Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Score me as another vote for "That squaddie being the first to corporal is worth 2 alien weapon fragments - Grenade out" as an early strat. Keep good men alive, gear will come. That said yeah, get armor then lasers fast, pick up other utility crap, come back for more armor and plasma, the last utility crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
And ignore the guy about steam vents and restarting, too. It'll help, it its not worth giving up over. Roll with it.

Use grenades if the alternative means risking a soldier. Lasers as early research will do more for survivability than armor: dead aliens can't shoot back, and lasers by the end of the second month will make certain missions far, far easier. Plus, scopes help you hit more, also saving your guys. Always have a backup plan, ideally explosive (see point 1).

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

^^^if he's never cleared the start id argue that an easier base layout makes a huge difference, especially when mixmaxing your cash

I posted the no explosives part for the extra money actually, because i always found money to be God early on just as metal is later. Same with stunning sectoids, getting at least 1 per mission can give you a big early cash boost for selling the plasma pistols/light rifles from thin men. The more poo poo you can squeeze in early the better. I don't feel you really need a lot of upgrades to just survive pre chrysalids as long as you're religious with overwatching in full cover and only ever hunkering down if you're in half. The only time i use explosives early on is if I'm overwatched myself.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

al-azad posted:

You should totally always use said character though because they're the only other character with the megi line and nothing is strong against that.

In fact, pray for a fusion accident because you'll probably get Decarabia 20 levels early and he's amazing. And by then every other shuffle time will have the skill upgrade card.
When it comes to mob cleanup it's usually better to just blast the whole set of enemies with a Ma- spell instead, especially in the endgame when you have the various Boost and Amp skills on your casters along with the strongest elemental attacks at the time and SP recovery skills from Rise. Even if they are resistant it'll usually be more reliably damaging (for the SP cost especially) than the equivalent Megi- spell.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I bought shadowrun: dragonfall during the steam sale, I've played plenty of turn based games before so is there something related to character build or team selection I should have in mind?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Ahundredbux posted:

I bought shadowrun: dragonfall during the steam sale, I've played plenty of turn based games before so is there something related to character build or team selection I should have in mind?

The only "class" you don't get from the fleshed out companions is a straight up Mage (Dietrich is a shaman so he focuses on the summoning skills) so you might want to consider making your character one. The wiki covers the rest of it pretty well. http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Shadowrun_Returns

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Thanks for the Persona tips. There's a lot to learn I guess. But the game's fun at least.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The great thing about Persona is that compared to the mainline SMT games it's very forgiving. Just experiment and do whatever feels right. You can make things a little harder on yourself but never screw up.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ahundredbux posted:

AP damage is super powerful, since for most of the game doing 2 ap in a turn will screw the recipient out of their next turn. So yeah, making your character a mage is a really good choice, since they get a number of spells that do AP damage.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Ahundredbux posted:

Gonna repost something I posted in the regular Shadowrun Returns thread, with some amendments.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Let's round up what you should probably know at character creation: unless you have a preferred archetype, you might want to steer toward Rifle or Pistol Street Samurai, Decker/Rigger or Mage. A Street Samurai makes the best use of Cyberware by a mile and a Street Sam using a rifle is the highest single target damage you can get, or you can use Pistols to do cool gimmicky poo poo like using different pistols to dodge cooldowns and have better multi-target damage; Decker/Rigger because the one the game provides you with tends to rub people the wrong way and he's really, really poo poo at rigging because his drone was statted up using the original engine and it's a giant turkey shoot target that gets blown up if it gets so much as looked at and has a horrifically crappy gun; and Mage because you can't get one otherwise, not even as a Merc. The other bases are more or less covered or, if the character's stat block is lacking, their personality tends to make up for it for most people. Some more about these archetypes that's spoilery: another good reason to hem close to these archetypes is that, weapon-wise, a Rifle Street Samurai can get three or four Strength relatively easily from items and cyberware and be able to grab a Vindicator (minigun with AoE potential and very high damage, but at an accuracy penalty) for a relatively cheap 5 to 9 Karma investment and there's a gimmicky pistol called the Slapdash that has a hidden crit modifier that makes it especially potent in the hands of a character with high Pistol skill; as for Mages, one of your teammates eventually gets an ability that creates a leyline at a target location but the teammate himself can't really make good use of it so it's more or less you as a Mage or nothing. Etiquette-wise, depends what you want. If you want to skip fights, get Security and, to a lesser extent, Corporate. If you want to get more money, get Socialite. If you want early dialogue, get Gang. If you want late dialogue, get Academic. If you want to waste Etiquettes, grab Shadowrunner and Street.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Ahundredbux posted:

The NPC shadowrunners that form your party are mostly built pretty suboptimally and need buffs to function, which makes Dietrich almost required unless your main character brings good buffs.

