Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hockles posted:

Are you Rob Schneider / David Spade?

Nah just a mid-level film development nobody. Happy Madison is heavily scrutinized and universally loathed where I am (also: everywhere), so it's easy to get the dirt. For instance, the real reason Rob Schneider left the fold for a while is because good ol' buddy Sandler insisted on paying all his besties scale for appearing in Grown Ups, which made more money than any just god would allow. Sequel time rolls around, Schneider says "hey how about giving us a fair cut" and Sandler acts like he murdered his mom and refuses to even speak to him for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hilarious how you always hear that the other way around.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress, I'd no idea Steve Wiebe had a cameo in Pixels. So now we live in a world where it's possible that Steve and Billy were both offered little cameos and Billy "fuckin'" Mitchell is the one who said "you can keep it". :(

Then again, if that did happen, he probably turned it down because he wanted to actually play the Peter Dinklage role himself. And Wiebe undoubtedly got a good few bucks, so.

But man did this one ever make me want to actually watch the movie. President Grilled Steak Enchirito is just too loving bizarre for me to not investigate, like most sane people I just ignored it when it was coming out and didn't even know about the Kevin James President of the USA thing at all.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

gently caress, I'd no idea Steve Wiebe had a cameo in Pixels. So now we live in a world where it's possible that Steve and Billy were both offered little cameos and Billy "fuckin'" Mitchell is the one who said "you can keep it". :(

Another thing they didn't mention is that the creator of Pac-Man in the movie is an actor, though the real guy does make a cameo.

Though Billy Mitchell got to have a (sort-of) cameo in an actual Donkey Kong game so I think he came out on top.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Nah just a mid-level film development nobody. Happy Madison is heavily scrutinized and universally loathed where I am (also: everywhere), so it's easy to get the dirt. For instance, the real reason Rob Schneider left the fold for a while is because good ol' buddy Sandler insisted on paying all his besties scale for appearing in Grown Ups, which made more money than any just god would allow. Sequel time rolls around, Schneider says "hey how about giving us a fair cut" and Sandler acts like he murdered his mom and refuses to even speak to him for years.

I could listen to stories of Sandler being a huge piece of poo poo for hours. You should send your best tales into the mailbag.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I could listen to stories of Sandler being a huge piece of poo poo for hours. You should send your best tales into the mailbag.

I've been debating it, but :effort:

Those are the main things I know about Sandler anyway. Well, that and how he orders the VFX people to digitally shrink his nipples anytime he has a shirtless scene.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Those are the main things I know about Sandler anyway. Well, that and how he orders the VFX people to digitally shrink his nipples anytime he has a shirtless scene.

I'm never gonna loving forget that. Amazing.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
You know, I would laugh, but if I had the power to make silly demands like that, maybe I would do it too. I'm sorry for your large nipples Adam Sandler.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I want the guys to do a videogame podcast/Let's Play. Unlike my other favorite bad movie podcast they actually know a ton about them.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Another thing they didn't mention is that the creator of Pac-Man in the movie is an actor, though the real guy does make a cameo.

The moment he had more than one line this was probably a necessity

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Count Chocula posted:

I want the guys to do a videogame podcast/Let's Play. Unlike my other favorite bad movie podcast they actually know a ton about them.

The weirdest video game moment WHM had was when they all unanimously hated Mega Man X.

Come on guys, the story isn't THAT intrusive.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The weirdest video game moment WHM had was when they all unanimously hated Mega Man X.

Much like Sonic I really agree that series got worse the more anime it got.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Those poor VFX people.

I agree, more stories would be appreciated, and that you should totally write into the mailbag. Even if you just copy/paste the few things you mentioned in this thread, I think they'd love it.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ahh poo poo I forgot my favorite one of all: They had to do extremely expensive re-shoots of Joe Dirt 2 because when they were cutting it all together they realized they didn't get a single shot of the female lead's face. Just boobs and lower.

Oh and Ridiculous 6 was delayed because they were scheduled to start shooting in the high desert of New Mexico in February and not a single person involved with the production, not one, knew that it could snow in the desert.

And Adam, who also has digital double-chin reduction in most of his films, almost fired the girl who played Lady Lisa in Pixels because she was "too fat."

Early in my career I had a run-in with these people that instilled such a hatred of them in me that my friends have been bringing me Happy Madison dirt ever since. I think that is everything I know though. I'll be sure to pop back in if I remember more.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ahh poo poo I forgot my favorite one of all: They had to do extremely expensive re-shoots of Joe Dirt 2 because when they were cutting it all together they realized they didn't get a single shot of the female lead's face. Just boobs and lower.

