Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I mean look at this line of BBC logos, look at it

All of the DVD releases since the BBC changed their logo (from just the white letters to the current purple one) have double-sided covers, with the other side having the old logo so the spines match up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I mean look at this line of BBC logos, look at it

You've just ruined Christmas.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just like my comics:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Tomtrek posted:

All of the DVD releases since the BBC changed their logo (from just the white letters to the current purple one) have double-sided covers, with the other side having the old logo so the spines match up!

[Vince McMahon reaction gif]

Rhyno posted:

You've just ruined Christmas.

CHRISTMAS IS SAVED

[edit]

AND SLIGHTLY OUT OF FOCUS

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The SciFi society I'm on the email list for has sent out its first schedule of term. There's two Judge Dredd based things (including the excellent Dredd) and... episode one of The Curse of Peladon. Double u tee eff

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tomtrek posted:

:aaa:

God bless the BBC and their understanding of what spergs they know their fanbase to be :sweatdrop:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Post of the century right there

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You guys wanna bitch about spines not lining up?

ANARCHY

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

This is the only thing that should be allowed to come before the start of any BBC home viewing media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8jf_93Lv8

ahhh, that's the stuff

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

My collection lines up beautifully:

:smug:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

And More posted:

My collection lines up beautifully:

:smug:

I don't see a proper collection, all I see is revival episodes :smugdog:

vvv This but the other way around

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 17, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ugh, why do you place garbage like "Midnight" next to brilliance like "Forest of the Dead"

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I don't see a proper collection, all I see is revival episodes :smugdog:

vvv This but the other way around

I think that collection is somewhere on some hard drive next to a folder labelled "Dongs" :wink: (It's because I keep backup copies, you see.)

Toxxupation posted:

ugh, why do you place garbage like "Midnight" next to brilliance like "Forest of the Dead"

You of all people should know that it just wouldn't be Doctor Who if every episode was amazing. :colbert:

And More fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 17, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

This is the only thing that should be allowed to come before the start of any BBC home viewing media

ahhh, that's the stuff

ah man it's like being a kid all over again

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

When scientists unearth two seed pods deep in the arctic permafrost, the Doctor and Sarah Jane rush to investigate. Soon the Doctor's worst fears are confirmed: the pods house Krynoids, one of the most parasitic and dangerous life forms in the universe. One of the creatures has already infected a scientist, and how a hideous monster is rampaging through the base, intent on total destruction.

When the second pod is stolen amidst the escalating carnage, it is transported into the hands of insane botanist Harrison Chase. From his mansion in England, the plant-obsessed Chase will allow the pod to split open. Both the ruthless millionaire and the rapidly growing carnivorous Krynoid are intent on infecting and destroying our entire world.

Tom Baker is the Doctor in The Seeds of Doom.

X X X X X

Cast
Doctor Who - Tom Baker
Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen
Harrison Chase - Tony Beckley
Scorby - John Challis
Arnold Keeler - Mark Jones
John Stevenson - Hubert Rees
Charles Winlett - John Gleeson
Derek Moberley - Michael McStay
Richard Dunbar - Kenneth Gilbert
Sir Colin Thackeray - Michael Barrington
Hargreaves - Seymour Green
Amelia Ducat - Sylvia Coleridge
Guard Leader - David Masterman
Doctor Chester - Ian Fairbairn
Chauffeur - Alan Chuntz
Guard - Harry Fielder
Major Beresford - John Acheson
Sergeant Henderson - Ray Barron
Krynoid Voice - Mark Jones

Producer: Phillip Hinchcliffe
Writer: Robert Stewart Banks
Director: Douglas Camfield
Original Broadcast: 31 January – 6 March 1976

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOD_2YPfpk

X X X X X

The Seeds of Doom is serial neatly divided into two sections. It packs a fast moving script, great characters backed with solid acting, and some of the most disturbing images in the history of Doctor Who, all of these coming together to provide one of the best stories not only of Tom Baker's run, but in the entirety of Doctor Who's time on television.

