Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The bad news...

Blake Judd of Nachtmystium, etc. fame has returned to social media after a lengthy absence. Back in 2014 Judd‘s now apparent past struggles with substance abuse saw him rip off numerous fans with bogus pre-orders, among other less than savory acts, eventually landing him in jail. Judd himself claims to now be sober and offered the following to his upset past fans:

“I went to rehab (somehow, I survived) and now live in another state, have been sober for a few months, am employed and have absolutely nothing to do with music anymore nor do I wish to. My girlfriend has nothing to do with drugs at all or metal at all, so you’re barking up the wrong tree there. She knows all about all of this though and understands that it all happened and it is what it is. Today I am just trying to be healthy and happy and the farthest thing from the person I used to be, taking it one day at a time.

I am truly sorry for anyone who fell victim to my behavior when I was in the throes of addiction, and when I am capable of making amends to those people, I will. Harassing me or my loved ones here will do nothing to fix anything. Fortunately I survived and I intend on doing the right thing in places where I did wrong in the past. That’s all I have to say. Direct anything any of you want to say at me. Don’t bother other people who have nothing to do with any of this.”

Having been called out for the vague nature of his statement of making amends, Judd replied to another Facebook user:

“…When I am capable means when I am capable. I am not going to promise anyone anything when I dont have the means to follow through on it. Right now, I dont have those means. You have no idea what Im coming back from, kid. And if I wasnt who I am, you wouldn’t care nor would anyone else. Every junkie lies, cheats and steals from someone….I’m no different.

Not pretending to be. But what I’m not today is full of poo poo. And I’d be full of poo poo to say I am going to start paying back debts when I don’t have the ability to do it. My road back to normalcy is going to be a long one. Some day though, I will do something with the list I have compiled of the people whom I owe money to for merch. Until then, yeah, it’ll be ‘when Im capable’.”

The good news...

Absu would be embarking on their first full American tour since 2013, with stops in 42 cities, on their “Merelogical Nihilism Connexus Tour”.

March 17, 2016: Richmond, VA – Strange Matter
March 18, 2016: Charlotte, NC – Amos’ Southend (with Abbath & High On Fire)
March 19, 2016: Charleston, SC – The Tin Roof
March 20, 2016: Jacksonville, FL – Burro Bar
March 22, 2016: Tampa, FL – Brass Mug
March 23, 2016: Gainesville, FL – The Atlantic
March 24, 2016: Atlanta, GA – The Basement
March 25, 2016: New Orleans, LA – Siberia
March 26, 2016: Houston, TX – Walter’s
March 27, 2016: San Antonio, TX – The Korova
March 28, 2016: Corpus Christi, TX – Boozerz
March 29, 2016: Austin, TX – The Sidewinder
March 30, 2016: Arlington, TX – Diamond Jim’s Saloon
March31, 2016: El Paso, TX – The Sandbox
April 1, 2016: Scottsdale, AZ – The Rogue
April 2, 2016: San Diego, CA – Brick By Brick
April 3, 2016: Los Angeles, CA – Complex
April 5, 2016: Bakersfield, CA – Babylon
April 6, 2016: Oakland, CA – Metro Operahouse
April 7, 201616: Sacramento, CA – Starlite Lounge
April 8, 2016: Portland, OR – Ash Street Saloon (Northwestern Black Circle Fest)
April9, 201616: Victoria, BC – Upstairs Cabaret
April10, 2016: Vancouver, BC – Astoria Pub
April 11, 2016: Seattle, WA – The Highline
April 12, 2016: Missoula, MT – The V
April 13, 2016: Boise, ID – The Shredder
April 14, 2016: Salt Lake City, UT – Metro Bar
April 15, 2016: Denver, CO – Hi-Dive
April 16, 2016: Kansas City, MO – The Riot Room
April 17, 2016: St. Louis, MO – Fubar
April 18, 2016: Omaha, NE – Lookout Lounge
April 19, 2016: Minneapolis, MN – Triple Rock
April 20, 2016: Milwaukee, WI – Frank’s Power Plant
April 21, 2016: Columbus, OH – The Summit
April 22, 2016: Pittsburgh, PA – The Smiling Moose
April 23, 2016: Rochester, NY – Bug Jar
April 25, 2016: Burlington, VT – T.B.A
April 26, 2016: Portland, ME – Space Gallery
April 27, 2016: Somerville, MA – ONCE Lounge
April 28, 2016: Brooklyn, NY – Saint Vitus
April 29, 2016: Philadelphia, PA – Kung Fu Necktie
April 30, 2016: Raleigh, NC – The Maywood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Sweet maybe sometime in 2020 I'll actually get any of the merch I gave him ~$100 for. (Just kidding it's never going to happen)

I'm stoked to see Absu though. Their self-titled is still one of my favorite all time albums. And I could feasibly see them in both Charlotte and Raleigh!

