Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

fuzzknot posted:

:stonk:

NO! This will break the Internet. Time for a new thread.

I will not rest, until I figured out how to do the Eleanor Rigby one best - that one seriously deserves a performance cover. :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

I don't think that dude was found guilty of anything. Sure it looks terrible but you can't ban all employees from working forever because the company they worked for was involved in criminal activities. As CFO he might have noticed something shady but he might not have realized what exactly was going on. poo poo, for all we know he tipped off the financial pigs.

Still, I agree that given the context it sure as hell looks like CIG went shopping for a CFO with a reputation of either being blind or looking the other way.

Don't forget that both his brother Nicholas Elms as well as Erin Roberts were pretty high in the management of Gizmondo as well and both of them are high-ranking individuals in CIG's umbrella of companies.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 18, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

Ahem it wasn't the Sulaco that had the nose art, it was the UD-4L Cheyenne dropship. :colbert:

God damnit. Of course we start talking about the Colonial Marines on the day I don't check the thread.

I am forever missing my window.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Why are your images suddenly huge? Got a 4K monitor?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

BMan posted:

Why are your images suddenly huge? Got a 4K monitor?
I'm using my laptop. Should I timg tag those screencaps?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wonder what the minimum order is if one wanted to flood the Star Citizen market with counterfeits. Send over the jpegs to China to be produced, then ebay them for $2.00

We figured this out a few threads ago. Making exact copies might be hard without the exact files CIG used might be difficult.

But making significantly better quality goon versions that are cheaper than 10bux would be pretty simple (if we got over a hundred of us willing to do it).

FYI these are examples of what you can get in metal business cards:

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

There are a surprising number of cultists defending that article. I really hope itshappening.gif.

There's also a surprising amount of people saying "no way this is getting released in 2016". Hell, a few are saying"The game already sucks/is bad because...".

The tide seems to be turning and once it does, it'll all be over for CIG.

:munch:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I forgot how much of a melt down SC Druggie actually had, it's pretty funny.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nyeehg posted:

There's also a surprising amount of people saying "no way this is getting released in 2016". Hell, a few are saying"The game already sucks/is bad because...".

The tide seems to be turning and once it does, it'll all be over for CIG.

:munch:

People have been saying this about bitcoin for years now yet somehow the thing still chugs along like some retarded mutant refusing to die

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

just want to get in early and say that there's no way I'm forking over any amount of money for a card that affirms that i'm a goon, especially not one with a perverse interest in expensive space jpegs that will never be released

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Pls shut up about BitCoins.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

Be sure to check out their :tinfoil: link

There's a fashion for mixing science and bullshit these days - Ancient Aliens is one such program that my wife watches mainly to piss me off. They'll have a _real scientist_ explaining some part of science or another, then they'll segue to Graham Hancock or another UFOlogy hack to expound the bullshit.

I find this very useful in that context - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

Edit:

serious norman posted:

Pls shut up about BitCoins.

bitcoiner posted:

Yesterday I deposited 1700 dollars from my btc-e account to my metatrader account. When I clicked submit, I got the message "Request error. Please try again later."
However, my account balance turned to zero, like the money had been transferred. As of now (over 24 hours later) the money is nowhere to be seen. Not in my metatrader account, and not in my btc-e account.
I already opened a ticket with support, but it's yet to be answered.
Could this have been caused by and actual error (like a caching error) or was I more likely scammed by the exchange?

The minute you stop people doing that, I'll stop talking about dumb scams.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 18, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bitcoins are hilarious

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735644&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post448776855

:eyepop:

The, erm, email is erm, in the post heh heh

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Maybe they can switch to a new pricing model whereby Chris sits at a chair in front of a computer and people can walk by and drop a few bucks in an old tin can beside him and he will type a few lines of code.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Hahahaha dear lord how can you get that mad at Eonwe? How much worse can a human being self-own?

e: And when you think it can't get any funnier he closes his SA history with a picture of his firearms collection. Is this the original Dark Knight of Star Citizen? :laugh:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 18, 2016

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Mirificus posted:

I'm using my laptop. Should I timg tag those screencaps?

