Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AP posted:

Nayara 'Pusher' Fell is Sandi Gardiner's character name in SQ42. I wonder if she picked the nickname herself or if someone at Foundry42 in Manchester did.

how dare she use the title of one of the best x files episodes as her character nickname, i am offended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

I Greyhound posted:

Yes but this is a game that's guaranteed to have 20 second unescapable dressing animations for putting on or taking off any piece of clothing.

No game is complete without a twelve-minute dance of the thirty-six space scarves.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
“Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You'll find me there, staring out at you!”
--Derek Smart

“It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present and a waste to live in the future.”
--Chris Roberts

“Highly organized research is guaranteed to produce nothing new.”
--Chris Roberts

“The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows - a wall against the wind.”
--Sandi Gardiner

“A killer with the manners of a rabbit - this is the most dangerous kind.”
--Chris Roberts

“We faced it and did not resist. The storm passed through us and around us. It's gone, but we remain.”
--Sandi Gardiner

“Law is the ultimate science.”
-Derek Smart

“But it's well known that repression makes a religion flourish.”
--Chris Roberts

“You see, gentlemen, they have something to die for. They've discovered they're a people. They're awakening.”
--Chris Roberts

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”
--Derek Smart

“I am like a person whose hands were kept numb, without sensation from the first moment of awareness - until one day the ability to feel is forced into them. And I say "Look! I have no hands!" But the people all around me say: "What are hands?”
--Chris Roberts

“Any man who retreats into a cave which has only one opening deserves to die.”
--Ben Lesnik

“If you rely only on your eyes, your other senses weaken (Bene Gesserit axiom).”
--Sandi Gardner

“She looked at patches of blackness. Black is a blind remembering, she thought.”
--Sandi Gardner

“Full moon calls thee--
Shai-hulud shall thou see;
Red the night, dusky sky,
Bloody death didst thou die.
We pray to a moon: she is round--
Luck with us will then abound,
What we seek for shall be found
In the land of solid ground.”
--Chris Roberts in (make the planets like Far Cry or you're all fired)

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Hav posted:

It's more to provide enough force outwards that you stick to the floor, simulating gravity.

Why it's loving retarded in that ship is that to move between the rotating components you have to climb to the hub, then back down into the compartment you want. And it's unbalanced for rotation, so it'll be gently spinning to port. I didn't even pick on the fact that the front looks like an oil drill.

Given a rough idea of the size, we could pick holes in the rotation speed. That looks on the slow side to me.
but they already have artificial gravity. it's not like babylon 5 where the humans have to do it because they haven't invented artificial gravity and all the aliens that have won't give it to them. the ship has artificial gravity in front and in back, but in the middle it's spinny bits because...................................??????

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

AP posted:

Nayara 'Pusher' Fell is Sandi Gardiner's character name in SQ42. I wonder if she picked the nickname herself or if someone at Foundry42 in Manchester did.
I thought Sandi's character's handle was a little "haha we're abusing the mentally ill with predatory sales tactics and Sandi thinks she's the mastermind" joke. Like a drug pusher.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The making of Lesnick 2

e: He's probably the only staff member left at Austin, and had to eat all the pizzas on his own

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 20, 2016

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

sorla78 posted:

dangerousanalysis - makes you think

(Chris R in the Crosshair, but first Tim Schaefer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlzEXB_Wgo

It sure looks like that guy did his digging serioulsy. We need more of that.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Thank you for allowing me not to watch that. I can't loving stand (watching) Sandi.

Agreed thank you GORF. Watching her really takes the fun out of this. I can't help but empathize with what the average CIG employee puts up with. Infinite narcissism in an untouchable position of company power. What boggles my mind is that nobody sees a problem with a husband and wife being the top decision makers (including HR) in 300 person company. How can any legitimate complaint about either of them be heard or resolved? The fear and resentment among their employees has to just be spectacular.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

It's more to provide enough force outwards that you stick to the floor, simulating gravity.

Why it's loving retarded in that ship is that to move between the rotating components you have to climb to the hub, then back down into the compartment you want. And it's unbalanced for rotation, so it'll be gently spinning to port. I didn't even pick on the fact that the front looks like an oil drill.

Given a rough idea of the size, we could pick holes in the rotation speed. That looks on the slow side to me.

Nah, it's spinning bcuz COOL. All the SC ships have some sort of artificial gravity, I think. Either way if you feel like being a math nerd, right now the Orion is listed at 170 meters in length.

Which is hilarious because so far they have yet to make a ship that didn't get bigger as they made it.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

When was it announced to be f2p? Last I had heard they were talking $60

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the one on steam that's really similar? I can't think of its name offhand. That one is f2p but I think the population bombed and they average like 100 people a day or something.

It's F2P. That's what I heard from the devs, and that's what all the websites covering it are saying. :shrug:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The best thing that could happen for CIG would be a fire on a yacht off Catalina catching fire while it hosts a disgusting swingers party for Los Angeles nobodies

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hav posted:

I was wondering what you were talking about but you're right, it needs another centrifuge spinning clockwise to counter the torque generated by the other two centrifuges.