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
lol the maywood, that's going to be loving nuts

Scrambles fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 11, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'd be mad about no Chicago date but they're playing Metal Threat Fest with Inquisition among others in July. Would rather see them at a standard show though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I completely forgot the brass mug still exists.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Can someone link me a good Spotify playlist of late 80s/early 90s Scandinavian black metal? Thanks!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Seeing Absu on 4/20 in a small club. Soooo stoked.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Absu - Tara is a crazy album. That's my fave.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

The bad news...

Blake Judd of Nachtmystium, etc. fame has returned to social media after a lengthy absence. Back in 2014 Judd‘s now apparent past struggles with substance abuse saw him rip off numerous fans with bogus pre-orders, among other less than savory acts, eventually landing him in jail. Judd himself claims to now be sober and offered the following to his upset past fans:

“I went to rehab (somehow, I survived) and now live in another state, have been sober for a few months, am employed and have absolutely nothing to do with music anymore nor do I wish to. My girlfriend has nothing to do with drugs at all or metal at all, so you’re barking up the wrong tree there. She knows all about all of this though and understands that it all happened and it is what it is. Today I am just trying to be healthy and happy and the farthest thing from the person I used to be, taking it one day at a time.

I am truly sorry for anyone who fell victim to my behavior when I was in the throes of addiction, and when I am capable of making amends to those people, I will. Harassing me or my loved ones here will do nothing to fix anything. Fortunately I survived and I intend on doing the right thing in places where I did wrong in the past. That’s all I have to say. Direct anything any of you want to say at me. Don’t bother other people who have nothing to do with any of this.”

Having been called out for the vague nature of his statement of making amends, Judd replied to another Facebook user:

“…When I am capable means when I am capable. I am not going to promise anyone anything when I dont have the means to follow through on it. Right now, I dont have those means. You have no idea what Im coming back from, kid. And if I wasnt who I am, you wouldn’t care nor would anyone else. Every junkie lies, cheats and steals from someone….I’m no different.

Not pretending to be. But what I’m not today is full of poo poo. And I’d be full of poo poo to say I am going to start paying back debts when I don’t have the ability to do it. My road back to normalcy is going to be a long one. Some day though, I will do something with the list I have compiled of the people whom I owe money to for merch. Until then, yeah, it’ll be ‘when Im capable’.”

He's claimed to be off drugs before iirc, he's ripped off enough people that I can't imagine anyone is going to want to deal with him regardless of what he says.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I honestly haven't listened to their last two albums much but I'll never not be excited to see Nile, especially in a cozy venue.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
Wow, going to BAKERSFIELD but not Fresno? gently caress this town.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Blue Wher posted:

Wow, going to BAKERSFIELD but not Fresno? gently caress this town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7AuxIxFW9I

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Zodijackylite posted:

Batushka is pretty cool. Black/death/doom with clean vocals, some melody, and a good atmosphere. Easily digestable.

https://witchinghourproductions.bandcamp.com/album/litourgiya

I just got around to checking this out and it's fantastic, doom-y atmospheric black metal is definitely my poo poo.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
I just put out my first BM release. This is the lead track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6HRY9O1qE

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
I'm really enjoying the EP Gnosis by Spectral Lore. 50 minutes of creepy, beautiful ambient BM.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Not bad. Distorted vocals (or whatever term it is) are not quite my thing but the pace changes and guitar was alright. Post the rest of the album when its up. I'd like to hear it all the way through.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Danny LaFever posted:

Not bad. Distorted vocals (or whatever term it is) are not quite my thing but the pace changes and guitar was alright. Post the rest of the album when its up. I'd like to hear it all the way through.