Yeah, or zoom to 50% when taking screenshots.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Holy poo poo, I hadn't read that before. That's loving hilarious.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Eonwe posted:

bitcoins are hilarious

yeah but there are like 3 threads about it already. If it becomes a payment method in SC then I will Lol though.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPsXkn_V9U

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

AP posted:

loving Basic Posting Etiquette.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gilganixon posted:

just want to get in early and say that there's no way I'm forking over any amount of money for a card that affirms that i'm a goon, especially not one with a perverse interest in expensive space jpegs that will never be released

I would totally buy an SA card. Bitches love black cards (or so I was told :smithicide:).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

Hahahaha dear lord how can you get that mad at Eonwe? How much worse can a human being self-own?

e: And when you think it can't get any funnier he closes his SA history with a picture of his firearms collection. Is this the original Dark Knight of Star Citizen? :laugh:
Isn't SC_Druggie/Balalaika a she?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

flyboi posted:

People have been saying this about bitcoin for years now yet somehow the thing still chugs along like some retarded mutant refusing to die

Doesn't that have to do with organized crime and the like using it?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Good satire speaks from, and to, reality.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CrazyLoon posted:

I will not rest, until I figured out how to do the Eleanor Rigby one best - that one seriously deserves a performance cover. :toxx:

Would you even have to rewrite Eleanor Rigby to make it fit SC? :raise:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

Crazy people be crazy, who knows?

Note this is $2500 ship purchase is long after talking about spending $3k on the game.

:smithcloud:

AP fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 18, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

"I will feel grief" Star Citizen talks about their private server plans

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6256356/#Comment_6256356

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Note this is $2500 ship purchase is long after talking about spending $3k on the game.

I think the worst part of that isn't that that person spent $5500 on the game, but that that's about 10% of what some people have spent.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Beet Wagon posted:

I think the worst part of that isn't that that person spent $5500 on the game, but that that's about 10% of what some people have spent.

I think even worse is they consider this their "best Christmas ever". :negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

They linked this in their RSI profile: http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/ReikaMichiko

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah, it's scary that my personal threshold for Star Citizen whale is $5k+.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

"I will feel grief" Star Citizen talks about their private server plans

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6256356/#Comment_6256356

:lol: This guy thinks you can argue between apples and steak, here's a hint nerdlinger - it's steak every time you goddamn pussy whipped bitch

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

They linked this in their RSI profile: http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/ReikaMichiko

I linked http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/bettybigtits in mine.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That was me trying out being a baddass, how was it?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

We figured this out a few threads ago. Making exact copies might be hard without the exact files CIG used might be difficult.

But making significantly better quality goon versions that are cheaper than 10bux would be pretty simple (if we got over a hundred of us willing to do it).

FYI these are examples of what you can get in metal business cards:

Of course, why would you go with metal business cards when transparent plastic/frosted glass cards look even more futuristic?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mirificus posted:

Yea, SC_Druggie is a she - as I noted before, even more hilarious to remember her back from a time of over 1 year ago, when on the RSI boards she bragged about her tits cup size or something, Lauresh popped in to just say: "Steady on, girl. Have some self-respect" or somesuch, to which SC_Druggie replied: "Lol, must just be a bitch jealous of my titties." and got probated for it.

All this time later and I see she just dug herself a deeper hole in the .jpegs debt and has not improved her self-respect one bit.

Tippis posted:

Would you even have to rewrite Eleanor Rigby to make it fit SC? :raise:

I like the challenge of altered lyrics with a song I know well, I guess. Or I'm a masochist - take your pick.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

That was me trying out being a baddass, how was it?

Leave out the "pussy whipped" part.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tippis posted:

“Sulaco dropship” as in “the dropship on the Sulaco”. Duh. :colbert:

Why is there no “push glasses up the nose” smily? Or am I just blind?

Here you go

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

serious norman posted:

loving Basic Posting Etiquette.

I definitely always got a vibe of 'inflated self-importance' from the guy with a pink spinning elephant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuzzknot posted:

Leave out the "pussy whipped" part.

I don't even know what that means, I am terrible at this :v:

Edit: Just googled it, it isn't even relevant to steak or apples

• Locked thread