However, the centrifuges are supposed to be for living quarters, because that's where you need the simulated gravity the most for long journeys. But, somehow, this never crossed anyone's mind and they just thought it was "cool" and "realistic" without thinking the why it's realistic?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Avalanche posted:

“Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You'll find me there, staring out at you!”
--Derek Smart

“It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present and a waste to live in the future.”
--Chris Roberts

“Highly organized research is guaranteed to produce nothing new.”
--Chris Roberts

“The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows - a wall against the wind.”
--Sandi Gardiner

“A killer with the manners of a rabbit - this is the most dangerous kind.”
--Chris Roberts

“We faced it and did not resist. The storm passed through us and around us. It's gone, but we remain.”
--Sandi Gardiner

“Law is the ultimate science.”
-Derek Smart

“But it's well known that repression makes a religion flourish.”
--Chris Roberts

“You see, gentlemen, they have something to die for. They've discovered they're a people. They're awakening.”
--Chris Roberts

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”
--Derek Smart

“I am like a person whose hands were kept numb, without sensation from the first moment of awareness - until one day the ability to feel is forced into them. And I say "Look! I have no hands!" But the people all around me say: "What are hands?”
--Chris Roberts

“Any man who retreats into a cave which has only one opening deserves to die.”
--Ben Lesnik

“If you rely only on your eyes, your other senses weaken (Bene Gesserit axiom).”
--Sandi Gardner

“She looked at patches of blackness. Black is a blind remembering, she thought.”
--Sandi Gardner

“Full moon calls thee--
Shai-hulud shall thou see;
Red the night, dusky sky,
Bloody death didst thou die.
We pray to a moon: she is round--
Luck with us will then abound,
What we seek for shall be found
In the land of solid ground.”
--Chris Roberts in (make the planets like Far Cry or you're all fired)

:golfclap: :pgabz: :bravo: now do it in LOTR quotes and finish off with a James Joyce parody.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

It's F2P. That's what I heard from the devs, and that's what all the websites covering it are saying. :shrug:

Oh man.. here ive been thinking for almost 2 years it was gonna be 60 bucks and i was like "Oh. well, it looks good but is it 60 bucks good?"

Now, im really excited.

This thread is a gold mine of info on many good games that are not Star Citizen.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

sorla78 posted:

dangerousanalysis - makes you think

(Chris R in the Crosshair, but first Tim Schaefer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlzEXB_Wgo

JFC I thought CIG were bad :staredog:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

fuctifino posted:

The making of Lesnick 2

e: He's probably the only staff member left at Austin, and had to eat all the pizzas on his own

Stretch goal reached: Lesnick deficates.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

fuctifino posted:

The making of Lesnick 2

Super Lesnick Me - the sequel to the hit documentary Super Size Me

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

G0RF posted:

The good news is we've got multiple parties in the same instance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjo8Hgmwps

:eyepop:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i glad they managed to rip off event horizon too, based on that video

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

fuctifino posted:

The making of Lesnick 2

Looks more like a homeless man broke into the abandoned Austin office and ate the pizzas that were delivered. Sandi was probably there with the realtor showing the premise to a potential buyer and came across that site, and tried spinning everything into a positive.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
no doobs :(

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Eonwe posted:

i like the space trench with space gravity that the burning wreckage gets pushed in

They don't even bother to do a cursory check to see if she's alive, just straight out with the space bulldozer to shunt the remains off the edge. It's like a deleted scene from Idiocracy.

Guffikins
Jul 4, 2004

AP posted:

She drives the space bulldozer, obviously

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Diatom posted:

Worked at Amazon at the beginning... 5K is pocket change. Why do you care?

Mistakenly used that account for vitriol. Too many creepy stalkers take internet insults personally and I could easily be doxxed with thats accounts posting history.

Please give me $5,000, I'm going to go spend it on x-wing/armada stuff.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Eonwe posted:

also the space bulldozer reinforces what a god drat hack chris roberts is

Eonwe posted:

making something a "space-something" makes it better

Do you think you'll be able to turn the space bulldozer into a space :killdozer:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
CIG is hiring homeless in Austin - good for them.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

alf_pogs posted:

how dare she use the title of one of the best x files episodes as her character nickname, i am offended

That episode really is amazing. But "Pusher" is appropriate in a multitude of ways.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

McDowell posted:

CIG is hiring homeless in Austin - good for them.

Not a surprise, at SXSW they hire homeless people to be WiFi hotspots

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Um

I backed this day one when it was going to be a small game in the scope and style of Privateer.

Did they stop giving refunds?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Guffikins posted:

She drives the space bulldozer, obviously

And she knows the Terrible Secret of Space

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I've had a serious Sinus infection the past 8 days or so, so it was nice to come back and see and old familiar friend.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sandi's callsign is the same as an SA meme and a serial killer. Wonder which she prefers.

Also if you're a serial killer whose chosen method is pushing people in canals take a look at yourself. Get a better MO.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Wheeee posted:

Um

I backed this day one when it was going to be a small game in the scope and style of Privateer.

Did they stop giving refunds?

You're most likely eight shades of hosed. How much are you in for? Are you in the EU?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I've had a serious Sinus infection the past 8 days or so, so it was nice to come back and see and old familiar friend.

Stay safe sinus ghost

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I suggested SA sell star citizen style concierge cards

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm waiting for them to make my sushi and posting on SA

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lowtax posted:

welcome back. this game is still terrible

now you're all caught up

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

alphabettitouretti posted:

Sandi's callsign is the same as an SA meme and a serial killer. Wonder which she prefers.

Also if you're a serial killer whose chosen method is pushing people in canals take a look at yourself. Get a better MO.

The one that involves killing goons.... so both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I'm waiting for them to make my sushi and posting on SA

Better Space Sushi. Also i hope your posting in Space SA otherwise its not worth the effort Awfulitizen.

• Locked thread