Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I would be straight blown the gently caress away if they don't total it. Gray belts? I'll see what I can do :v:. There's a couple more things I need to grab that I forgot earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well technically mine are charcoal but I really don't care about the color at this point. I already have mismatched front and rear seats whats some extra color?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

kastein posted:

This is where I do my "just put new tires on" testing, at about 2AM when there is no traffic:

Just add another 1-2mph every loop around till the tires start talking.

I've taken that upper left hand corner at 50 in an XJ on 235/75R15 mud tires. It's fun.

e: fixed tables

:whatup:

those ramps are the only redeeming thing about that entire junction, but everyone of them is incredible so long as you have nobody in front of you and the MA State Police aren't parked there as they often are. another favorite on the way to work is the 114 east to 128 north ramp in Peabody, its got a nice bank to it and plenty of space/no guardrails or anything obstructing vision. Unfortunately it's one of those onramps on the old section of 128 where more than 50% of other drivers will come to a stop at the end instead of using the ramp to enable you merge into traffic without any drama...that poo poo is absolutely infuriating especially if I'm in the Miata.

doesn't look like much but if you nail it right you'll feel like you just got slingshoted off an aircraft carrier.

Fleet: '16 daily FiST, '90 hoopty Miata, '91 dead head 190E (now gone)

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 9, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So cold this morning, the frost is even sticking to the tires.

I didn't have the truck plugged in like an rear end in a top hat, -31*c cold start. I let off the first time because i thought it caught. i have the door open so you can hear the lovely ford power steering pump. you know the truck is warmed up when you can no longer hear it from inside the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWDRTnkXwo4

Still the best $750 i've ever spent.

edit:

scrappy little mutt. almost got stuck at the end of that road. it just clawed back up the hill at idle.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 9, 2016

blk
Dec 19, 2009
The truck was $750? How much have you put in in parts?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blk posted:

The truck was $750? How much have you put in in parts?

$599 on exterior bits. that's front/rear bumper, box, hood, and a fender.
$399 into the interior, which includes complete sound deadening, a full stereo, and heated leather seats(which i still have to wire up)
$488 in maintinence, All of the maintinence is just oil, shocks, brakes, and batteries.
$650 in winter wheels/tires/spacers.

so just under 3 grand into it so far. I can still part it out for way more than i've got into it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734747

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Ladies and gentlemen, I've domesticated myself.

Traded my Maxima for a 2011 Edge. We took a 1000 mile trip over the holidays with our baby, and there was basically zero space left inside the Max. Time for something bigger.

It's a 2wd SEL trim with Entertainment, Leather, and towing packages. It also has lights in the footwells and cupholders:

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
Scat Pack club! I went with the TR6060 trans, but that ZF 8spd is certainly a gem.

Separated at birth but twice the weight and nearly 4X the torque. My Neon ACRs can finally be retired from DD status.

:perfect:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

OneOverZero posted:

Scat Pack club! I went with the TR6060 trans, but that ZF 8spd is certainly a gem.

Separated at birth but twice the weight and nearly 4X the torque. My Neon ACRs can finally be retired from DD status.

How do you find the weight of clutch/shifter?

Good choice of colour. In my browsing drat near every dealers stocks almost nothing but sublime green and black.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OneOverZero posted:

I need to know more about those Neons. :allears:

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS

El Scotch posted:

How do you find the weight of clutch/shifter?

Good choice of colour. In my browsing drat near every dealers stocks almost nothing but sublime green and black.
Shift feel on the '15+ TR6060s is excellent. I had the same trans in a '15 R/T (mourn ya til I join ya) and it's the same firm engagement that I somewhat remember. The clutch is very well-weighted and proportional, though my only gripe is that the gas/brake spacing is such that you can't heel-toe. Regardless, it was convincing enough to sway me away from the better fuel economy and quicker performance of the eight-speed auto.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I need to know more about those Neons. :allears:
My tale of increasingly sparse yard parking :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

OneOverZero posted:

Shift feel on the '15+ TR6060s is excellent. I had the same trans in a '15 R/T (mourn ya til I join ya) and it's the same firm engagement that I somewhat remember. The clutch is very well-weighted and proportional, though my only gripe is that the gas/brake spacing is such that you can't heel-toe. Regardless, it was convincing enough to sway me away from the better fuel economy and quicker performance of the eight-speed auto.

