Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

There's so much goodness here, but the thing that really sticks out to me is the comment about the ship not having any mass. It's true as gently caress. Just looking at those videos, you're literally a ball turret gunner. That's all that the ship is. It has no mass to it, no feeling of weight, nothing but floaty bullshit. It's a skin you're wearing for FPS targeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gonkish posted:

There's so much goodness here, but the thing that really sticks out to me is the comment about the ship not having any mass. It's true as gently caress. Just looking at those videos, you're literally a ball turret gunner. That's all that the ship is. It has no mass to it, no feeling of weight, nothing but floaty bullshit. It's a skin you're wearing for FPS targeting.

They all seem the same too, no matter the size.
It's kind of freaky

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

«Take back everything you said or we'll sue you.»
«gently caress off!»

Notice how they didn't tell them to gently caress off again? That's right bitch, don't gently caress with CIG!

these loving backers :psyduck:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Remember this?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"...It can be easy to get lost in the somewhat amazing fact that you're piloting a loving spaceship, much less think about doing it well."

Immersive space pilot adventures. Coming in 2016. Not from Chris Roberts.

The revolution is just about here, Chris. Sorry you had to miss it!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The gift cards cost more than what they're worth?

I have never, ever seen that before.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lmao a premium on gift cards?

gotta make that money, those jpegs are at rock bottom prices and our stock is so limited on them!!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

You are a good director of Internet videos with commentary. :pgabz:

We appreciate your attention to spacemans with disabilities. Very important to address accessibility issues up front. :corsair:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Looks like Turbulent misunderstood what CIG asked for again :shrug:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The gift cards cost more than what they're worth?

I have never, ever seen that before.

There was a "stir" about it. The gift cards are now "fixed". lol

And there were people defending the 20% cost added.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

There was a "stir" about it. The gift cards are now "fixed". lol

And there were people defending the 20% cost added.

I was just thinking that since most of this stuff is handled client side it's going to be hilarious when people are spawning $2500 ships for free.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41jp87/106000000_in_funding_reached/cz3d1g2

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

:downsowned:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41jp87/106000000_in_funding_reached/cz3f3un

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wow Eve:Valkyrie looks pretty awesome

sucks i cant spend $5000 to test it for bugs

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41kdxx/sandis_fb_aww_thanks_for_my_late_xmas_present/cz3elka

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rajafa doesn't actually understand what Runsamok is saying and it's funny how he keep hammering on what are essentially truisms and trying to hold them up as logic with regards to statistics. Also kind of sad, but mostly funny.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

The most welcoming of communities.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

lmao a premium on gift cards?

gotta make that money, those jpegs are at rock bottom prices and our stock is so limited on them!!

That's VAT for eurogoons. I never bought giftcards from the US so I don't know if this is normal policy or not but (assuming they are filling VAT tax) CIG only keeps the base value.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Oh wow, a whole tree has spouted from my shitpost. Time to dive back in...

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Gilganixon posted:

Friends, don't forget to pick up your free Steam keys for Omikron. It's not a perfect sci-fi game and there's no space combat, but it's interesting and fun and has a soundtrack by David Bowie. Also it actually exists and was published, unlike SC.

It's EU-only. :argh:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

fuctifino posted:

Oh wow, a whole tree has spouted from my shitpost. Time to dive back in...

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere where I can see the minimum number of shitposts required for various slurs? tia

Watch out Eonwe.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Haskell9 posted:

Type in Omikron as the discount code.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Haskell9 posted:

People were saying it works if you put in the code Omikron but I haven't tried it personally.

e: I can confirm that this works in the US.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 19, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Well I was going to celebrate reaching the end of the thread with an effortpost about how Sid Meier predates all the early day developers the thread was shifting on, and also lasted (and continues) longer in the industry while spawning several celebrated careers.

But gently caress it, I'm phone posting so instead have a blog post by civ4 lead developer Soren Johnson. It's applicability should be obvious.

http://www.designer-notes.com/?p=654

Oh also, if Chris Roberts was needed to save PC gaming, what has Paradox been doing the last decade?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The SC community is the game

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

You don't see Matilda2013 /r/starcitizen very often.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Sandi sends her thanks and regards to the goons for her winning an award

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Mirificus posted:

well its a thread about his waifu. :allears:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh also, if Chris Roberts was needed to save PC gaming, what has Paradox been doing the last decade?

Making incomprehensible games!

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I am irrationally angry at the blatant misunderstanding of statistics. I think I am broken.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The SC community is the game
And what a game. The community and leadership provide so much opportunity for drama.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

well its a thread about his waifu. :allears:
Touché

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

I hope I didn't scare her him off.

I'm trying to make friends with Rajafa

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In that comment thread Rajafa is doubling down on the "Derek Smart is a monkey" line again.

Now, it appears that racists calling black people "monkeys" is more common in Europe than America. This is mostly because racist Americans are somewhat more likely to be conservative and Christian and the idea of even obtusely reinforcing the theory of evolution is anathema. But it takes a special kind of stupid to think that people outside of Europe won't understand the inference when you call a black person (even a mixed black-Lebanese person) a monkey.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In that comment thread Rajafa is doubling down on the "Derek Smart is a monkey" line again.

Now, it appears that racists calling black people "monkeys" is more common in Europe than America.

Trust me it's pretty common in America too. He's just a total dimwit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Now, it appears that racists calling black people "monkeys" is more common in Europe than America. This is mostly because racist Americans are somewhat more likely to be conservative and Christian and the idea of even obtusely reinforcing the theory of evolution is anathema. But it takes a special kind of stupid to think that people outside of Europe won't understand the inference when you call a black person (even a mixed black-Lebanese person) a monkey.

The gently caress are you talking about? Calling a black person a monkey is very obviously a racist insult everywhere, we're not drooling morons this side of the pond. He's just a racist homophobic rear end in a top hat who doesn't give a poo poo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

They all seem the same too, no matter the size.
It's kind of freaky

Seriously. I popped on and flew a Retaliator the other day and it was super noticeable. That thing is supposed to be what happens when a B-17 fucks a nuclear submarine, but it was just kind of sliding around like I was using a free-look spectator camera or something. There was no indication that I was in anything big.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yeah the guy just does not seem too smart

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Huh, maybe I just hover around a different breed of racist.

I guess wargaming cryptofascists are just a little cagey wrt being so obvious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I take it you've never been to the American Southeast.

• Locked thread