Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

With all of the threats to the Roberts family and doxing that gets posted in this thread, it's weird that Reddit never screenshots any of it. Or links to it. At all. Ever.
It is known.

There's no need to screenshot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Truga posted:

I'd just like to say that Naval Action is out on steam early access some time in the next 2 days. It has an open world, up to 25v25 ship battles, lots of ports to capture, ultra violence realism and boring PvE missions. Plus, it's fairly expensive at 40 bucks.

Basically, everything SC ever advertised, but set in the Caribbean.

That looks sweet. But MMO + early access + sail ships = definitely wait for the reviews.

I hope it's good and goons rush in to make fishing pacts and drama

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Samizdata posted:

I am seeing Ben as more of a Pizza The Hutt out of Spaceballs, what with the grease and dubious hygiene and all.

Too much detail, too much hard work - croberts 2016

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Samizdata posted:

You know who else had a personality disorder?

Sandi?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
im going to read THE gently caress out of these reddit posts

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Friendly Tumour posted:

im going to read THE gently caress out of these reddit posts

Me too, it's almost like being there.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AP posted:

Me too, it's almost like being there.

One day... We'll all be reddit

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41vl7i/possible_211_patch_to_ptu_today/

My predictions for the patch notes.

Elevator still eats people.

Fixed a problem with the fish eating other fish, but caused the aquarium to become a broken object.

Sped up a ship slightly.
Slowed down a ship slightly.

43 g/b d/l required.

paaarp

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man just leave matilda alone, no reason to give them a sense of purpose and validation by arguing with him, his whole world will collapse with CIG soon enough anyhow.

IDK it seems like a waste of energy to engage on their level when they are plenty adept at self destruction

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also, missed 90's chat but this was basically the pattern of the 90s.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

man just leave matilda alone, no reason to give them a sense of purpose and validation by arguing with him, his whole world will collapse with CIG soon enough anyhow.

IDK it seems like a waste of energy to engage on their level when they are plenty adept at self destruction

lol if you don't value a good meltdown

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Goddamn this thread moves fast.

Unlike the development of the actual game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Derek is in the "Matilda=Sandi" camp and has repeatedly said he wants to get Sandi on the stand.

My prediction is that there won't be any "Just Walk Away" letter, and Derek's gonna drop the :woof:

:suspense:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Friendly Tumour posted:

Deploying healing salve

RIP the most iconic thing in Eve. Thanks for making the reference :unsmith:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Google Butt posted:

lol if you don't value a good meltdown

I do but I think these people loving feed off it. Like they'll melt down on their own I think but whatevs who am I to say what to do

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah, and it skews the perspective so that the regular citizen drama pales in comparison, which is a bad thing

Because regular citizen drama is sustainable and good while karl drama is awful and destructive

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

BMan posted:

The Sandi-Bot is live:

http://robo-roberts.appspot.com/sandi

There wasn't a lot of data to work with, so the neural network came out more retarded than usual :pwn:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

imagine how hosed up it would be to have to sit in a court room and read your post history out loud o.0

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

What.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah it ties into their "Lifetime Insurance is basically worthless but we're going to keep making you think it isn't by making it scarce" plot.

The big reason people were clamoring for unmelting to become a thing is because it's one of only two ways to get back a ship that you had previously purchased that came with LTI. The only other way to do it is wait for there to be a concept sale for a ship that's cheaper than what you had, buy it, and then upgrade it later to the ship that you want. It's not very complicated, but it requires there to be a concept sale for a ship in a very specific price range to be going on. And, because ships get more expensive every time they are sold (for example the LTI Freelancer in the initial campaign cost $110, but if you buy one or upgrade to one now, it will cost $125) people were paying extra just to have the same ship they had bought and melted a year ago.

People were requesting the ability to unmelt stuff because it would bypass all of that. With unmelting you could get your LTI Freelancer back without having to jump through hoops or pay extra money for it. And since LTI is made artificially scarce, that would have been a hell of a deal. So CIG relents and gives them unmelting, but because everything at CIG is about maximizing income, they make the pretty obvious decision of making it impossible to use your store credit.

I'm not sure they can even say LTI is worthless because if they've designed an economy they sure have kept it well under wraps. Just some vague Chris'isms about a mid tier jpeg taking X hours to earn ingame for a new player. When fans ran the numbers for earning potential against stats we've been given for other jpegs it didn't add up of course.

