Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hello,

So I have contractors coming this week to build me a new kitchen, because I came home to a destroyed one after christmas (5 days of leaking feed line to dishwasher).

Going to do new custom cabinets, floors, walls, trim and i'm going to buy new appliances because gently caress it why not ? (After consultation with Cabinet builder of course)

They want ideas for a colour scheme though. I don't really know what is good or bad. I figured I'd post up some example kitchens and maybe some of you could tell me why or why not to go with it.

Here is the interior of my car which I dig the colours of:

Since that interior is named "cashmere" I searched google for cashmere kitchen and got some similar colours

I really like the light grey floor of that last image

Here is something I liked when I searched for "modern elegant kitchen"

Ive almost all the kitchens on GIS seem to have dark cabinets with white floors and counters, or the opposite. I may be keeping my counter tops, which are a darker grey marble.

Anyways, please throw some ideas or thoughts at me if you wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

This is late but just thought I'd throw you my .02

Color combinations are one of those things you either have an ability or don't and overall design choices are even worse. Those of us that are color blind and hopeless can get lucky (we did when we built our first house) but after going through a complete home build with the assistance of a designer for a relative, a professional/someone with an education in design really make the process much easier. The consequences can be huge especially for a kitchen.

If I were you I would consult with someone even if you only hire them for a few hours or so for theme/color choices. Your contract, if they specialize in kitchen renos, might even have someone they use. Getting eyes-on the project with lighting, layout and theme for the rest of the home all come into play.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slidebite posted:

This is late but just thought I'd throw you my .02

Color combinations are one of those things you either have an ability or don't and overall design choices are even worse. Those of us that are color blind and hopeless can get lucky (we did when we built our first house) but after going through a complete home build with the assistance of a designer for a relative, a professional/someone with an education in design really make the process much easier. The consequences can be huge especially for a kitchen.

If I were you I would consult with someone even if you only hire them for a few hours or so for theme/color choices. Your contract, if they specialize in kitchen renos, might even have someone they use. Getting eyes-on the project with lighting, layout and theme for the rest of the home all come into play.

Thanks, and I fully agree. Even my main contractor pretty much said he lets a designer choose colours.

• Locked thread