The World Ecology Bureau has something that might be of interest to the Doctor. A scientific expedition to Antarctica has discovered some sort of plant pod buried in the permafrost. The Doctor identifies it as extraterrestrial in origin and heads to the research station, Sarah Jane Smith at his side. The Doctor's not the only one taking a trip to the frozen continent. Environmentalist millionaire Harrison Chase has dispatched the hired gun Scorby to retrieve the pod for his own personal collection. But there's another player in this drama – the pod itself contains the genetic material to grow a Krynoid, an intergalactic weed that quickly overruns a planet's ecosystem while consuming all animal life in the process. All the pod needs to gestate is a little bit of heat and a warm-blooded host...

The Hand of Fear was supposed to be the six-part season finale for Doctor Who's thirteenth season, but Philip Hinchcliffe was concerned that there were too many problems with the serial that couldn't be resolved before production began. With that in mind, Hinchcliffe turned to Robert Stewart Banks, who had penned Terror of the Zygons, to write a back-up story in case The Hand of Fear couldn't be brought to production in time. Banks ended up submitting his script, called The Seeds of Doom, in an incredibly short amount of time. Even with the quick turnaround, both Hinchcliffe and Robert Holmes were very impressed with the script. The Hand of Fear was pushed back to season 14 (eventually becoming that season's second story) and The Seeds of Doom went into production as the season finale.

There is a lot to love about Banks' script. It continues the Hinchcliffe/Holmes era's tendency to draw upon other stories and genres, cherry picking the best aspects of each and combining them together. The Seeds of Doom pulls from Howard Hawks' classic sci-fi movie The Thing From Another World with its Antarctic setting (with an assist from HP Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness), and combines it with the alien body horror of Nigel Keane's The Quatermass Experiment, throwing in a hint of The Avengers along the way as it borrows from an episode where an alien plant takes over the mind of an insane aristocrat. There's no winking references or shout-outs to these stories as there would be in today's meta-heavy storytelling. The Seeds of Doom simply takes the best parts and combines them into something horrifying. And indeed, Mary Whitehouse had a field day with this one.

quote:

Strangulation – by hand, by claw, by obscene vegetable matter – is the latest gimmick, sufficiently close up so they get the point. And just for a little variety show the children how to make a Molotov Cocktail.

It's strange that Whitehouse focuses on the violence within The Seeds of Doom, considering there's no moment of extreme violence like the gunshot wound and blood spray from the previous story, The Brain of Morbius. To me, the singular most horrifying moment of the story came when a UNIT soldier was fed into a compost machine, complete with a close-up of its spinning teeth mixed with an uncaring Chase staring callously at the results. You don't see anything, but the direction from Douglas Camfield (this would be his last directing job on Doctor Who, having directed eight stories going all the way back to The Crusade) puts the viewer as close to the terror as one can get without actually being smothered in vegetation. The concept of being attacked by plant life is a bit silly, but Camfield plays is completely straight – branches are breaking through windows, Sarah Jane is wrapped up in vines, and Scorby is drowned after being held underwater by large leaves. The special effects crew does a very good job at making it look like the plants are alive and truly trying to kill all humans. And then there's the true horror of The Seeds of Doom – the slow transformation of two characters into Krynoids.

In Planet of Evil, the transformation of the lead scientist into a Hyde-like creature occurred with a bit of facial makeup and glowing red eyes. The Seeds of Doom goes the opposite direction. Once infected by the Krynoid, the infection takes hold slowly, spreading across the victim's body like Kudzu weed. Camfield and the special effect crew don't pull any punches, lingering on the infected areas so the viewer can see the full effects of the Krynoid. It's very unsettling, especially since the victims are still alive and full aware of their decaying mental and physical state the whole time until their final transformation ala the infected from the video game The Last of Us. To me, that's much more horrifying than Molotov Cocktails or a Krynoid being blown-up.

