Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo that's the super Zeltrax design from the crossover with Go-Busters and the past Dino teams. Kinda sad they don't call out the fact that it's ole Smithy, but it'd be kind of ridiculous for the dude to survive AGAIN.

...wonder if we'll get any actors to show up for a surprise cameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Morby posted:

I did enjoy the episode with the girl and the cactus. That was pretty great. And also the episode where Houka plans to get married.
I found the cactus episode and sweet jesus I kind of want to watch it given how goofy it was in the first 30 seconds.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Testekill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXpnA_ilNMs

The new villain for Dino Super Charge seems like the smarmiest dick and I love it.
Is it just me or does the human half look like he'd fit right in an episode of Doctor Who?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Testekill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXpnA_ilNMs

The new villain for Dino Super Charge seems like the smarmiest dick and I love it.

Also worth noting that his monster form is from the Kyoryuger VS movie(at least if I'm remembering correctly)

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Burkion posted:

Holy poo poo that's the super Zeltrax design from the crossover with Go-Busters and the past Dino teams. Kinda sad they don't call out the fact that it's ole Smithy, but it'd be kind of ridiculous for the dude to survive AGAIN.

...wonder if we'll get any actors to show up for a surprise cameo.

That's kinda astonishing to think on when you consider the stock footage they've basically tossed aside. Like yeah, they did that with Sledge, but it would have been easy to use Endolf, and I was sure that was the way they were going with it.

But nope, they use the movie costume. As for the rest of the trailer, I like how they're taking the setup. Its interesting to keep in mind that whilst Sledge was an ambitious dick, he was also a bounty hunter that probably did go after some of the universe's worst villains since hey, they'd have the highest bounties. So the idea of having held someone even worse than him on his ship is pretty understandable.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Astro Nut posted:

That's kinda astonishing to think on when you consider the stock footage they've basically tossed aside. Like yeah, they did that with Sledge, but it would have been easy to use Endolf, and I was sure that was the way they were going with it.

But nope, they use the movie costume. As for the rest of the trailer, I like how they're taking the setup. Its interesting to keep in mind that whilst Sledge was an ambitious dick, he was also a bounty hunter that probably did go after some of the universe's worst villains since hey, they'd have the highest bounties. So the idea of having held someone even worse than him on his ship is pretty understandable.

It looks like Endolf will be showing up in Super Charge anyway though if the toyline is anything to go by, his name is Shinge apparently. Honestly though, he'd probably be a better choice for Heckyl's monster form rather than Zeltrax/Geldon but I'm sure they'll make it work.

Besides, even if Sledge is dead his henchmen are probably going to survive as there's still too much Sentai footage of them left in the series to justify cutting them out entirely.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think the folks who were involved with the show posted here, is that Power Rangers podcast officially defunct? According to my app it's been ten months since the last episode.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MisterBibs posted:

I think the folks who were involved with the show posted here, is that Power Rangers podcast officially defunct? According to my app it's been ten months since the last episode.

I don't like to say "officially defunct" but Wade kinda fell off the map, and Burk and I have been busy. We would still like to continue at some point; it's just getting back into the routine that's giving us fits.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
80 pages of 30 year olds sperging about power rangers. this is worse than that sardine thread.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Unlucky posted:

80 pages of 30 year olds sperging about power rangers. this is worse than that sardine thread.

Feel free to..not read it?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Got bad news for you, weird guy. There's a whole second thread about the same thing that's in it's third iteration.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I don't normally link to Cracked articles...but The Power Rangers Curse

I think the only one in there that really surprised me was the guy who played Richie. Remember Richie? Bye Richie....

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

jivjov posted:

I don't normally link to Cracked articles...but The Power Rangers Curse

I think the only one in there that really surprised me was the guy who played Richie. Remember Richie? Bye Richie....

Reading that, you'd almost think that cancer is a widespread problem. But nah, it's probably just the power rangers curse.

The little soccer boy is kind of funny?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, the only thing I could think of when reading that article was "wow, some people you last heard of 20 years ago got cancer?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On better news, Dino Super Charge just started, no alteration to the theme song, just different footage used and it's cool as heck. I'm still watching but Snyde is fun as hell as a villain, great follow up to Sledge.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Thunder Zord is $200. It's very pretty though. It's just...I'm cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?yC4CTEp1sNU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RBX posted:

The Thunder Zord is $200. It's very pretty though. It's just...I'm cheap.

If its like the other Legacy Zords, it'll pop up for cheaper in a few months. Probably $150 by May

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I didn't think it was possible, but I'm actually excited for this movie now!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

JT Smiley posted:

I didn't think it was possible, but I'm actually excited for this movie now!

I was scrolling down on Facebook, saw it, and let out an involuntary "What?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Who?"

One IMDB later...

"Effie???"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

At least she'll be used to ridiculous hair.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I actually might watch Ninja Steel because the suits are great but everything else about Ninninger is trash so Power Rangers might actually be better than the Sentai for the first time since RPM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

for the first time since RPM.
Christ, has it actually been that long since we had a decent PR series?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

Christ, has it actually been that long since we had a decent PR series?