Here's a Youtube playlist with the full EP.

If you're not into screamed vocals here's a vocal-less track from the EP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjLphvfahpE

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Well, you've got the Ildjarn vocal sound down.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
here, listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2neMh1nys

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Kickass, this is good.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Weoooooo gonna go see Absu in Sacramento hopefully I don't get stabbed by a nazi

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

Nigel Tufnel posted:

This is really good but it's not on the metal archives so how do I know you're not trying to trick me into being a poser?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Release a small batch (say 20) lathe cut 7 inch records and sell them only to Goons and be kvlt as gently caress.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Misandry Cannon posted:

This is really good but it's not on the metal archives so how do I know you're not trying to trick me into being a poser?

Busted. It's actually a leaked Dani Filth side project. It's not.

Nigel Tufnel fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 21, 2016

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.
Here's a cool one man BM project I found on Bandcamp the other day and enjoyed quite a bit. It's nothing incredibly ambitious, but it all feels solid and well put together, and the recording quality's good for a one man outfit.

Ecferus - Pangaea

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

"Baseball is chaos!"

Robophile posted:

Here's a cool one man BM project I found on Bandcamp the other day and enjoyed quite a bit. It's nothing incredibly ambitious, but it all feels solid and well put together, and the recording quality's good for a one man outfit.

Ecferus - Pangaea

Ooh this is quite nice, yes.

This from the label that also signed another solo atmoblack project called Mare Cognitum

E: And speaking of them, this release is also coming up, and it's all :psyduck: . Has a bit of a rawer DSO vibe.

Blue Wher fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

"Baseball is chaos!"

Savage af but true

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blue Wher posted:

Ooh this is quite nice, yes.

This from the label that also signed another solo atmoblack project called Mare Cognitum

E: And speaking of them, this release is also coming up, and it's all :psyduck: . Has a bit of a rawer DSO vibe.

Mare Cognitum rules so I'm going to go check out that link.

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.

Blue Wher posted:

Yeah, I checked this one out as well, but couldn't wrap my head around it in a single sitting. I'll give it another shot, see if I can digest enough to form an opinion.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Off to see Abbath tonight. Hope some of the old Immortal stuff makes a showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF-ly6UruHQ

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Apologies for the FB link, but I am certain some of you will find this amusing.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
I am really loving enjoying the new Iskra.

https://iskracrust.bandcamp.com/album/ruins

Any other new RABM releases to listen to?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just dropping in to say that Nadra - Allir vegir til glotunar is really good. Icelandic band with members of Misthyrming.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

"Baseball is chaos!"

So I found Skygge the other day, and they're pretty cool.

Also this new Depressive BM band called Trubsal

Also this album is pretty cool too.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I just came across UADA who it looks like are doing some tour dates with Absu. The last minute of this song :vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_C9lqKkJg

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Aetergap is releasing the first five Panphage releases on a CD with some real nice presentation. Panphage is great and this is a good way to get a big chunk of their discography in one release.

Also, they have another split tape out this one with Thul.

http://www.aetergap.com/

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Is anyone going to Migration Fest? It's a collaboration between Gilead Media and 20 Buck Spin happening in Washington state this August. Tickets are going pretty fast.

I don't really participate in any online metal communities, so I'm the oddball traveling across the country just for this without knowing a single person going and I honestly couldn't be more excited. There are still a handful of bands yet to be announced, but a lot of people are excited just for seeing Panopticon live from what I can tell. The feedback on the Facebook page for the event has been pretty exciting to witness.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I went to Gilead Fest 2014 in Oshkosh and I'm jealous he's doing it in WA this year. It's gonna loving own, wish I could be there.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

nerve posted:

I went to Gilead Fest 2014 in Oshkosh and I'm jealous he's doing it in WA this year. It's gonna loving own, wish I could be there.
drat, I'm envious. I live in Madison, so I'm pissed I never knew about Gilead Media until the last year or so when I started really broadening my metal horizons. Makes me really sad to think of what I might be missing out on now let alone what's happened before. Still, I couldn't pass this one up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maikzor
Feb 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3qdlvZSMe0

This turned up in my weekly tip playlist on spotify. Thought I'd share.

maikzor fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 6, 2016