The supporting cast is this one is wide and varied, and to touch upon all of them would take too much space. I can say that there's nary a weak link in the bunch. The crew of the Antarctic science station, the servants of Harrison Chase, the World Ecology Bureau, even the non-Brigadier/Benton/Yates UNIT squad all add to the story by their presence. The two Krynoid victims lie at opposite ends of the spectrum. Winlett is the first to be infected by the pod, and John Gleeson (who played a Thal soldier in Genesis of the Daleks) plays him as confused, not knowing what's happening to him and easily succumbing to the weed, becoming a violent monster in the process. On the other side, Mark Jones' Keeler, a quasi-moral scientist under Chase's employ, knows exactly what's happening to him, begging Chase and Sarah Jane for help as he slowly becomes a Krynoid...and beyond.

Tony Beckley (best known for the original 1969 version of The Italian Job) starts off as a bit camp, almost like a scenery chewing 1970's era Bond villain with Chase's talk about plants being superior than humanity and how the trimming of a bonsai tree is akin to bodily mutilation. As the story progresses however, Chase becomes much more chilling. Beginning with his refusal to take an infected Keeler to the hospital so he can observe the effects of the Krynoid's infection, Chase slowly loses his emotions, dispassionately talking about how the world will be made perfect once covered by the Krynoid and feeding a UNIT soldier into the compost machine (and trying to feed Sarah Jane at one point) without a second thought.

The highlight of the secondary cast is easily Scorby, Harrison Chase's hired gun, played by John Challis who is best known for playing the part of Boycie in the long-running BBC sitcom Only Fools and Horses. Scorby is the typical mercenary in that he's tough and all gung-ho when things are going his way and bullies his victims when he has the upper hand upon them, but easily falls to pieces when the chips are down. Challis plays the role with such relish. He doesn't get the one-liners or high speeches that other characters do but Scorby still commands the screen every time he's on it. He's the “Total Package” when it comes to henchman, and I was actually kind of bummed when he was drowned at the hands of Kyrnoid-controlled leaves. And I can't believe I just typed that sentence.

There are still a few damsel in distress moments (the third episode cliffhanger is a particular nail biter) for Sarah Jane Smith, but for the most part Elisabeth Sladen's character holds her own against the secondary cast. Her scenes opposite Scorby are a particular delight as both of them go back and forth, Scorby showing her no respect and Sarah Jane showing him no fear. By this point in her travels with the Fourth Doctor Sarah Jane is being written as almost the Doctor's equal, or as close as a human could be to a Time Lord. The Seeds of Doom is a very good capsule that captures the magic that made the Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane one of the most memorable duos in the show's history. As a note, this story was to be the last story for Sarah Jane Smith, as Lis Sladen's popularity was leading her to having to turn down more and more television roles as well as a part in a movie. However, she stayed on for seven more months because of her interest in filming the next serial, season fourteen's opener The Masque of Mandragora, and would depart at the end of the following story, the finally produced The Hand of Fear.

The Fourth Doctor isn't really concerned about the World Ecology Bureau until the possibility comes up that the plant pod might be extraterrestrial. Then he leaps into action. It's a sign of Hinchcliffe's efforts to fully separate the Doctor and his time as a scientific advisor to UNIY. Indeed, this would be the last time UNIT officially showed up in a Doctor Who story until 1989 in the Seventh Doctor story Battlefield. Tom Baker's portrayal of the Doctor in this story shows just how concerned he is at the possible destruction of Earth at the hands of the Krynoid. Even his attempts at humor come off as deadly serious (”If we don't find that pod before it germinates, it'll be the end of everything. Everything, you understand? Even your pension!”). There's also a bit more violence on the part of this Doctor that we've seen in previous stories, including a fist fight with Chase to save Sarah Jane and his skylight entrance at the beginning of the fourth episode. We do get a little bit of padding as the Doctor will often escape from his captors by shouldering through them and taking off down the garden path, but it's not enough to truly be noticed as Baker keeps the story's energy up, including his own banter with Scorby (”I warn you Doctor, I'm not a patient man.” “Well your candor does you credit!”).

