Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
so good to see that even if cig has not actually crashed yet, its just gaining even more momentum
I wonder how many suicides there will be.
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Eonwe posted:

If you can't even look at a ticket a ticket for days something is wrong

The process is broke
Something with your service is broke
Your management is broke

It's not a good process for tickets to sit

Bro, you're not a call center organizer are you?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nah our service desk isn't a call center luckily

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'd rather have a cockpit view of that other ship when it happened.

There is one - the video interlaces the cockpit view and shows the ship flying over part of the building in the center of the pad and completely clearing the first set of landing pads (flying over the "building" in the center). The shot only cuts away after it is clear of the second set of pads (and almost parallel with the third ring)... the on-foot player is standing on the building the pilot believes he is flying over (mentions as much in the comments) on the first set of pads, where it looks like the client simulation appears to correct the orientation of the ship (first time the on-foot player sees the ship, it is apparently flying backwards) which I guess applies some sort of physical impulse to spin the ship that in turn sends the ship careening into the ring in a flat spin.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm like a mix of tier 1 and tier 2 support

I get paid a lot better than tier 1 at least

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

You guys in the EU just need to do tax the good ol' American way!

1.) Don't have a central authority for sales tax. It's different in every state! Different rates, different exemptions - really go crazy with this.

2.) Don't print taxes on anything. Keep it vague. Except gas, which is course 9/10 of a cent.

3.) If someone gets up to a counter and doesn't have enough money the cashier/host/trade authority should lean over the counter and whisper 'Idiot' in the customer's ear.

Problem solved!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Berious posted:

Speaking of CS I love their excuse for the eternal slowness that they've totally recruited a bunch of people but it takes so long to train them. I've done these poo poo jobs before, the vast majority of queries are simple poo poo someone can work through a script to solve. You can get someone up to speed and useful doing that in a week. If they can't handle something they can send it up the chain. We're not even talking phone support where you piss customers off by handing their case around, there is really no excuse except we have your money already so gently caress you.
The first 5 minutes of that interview tells you everything you need to know about Sandi's view of Star Citizen's Customer Support, both past and present. If it was better in the past in the Chelsea era, that was Sandi's doing because the greatness filtered down to Chelsea from her. If it sucks now, it's ultimately because Sandi hadn't yet filtered her greatness down to her lowly UK support team.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 12, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I'm like a mix of tier 1 and tier 2 support

I get paid a lot better than tier 1 at least

Just wait until Beer needs support from you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He wont get it because he never freed Kimsemus

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

Just wait until Beer needs support from you

Yep, he'll clog it up for 6 months.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

G0RF posted:

-------

TL:DR
The first 5 minutes of that interview tells you everything you need to know about Sandi's view of Star Citizen's Customer Support, both past and present. If it was better in the past in the Chelsea era, that was Sandi's doing because the greatness filtered down to Chelsea from her. If it sucks now, it's ultimately because Sandi hadn't yet filtered her greatness down to her lowly UK support team.

I love the idea that literally nobody on their existing UK team has the chops to train others on customer service. In fact the only way this narrative would make any sense is if their CS personnel was expected to do anything other than traditional customer service. Considering they're actually dealing with cult indoctrination and retention I wouldn't doubt some non-standard training might be involved. If you try to customer service a whale you might do more harm than good, even if you're great at cs.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Daztek posted:

Wonder if all that clothing will be bland and boring like everything else.

This is how you do sci-fi

This is how you don't do sci-fi

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No bucket needed dude Ben does it all fountain style

You ruined my immersion! I mean, how do you put fried chicken through a fountain? Seriously...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why is the VP of Marketing trying to act, do communications, and working customer service

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

fuctifino posted:

He deleted this comment a few minutes after posting it, but I was able to get a screenshot. This was posted by a 49 year old man who has spent $2500-$4999 on imaginary spaceship jpegs.

e: He was replying to my comment at the bottom of this thread:

tweet him his quote

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Eonwe posted:

Lmao

Yeti is advocating ignoring CS tickets

Thank you guy who has never worked a ticket queue ever

No CS manager would ever put that in place* because they'd be fired so loving fast you'd think HR had the Speed Force.

* at a competently run company.

