Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is it a fat joke to point out how Ben can barely touch his hands together and probably needs assistance to wipe his own rear end?

Good thing he is married then. Of course, that means he has to wipe hers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

surc posted:

I was gonna snipe this page, but I missed. Going down in history anyway!

Immersive pre-flight stretches

What anime is this> Seems like a gundam anime?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ravane posted:

What anime is this> Seems like a gundam anime?

Patlabor: The Movie, I think.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Is it a fat joke to say that seeing Ben's weight gain over the last 2 years was one of my major inspirations to go on a Keto diet in the Fall of last year? Because it totally was- I'm not close to that size, but I'd put on a lot of weight over the last decade of desk jobitude and I never want to feel the way he looks like he feels, all the time. I am currently down about 30 pounds from my start point and feeling pretty good about it.

Anyway Dolvak is a tool. Hi Dolvak! How does it feel to read every page even though you viscerally hate every one of us, and then go to reddit and pretend to be impartial knowing that is the most transparent lie imaginable? Why does the fat shaming bother you Dolvak? Are you super fat, Dolvak? When was the last time you saw your penis, Dolvak? Journalists are on the line waiting for this information.

Way to go dude, losing 30 pounds takes some work. I hold out hope that Ben will quit CIG, write a tell all book and go make a weight loss thread in SA's YLLS/TFLC fitness sub forums. Getting fit is completely possible for people that heavy, SA has a few success stories from people even heavier last I checked. I lost over 100 several years ago because of the information and support on those boards

I think the "power" and "status" of being king poo poo of a (sad, broken) community prevents any possible change for Ben. From some of his moderator posts that end up here you can tell he really loving relishes that illusion of authority and influence. Still i agree with GORF he is ultimately tragic as hell and hope he can salvage his real life after the fantasy goes up in flames

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been wary of making comments about his weight and staying out of personal issues like that, but it'd be irresponsible if his employer didn't intervene. I work in a different field, but it's similar (tightly knit creative biz) and I thank my boss (and mentor) for basically ordering me to eat right and exercise. And my weight problem was on the opposite end.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

redwalrus posted:

I recently visited CIG at their Los Angeles studio and got a look at their game development in action.

I stopped by the Austin headquarters recently.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wow, I can't believe they managed to get it down to only a single dumpster.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
can someone repost the hitler video? i cannot find it for the life of me.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

Oh yes they are ! To the point where the Emporers vessel is docked in Wilmslow for three quarters of every month until it's ready.
Ironically, the only reason anything at all has been done thus far is because the clueless gently caress has been tucked nicely out of the way stateside or in one of his many mo cap studios.
With him around micromanaging everything at F42 production will now grind to a juddering halt and key people will start to leave the UK outfit.
Man, that sucks all around.

I've said it before but drat, if there's a scenario where Foundry can succeed while Chris and Sandi fail, that's the one I'm rooting for.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

There's no way their egos could let that happen.

The only thing that might save save F42 is there's no loving way Sandi would ever live in Manchester. It's basically bizzaro world LA, the exact opposite in every meaningful sense.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 17, 2016

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

star citizen, where reddit mods brag about doxing people over the idea of a spaceship game

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

There's no way their egos could let that happen.

The only thing that might save save F42 is there's no loving way Sandi would ever live in Manchester. It's basically bizzaro world LA, the exact opposite in every meaningful sense.

Pretty much. Unless she gets into stage acting.

Lol

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
Holy poo poo... What happened since I was gone... Would someone be so polite as to catch me up on about the past 5 days?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

redwalrus posted:

star citizen, where reddit mods brag about doxing people over the idea of a spaceship game

I'm still loling over him being pissed that his proof isn't being validated meanwhile beers emails gets ignored.

gently caress you Dolvak.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ffycchi posted:

Holy poo poo... What happened since I was gone... Would someone be so polite as to catch me up on about the past 5 days?

A French magazine wrote a 12 page article talking poo poo about Croberts and sc that goons are still translating and reddit refuses to beleive it's a negative article even though it's glaringly obvious it is.

Also you can buy fish but the game doesn't support having more than one in a tank. Seriously.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Marching Powder posted:

can someone repost the hitler video? i cannot find it for the life of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqnrJsyoRY

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Romes128 posted:

A French magazine wrote a 12 page article talking poo poo about Croberts and sc that goons are still translating and reddit refuses to beleive it's a negative article even though it's glaringly obvious it is.

Also you can buy fish but the game doesn't support having more than one in a tank. Seriously.

lol really? That's it? More of the same, reddit being ignorant, oh, and who the gently caress is dolyak, and why should I care?

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Translation:
- OK, let's take off!
- Go!
- :gary: Spaceship noises :yarg:
- Nothing?
- Well, I just buy another ship to test. :shepspends:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

me going to work irl

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ffycchi posted:

lol really? That's it? More of the same, reddit being ignorant, oh, and who the gently caress is dolyak, and why should I care?

Some dude that's mad at goons cause he posted "proof" that sa doxxes people that was called fake, yet wouldn't validate beers emails with Sandi.

Everyone at INN sounds like a bunch of whiney little bitches that pout when they don't get their way but ignore everyone else when the same standard is held against them. They also look like pasty white overgrown man children. Lol.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:eyepop:

quoting for prosperity

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Romes128 posted:

Pretty much. Unless she gets into stage acting.

Lol
No way, there's no camera to mug.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

that looks like poo poo

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Starcitizen: that looks like poo poo

Starcitizen: GE OUTR OF MY drat SHIP rear end in a top hat

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 17, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What is the bottom right display and why does it take up so much space?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Kavak posted:

That's the MMO.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kavak posted:

Chris Roberts' archenemy

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Daztek posted:

Chris Roberts' archenemy

Communication

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Raskolnikov posted:

Communication

:golfclap:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Has someone made a french version of the "Caught Up With This Thread" gif?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It looks like it's supposed to be fighter command. I assume that's going to be there even on ships without fighters? And why are their no top and bottom shields? I thought this was a simulation, where's the Z-axis?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41bu3u/what_will_crew_do_during_long_flights/

quote:

Let's say to have a fully crewed Freelancer and are heading a few systems over to explore an uncharted planet and, for arguments sake, the journey will take 20 minutes. What are some options planned to keep the kids in the back occupied?

quote:

There should be lots of housekeeping to do like managing jobs, reading the local news, configuring cargo and doing repairs and upkeep.
There will also be mobiglas minigames that can be played in solo or together as a crew.

Chores and minigames.

quote:

sounds like enough time for a quick wank

Hot multicrew action.

quote:

Seems like it would be a good time to connect to Arena Commander and have a quick intra-crew dogfight. Or run a few missions in the latest StarMarine expansion. Get interdicted? Reactor modulator suddenly need repair? Pause, crew to battle stations, or have someone take care of the problem, then get back to the action!

yo dawg

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Do the background radiation level indicators do anything in that cockpit, apart from stimulating whale dreams?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

remember when Karl stopped posting on the subreddit because it wasn't circlejerky enough

lmao

then he got banned from the cig forums :rip:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
oh god my posts arent showing up i think we reached critical mass

e: wait no there it is

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
So I gave up trying to catch up with the thread, anyone with a quick recap of the past 24 hours? :)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Iglocska posted:

So I gave up trying to catch up with the thread, anyone with a quick recap of the past 24 hours? :)

Stuff.

It happened.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

French computer magazine ran an article about Star Citizen, Reddit is in an Egyptian river about its criticisms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

• Locked thread