Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dsriggs posted:

You'd HAVE to be racist to not like the push of Roman "apparently got Hero's spot in the Shield"

yo gently caress wwe for putting someone they thought had a bright future in the company into a position to succeed over that fat guy with attitude problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

There's gotta be a reason people hate the guy who puts out so many high quality matches yet forgive others for poor promos or a lame push by just blaming WWE.

I usually go with "wow, people who hate Roman Reigns are stupid."

You might be right about them being racist instead.

Look how fast "smart" fans turned on Rey Rey for "always having the same match" while far worse wrestlers like Edge, RVD, and Jericho are still tolerated. The theory is a good one IMO

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

yo gently caress wwe for putting someone they thought had a bright future in the company into a position to succeed over that fat guy with attitude problems

Who was suggested by CM Punk and never actually in the group, and this was all well before the debut. That and the group went in a different direction than the stuff Punk was involved with so who knows why people even bring it up. It's evidence for the stupid theory rather than the racism theory though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hero's fat as gently caress and can do a moonsault, if you can't see why that has more future than Roman Reigns then I don't know what to tell you.

Edit: Also if Reigns wasn't in the group then I don't think the Shield would have been as well protected. If Chris Hero, John Moxley and Tyler Black said they weren't going to do the job to John Cena I imagine they would have just squashed them and labelled them as having an attitude problem.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 16, 2016

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I was just putting reasons why some people wouldn't be fans of Roman, rather than "Hurr, brown man win belt, booo!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

I was just putting reasons why some people wouldn't be fans of Roman, rather than "Hurr, brown man win belt, booo!"

We get that but since those are things that are either fantasies or would be handwaved away for other wrestlers you are onto something here.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Do people actually hate Roman Reigns though? I mean I have no enthusiasm for him whatsoever but I couldn't work up that much energy to hate him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there are a lot of people that hate roman reigns for one reason or another (racism, misandry, etc...)

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hero's fat as gently caress and can do a moonsault, if you can't see why that has more future than Roman Reigns then I don't know what to tell you.

i want to clear the air here and say that i love chris hero and his weight problem dearly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hate every promo he does but he does good stiff hoss-offs and actually made me care about multiple Sheamus matches

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

there are a lot of people that hate roman reigns for one reason or another (racism, misandry, etc...)

I for one hate Roman Reigns for being a male champion in WWE's male division.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Gonzo McFee posted:

Edit: Also if Reigns wasn't in the group then I don't think the Shield would have been as well protected. If Chris Hero, John Moxley and Tyler Black said they weren't going to do the job to John Cena I imagine they would have just squashed them and labelled them as having an attitude problem.

this just in: fat athlete with a decade of wear and tear has more future than a fresh football star with movie star looks and a family history of wrestling

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

let's not get carried away here, someone who couldn't hack it on a practice squad is not a football star.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ostentatious posted:

let's not get carried away here, someone who couldn't hack it on a practice squad is not a football star.

He was a college star at UGA. His inability to have the slightest measure of success at the pro level after that is just the result of how much more difficult it is at the pro level.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VileLL posted:

this just in: fat athlete with a decade of wear and tear has more future than a fresh football star with movie star looks and a family history of wrestling

I don't even get the football player dig.

There are 3 common athletic backgrounds that pro wrestlers tend to come from. Football, amateur wrestling, or bodybuilding.

Lesnar played in high school and professionally. Rhodes played football in college. So did Austin. Rock. Orton. Funk. Flair. Mongo. Goldberg.

Why on earth is it a negative that someone played football?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ayn rand hand job posted:

I don't even get the football player dig.

There are 3 common athletic backgrounds that pro wrestlers tend to come from. Football, amateur wrestling, or bodybuilding.

Lesnar played in high school and professionally. Rhodes played football in college. So did Austin. Rock. Orton. Funk. Flair. Mongo. Goldberg.

Why on earth is it a negative that someone played football?

The WWE have kinda gone on about his football pedigree even though he only ever made a practice squad. They also talk more about Lesnars achievements as an amateur wrestler and in the UFC than they do about him playing football in high school.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

There's gotta be a reason people hate the guy who puts out so many high quality matches yet forgive others for poor promos or a lame push by just blaming WWE.

I like your cut of the jib

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

do people here actively hate roman reigns based on his entire body of work? that's kinda silly

I think he's fine, but his promos are absolute garbage and that is mostly WWE creative's fault

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VileLL posted:

Perhaps you didn't read correctly. He's a fat gently caress who does fat gently caress moonsaults. Roman can't compete.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

People of color who would be a better champion than Roman Reigns, right now:

Big E
Kofi Kingston
Titus O'Neal
Kalisto
Apollo Crews
Hideo Itami
Sasha Banks
Asuka
The Usos, but they freebird it LayCool style
Stardust (assuming you count silver and black as colors)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gonzo McFee posted:

Perhaps you didn't read correctly. He's a fat gently caress who does fat gently caress moonsaults. Roman can't compete.

are his fat moonsaults as good as Bam Bam or KO's fat moonsaults?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

are his fat moonsaults as good as Bam Bam or KO's fat moonsaults?

No, as they are fatter.

Hero does however show off more flesh, which adds to his fat gently caress moonsault score as you can really appreciate how fat he is as he flips.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Reigns would be instantly loved by everyone if he punched out Frank the Clown.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I would love Roman Reigns if, in the Wrestlemania match vs HHH, he spears him 50+ times

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ringsideconfessions forcing PSP into a dialogue about race relations :wtc:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Big E
Kofi Kingston
Titus O'Neal
Kalisto
Apollo Crews
Hideo Itami
Sasha Banks
Asuka
Sami Zayn

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

@GREATBLACKOTAKU

Booker T

Ganondorf

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

poo poo I forgot he was Syrian

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

super macho dude posted:

ringsideconfessions forcing PSP into a dialogue about race relations :wtc:

I agree that we should just get rid of psp.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MassRafTer posted:

I hate Roman Reigns because I'm racist against people who are, or could easily pass as, white, this is also why I hate John Cena

it checks out

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im ehhhhhhhhhh on roman reigns and hate the usos but love new day and r-truth idk where this puts me although i guess new day and r-truth rap+dance for the white man's enjoyment so im back to Racist Square One again

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
remember the blue contacts?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just saw a commercial for Zoolander 2 and I'm like 99% sure the guy taking the selfie was Tyler Breeze.

Edit: This isn't the WWE Discussion thread.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 17, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I agree that we should just get rid of psp.

No, it's my favorite modern handheld

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If wishing Roman would fail because he's been booked horribly and made a complete fool out of himself multiple times makes me a racist, fit me for my spooky ghost robes and give me Seth's Nazi Girlfriend's number.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Teddybear posted:

Big E
Kofi Kingston
Titus O'Neal
Kalisto
Apollo Crews
Hideo Itami
Sasha Banks
Asuka

Where's R Truth, you loving racist?

Also, I think Roman Reigns is mediocre as gently caress and I mostly hate him because of his booking and the way the company has sabotaged the rest of their roster for over a year to try and get him over as the next big thing even though he's only on about the Ryback level of talent.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

hes white sorry

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
its 2016 and basically everyone that isn't explicitly black or asian is white because thats just how lazy everyone is

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Gonzo McFee posted:

No, as they are fatter.

Hero does however show off more flesh, which adds to his fat gently caress moonsault score as you can really appreciate how fat he is as he flips.

he's no american balloon

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He's no Blue Meanie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Under the vegetable posted:

he's no american balloon

American Balloon would be the biggest draw in America in the right hands. I'd buy a ticket to see those tits flip around like the meaty windsocks they are.