Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like how the scientist character has a different handicap each episode.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
This is really dumb.

I love it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Amy Smart should get more work

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vomit Cop is the best

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Dario Cueto!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
So, here are the episode summaries provided to the cable guides:

quote:

#1.1: Pilot - The lieutenant is sick about the mayor's blackmailer, so he assigns Angie Tribeca a new partner, Jay Geils, to bring the criminal to justice.

#1.2: The Wedding Planner Did It - The lieutenant is sick about a murdered baker, so Tribeca tracks down the perpetrator before anyone else gets hurt.

#1.3: The Famous Ventriloquist Did It - The lieutenant is sick about a dead ventriloquist, so Tribeca delves into the salacious world of American ventriloquism; trouble brews when Geils reveals he once wanted to be a ventriloquist.

#1.4: The Thumb Affair - A priceless work of art is missing and the lieutenant is extremely sick; Tribeca and Geils search for the stolen painting, but demons from Tribeca's past cause problems.

#1.5: Commissioner Bigfish - Tribeca and Geils poke into a prostitution ring, but the lieutenant is afraid of what they might uncover and orders them to stop.

#1.6: Ferret Royale - Illegal pet ferrets are leaking into California, making the lieutenant even sicker, so Tribeca and Geils follow a trail that leads them to a high stakes poker game.

#1.7: Tribeca's Day Off - Tribeca is ordered to take a day off, while Tanner and Geils solve a murder on a golf course.

#1.8: Murder in the First Class - Another dead passenger arrives at LAX, so the gang goes undercover aboard an airplane to catch the killer in the act; the lieutenant is finally diagnosed with bacterial meningitis .

#1.9: Inside Man - The lieutenant's meningitis is worsening, and he orders Tribeca and Geils to infiltrate a band of British gangsters after they rob a bank, but they somehow get stuck in prison.

#1.10: The One With the Bomb - Geils has been kidnapped and the lieutenant is inches from death; Tribeca will stop at nothing to save the day before time runs out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha it ends on a cliffhanger

Good thing we're getting S2 I guess.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Only 10 episodes is weird!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Codependent Poster posted:

Only 10 episodes is weird!

It's the new normal for many cable and premium stations. It's a way for productions to be a little more cost effective, reduce workload for TV actors who want to do the occasional movie, and showrunners apparently appreciate the tighter parameters they have to tell their story.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I caught like the last three and a half (Tuned in halfway through 7), but I think tomorrow i'll try to catch the rest of them, that was pretty good.

Rashida Jones is a pretty great Leslie Nielsen replacement in this kind of comedy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

It's the new normal for many cable and premium stations. It's a way for productions to be a little more cost effective, reduce workload for TV actors who want to do the occasional movie, and showrunners apparently appreciate the tighter parameters they have to tell their story.

Ah, I knew dramas were like that, but I didn't know they were doing that with comedies too.

This is a good show and scratches that Police Squad! itch really well.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
This show is making me laugh a lot! I DVRed the thing with the live segments, but I'm just fastforwarding through them to get to more of the actual show.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm loving this show. Rashida Jones is perfect for this.

Maxwell Lord posted:

So far it's funny enough but I'm wondering what random brainfart made TBS put it on the air this way.

It's because people love to binge watch TV shows (according to Netflix) so it's a way to get people hooked immediately. They're going to roll out season 2 in the traditional way.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
For some reason its the dog that is killing me. Those jealous looks he gave when the other two started bonding.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
gently caress me that was so so good. Why did I have to look at the IMDB user reviews and message boards though? I can't believe this is going over people's heads so badly. What a loving gem this show turned out to be. Rashida Jones may as well be Frank Drebins daughter.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
It's a picture of a sheep with the words 'That's what sheep said'

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
I'm enjoying the /piss/ out of this. It's like a cross between Leslie Nielsen (mind you, I never liked his work), Pushing Daisies and Arrested Development.

What's the number to call to talk to the cast during this thing? It's goin' another six hours, ain't it?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Uglycat posted:

I'm enjoying the /piss/ out of this. It's like a cross between Leslie Nielsen (mind you, I never liked his work), Pushing Daisies and Arrested Development.

What's the number to call to talk to the cast during this thing? It's goin' another six hours, ain't it?

I believe that they aren't actually live anymore considering the "live" segments have since repeated, unless they're taking breaks in-between?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
well that's dumb.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you don't like this, you don't like fun. Has the consistency that NTSF:SD:SUV:: sometimes lacks, and doesn't wear itself out despite the added runtime. Not quite as farcical as Police Squad!, but that's fine.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the best bit was when for two shots of a scene deon and rashida are replaced with two lookalike actors for no reason

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tuned back just in time for puking cop.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed a lot at Nafan giving the speech from the end of Shawshank in regards to the thumb drive.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Inside the NBA crew doing the live break

Shaq: I'm a cop
Chuck: Not a good one

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Just watched the 2nd episode, that chase montage through all the different weddings at the end just killed me. I'm in tears.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
This show is pretty rad.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Puking cop is always funny.

I really liked this Police Squad! 2.0

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think my favorite character is David Hoffman :allears:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This is extremely funny.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The pilot didn't grab me last night but I dropped back in for the end of the Keegan-Michael Key episode and I'm going into the Bill Murray episode and I'm liking it a lot more.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I thought this would be dumb. But it turns out it's dumb and hilarious!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I kind of want to get an av of David Hoffman smiling in episode one, with "It's a picture of a sheep with the words 'That's what sheep said'" under it because I really like how dumb and silly that line is.

Any thoughts/suggestions? There's a ton of other good lines.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Yep, watched the whole thing last night and this was super fun.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

On episode 3. Fantastic work IMO. Cheek muscles hurt from laughing and smiling so much

E- I can't see the lieutenant as anyone other than Wynn Duffy.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

old dog child posted:

I think my favorite character is David Hoffman :allears:

Not quite as good as Vomit Cop.

I also like the doctor and his new handicap each episode. SLEEP!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Holy poo poo david koechner as a baby was hilarious. Isn't it these 10 episodes and the they start running weekly soon?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The weekly episodes are season 2, which is already finished. They start on Sunday.

This show is fun as hell

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I kind of assumed that the marathon thing was poking fun at the way Law and Order and similar shows get aired in syndication. At least that's the impression I got from the way it was marketed on Facebook.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Are we sure that season two starts next Monday? I've read just that in several places online, but my DVR guide says it's a re-airing of the Pilot, and I just saw an ad on TBS saying the same thing. They each refer to it as a "new" episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Pulp Can Move posted:

Are we sure that season two starts next Monday? I've read just that in several places online, but my DVR guide says it's a re-airing of the Pilot, and I just saw an ad on TBS saying the same thing. They each refer to it as a "new" episode.

That's what Wikipedia said, but since they failed to announce a return date I suspect you're right.

• Locked thread