Also, don't play on Hard. The game is RNG-heavy as it is, and Hard makes your attacks less accurate.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Wizard Styles posted:

The NPC shadowrunners that form your party are mostly built pretty suboptimally and need buffs to function, which makes Dietrich almost required unless your main character brings good buffs.
Eiger is awesome. Use the sniper perk tree and watch her one-shot enemies over half the map.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Wizard Styles posted:

Also, don't play on Hard. The game is RNG-heavy as it is, and Hard makes your attacks less accurate.

They're not hyper-optimized, but they're perfectly competent and get some unique perks.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Maybe it's because I did make the mistake of playing the first half of Dragonfall on Hard, but I wasn't impressed with any of them. Eiger was better than the others, but they were all outclassed by available merc choices.

On Normal, they were okay, but the few times I didn't have Dietrich along for buffs I definitely noticed his absence. Glory was pretty much dead weight without him.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 16, 2016

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Wizard Styles posted:

Maybe it's because I did make the mistake of playing the first half of Dragonfall on Hard, but I wasn't impressed with any of them. Eiger was better than the others, but they were all outclassed by available merc choices.

On Normal, they were okay, but the few times I didn't have Dietrich along for buffs I definitely noticed his absence. Glory was pretty much dead weight without him.

I played on Hard and they were totally fine, the only non-companion I ever used was Lucky Strike and I didn't bring her every time either.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gonna repost something I posted in the regular Shadowrun Returns thread, with some amendments.

Can I make a hybrid build of Mage + Decking since you always have a datajack? Are there stats that synergize, or are they kind of down separate specializations?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

The White Dragon posted:

Can I make a hybrid build of Mage + Decking since you always have a datajack? Are there stats that synergize, or are they kind of down separate specializations?
You could try it, there are spells that require int, but the main casting stat is will. Decking synergizes way better with rigging.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

You don't always have a Datajack, you just start with one free of charge if you put one point in Decking or Rigging at character creation. Unfortunately, if you want to run a Mage/Decker character in Dragonfall, you'll have to take a .5 Essence hit for said Datajack. This will reduce your max Spellbook slots by 1 and add 1 turn to all of your spell cooldowns. I've heard it's not a deal breaker in terms of effectiveness (and once you're down the .5 Essence, you might as well get another .5 worth of Cyberware installed to round down to 5 sharp) but caveat emptor and all that. Not sure what you mean by "stats that synergize", can you elaborate?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Not sure what you mean by "stats that synergize", can you elaborate?

Basically what Panic said, spells that use Int instead of Willpower. I just wanna be a Technomancer :(

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Ah, then no, Int is just a prerequisite. That said, though, if you're set on technomancing, go nuts. The extra cooldown turn won't kill you.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anything for Freedom Wars?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

FRACT OSC

- Turn on auto-run.
- If you find an object or location that displays something when you activate interact mode, but can't actually be interacted with, take a screenshot -- you'll need that information later.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

Basically what Panic said, spells that use Int instead of Willpower. I just wanna be a Technomancer :(
Hong Kong lets you technomage a little better because 3 ranks in cyberware gives you 1 Essence back, negating the datajack hit.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Anything more for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? Specifically how height/weight impact play? I like to make the most visually inappropriate character possible for games like this, so what will what appears to be a 10-year-old girl do to combat if I want to be a fighter?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Kruller posted:

Anything more for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? Specifically how height/weight impact play? I like to make the most visually inappropriate character possible for games like this, so what will what appears to be a 10-year-old girl do to combat if I want to be a fighter?

Lighter characters can carry less and are easier to knock down or throw, but their stamina regenerates faster, and visa versa for heavier characters. On top of this there's a couple of spots in the game where a really small character can squeeze through a crevice to get an extra bit of loot or two. In practice a lighter fighter might be weighed down slightly more by heavier armour, since your movement speed relates to how much you're carrying. There's an augment to increase your carry weight which is unlocked by levelling Fighter so it's not a huge problem. In the meantime you can just give your heavy loot to your pawns to carry and it's fine.

Character height and weight doesn't affect damage done or defence in any way, as far as I know.

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
Anything for Battle Brothers?