When I first saw that The Seeds of Doom was a six-parter, I cringed a bit. How the heck could a story about killer plants cover six episodes? I was pleasantly surprised as the first two episodes set in the Antarctic rolled right into the final four episode set in an English manor without any let up. Fast-paced, packed with great performances, and absolutely horrifying, there's a reason The Seeds of Doom is rightly considered a classic story after all these years.

Random Thoughts
- Due to the quick turnaround on this story, the costume for the humanoid form of the Krynoid is an Axon costume from the Third Doctor story The Claws of Axos that was spray-painted green.
- After years of use and abuse, the TARDIS prop used for its exterior finally collapsed, apparently with Baker and Sladen inside! A new exterior box was created for the following story.
- Robert Stewart Banks passed away on 14 January, 2016. RIP.

Cobi's SynopsisThe Seeds of Doom borrows from various sources to provide a serial with great performances across the board as well as some of the most skin-crawling images in the history of the show.

Next up - Between palace intrigue, the machinations of a sinister cult and a rogue fragment of Helix energy, the Fourth Doctor andSarah have their hands full...

Tom Baker is the Doctor in...The Masque of Mandragora.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Seeds of Doom really is great, it moves at such a good pace and like you said you don't really feel like it's six episodes long. That's helped by the 2 episode "mini-story" that sets the scene before moving the action to Chase's manor, you don't have time to get bored of the setting.

On a tangential note, the last time I watched this I also watched The End of Time at around roughly the same time, so I kinda got this concept mixed up in my head:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Seeds of Doom really holds up, and I found Chase fascinating.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How did I never notice the Krynoid suit was a repainted Axonite suit?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

CaptainYesterday posted:

Even if Queen Elizabeth II, Barack Obama, and Vladimir Putin have a three-way press conference on every channel to reveal life on Mars and also that Martha Jones is a Rutan

Who the hell is Martha Jones

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

CobiWann posted:

Indeed, this would be the last time UNIT officially showed up in a Doctor Who story until 1989 in the Seventh Doctor story Battlefield.

Well... Not exactly breaking the laws of time, but bending them a little...

Me?! I'm allowed everywhere!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

After The War posted:

Well... Not exactly breaking the laws of time, but bending them a little...

Me?! I'm allowed everywhere!

I love it in The Three Doctors when he meets the Brigadier who immediately begins snapping that the Doctor's been loving about with "that infernal machine of yours", blames him for sending Jo into another dimension and assumes he's the Third Doctor just changed back to the way he used to look. And refuses to accept Benton's attempts to explain the situation.

Benton: What about our Doctor, sir? Don't you want him back?
Brigadier: Enough of that nonsense, Benton. I've got him back. As long as he does the job, he can wear what face he likes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Long post, because I have so little time for posting anymore, so I have to post all at once:

For Big Finish folks:

I got new headphones for Christmas, and that means I've been back on Big Finish!

Jago and Lightfoot has been pretty solid through season 1. Watch The Talons of Weng-Chiang to make sure Jago doesn't annoy you (I imagine he will annoy some people), and if he doesn't, you will find every single moment of the series a delight. It, Gallifrey and Unbound make for my top 3 recommendations so far in terms of the Big Finish lines aside from the main line (putting it ahead of the Eighth Doctor Adventures).

The main line trilogy (132-135) with Six and Jaime, well, not Jaime, really, but the fictionalized version of Jaime as concocted by Zoe was absolutely bonkers, and I can only recommend it if you like bizarre, Jasper Fforde-y interpretations of stuff. The Twilight Zone twist, which hits at the end of part 2 (and there's another in part 3) is going to justifiably be irritating to a lot of people (particularly after the long tease between Six and his last companion, and the way that concluded), but I think the acting and the sheer fun of it pays off.