Eonwe posted:

If you can't even look at a ticket a ticket for days something is wrong

The process is broke
Something with your service is broke
Your management is broke

It's not a good process for tickets to sit

You're waiting on a reply from someone else in another department (or company, depending on the circumstances) and have already told the customer there could be a delay while you get the info. :eng101:

Eonwe posted:

Nah our service desk isn't a call center luckily

:hfive: Working Phone Support Is Literally Hell Please Kill Me Now bro.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

You ruined my immersion! I mean, how do you put fried chicken through a fountain? Seriously...

With sauce and a big enough nozzle, everything can be fountained.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why is the VP of Marketing trying to act, do communications, and working customer service

Well, when you are the best saleswoman in the world, you need to branch out a bit. And we all know she does the work of n+1 people. (where n is the number that will impress who she's talking to at the moment)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

I'm just imagining ignoring a client ticket for days and then being like, well

It wasn't important so I wanted to let it sit and see if it was still an issue

That's the whole thing, he's advocating that since they can't possibly tell what is or is not important they shouldn't reply to anyone for a month. After a month you mail the customer "hey man, I'm writing you to know if your problem was important or if it sorted itself out".

You can't make this poo poo up. :downsbravo:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You don't win Internet Bullshit Award 2015 by slacking.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Jodorowksi's Dune would have been I think a bit silly from the storyline aspect (inasmuch as it deviated from Herbert's original), but I am firmly in the camp that the art design was superior to anything else (and I loved the Lynch movie in all its forms).

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

If she's the untrained VP of marketing and she doesn't have 50 hours of that to do a week, she isn't doing her job and doesn't know how it works.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

DandyLion posted:

Jodorowksi's Dune would have been I think a bit silly from the storyline aspect (inasmuch as it deviated from Herbert's original), but I am firmly in the camp that the art design was superior to anything else (and I loved the Lynch movie in all its forms).

I read DUNE and thought it was absolute hot garbage, one of the worst books I've ever read but i'd watch a movie or read a comic with visuals like this, if you're going to do sci-fi you have limitless possibilities, go crazy and OTT don't make everything loving grey and white :cripes: god I hate this game so much and I've never even played it.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Diatom posted:

Worked at Amazon at the beginning... 5K is pocket change. Why do you care?

Mistakenly used that account for vitriol. Too many creepy stalkers take internet insults personally and I could easily be doxxed with thats accounts posting history.

Why is every star citizen independently wealthy and a non functioning racist and insufferable opinions?

Good job with the subtle racism!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

aleksendr posted:

With sauce and a big enough nozzle, everything can be fountained.

<shudders>

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Guys.

Doobie's Dog House is closing :(

end of an era.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ahh poo poo, I was sure Star Citizen would implode before Doobs. Too bad.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Moment of silence please for a hellthread partner cut down in his prime. Tragedy piled high. :smith:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

gently caress it, if Aphex Twin is playing star citizen i'm buying back in

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DandyLion posted:

Chris Foss is the artist you're looking for;

About the only people to use his vibe was Homeworld.

I'm a great admirer of Jim Burns too. Before digital really came along, he was godlike with an airbrush.

But he did produce the cockship;

I read DUNE and thought it was absolute hot garbage, one of the worst books I've ever read

You're dead to me.

Edit: vvvv much better pictures.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

If anything, that Chris Foss look was an inspiration for Homeworld

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 19, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I read DUNE and thought it was absolute hot garbage, one of the worst books I've ever read

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Hav posted:

You're dead to me.

Edit: vvvv much better pictures.

Sorry :[ I just thought it was nonsensical rubbish, i'm enjoying hitchhikers much more.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

:colbert: well........ :colbert:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Dog House, Star Citizen & Bitcoin. 2016 :argh:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've read Dune at least 4 times, how can you read that first diner in Arrakis and not flip out? Dune is Game of Thrones in space with an emerging God leading a planet of knife fighting fanatics that would horrify the Islamic State and they are the good guys.

Which reminds me that I haven't read it in a couple of years, time for a revisit.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 19, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I think we're seeing more unhappy posts on reddit & RSI because of 2.1. Sure something else sparks them but if you've been waiting to play multi crew for ~3 years, you're going to feel disappointed after you exhaust all of the content in a few hours, find there's only a maximum of 16 people in an instance and some dick with a crappy ship keeps stealing yours or crashing into it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I know I'm just jumping on the bandwagon by this point but...

gently caress YOU BUDDY!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Anybody keeping tabs on the game "dreadnought"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm0g7mDKFq0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

its all star citizen's fault if ppl had not invested in star citizen they would have invested in doobies and doobies would have had more money to buy better house.

• Locked thread