It seems like it could be a good game, but it is kicking my rear end at every turn. It seems like my dudes are missing a lot and the enemy bandits just constantly hit me with arrows and any attempt to disengage in melee to create distance just gets me hit with attacks of opportunity on top of it all.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Punch Club

First off, if you want to play it but haven't bought it yet the PC version is 50% off. Buy it through tinybuild and use code "ezekiel" at checkout.

Anyway, in no particular order (because I'm not renumbering these).

1.) As soon as you can, sign up for the fighting tournament. Fighting in the tournaments is one of the only way to get points to get skill points. Skill points unlock abilities. Stats lose value every day, abilities last forever. Win or lose, you get points.
2.) Even before that however you'll be asked to choose from three options. "Great Right Hook" is for punching, great for Bear and okay for everything else. "Call me legs" is kicking, good for Tiger and okay for everything else. "But I'm quick!" is phenomenal for Tiger, terrible for Bear and Turtle.
3.) Once per day you can pay $15 for "Hand pads training" or $20 for "Sparring Fight" at the gym with Silver. Do this every day. Hand Pads always gets you 2 skill points. Sparring fight gets you 3 if you win, 1 if you lose. He's got 5 in all stats and the basic Punch/Kick/Dodge/Block.
4.) The Bear/Tiger/Turtle trees are not Strength/Agility/Stamina trees! They are Punch/Kick/Energy trees. Every character will need Agility since it determines your accuracy. If you want to focus strength you will need to keep agility up roughly equal to strength and stamina a few points below it.
5.) Speaking of skill trees, you will not get enough points to get every ability. You will likely not get enough points to max out a single style's abilities. Each unlock costs 1 more point than the last unlock. The good news is it caps at 25 points per ability. The bad news is that it caps at 25 points per ability.
6.) If you buy a skill that replaces a skill you don't have it will purchase the basic skill for free. This allows you to buy things the basic version is a prerequisite for. For example, "Unstoppable" replaces "Backlash." If you buy Unstoppable, it will allow you to buy the perk Technician off of Backlash.
7.) Perks are permanent. Keep that in mind when weighing them. Abilities need to be slotted as Active Skills to work.
8.) You only really want 1-2 attack skills slotted into Active Skills. Each round the game decides if you're going to attack, and if so it will select one of the attack skills.
9.) Time only passes when you are traveling by foot from location to location or engaging in an activity. Moving around a location or just sitting there will not cause time to advance. Traveling by bus takes 0 time. Fighting takes 0 time, and using the "fight" button takes no travel time or cost. Basically, if you aren't traveling by foot or doing an activity that actively spends your hunger or energy gauge time will not pass.
10.) The gym pass ($10) lasts until you leave the gym. Make sure your gauges are full before you go in so you don't throw cash away.
11.) The first time you meet Silver he'll ask you if you want to spar. Don't bother, all it'll do is cost you some health. You aren't going to beat him and it doesn't give you skill points.
12.) All timers aside from stat loss are elapsed time, not day x/day x+1. Which means if you do a once per day activity with a sliver of the day left you can't immediately do the activity again once the day ticks over.
13.) Be polite. It will never lock you into an action and being rude can lock you out of options.
14.) If you have less than $17 and your hunger gauge is mostly empty Mick will feed you. He'll do this 3 times. After that make sure you have food, money for food, or enough energy and hunger to work a job. It is possible in the very early game to make the game impossible to continue.
15.) Working on a car is simply a timer. You will never stop hitting the damned Engine, you simply need to work on it until you're told that should be good enough.
16.) Energy is vitally important. Every action you take, whether attacking, blocking, or dodging eats energy. Even getting hit takes energy. If you take a hit when you have 0 energy you'll get knocked down and take a lot of damage. On the flip side, if you hit your opponent at 0 energy they'll get knocked down and take a lot of damage.
17.) After you win two tournament fights go into the gym and help the dude out. Ultimate Fighting may sound scary, but it'll get you skill points and once you hit yellow $150+ per won fight.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Kruller posted:

One caveat to what the good doctor posted: the only appreciable difference between huge tallfat characters and little 60kg pipsqueaks is how much poo poo they can carry. The hole-exploring, wind-pushing, and even stamina pool vs regen aspects are either incidental or so small as to be pretty negligible. Big characters can grapple larger enemies easier as well, and carry small enemies faster, but grappling isn't something anyone would build a character around. Making your characters look just the way you like is half the fun and should be your primary concern in character creation; height and weight are a distant second.

10-year-old girls wielding massive gently caress off swords is actually one of the more common kinds of pawn in the Rift, but hey whatever hunts your pack.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

Anything for Freedom Wars?

