Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That was for sanity, not reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, I keep waiting for a new SRW game announcement so I can put together a new OP about the exciting future of SRW, but what IS the exciting future of SRW anyway?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, I keep waiting for a new SRW game announcement so I can put together a new OP about the exciting future of SRW, but what IS the exciting future of SRW anyway?

W in glorious HD.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pc steam port of og series

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Luceid posted:

every super robot series has some big incredible thing that makes them the most powerful and coolest and i don't see why this one is any different?

It's not really a preference thing-- it's just a setting thing, like N-Jammers, that requires rewriting the core basics of the plot or using heavy amounts of original crossover elements (like how W had a huge focus on alternate energy sources by the Japanese scientists in the second half due to N-Jammer interference). It's the same coin as "Why does Kira need to pilot the Strike at all?" except the opposite side and slightly more extreme. Remember that scene in Alpha 3 where they made a big deal out of Kira reprogramming the Strike so it could walk on the sand, meanwhile Sandrock and Deathscythe just zoom right past and like 15 super robots and Valkyries passed him overhead? Or remember how the entire plot of Orguss was rewritten for Z to exclude the antagonists from the second half, the primary motivating time factor (runaway greenhouse effect from the Rivalry Zones being impenetrable), the mid-season upgrade for the battleship, and the actual ending?

As I've said twice now, if Dunbine can work, anything can work. I sincerely doubt Muv-Luv would be any less doable.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tae posted:

Pc steam port of og series
It would not be released in Japan (just like apparently the PC port of Dragon's Dogma isn't) and reality would implode on itself.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Nope. Just like Alan Rickman's death, I refuse to accept that at this time. Thank you for your understanding.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nope. Just like Alan Rickman's death, I refuse to accept that at this time. Thank you for your understanding.

By Grabthar's Hammer... what a savings!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
They'll Kickstart a MOBA-shooter, if current trends in the American game industry are anything to go by.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a super robot wars moba would be sort of cool if it was actually decent

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The problem with that caveat is that mobas are inherently bad

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

HitTheTargets posted:

I dunno; it would probably come down to which world-ending hellbot comes online first, EVA-01 or Ideon.

Alpha 3 still had the coolest Third Impact depiction ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeXWWHTxCR4

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
When did Muv-Luv turn into some kind of "undoable" Vifam/Bokurano tier series? You just need a SRW D-like setting with series like Getter Armageddon (another series where mankind is screwed and the bug-aliens are the dominant species on Earth) and you're good to go.

I think the real-life momentum of that series has kind of slowed down by now though. That and "no animated adaptation for the main story which is the one everyone wants" are what I think is the biggest issues since I think the only series that has gotten past that is Crossbone (though I think G Gen helped in that front? The Crossbone Gundam theme must have came from somewhere)

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i don't think anyone was saying it was totally undoable? like yeah there are some hiccups or whatever but i'm sure it'd work fine if they really wanted to and gave a poo poo about it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Davzz posted:

I think the real-life momentum of that series has kind of slowed down by now though. That and "no animated adaptation for the main story which is the one everyone wants" are what I think is the biggest issues since I think the only series that has gotten past that is Crossbone (though I think G Gen helped in that front? The Crossbone Gundam theme must have came from somewhere)

Also, Virtual On: MARZ.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hathaway's Flash are like my top two dream inclusiosn that will never happen.

Imagine Afranchi punching Char.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I want Hathaway's Flash (units only) more than Hathaway's Flash.

Actually just give me the Xi. I don't care about anything else.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

BlitzBlast posted:

I thought I was done with translation projects. :negative:

The text insertion process has been ironed out, so the FMW3 english patch is officially starting.

If you want to help out, go to #touhou on synIRC.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

MOBAs are, at best, alright, it's just the playerbase that's a shitstain on the fabric of society.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Since it seems like there aren't many modern mecha shows that are super popular the way Code Geass and Gurren Lagann were, time to roll that clock back! Introduce Barattack, Albegas, Dorvack, Laserion, just go hog wild digging in the archives. :getin:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The text insertion process has been ironed out, so the FMW3 english patch is officially starting.

If you want to help out, go to #touhou on synIRC.

Thanks for doing this, a friend was asking me recently about SRPGs to play on PC in English and I recommended FMW 1 to them but they were a bit hesitant since 2 wasn't even close to done yet.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
FMW2 has its entire main script and all of its menus translated, so it's done as far as we're concerned.

Here's the initial "menu patch" for FMW3. Thanks to Sanbondo changing things up we couldn't actually translate any of the main menus, but all of the skills/items/spirits/ability/danmaku descriptions are in english now. And really, if you're three games in you should know how the menus work.

laith_rem
May 9, 2015
Super Robot Wars OG Moon Dwellers, I think that's the name at least, is coming

More Here

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

PS3/PS4? Nice. Also a teaser coming out tomorrow night.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Well, you guys have been griping about wanting J in OG forever. There you go!

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Wait, hold on. Is that Soul Saber from GC in the lower left of the group of robots?

It is!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Hokuto posted:

Well, you guys have been griping about wanting J in OG forever. There you go!

is that the revlius/mist rex's robot on the bottom left

TheMajinZenki
Aug 17, 2005

I kind of wonder why there's no number in this game's title. Is it a side story/spin off?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
from the usual flying get sources

- Two routes, Touya and Calvina

- In this world they are twins.

- Touya's will be designed for new players

- SR points not connected to route split

- 70% complete

- official announcement and trailer on the 21st

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 19, 2016

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

from the usual flying get sources

- Two routes, Touya and Calvina

- In this world they are twins.

Is this saying the J originals are twins or is it explaining how GC's originals coexist (like they did with R)? I never played to the end of J but the former doesn't sound like it'd really fit.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Is this saying the J originals are twins or is it explaining how GC's originals coexist (like they did with R)? I never played to the end of J but the former doesn't sound like it'd really fit.
They are saying that they are changing the characters' backstory so they are twins, that's all I know.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If Touya's route is designed for new player, couldn't they translated it (I know they won't, but I can still dream dammit).

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

They are saying that they are changing the characters' backstory so they are twins, that's all I know.

i wonder how that's gonna work- i guess they're probably gonna age touya up to calvina's age since it's not like his high school background ever matters ever while calvina's matters a ton and would make no sense otherwise

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I was hoping for all three Powerpuff Girls but I suppose I can't blame them for cutting it down to one, or a "main" one and having the two others simply be background characters.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
It's the GC characters being the twins as how they were in XO, not the J ones.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Daler Mehndi posted:

I was hoping for all three Powerpuff Girls but I suppose I can't blame them for cutting it down to one, or a "main" one and having the two others simply be background characters.
If you mean Katia, Melia and Tania, it says they are there as Touya's sub-pilots.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 19, 2016

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you mean Katia, Melia and Tania, it says they are there as Touya's sub-pilots.
Yes, that's who I meant. I saw Melia but I was worried the other two weren't included. Okay! That's good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

ssmagus posted:

It's the GC characters being the twins as how they were in XO, not the J ones.

Yeah, the GC originals are much like Raul and Fiona in that they have the same last name and look similar to each other but don't exist in the other MC's route. It is obviously them that are the twins, not Touya and Calvina.

• Locked thread