The only PR series since RPM are Samurai, Megaforce and Dino Charge.

So yes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dino Charge is better than decent, it's pretty great. Judd Lynn is bringing a lot of fun into it, specially with the villains now that the main bad dude is a schemer named Heckle that plots to get the energems just by swiping them with some plan while he works at the museum restaurant with the rangers, but that dude also has a second personality, Snide, that takes over at random and wants a more direct approach to getting the energems so they both trip each other's plots over and over.

I'd say if Lynn keeps the director role for Ninja Steel then that show'll be fun too, the premise is already pretty great.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The difference is that Kyoryuger is good while Ninninger... It's not a hard act to top. Also, it's kinda funny that the villains for Ninja Steel are intergalactic game show hosts, isn't that what the Juuohger villains are?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Intergalactic gamers. Subtle difference.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Heck the Game Show part could be used to explain the overly red centric footage they have to use(and Gold being antagonistic for a while), if the Game Show applies to the Rangers and not just the monsters, could see Red being characterized as being over competitive

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Some Numbers posted:

Intergalactic gamers. Subtle difference.

They should have done a straight up video game sentai instead of animals again. Yeah, Megaranger, but video games have changed quite a bit since the 90s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Raserys posted:

They should have done a straight up video game sentai instead of animals again. Yeah, Megaranger, but video games have changed quite a bit since the 90s

Then they announce that the Red Ranger is the Smartphone Ranger and we get another sentai that's all about Red. :smith:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Sentai is always about Red. Red is the locus of destiny, always. Like, is there a Sentai where Red isn't either the leader or the guy who has enough guts/sheer stupidity to get things done? Reds are important enough for a whole new person to be incarnated from their fighting spirits, and his name is just Red in two languages. AkaRed is that fuckin' red, man.

Yeah, sometimes the other cast is featured more than other shows, but these shows are always about the guy in the red suit in the end.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One of the first Sentai to really push Red above the others was Maskman, where you could easily just edit out the other heroes and make it solely about the Red Ranger.

Lord knows they basically did that with the first episode.

I think it's worse now adays though, because the writing should be so much better.

One nice thing about MMPR I guess is White Ranger took over the main focus role!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Jason never got that much focus as red and once Tommy showed up the show basically became all about him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The one exception to the series being entirely Red-centric I can think of is Dairanger...where the focus was instead on the green, ShishiRanger (hilariously named Daigo, as if predicting Kyoryuger many years later), and later switched hard to KibaRanger...who was so loving annoying that I had to stop watching and never returned. I wouldn't be surprised if it became more RyuuRanger-centric afterwards, though.

Gokaiger also became quite Silver-centric at one point, to the point that it was Gai that gave the final blow of the series, but apart from that Marvelous clearly commanded the spotlight. Which was cool, because Marvelous is cool as hell, and the others still got a lot of chances to shine and be awesome.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The one exception to the series being entirely Red-centric I can think of is Dairanger...where the focus was instead on the green, ShishiRanger (hilariously named Daigo, as if predicting Kyoryuger many years later), and later switched hard to KibaRanger...who was so loving annoying that I had to stop watching and never returned. I wouldn't be surprised if it became more RyuuRanger-centric afterwards, though.

Gokaiger also became quite Silver-centric at one point, to the point that it was Gai that gave the final blow of the series, but apart from that Marvelous clearly commanded the spotlight. Which was cool, because Marvelous is cool as hell, and the others still got a lot of chances to shine and be awesome.

It's typical for Sixth's to get a few episodes of focus when they're first introduced iirc, but Gokaiger wasn't all that Red-centric or Sixth-centric in general.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Dairanger was totally Ryuu-centric. It just suffered from being a lovely 90's kids show and didn't have a real throughline like we're used to now, but it's pretty obvious if you look at the story hooks laced in the series. He gets the (awesome) recurring rival, his background is an important early-run plot hook, the series quite literally begins with him joining the team.

But yes, Tengensei "works in a pet shop feeding kitties and then beating people up while screaming Kujaku" Daigo got a lot of screentime for whatever reason. I guess back then, they were better at subplotting the characters, but really atrocious at the overall storylines. Dairanger did a lot of interesting things, but it didn't do many of them very well...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Zyuranger at least to the point where I'm at has been pretty good about spreading the focus between each teammate(although Dan has definitely had the least so far), also the heavy usage of "kid of the week" plots isn't really that annoying, as they put a lot into showing that the Zyurangers are friends with the children of Japan and thus have a good reason to care about their issues beyond it usually involving a Dora Monster

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

MMPR was pretty varied but I thought Jason was pretty much perfect as a leader and Tommy being forced into the spot annoyed 5 year old me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RBX posted:

MMPR was pretty varied but I thought Jason was pretty much perfect as a leader and Tommy being forced into the spot annoyed 5 year old me.

Green Tommy never seemed like the leader to me. Just the guy they needed for some brute force.