers with their titles.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Is TNA friendly with any promotions at all anymore

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

checksin posted:

That depends on whether you qualify GFW as an actual promotion.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

To be fair, GFW has promoted more events and talents than Dixie's PR company ever did

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

checksin posted:

Big Japan and IGF MAYBE. Those were burgeoning relationships last year.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

want to see EC3 in inoki shootfights

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NJPW gets more publicity from wwe raiding their talent than they could ever get from tna

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Reminder that TNA turned Okada into a comic book sidekick.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

epitasis posted:

want to see EC3 in inoki shootfights

same but deathmatches

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm pretty sure that if you total up the complete match time of all the NJPW talents that did tours in TNA (Okada, Nakamura, Tana, Naito and Yuijiro) it would work out to be less than TNA talent got on WK 5 alone.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Doesn't TNA still have a partnership with AAA somehow?

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Can #HisNameIsTyrus hang with Strong BJ?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh look, another Nevermore. Watch him get more and more unhinged as the article goes on.

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/nevermore-4-3

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Big Japan and IGF MAYBE. Those were burgeoning relationships last year.

Big Japan may have already soured because of the lack of touring on TNA's part.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh look, another Nevermore. Watch him get more and more unhinged as the article goes on.

This poo poo would have been embarassing on an angelfire site in the 90s

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

NOW, BULLY poo poo ALL OVER TNA AFTER BEING 'THE LAW' AND THEN SHORTLY AFTERWARDS RETURNED TO WWE TO BE A loving TAG TEAM WRESTLER AGAIN AND DOESN'T EVEN GET TO BE THE BULLY RAY CHARACTER OR DO PROMOS THAT ARE NOT WRITTEN BY SOMEONE ELSE. BULLY HAS ALSO BEEN CAMPAIGNING TO GET HIS GIRLFRIEND WHO IS A CURRENT TNA EMPLOYEE A JOB WITH WWE, AND ALSO RECRUTING THE HARDYZ BACK TO WWE, THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT I WOULD EVER ALLOW HIM BACK IN TNA UNLESS TO UNMERCILESSLY JOB HIM OUT AND MAKE THE TNA ROSTER LOOK VASTLY SUPERIOR TO THE WWE. gently caress BULLY RAY!!!!!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oh no, what will tna ever do without the hardy boyz!!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ostentatious posted:

well that's the current money feud for slammiversary soooo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm presuming slammiversary, but that might be too far away

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

I think Matt Hardy just won the main belt but TNA would pull in the same ratings at this point if it was just Eric Young crying in a janitors closet as he looks more and more like a meth hobo so your point still stands

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ayn rand hand job posted:

I'm presuming slammiversary, but that might be too far away

Nah they're probably taping it in a week or two.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'm not sure I want to know what "allow" means in this context.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
We're all assuming that Slammiversary won't be a three hour show of Dixie and Jarrett playing with finger puppets.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

At first I thought this was just me not knowing a drat thing about Styles, but then they mentioned Rollins and Barret and just lost me :confused:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

At first I thought this was just me not knowing a drat thing about Styles, but then they mentioned Rollins and Barret and just lost me :confused:

I assume it's in reference to tattoos, there's still a small part of the population who thinks they're immoral

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume it's in reference to tattoos, there's still a small part of the population who thinks they're immoral

Neville doesn't have any tattoos though. Thought it may be about clearly defined sixpacks, but then AJ isn't really that ripped to Seth and Neville.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's his dick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

why on earth would Rollins need to be toned down then?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Clearly that's why Batista was taken off TV

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ShootaBoy posted:

This message brought to you by the GAY community!?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

...unmercilessly? So mercifully?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best part of that is that there are a ton of other people of color I'd rather see as WWE champion.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Roman "The Rock's Cousin" Reigns, proof or racism in wrestling.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

big e for champion

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAJqeTpDis

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Roman "The Rock's Cousin" Reigns, proof or racism in wrestling.

You'd HAVE to be racist to not like the push of Roman "apparently got Hero's spot in the Shield" "Gotta make Roman look strong" "magic BEANS" "sufferin' succotash, son!" "Balee Dat" "tater tots, hehehe" Reigns

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

You'd HAVE to be racist to not like the push of Roman "apparently got Hero's spot in the Shield" "Gotta make Roman look strong" "magic BEANS" "sufferin' succotash, son!" "Balee Dat" "tater tots, hehehe" Reigns

There's gotta be a reason people hate the guy who puts out so many high quality matches yet forgive others for poor promos or a lame push by just blaming WWE.

I usually go with "wow, people who hate Roman Reigns are stupid."

You might be right about them being racist instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

hasn't the poor guy done enough, you racist fans? he already has blue eyes, what more do you want!?