They've painted themselves into a corner with LTI and my feeling is if the game does ever ship with any sort of persistent economy then it won't be worthless after all, would piss off too many backers who are likely to be the vast majority of players. Certainly they'll be the ones who are buying credits and all that nonsense.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That's him in the wendy house

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
forums magic

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Too much detail, too much hard work - croberts 2016

But, but, I am a concierge backer and I posted it in the requests thread...

That was pretty much where I was aiming, with a quick hope someone would think I was :godwin:...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That's retarded and awful. Where can you buy them?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
If you've the stomach for it...

TWITCH: INN's One Year Anniversary Livestream

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Probe into Zano drone scandal released http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35356147

quote:

In more than 13,000 words he describes the origins of the Torquing Group, a business that was essentially the personal mission of self-taught engineer Ivan Reedman to build a marketable drone; how clever - though misleading - marketing turned the Zano into a Kickstarter sensation, galloping past its original funding target; and then the disaster which unfolded as Reedman and his colleagues discovered they just did not have the skills or the experience to mass produce the mini-drone.

He does raise serious questions about the video which excited so much interest in the project. Reedman denies that CGI, other drones or even selfie sticks were used to create a misleading picture of what the Zano could do but admits that the video shows features that were not operational at the time it was shot.

In fact, as I found when I came to shoot a demo of the project last August, the Zano never delivered what was promised in the video.

But it was not only potential backers who swallowed exaggerations in the marketing campaign. Kickstarter chose Zano as a "staff pick" and the tech news site Engadget shortlisted it for its best of CES 2015 award, even though the Torquing team could not demonstrate the drone flying at the show. As late as October, Popular Science chose it as one of its 100 most amazing innovations of 2015.

Pretend I just quoted the whole article

I can't wait for SC to burn to the ground

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

Also, missed 90's chat but this was basically the pattern of the 90s.

Pretty sure I had a track jacket with that pattern. Because 90s.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
O-oook this thread's getting loving weird...i'm just gonna go over here..... :suspense:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Berious posted:

I'm not sure they can even say LTI is worthless because if they've designed an economy they sure have kept it well under wraps. Just some vague Chris'isms about a mid tier jpeg taking X hours to earn ingame for a new player. When fans ran the numbers for earning potential against stats we've been given for other jpegs it didn't add up of course.

They've painted themselves into a corner with LTI and my feeling is if the game does ever ship with any sort of persistent economy then it won't be worthless after all, would piss off too many backers who are likely to be the vast majority of players. Certainly they'll be the ones who are buying credits and all that nonsense.

That's dead on. They've really stepped in it with the LTI. They can't get rid of it, because then people would lose their loving minds. But at the same time, they can't make it too OP or all the people they are trying to get to buy spaceships that don't have it will just say "gently caress that" AND they can't make it too underpowered because then nobody would pay a premium to unmelt their LTI StarFucker for $1000 bucks. LTI is one of the big drivers of concept sales, too.

What they SHOULD have done from the beginning is just give every ship that was ever purchased with real money LTI - because A) it's fair and B) if they end up making insurance work the way I think they will, it really won't be a huge advantage (sort of akin to how some games let you buy stuff that earns you a tiny bit more xp per kill or whatever). This way there's never any chance of some autist losing his thousand dollar spaceship but there also is at least some incentive to buying ships now because they will have LTI.

Instead they decided to make it only for original backers, then only for original and veteran, and then open it up so anybody who bought a ship for Christmas could get it, and now concept sales, etc. etc. until they really have nowhere to go with it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

blerghh no way. Of all the members of the rogues gallary Dolvak is definitely my most hated. He's just the definition of a myopic tool.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Chalks posted:

What the gently caress am I even doing there. It's insanity all the way down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz5cplb

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

blerghh no way. Of all the members of the rogues gallary Dolvak is definitely my most hated. He's just the definition of a myopic tool.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Legal from hell.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
You know your plan is insane when most of /r/DerekSmart thinks you're going way too far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz5cnz6

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like that they're using a Goon made gif.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
They act as if Sandi has nothing to do with SC lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

CrazyLoon posted:

Legal from hell.