-You can revive your teammates at a distance using your Thorn. Don't do it the normal way unless you're sure you're not going to get the poo poo shot/beaten out of you.
-Orders are useful and you should be using them, especially for your accessory.
-If your accessory gets taken, you'll be stuck with a lovely spare, so go save them ASAP.
-The lives counter only applies to player characters, not A.I. ones. If your A.I. teammates are down and you can't reach them before they respawn, it's not the end of the world.
-Get a partner during the second half of the game because, unless you're willing to hold off on the aesthetic entitlements in the game and pour your EP into your party members' equipment entitlements, your rear end is going to get kicked.
-Barbara's Easy Blaster is king poo poo if cared for correctly, but as long as you know what you're doing, any weapon will do.
-There are guides available about how to create something called a "late-bloomer" weapon. This won't matter until the post-game because that's when you should (hopefully) have your weapon development facilities at the maximum level to create them in the first place. It's long, tedious bullshit, but the results will speak for themselves if you can pull it off. Otherwise, you can afford to cut some corners and end up with just a great weapon.
-The special operations are the high risk, high reward missions of the game. The easiest one to finish is the one in Jakarta and it gives you 10,000 entitlement points for about five minutes worth of effort. Get a buddy/buddies and run it a bunch if you want the most effective grind in the game. As long as you live long enough to finish it, anyway; it's still a special op and they don't gently caress around.

If you have any other questions, and you might because there's probably something I missed, I'm all ears.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've put a good 20 hours into Binding of Isaac but the way people who know about that game talk, it sounds like a foreign language, I'm having a blast just running through the levels shooting stuff but I feel there is a bunch of hidden knowledge that would make me a more efficient player. Anything a new player should know about gameplay interactions etc?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Ramagamma posted:

I've put a good 20 hours into Binding of Isaac but the way people who know about that game talk, it sounds like a foreign language, I'm having a blast just running through the levels shooting stuff but I feel there is a bunch of hidden knowledge that would make me a more efficient player. Anything a new player should know about gameplay interactions etc?

You may have figured some (or most) of this out after 20 hours, but heres a few things for Binding of Issac: Rebirth (I dont have the afterbirth expansion because it still isnt out on PS4). I am far from a master of this game, but I've played it a shitload.

The main helpful "hidden" thing is knowing that the secret room is connected to multiple rooms, all of which must give possible access (eg the wall joined to the secret room cant be blocked by rocks or whatever). Its usually 3 rooms, if not then 4, if not 3 or 4 then 2. This can be very handy if one of those rooms is a treasure room/shop and you have lots of bombs and no keys.

Similarly the super secret room is only ever joined to 1 room, and its usually as close to the boss room as it can be (although not always), and again the joining wall cant be blocked with anything.

The main way to improve your chances of getting a devil room is to avoid being hit at all on the floor, particularly by the boss. There are other modifiers (blowing up beggers or shopkeepers for example), but avoiding taking red heart damage (IIRC) is one of the biggest. If you see a devil room and dont trade hearts for anything in it, you have a chance to spawn an angel room on the next level. Again, there are other modifiers for an angel room (donating to the donation machine or donating to a coin begger until he gives you an item and fucks off), and I dont think its ever guaranteed (unless you have the goat head item).

On that note, donating to the donation machine unlocks a few good items (the candles). Do not donate over 999 coins, 999 coins in the machine is the last unlock, putting in one more resets it to 0. If you dont reset it you can always bomb it to get coins out (note the number on the machine goes down by more than the coins you get if you do this).

Try the Challenges, they vary from fun to unbearable poo poo, but they are all beatable and some let you practise with item interactions you wouldnt have necessarily seen otherwise. In some cases I beat them by using a dice room to reroll the manditory items into some crazy overpowered build or by transforming into Guppy, but it still counts.

Worth mentioning I suppose; If you havent seen it already, a Guppy transformation is achieved by picking up 3 "guppy" items in one playthrough. They are the Dead Cat, Guppys Head, Guppys Paw, Guppys hairball, Guppys Tail, and Guppys Collar. As guppy you can fly and hits on enemies generate blue flies. There is also a "Lord of the Flies" transformation for getting 3 fly items but it isnt nearly as good. If you can be guppy, you should be guppy. Taking an early Dead Cat is hellish if you are a new player but with practice having one heart isnt a big deal.

Not all characters are created equal, some are legit better than others, some have an advantage/disadvantage that you prefer to another. After 20 hours, you've probably unlocked a few of them? If not you will eventually through more or less normal play.