I think I am at the point where I have to recommend avoiding Companion Chronicles with Leela. The frame story, which is depressingly Lidsteresque, has become more and more prominent until it basically eclipses the actual adventures of Leela and Four.

Solitaire, though, was a good one. (Very, very mild spoilers, but just in case) It's a shame the Celestial Toymaker has a lot of racist issues, because there's such a ton that could be done with him, and I'd love to see him return to the televised show. There's a lot about the concept that reminds me of stuff like Labyrinth, or Deep Space Nine's Move Along Home. There's so much room for trippy reality bending, and the weird sort of mixture of fantasy and science fiction that Doctor Who excels at.

Some thoughts on Torchwood (in case your interested in the perspective from a guy who watched it a jillion years after everyone else has had thoughts) :

I also watched all of Torchwood, God help me. Sheesh, you guys had me prepared for four seasons of Kreed of the Kromon. There's been some exaggeration here with regard to Torchwood. The fact of the matter is this:

Episode 1 reveals the show's major problem for the first two seasons: Owen Harper. Even if you ignore the unfortunate decision to have him (I know, I know, sorry if I'm reviving the argument) rape a couple of people as something you have to forget about, the show always wants him to be angry and misunderstood. He's a genius, but he's lashing out as his friends, in ways intentionally designed to turn them away from him, because he's deep, and has secrets, or something. Periodically, they reinvent the reason he's a jerk, and most of them are worse than the previous one. One of them involves him fawwing in wuuuuuuv with a woman for the first time (after knowing her for a couple of days) after living the life of Don Giovanni, and her leaving to do the thing she wants to do. You know there's a problem where the best episode focused on your character is written by Joseph Lidster (and the suicide-focused episode written by Lidster is probably the best he's ever written).

Season 1 is atrocious, though. Just... just a turd. Just awful out there. They decide, halfway through the season, that Gwen (who is really co-protagonist with Jack) is going to have an affair, for no reason with the above rear end in a top hat, and erase her boyfriend's memory after admitting to it. They can't yet figure what to do with Ianto or Toshiko, and the less said about Cyberwoman the episode with that infamous image, the better; it is worse than the image implies. The first season is garbage.

The second season suffers from Owen syndrome. This time there are maybe two characters who have a thing for him, and he is just as gross (it's where they keep trying to find a reason for him to be so insufferable, and they do not succeed in convincing us that those close to him would like him or that we should). The first season does finally start to get good toward the end, when Owen dies (but stays alive, in typical Doctor Who fashion), and at the end, when we begin to delve into Jack's past. In the end, the second season ends up having a middling second half, at least. [spoiler] Of all the unbelievable things the one I can't tolerate at all is how long Jack was buried; he would have been completely insane by the time they unearthed him[/i]

Seasons 3 and 4, though, probably speak better for Russell T. Davies than all of his Doctor Who work. Season 3 in particular is good. It is depressing, and you have to be ready for that, but I don't think it's needless misery porn. It is cynical regarding a lot of things about humanity, certainly, but the theme of it is that Jack Harkness made an awful mistake at a low point in his life, and in trying to atone for it, he faces moral conundrums which force him to make personal sacrifices. I do think his character arc, as compare with the people the season is trying to condemn, is compelling.

Season 4 would almost be better, except that it has two major problems:

1) Bill Pullman's character, and basically everything connected with him. It's no spoiler, as it is revealed right away, to say that his is a person who, without remorse, raped and murdered a teenager. The entire world, within the story, knows about this. The attempt at commentary in which he uses a publicist to attain a position of leadership and authority and builds followers is really heavy-handed and bad. It's a topic upon which it is easy to comment in fiction. There are abusers and predators who are made up to be heroes and have more defenders than they do detractors. Bojack Horseman, the cartoon which includes three kids in a trenchcoat pretending to be a grownup, has more sophisticated commentary on this phenomenon than season 4 of Torchwood.