Oh and Ridiculous 6 was delayed because they were scheduled to start shooting in the high desert of New Mexico in February and not a single person involved with the production, not one, knew that it could snow in the desert.

And Adam, who also has digital double-chin reduction in most of his films, almost fired the girl who played Lady Lisa in Pixels because she was "too fat."

Early in my career I had a run-in with these people that instilled such a hatred of them in me that my friends have been bringing me Happy Madison dirt ever since. I think that is everything I know though. I'll be sure to pop back in if I remember more.

Wonderful. Everything about this, wonderful.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am currently downloading my first episode of this - The Core- and I shall report back soon

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Michaellaneous posted:

I am currently downloading my first episode of this - The Core- and I shall report back soon

That's a good one. Enjoy.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Count Chocula posted:

No they don't.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wait, you're telling me that Shang Tsung didn't help us against Ho Chi Minh?

Everything in The Substitute episode was a lie!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

No they don't.

Remember when the very concept of Pokemon baffled them a few months ago

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Michaellaneous posted:

Nine thousand degrees :goleft:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DoombatINC posted:

Nine thousand degrees :goleft:

I can still hear their joyous cackling.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I assumed they were talking about the series as a whole. The first one didn't even have much more story than the original Mega Man games.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

I just really want to see the Mario or Zelda cartoons on Animation Damnation. Or more Captain N. Or whatever that Sonic anime was where the Sonic gang is just hanging out with some human kid and his grandpa.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I don't want them to do Let's Play because everybody on youTube does them, they're the absolute lowest rung on the "I wanna get internet famous" ladder and it's completely oversaturated.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
question. have they ever said if they are going to talk about godfather 3 someday. because i just saw that movie and i think it would make a great episode. it just so boring and nothing happens in the movie until the last 40 min.

Sleeveless posted:

I don't want them to do Let's Play because everybody on youTube does them, they're the absolute lowest rung on the "I wanna get internet famous" ladder and it's completely oversaturated.

this. i like when they game drop sometimes but doing a whole LP thing would be dumb.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Jimbot posted:

Wait, you're telling me that Shang Tsung didn't help us against Ho Chi Minh?

Everything in The Substitute episode was a lie!

Tom Berenger would make a great MK character

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Corek posted:

Remember when the very concept of Pokemon baffled them a few months ago

That episode was amazing just for their desperate attempts to comprehend what they just saw.

"Are we supposed to think these Team Rocket characters are vampires?"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also Andrew's insistence on confusing Dr. Wily with Dr. Robotnik.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I just remembered Mortal Kombat had a cartoon, too, goddamn

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If you listened to the mailbag for this month, you learned the worst news. Master of Disguise has officially been blacklisted.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I assumed they were talking about the series as a whole. The first one didn't even have much more story than the original Mega Man games.

:confused: The first one absolute absolutely had more story than the original Mega Man. You had actual characters with actual dialogue propelling the plot forward.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well I just finished the core and that poo poo was absolutely hysterical from the beginning to the end.
Good podcast. Gonna listen to phantom menace next.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Lady fans really stepping their game up these last two mailbags.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Next Listener's Request Month I'm gonna suggest Ace Ventura Jr, Pet Detective OR Titanic: The Legend Goes On.

I haven't seen either of them but that's what these guys are here for. Watching horrible poo poo in my stead.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

"Too fat" for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-611tXJIC4

:wtf:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hockles posted:

If you listened to the mailbag for this month, you learned the worst news. Master of Disguise has officially been blacklisted.

I'm not surprised really. I'm the kind of person who unironically loves Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and The Master of Disguise still caused me physical pain.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not surprised really. I'm the kind of person who unironically loves Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and The Master of Disguise still caused me physical pain.

Yeah, a super short SNL skit that would keep your interest but ultimately only leaave you thinking "Well, they tried" made into a 1hr 20min movie.

:suicide:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

Yeah, a super short SNL skit that would keep your interest but ultimately only leaave you thinking "Well, they tried" made into a 1hr 20min movie.

:suicide:

There was huge amounts of material cut out of the movie. My "favorite" is the original ending where it turns out the dog was the grandfather, disguised, the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I take umbrage to them giving poo poo to the godfather game, which at least the Wii version was super fun