My tale of increasingly sparse yard parking :v:

The clutch setup in my Viper is different, but the TR-6060 is the same box. It's not a Swiss rifle bolt like an R8 or anything like that, but I agree with you - it has a solid, positive engagement and it's easy to drive hard. I have found that the OEM fluid Chrysler uses isn't up to the task though. Royal Purple made the tranny work much better while on the track.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wish Dodge offered an adaptive cruise + manual combo like Ford does. :v:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Thinking of selling the polished wheels and either getting the OEM magnesium or Z06 wheels.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

opengl128 posted:

Thinking of selling the polished wheels and either getting the OEM magnesium or Z06 wheels.

I've always liked the look of those. I wonder if you could just matte the surface with an acid wash or blast.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Das Volk posted:

I've always liked the look of those. I wonder if you could just matte the surface with an acid wash or blast.

There's also a painted version of the same wheel, I bet I could find somebody to trade with me.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

opengl128 posted:

I've got the same color C5 and always wanted the magnesium wheels but figured it wasn't worth the trouble swapping or trying to sell mine since I've got a little road rash on one.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

opengl128 posted:

That's the exact move I pulled on my C6, switching to painted OEM instead of polished. To me, it makes the car look 100% better.
Before:

After:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That looks tons better. I bet I can find some codger on corvette forums to do a swap. Though maybe not, his diaper-dried baby wouldn't be :qq: all matching :qq: anymore:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Winter driving with a 3.0 24v GTV6:

Weather:

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 18, 2016

Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

Wee! I finally have decent pictures I can post!
1998 Lexus GS300. I bought it almost 4 years ago from the original owner with 76k miles on it. Spent its entire life in Florida.

Nothing much done to it mechanically other than the coilover suspension and catback exhaust.

Wheels are 18x8 in the front and 18x9.5 in the back.

That's my '99 Yamaha VMax under the cover there for the Cycle Asylum folk.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

opengl128 posted:

That looks tons better. I bet I can find some codger on corvette forums to do a swap. Though maybe not, his diaper-dried baby wouldn't be :qq: all matching :qq: anymore:

I was able to find these on CL for $400 or so, and the chromes are going to a buddy of mine for his '02 Trans Am WS6, which has poor condition polished stock wheels on it right now.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Ninja: Oops, wrong tab.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I got a Donald Trump Wig and an external mic for my GoPro, wired my M3 for sound and then drove through some tunnels.

https://vimeo.com/150190642

I got a Donald Trump Wig and an external mic for my GoPro, wired my M3 for sound and then drove through some tunnels down some roads/on ramps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15XUGqMsGNg

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

DoLittle posted:

I'm not going to lie. Your car gives me a boner and I am super jealous.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Bracing for the "historical" blizzard we have coming to DC:

The cold weather has been freezing the check valve on my compressor so I sometimes have to sit in my driveway for quite some time before I can air up.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Is that a Tig or Tourg?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

veedubfreak posted:

Is that a Tig or Tourg?

Tig, and it looks awesome down!

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

meatpimp posted:

Tig, and it looks awesome down!

Thanks so much! Luckily I took my other wheels off before we started getting snow, because the tires were so bad.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bojanglesworth posted:

Thanks so much! Luckily I took my other wheels off before we started getting snow, because the tires were so bad.

Haha.

Jesus Christ.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DoLittle posted:

This car is beautiful and you're beautiful for driving it. :swoon:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Bojanglesworth posted:

Someone in town does this to their CC and it is a riot

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Washed and waxed my car. :toot:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
We got a new* car! 2014 Fiesta ST.

*to us

blk
Dec 19, 2009

the spyder posted:

We got a new* car! 2014 Fiesta ST.

*to us

Well done!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That thing probably has less miles on it than my MS3 did when I bought it, it still counts as new enough.

One of these days I'll convince the wife to trade the CR-V for another hot hatch, now that our kid is forward-facing... one of these days.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The RS is going to have :laffo: markups here when dealers get a hold of them.

Pity.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I don't care, I think this car sounds pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR3r_MGLG8M

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Took the new ho out today to get her a wash and a little bit of sun. Also got a couple pics of her:

She was reluctant to let me get any from what she calls her "bad side" but I still got 2:

In all seriousness these bodily imperfections are driving me batty and any advice would be great.

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

DoLittle posted:

Weather:

SOOOO loving cold and I'm not talking about the snow. Holy poo poo, nice car.