2) It will come as no surprise to Doctor Who fans that Davies makes too many very direct Holocaust comparisons in his speculative fiction. It's better here than in Turn Left, but it still accomplishes the opposite of its goal by being both a cliche and an insensitive reference to the real world historical scars on our moral consciousness. The shame is that it would only have taken minor adjustments to address the same thing more effectively. It almost works as they do it. You want for it to work, for it to be a cynical look at the way those in power choose who live and who dies to continue comfortable lifestyles, as with season 3, but it's too Concentration Camp.

Aside from those two problems (which are big!), it's actually quite good. It grips you with its central mystery, and has Problem of the Week plots to keep things moving. Overall, its quality, honestly speaking, is often better than the Davies Doctor Who years.

tl;dr:

If you're going to watch Torchwood, start with season 3. A lot of what you need to know is in Doctor Who, and all you really need to know beyond that is that Jack recently underwent a terrible tragedy and left his second-in-command, Gwen, alone for awhile. The rest, frankly, is better ignored. Season 3 will be particularly good, and season 4 is at least good enough to watch.

Thank you for tuning in to Perspectives from Bicyclops: Always a Day Late and Buck Short. More to come whenever I can find the time to post again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

-every person who has spent too much time watching Doctor Who, with maybe the titles reversed if they aren't on board with these two particular (right) examples

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Trin Tragula posted:

ahhh, that's the stuff

It seems a crime to not have Star Hustler on before Doctor Who, but that might have been a public television thing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bicyclops posted:

-every person who has spent too much time watching Doctor Who, with maybe the titles reversed if they aren't on board with these two particular (right) examples

i thought you were a bad person, who thought midnight, was good

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
But midnight WAS good.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Acne Rain posted:

But midnight WAS good.

please do not troll the Doctor Is Who thread in the Television IV, forums poster acne rain!!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

i thought you were a bad person, who thought midnight, was good

I read your post wrong and confused Forest of the Dead for the season 8 episode. Both midnight and Forest of the Dead are good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

please do not troll the Doctor Is Who thread in the Television IV, forums poster acne rain!!!!

You like using the word troll tonight.

I wonder if you'll find a way to work it into the other thread we inexplicably frequent.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I even rewatched Midnight, in fact, to see if I was wrong, but it was still good...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

I even rewatched Midnight, in fact, to see if I was wrong, but it was still good...

Toxx at times dislikes good things and at times dislikes bad things.

When he does this is often random, and which is which is subjective.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Midnight is pretty decent, but it can be uncomfortable to watch.

Dr. Gene Dango MD fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 18, 2016

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Jet Jaguar posted:

It seems a crime to not have Star Hustler on before Doctor Who, but that might have been a public television thing.

Before?! You monster, it belongs right after Doctor Who and just before the station signs off with the National Anthem.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What's weird about Toxx hating it is that part of what makes it good is its placement within the season. Like, in the middle of the fun, Donna and Doctor larking about and the Murray Gold level bombastic Russell T. Davies drama is this Twilight Zone episode, which makes it better if you're binge-watching.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i refuse to seriouspost about doctors, who or otherwise, in this thread but nice try bicyclops

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

i refuse to seriouspost about doctors, who or otherwise, in this thread but nice try bicyclops

What about Mengele? He was a serious doctor. We can talk about him.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

don't see how that guy is relevant to DW, burkion

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My opinion on Torchwood is that every Doctor Who fan needs to watch it, just to know what they're talking about when they say the show had some really stupid ideas in those first two series.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

don't see how that guy is relevant to DW, burkion

You saw Hungry Earth right? I'm pretty sure you reviewed that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Burkion posted: