Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He joins Panties and runs into Tea dressed as pig Mao Zedong. After finding Invincible Old Man he accepts a marriage proposal from Boobies.

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Kild posted:

He joins Panties and runs into Tea dressed as Mao Zedong. After finding Invincible Old Man he accepts a marriage proposal from Boobies.
Bulma isn't Panties she's Bloomers get your Toriyama puns right.

I'm about to get owned by another "Japan got a loanword wrong" thing, aren't I?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They run into the Bandit "Drink Tea" and his cat "That other type of Tea". Both the Pig and Cat Teas can shapeshift.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

having the main character not succeed at the end of every arc is nice, so goku having actual, meaningful loses in dragon ball was cool

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DragonTeam released the BD version of 5 and it's pretty decent now I guess

It still has that one weird SSJ3 face for two frames though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A korean version of the newest Super manga update here
http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/600954

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
we need a rough translation of the test part and whatever the saiyan told Goku and Vegeta ASAP

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

having the main character not succeed at the end of every arc is nice, so goku having actual, meaningful loses in dragon ball was cool

Raditz overpowers Goku and the only reason he wins is because of Piccolo, it also costs him his life.
Vegeta completely destroys Goku, even taking his final blow and surviving. He wins the fight only because Yajirobe, Gohan and to a lesser extent Krillin are there.
Despite Cell seeing Goku as his only actual challenge, all of his training proves worthless because Cell easily regenerates all the damage Goku causes him, and Goku ends up dying to stop Cell from self-destructing - and Cell still lives.
Beerus is on a completely different level from Goku, their first fight is absolutely one-sided and the second is only slightly better, with Goku's newest power up proving completely worthless. Even by the next movie, Beerus is still much stronger.
Talking about said next movie, Golden Freeza proves much stronger than SSB Goku, and then Goku is nearly-killed by his own idiocy.

If there's something I can't call Goku, it is successful. And that's not even counting how he makes every wrong choice he can in the Buu Saga like it was some VN and Goku was searching for every possible bad ending.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh no.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/dragon-ball-project-fusion-rpg-announced-3ds

Yay for a new RPG though?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Raditz overpowers Goku and the only reason he wins is because of Piccolo, it also costs him his life.
Vegeta completely destroys Goku, even taking his final blow and surviving. He wins the fight only because Yajirobe, Gohan and to a lesser extent Krillin are there.
Despite Cell seeing Goku as his only actual challenge, all of his training proves worthless because Cell easily regenerates all the damage Goku causes him, and Goku ends up dying to stop Cell from self-destructing - and Cell still lives.
Beerus is on a completely different level from Goku, their first fight is absolutely one-sided and the second is only slightly better, with Goku's newest power up proving completely worthless. Even by the next movie, Beerus is still much stronger.
Talking about said next movie, Golden Freeza proves much stronger than SSB Goku, and then Goku is nearly-killed by his own idiocy.

If there's something I can't call Goku, it is successful. And that's not even counting how he makes every wrong choice he can in the Buu Saga like it was some VN and Goku was searching for every possible bad ending.

beerus is in super, goku throws in the towel because he had planned all along to have gohan fight cell, and he objectively wins against raditz and vegeta. he doesn't have to be the strongest, or even survive, to win the fight

the closest thing to a loss he has in dbz is when ginyu steals his body, though he wins in the end. in dragon ball actual arcs of the plot will end with goku not achieving his goal and losing to someone else. this does not happen post piccolo jr until battle of gods

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
That's because when Goku lost in db the stakes were "someone else wins the tournament"

In z the stakes are "earth goes Kaboom"

In db whenever it was an actual threat to humanity Goku would come out on top (pilaf, rr army, piccolo)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he could totally have lost to buu and it would have been fine if the story hadn't decided gohan was incompetent

also goku did lose in those situations in dragon ball. the last time he loses a straight up fight is to piccolo sr, unless you count raditz hitting him once as a fight. ginyu tricks him, he has a heart attack while fighting android 19, and he lets gohan fight cell in dbz. in db, not including tournaments, he straight up loses to taopaipai, one of piccolo's demons, and piccolo himself off the top of my head. it's just nice having him lose a fight so that it means something when he wins later, as opposed to the buu saga where he could totally have just killed buu right from the start but chose not to

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

he could totally have lost to buu and it would have been fine if the story hadn't decided gohan was incompetent

also goku did lose in those situations in dragon ball. the last time he loses a straight up fight is to piccolo sr, unless you count raditz hitting him once as a fight. ginyu tricks him, he has a heart attack while fighting android 19, and he lets gohan fight cell in dbz. in db, not including tournaments, he straight up loses to taopaipai, one of piccolo's demons, and piccolo himself off the top of my head. it's just nice having him lose a fight so that it means something when he wins later, as opposed to the buu saga where he could totally have just killed buu right from the start but chose not to

Goku loses a bunch of fights in DBZ.

He straight-up has to suicide to beat Raditz.
Vegeta wrecks his poo poo and his friends have to come and help him. Goku just straight lost this one.
Ginyu beats him. (Saying he gets 'tricked' is weird as if Ginyu's technique ain't a legitimate fighting technique.)
Frieza, again, wrecks his poo poo until Piccolo steps in to hold him off long enough to Spirit Bomb. He does go Super Saiyan afterwards but that's after a whole lotta help and his friends dying.
He does get Heart Attack'd vs the Androids.
He fights Cell but by his own admission can't beat him.

Honestly his track record ain't great in DBZ. Almost every victory is a team effort and Goku's usually out of commission by the end.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they totally win against raditz and vegeta. it doesn't matter if he dies or gets beat up or whatever because this is dragon ball and death is cheap; they won and that's all there is to it. frieza is similar to vegeta's fight and he absolutely wins that even if bad poo poo happened before he did

the difference in dbz over dragon ball is that it's always a team effort instead of just one guy, but a win's a win

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Half of that is not even losing fights so much as extenuating circumstances either prolonging fights or causing shenanigans in the middle of the fight. He doesn't even really lose to Ginyu so much as their fight is just dropped and left to be continued. The only people he legitimately loses to are Vegeta and Cell.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Yeah, counting Tao and Piccolo Sr. As losses even though he beats them in the end (by himsel) and not counting Vegeta, Raditz and Cell as losses is kinda weird.

You could definitely throw that accusation at the movies though. Wrath of the Dragon im looking at you.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Vegeta wrecks his poo poo and his friends have to come and help him. Goku just straight lost this one.

It's odd he becomes so obsessed with beating Goku, because aside from Freeza(and Buu, but that doesn't count because Goku spent his entire afterlife training with a body that never got tired or gave out) Vegeta was always the one on top.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I was rewatching kai recently and man the first fight with vegeta was so loving good. There's so many great twists and turns in the fight and EVERYONE helps beat vegeta. Hell even Yajirobe saves the day on two separate occasions.

Also it's really the last time in a dbz fight that you see all the fighters just completely worn out at the end and all of them struggling to end the fight as fast as possible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku was stronger than Vegeta well into the Cell Saga and Vegeta only became stronger than him when he achieved Super Vegeta before Goku did his Full Powered Super Saiyan thingymabob.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the culminator posted:

Yeah, counting Tao and Piccolo Sr. As losses even though he beats them in the end (by himsel) and not counting Vegeta, Raditz and Cell as losses is kinda weird.

You could definitely throw that accusation at the movies though. Wrath of the Dragon im looking at you.

tao and piccolo are separate fights where he loses, trains, then wins. vegeta is one long fight where victory is just removing vegeta from the earth as opposed to goku beating him in a match; raditz is a sucker punch but I can understand counting it as a loss, but goku dying later does not matter because killing raditz without gohan getting killed were the only win conditions in that fight; his entire plan from the beginning with cell is to only fight him long enough for gohan to see how to beat him. gohan beating cell is goku winning that fight since that was his whole plan from the getgo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

they totally win against raditz and vegeta. it doesn't matter if he dies or gets beat up or whatever because this is dragon ball and death is cheap; they won and that's all there is to it. frieza is similar to vegeta's fight and he absolutely wins that even if bad poo poo happened before he did

the difference in dbz over dragon ball is that it's always a team effort instead of just one guy, but a win's a win

It's pretty weird to argue that it counts as a win if someone else finishes the fight for him because by that logic everyone beat Piccolo Sr because Goku eventually beat him.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

WickedHate posted:

It's odd he becomes so obsessed with beating Goku, because aside from Freeza(and Buu, but that doesn't count because Goku spent his entire afterlife training with a body that never got tired or gave out) Vegeta was always the one on top.

Vegeta considered him transforming into a Great Ape a "gently caress you, I'll take the L, but you're dead".

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty weird to argue that it counts as a win if someone else finishes the fight for him because by that logic everyone beat Piccolo Sr because Goku eventually beat him.

it's not tho because it's not a tournament and the world is on the line. goku, gohan, krillin, and yajirobi beat vegeta because vegeta would have won if any of them hadn't been there. it doesn't matter if goku can't win the 1v1 because losing means everyone dies. nobody but goku had anything to do with piccolo sr going down

edit: I notice I have a habit of belaboring the point, so I'll just stop now before I make this worse than it needs to be :v: if you think goku loses those fights, that's cool too. we can agree to disagree

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 18, 2016

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Shut the gently caress up about Goku losing. We have Broku or Grolly to talk about now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is a sadbrain.

This is a sadbrain that has ascended beyond being a sadbrain, I guess you could call it a sadbrain 2.

AND THIS *opens up the sa dbz thread* IS TO GO *starts typing* EVEN FURTHER BEYOND.......

sorry that took so long, here are my opinions regarding toriyamas storytelling

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

With that title, maybe we'll get to form Gokule?

And then the Earth's Ultimate Warrior, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gokule?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Here's hoping for adult future gotenks (fusion of adult gohan and future trunks)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Piccolo and Tenshinhan are going to fuse to form Overacheiving Side Character.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Broly and Bardock will fuse to finally form the very form of the fandom, a character whose popularity makes Wolverine look unimportant in comparison.

Said character will then appear in every game with no care about how much sense that might make, and will get every Super Saiyan form ever including some created specifically for him.

This is no different from Broly alone, mind, and only slightly different from Bardock, but it'll be that but more.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HGH posted:

Oh no.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope that game comes over to the US, and also that it's like Pokemon Fusion Generation where every single possible combination is accounted for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to play Krillin fused with Spike the Devilman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fuse Beefcake Satan as he was introduced and goofy Satan as of Buu/Super.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Hooray for more Dragon Ball Crazy

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku didn't beat Frieza because he got revived twice

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
get your new super chapter info while it's hot

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/41j547/korean_super_chapter_8_scans_leaked/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30467&p=1040007#p1040007

So Planet Vegeta isn't even the Saiyan homeworld, just a planet they jacked after their last one became uninhabitable.

More importantly, we learn the national anthem of space.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 18, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

get your new super chapter info while it's hot

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/41j547/korean_super_chapter_8_scans_leaked/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30467&p=1040007#p1040007

So Planet Vegeta isn't even the Saiyan homeworld, just a planet they jacked after their last one became uninhabitable.

More importantly, we learn the national anthem of space.

The Planet Vegeta detail's been a thing for years.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, it's why the Tuffles exist, they were the original inhabitants of Planet Vegeta before the Saiyans just kinda murdered them all and took over, as Saiyans do. In filler, anyways, I don't think there's ever been word of who if any inhabited the planet canonically. The only new detail here is that their original planet was destroyed, previously the GT Perfect Files stated that they had just left and suggested that not only it was alive, but there were more Saiyans in it, likely as possible set up for future stories that thankfully never happened.

In fact, Planet Vegeta is named after Vegeta's dad, it was conquered very recently. And then it was blown up.

And we didn't know its name, but Planet Salad feels like the perfect name for the Saiyans' home land.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 18, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I somehow completely forgot about that and thought the tuffles just also lived on the saiyan homeworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

was it a thing outside of gt?

• Locked thread