Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Copypasting some context here for the nerds that are interested.

DerGilga from Animesuki posted:

大好き/daisuki
好き/suki
愛/ai

All of them can be translated as "love".... these last chapters must have been a lovely pain in the rear end to translate. :heh:

For those who are interested:
愛: Kiriee, Kurou, Santa and Ikku
好き: Yukihime, Shinobu
大好き: Karin and the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Serious Frolicking posted:

UQ holder is Akamatsu with creative freedom. Dude obviously loves both harem comedies and flashy fights. I'm kind of curious why Kirie is working at the inn though, since she is supposed to be the money maker for uqh.

I believe that along with the lot of them, all of them working at the inn is punishment for going to Dana. Or something similar to that.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Kyte posted:

Copypasting some context here for the nerds that are interested.

That's not the breakdown I would have expected. Isn't "ai" supposed to be the one closest to what we really think of as deep love?

I guess Touta really is just a child at heart who really does love everyone (except Mizore).

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Bremen posted:

That's not the breakdown I would have expected. Isn't "ai" supposed to be the one closest to what we really think of as deep love?

As far as I can tell, yes. "Ai" is also the way to say love in Chinese, and uses the same hanzi as the Japanese kanji used to write it, so there's that as well.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bremen posted:

I guess Touta really is just a child at heart who really does love everyone (except Mizore).

IIRC it's 'pure' love. The selfless kind and blah blah. IIRC 'suki' is more generic, with 'dai' being an intensifier (literally 'big'). So if I had to take guess he's throwing 'ai' at the ones he sees at family and then a more romantic one for Shinobu and Yukihime and then he kinda got drunk and went "I love you! And I love YOU! I loving LOVE ALL OF YOU!" on Karin and the rest.

But that's just a guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read?volume_id=389&chapter_num=109.00

:thumbsup:

Saw the punchline coming a mile away, laughed anyway. Tota's personality is positivity itself. Karin is a mess.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

New chapter! http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?series_id=205&chapter_num=109

So Karin is Judas Iscariot?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

YEAH WHAT THE HELL

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, it seems like there's little room for another interpretation of it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hah. Touta's harem is built organically, no chemicals added!

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I can at least honestly say I would never have seen that coming.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This retroactively makes me hate that we didn't see her in Negima. She was around, sorta!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Touta's more powerful than his granddad and greatgranddad combined.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

rizzen posted:

Same here. Karin needs to go back to owning people, though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

rizzen posted:

Yeah, that was unexpected. Neat though, considering Touta just declared he's gonna punch God in the face.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007

Allarion posted:

Yeah, that was unexpected. Neat though, considering Touta just declared he's gonna punch God in the face.

Well, going by Genesis 32:22-32 , it is possible to wrestle with God and win...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

FrantzX posted:

Well, going by Genesis 32:22-32 , it is possible to wrestle with God and win...

Unless there's multiple instances of wrestling (and it's the bible so that's not exactly impossible), wasn't that an angel?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Unless there's multiple instances of wrestling (and it's the bible so that's not exactly impossible), wasn't that an angel?

It's a little ambiguous

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
That is some next-level kabe-don there.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

UQ Holder: my immortal gender-swapped Judas can't be this cute

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nice.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Chapter 110 up on Crunchyroll.

I really didn't expect Eva to just say that straight up

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ChronoReverse posted:

Chapter 110 up on Crunchyroll.

I really didn't expect Eva to just say that straight up

I AM
SO
Okay with this. The two endings I wanted from Negima were Chisame and Eva, after all

Also, drat. Seeing "kitty" must be really weird for him on some level.

e:

loving springfields.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
To be continued in two weeks :negative:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GodFish posted:

To be continued in two weeks :negative:

We all know why

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PerrineClostermann posted:

loving springfields.

Springfield gene confirmed.

Also, the Yukihiro School has an undressing technique? Guess Ayaka really did learn a lot from Negi, although I guess his were technically accidental magical overcharges of his disarming spells.

Hopefully we'll get to the actual Mahora tournament soon, if Eva is bringing it up again.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:love:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

YOU GOT SHUT DOWN SON

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's really unusual to see this level of honesty in a relationship.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kyte posted:

It's really unusual to see this level of honesty in a relationship.

Uh, you mean manga relationship, right?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Fiction, but yes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I wonder if there's nearly as many bath shenanigans as various media has told me in cultures with a public bath tradition.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gyges posted:

I wonder if there's nearly as many bath shenanigans as various media has told me in cultures with a public bath tradition.

Pompeii graffiti is hilarious, look it up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rodyle posted:

Pompeii graffiti is hilarious, look it up.

This is pretty true of all Roman graffiti. Dudes loved them some giant dick drawings.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Gyges posted:

Historically, Japan did mixed sex public bathing, during which as far as I can tell the general attitude was "who cares." I would guess sort of like cultures where women go topless, no one finds it sexy.

Then it got westernized and, while public bathing is still big there, it's now segregated by sex. It was a gradual process, with more traditional establishments remaining mixed sex for longer, but now mixed bathing is pretty much gone. As far as I can tell all the jokes and fetishization of mixed bathing pretty much happened after it stopped actually being a thing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My memory of the Negima ending is sketchy, was Negi being imprisoned by the Mage of the Beginning something that happened in the "first" ending or the lame "second" one where Asuna was brought back? Or was it neither?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Neither. After the ending of Negima he went after the mage of the beginning, beat him, got trapped like what happened to Nagi. What happened to Nagi is unclear. At the very least, it doesn't seem like that epilogue chapter where the girls met ala rubra happened. The fact that Asuna wasn't present for that one immortal-hating dude's flashback is rather telling, too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah wasn't Negima ending #1 that he was, like, dead dead? So UQ Holder is some sort of third timeline I guess.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Oh yeah wasn't Negima ending #1 that he was, like, dead dead? So UQ Holder is some sort of third timeline I guess.

Or he's going to die. Negima ending #1 was considerably further in the future than UQ Holder (so far, at least. They are immortal after all.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess if Asuna isn't sealed in this timeline she could have died of natural causes. She is negi's great-great-great-etc aunt, but I figure they just kept her in stasis until she was needed as a weapon. She aged normally once she got away from the lovely destroyed magic kingdom.

• Locked thread