Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That number change makes me way happier than it should. I am all about matching team numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

That number change makes me way happier than it should. I am all about matching team numbers.

The #44 has looked strange to me in the Petty font since I first saw it in the opening montage to NASCAR Racing 2, but yes, I agree about the change as I'm irrationally OCD about car numbering.

I just wish Hendrick would've kept the 25 for Chase because it'd have been nice to see that number back and drat, was that whole paint scheme good.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

Something tells me the #24 is not long for this world.

They've already done a ton of photos with Chase and his #24 chevy. It'd be kind of weird to change it now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

They've already done a ton of photos with Chase and his #24 chevy. It'd be kind of weird to change it now.

Eh, there were photos of Gordon with the 42 (?) the winter before he started, too

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGf4FVoo-Wg

:smith:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
gently caress yeah, explosions.

Edit: Wait, did someone die in that video?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mischief posted:

gently caress yeah, explosions.

Edit: Wait, did someone die in that video?

The home of super dirt week

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
in other dirt news Eldora polled as fan favorite track for 2015

no surprise there, but one of the top 15 sure was :getin:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

in other dirt news Eldora polled as fan favorite track for 2015

no surprise there, but one of the top 15 sure was :getin:

Wow 14th? Congrats

:smugbird: We're so good we're on there at 10th AND 11th.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Haha, yeah I did a double take on that one too.

I had no idea there were people other than myself who were rabid nerds about Middletown, but here we are. The last 20 years has been hard as gently caress watching my second home basically dying of cancer, but 2014 started a turnaround (well 2010 ESW and Friesen's antics helped) that picked up incredible steam through 2015. Now OCFS is considered one of, if not the, best track for mods there is in terms of competition, car counts and prize money.

It's been loving wild to watch and in this era it's a complete anomaly for a track on death's door in a built up area to not only survive, but turn around and thrive. loving amazing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Also, Chili Bowl is on this weekend on MAVTV. I'll be watching and most likely I'll be in IRC, anyone else gonna watch it?

~350 cars entered last I checked

e- 342 cars as of 1/7/16

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

Whoops! From Jayski (lol), a bit of box art showing the #9 as the #44. Wonder who has the #9 now?
I'd like to think that Richard Petty disowned Kyle, and adopted Brian Scott as the true heir to the Petty empire.

I'd also like to think that Brian Scott will grow a moustache, get a cowboy hat and boots and emulate Richard Petty in every sense, ala Junior in Smokey and the Bandit.

Brian wrecks a car, Richard calls him a sumbitch, everyone laughs.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

I've been watching Cup races from 1998 this offseason and tweeting updates with the driver's handles.

Today, I actually got a couple responses from DW, Jeremy Mayfield, Todd Bodine, and Kenny Wallace.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Y'all know what's in a month right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcaT-mS2JNM

Anyone working on a new thread, so I can post about how much I hate everyone involved in the year 2016?

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 13, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Clicked link with only one expectation was not disappointed.

Technically one month 8 days.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How do you embed Tweets? I found this interesting:

@MikeJoy500 You’d be surprised if you knew how small the actual purse is. That why we don’t promote it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

15 years of "Turn left, Dale"?

CBJSprague24 posted:

How do you embed Tweets? I found this interesting:

@MikeJoy500 You’d be surprised if you knew how small the actual purse is. That why we don’t promote it.

Enclose the direct tweet link in url tags

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 13, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ayn rand hand job posted:

15 years of "Turn left, Dale"?

15 years of "race the truck, Dale"?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
15 years of Digger Rigs

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Peanut President posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcaT-mS2JNM

Anyone working on a new thread, so I can post about how much I hate everyone involved in the year 2016?

I have a 2015 Cup season in review coming together. ;)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol a certain someone on Facebook is the best for showing me this

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

lol a certain someone on Facebook is the best for showing me this

What am I looking at? I mean I know it's Earnhardt going through inspection, but what exactly?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Peanut President posted:

What am I looking at? I mean I know it's Earnhardt going through inspection, but what exactly?

Height rules, so look at the foot.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BMB5150 posted:

Height rules, so look at the foot.

Nice one.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Just as a follow up, I have the 2016 OP just about done, looking to post sometime this weekend.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Got a title in mind? If not how about "NASCAR 2016 (Spring): Are You Ready For Some Baseball?"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

LASTCAR posted:

Just as a follow up, I have the 2016 OP just about done, looking to post sometime this weekend.

Might want to pop into the Skype group if you get a chance. Kidc's working on some graphics for an OP you might be able to use, as well as an amazing thread title.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

Might want to pop into the Skype group if you get a chance. Kidc's working on some graphics for an OP you might be able to use, as well as an amazing thread title.

That would be great, because graphics are the only thing I haven't done. I'm working night shift today and tomorrow so Sunday's my first day open. If you want I can PM what I've done so far.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Uh, Tony?

Get out of the stands, Tony

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tony did nothing wrong.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Somebody was also DQed from the Chili Bowl for posing as another driver.

It was not Tony Stewart.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Tony gonna give zero fucks all year

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Maybe he'll outperform Danica in a few races. It could be a tight battle for 28th in the standings. The fire is in him again.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
From what I'm hearing from people there, fat dude is a Tulsa cop. Drunk as gently caress, been there all week harassing Tony. Smoke is in the stands signing autographs and dude is in the vicinity, so Smoke calls him out. Then the video picks up. If that's true, management dropped the ball big time, but Tony looks a bit better.

Of course it's on CNN and he's a rabid murderer who charged the stands in a roid rage.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

VikingSkull posted:

From what I'm hearing from people there, fat dude is a Tulsa cop. Drunk as gently caress, been there all week harassing Tony. Smoke is in the stands signing autographs and dude is in the vicinity, so Smoke calls him out. Then the video picks up. If that's true, management dropped the ball big time, but Tony looks a bit better.

Of course it's on CNN and he's a rabid murderer who charged the stands in a roid rage.

I saw another upload of the same video titled something like Tony Stewart Confronts Fan After Getting Flipped Off so whatever happened it sounds like Tony was goaded into that reaction one way or another.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

So you're telling me that the murderer Tony Stewart assaulted a police officer.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

ayn rand hand job posted:

So you're telling me that the murderer Tony Stewart assaulted a police officer.

Tony "The Butcher" Stewart is an unstoppable machine that must be stopped :O

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
RACE CARS ON MY TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
flip every car

• Locked thread