Aside from that, I'd say just play around and see what items you like and which you dont, what works well with what and so on. If there are some items you hate (for me its cursed eye) learn what they look like and avoid them.

Isaac is absolutely not a game where you need to pick up every item you see. if you like what you currently have, you dont need to pick up something that replaces it.

"Soy Milk" is loving terrible 99% of the time. Opinion is divided whether thats a bug or deliberate. Either way its probably not getting fixed. It increases your RoF while dropping your damage, but the 2 arent equal so even if you hit with every tear your dps is worse than it was without it.

There are a bunch of people who make really informative BoI videos on youtube. Ask in the BoI thread if you want links, I havent watched them myself, but I have heard they are good.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 18, 2016

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wow Sikboy thanks

the one thing I would love is if there was a youtube video with every single item in the game and a short demonstration but I guess thats infeasible since there are so many items and combining them has so many effects

Cheers for the write up though, I had no idea that things influenced the deal with the devils/angels!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

No problem. I dont know about videos, but for quite a few hours I played BoI with the wiki open next to me because I'd pick something up and want to know what the hell it was because it didnt have an immediately obvious effect and the pick up flavour text was unhelpful. Plus I couldnt remember what half the drat cards did from their name/description. Can be very helpful if you dont recognise something in the devil room to find out what the hell it is BEFORE paying 3 hearts for it.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Item_Pool has all the items seperated into where they are found, picture, brief description and link to a full wiki page on each. Their wiki page normally lists positive and negative interactions with other items.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

PJOmega posted:

Anyway, in no particular order (because I'm not renumbering these).

Why did you number them in the first place? I only ask because I just took all of the numbers out anyway, when copying them to the wiki.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Centipeed posted:

Why did you number them in the first place? I only ask because I just took all of the numbers out anyway, when copying them to the wiki.

Because I'm insane and thought it'd be a good way to organize them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Any other tips for Super Marion RPG besides the ones on the page? Does Jump really make you punch to the point where it is worthless to stack level-up into attack?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Any other tips for Super Marion RPG besides the ones on the page? Does Jump really make you punch to the point where it is worthless to stack level-up into attack?

Mario's ability Super Jump increases in power the more you use it, it doesn't boost other attacks. Don't worry about it. It's an easy enough game that cheesing this only matters if you're going after the super boss. I didn't know about it until a few years ago.

Regarding the level up bonuses, they balance out so there's always a great bonus in one area (+3 or +4), a good bonus in another (+2), and an average bonus (+1) each level. There's no reason not to pick the highest bonus for that level unless you're min/maxing which again, isn't necessary.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

There's no reason not to pick the highest bonus for that level unless you're min/maxing which again, isn't necessary.

iirc the bonuses "build up" if you neglect them for a while. If you always take Attack, it'll be crap +1/+0 boosts, but HP and Special will both have built up to tantalizing bonuses to encourage you to take them. Rest easy knowing that as a kid, I was really dumb and thought HP was the most important of stats. I took 29 levels of HP for gently caress-all benefit and the game was still beatable with only some trouble, and I was even able to beat the superboss.

I think the gap is two levels? So if you wanted to maximize all your gains, you would just cycle through HP -> Power -> Special until the cap. Though to this day, I don't understand why they put a level cap into the game, it's like the most unnecessary thing.

unless super marion rpg is actually a thing, in which case i'll feel kinda stupid

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 20, 2016

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

iirc the bonuses "build up" if you neglect them for a while. If you always take Attack, it'll be crap +1/+0 boosts, but HP and Special will both have built up to tantalizing bonuses to encourage you to take them. Rest easy knowing that as a kid, I was really dumb and thought HP was the most important of stats. I took 29 levels of HP for gently caress-all benefit and the game was still beatable with only some trouble, and I was even able to beat the superboss.

I think the gap is two levels? So if you wanted to maximize all your gains, you would just cycle through HP -> Power -> Special until the cap. Though to this day, I don't understand why they put a level cap into the game, it's like the most unnecessary thing.

unless super marion rpg is actually a thing, in which case i'll feel kinda stupid

Another thing I learned when I heard about the jump boost, the stat boosts per level and level bonuses are set in stone so you always get max attack on levels 3, 6, 9 and max hp on levels 4, 7, 10 and so on. I thought they balanced themselves out as well but nope, it's a straight up pattern.

Just another reason why you shouldn't worry about maxing your character, the game makes it really difficult to screw yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

The White Dragon posted:

super marion rpg
That is a pretty odd way to refer to Atelier Ayesha, if not inaccurate