Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Baal posted:

10 Roll for nothing but CEs I'm never gonna use, awesome

Same here, these gacha rates are slowly making me want to uninstall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Also i'm really tired of Saberfaces

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm getting pushed that way too. Gee, thanks for four 3* Servants I already had and never use - hell, two of them were Lancers to add insult to injury considering this event, and another was the terrible Babbage, who I've never seen anyone use. And of the three 4* and three 3* CEs it gave me, it included the incredibly lovely Holy Shroud of Magdalene and Parted Sea. Gave me a whole one of the new CEs, and only the 3* one at that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How are you supposed to grind any of these 40ap Saber Wars quests, they all have bosses with too much hp

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

Baal posted:

How are you supposed to grind any of these 40ap Saber Wars quests, they all have bosses with too much hp

Using the Lily CE and the Arturia Star CE since they increase the Servant's attack power by 100% and everyone's attack power by 50% respectively.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I figured that, but then you get further in and you have poo poo like 400k Tesla, 989k Scathach, and 1mil+ MH X with a 3 turn NP. After a certain point the game obviously wants you to be using Saber Faces for the boosts, but even then that doesn't really explain why the gently caress Tesla is one of the bosses since most of them are Sabers and none of them have an advantage on him. Like Scathach I get, because with the boosts you can poo poo all over her easily. This entire event just seems kinda poo poo and annoying especially with its 2Mil maximum to get everything for the ahoges.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This event is bad, imo

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

Baal posted:

I figured that, but then you get further in and you have poo poo like 400k Tesla, 989k Scathach, and 1mil+ MH X with a 3 turn NP. After a certain point the game obviously wants you to be using Saber Faces for the boosts, but even then that doesn't really explain why the gently caress Tesla is one of the bosses since most of them are Sabers and none of them have an advantage on him. Like Scathach I get, because with the boosts you can poo poo all over her easily. This entire event just seems kinda poo poo and annoying especially with its 2Mil maximum to get everything for the ahoges.

Technically you are not supposed to do those until you buy all the CEs in the shop and get at least an Arturia Star, which is why they give easier quest to get the 150 of every currency. Also the game is probably counting on you having Heroine X and Nero since they are perfect to survive through everything, by virtue of class and skills at least.

Besides if it's like Honnouji, getting those 2mil will be easier since the dailies will start giving outrageous points in a week.

Freak Futanari posted:

This event is bad, imo

It's exactly the same as the Nobunaga event which was good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

laith_rem posted:

Technically you are not supposed to do those until you buy all the CEs in the shop and get at least an Arturia Star, which is why they give easier quest to get the 150 of every currency. Also the game is probably counting on you having Heroine X and Nero since they are perfect to survive through everything, by virtue of class and skills at least.

Besides if it's like Honnouji, getting those 2mil will be easier since the dailies will start giving outrageous points in a week.

Okay, but that still doesn't answer my question on how you're supposed to buff your team high enough to meet the damage rate you need to beat something like Tesla with a team full of characters who can actually do the damage the game wants you do without it being terribly gimped thanks to the servant triangle. I can hit about 150%, and with the Lily CE I can hit about 16k with Okita on normal enemies, but I'm still not able to kill Jeanne in a more than like 8 turns because of her servant damage poo poo and I actually have most of the servants I need, aside from like MH X or Nero, who are the only big ones I'm missing. Basing your missions in this unreliable damage gimmick is stupid. It's nothing like the Honnoji one, because the Honnoji requires actual proper management of trash servants you've got to grind faster and if you don't have them then all it does is slow the grind more. There were definitely some missions that gently caress that up a bit later on, but there were still enough higher end ones to actually make up for it. It's not like this dumbass Tesla or MH X one where the game expects you to do this insane level of output where you can offset the damage they can pile onto you, especially Tesla who most of your team would be weak to and die in one hit against so you have to do enough to kill him in three hits or die, even throwing Scathach on your team is a bad idea at this point, because she doesn't benefit from the boosts as much and even with weakness advantage she can't eat his health up any faster than the sabers you have.

Having Lily being one of the two highest multipliers is a bad idea too because her damage already sucks even for a 4-Star Saber even with the power boost you can get for her. You're basically forced to use a slot for her because she's too easy to get and too useful to not use, but she herself is not good enough to put on the frontlines, so you throw her in the back and pray you don't have to use her. It's not like Oda who actually is a really strong 4-Star servant and probably the best 4-Star Archer, not that there's good competition since Emiya isn't setting the world on fire, but still. it's also ridiculous to expect to fill the entire team with 5-Star CEs the game gives you for free, because you more than likely don't have the party room to equip them to all of the characters and buff them because the game hasn't provided enough in the way of master exp to get you to the point where that's feasible, people are just now barely scraping to 110 and those are the dedicated ones. I mean this is a cute concept and I'm sure the story dialogue is hilarious, but this already kind of tedious to play and this game did not need a gimmick centered around some of the most boringly designed characters even if I do like most of them. The dailies are whatever, there's not gonna be a daily that just starts dropping like 500k in your lap, you'll get a lot by the end but if you can't get what the game needs you to get then you're basically hosed on getting max Lily NP.

I'm still happy they added MH X to the game though, she's like my favorite version of Artoria, now I just need to pull her.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 21, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said if you are one of the people who had Lily before this event then you basically have a million free gold exp cards, because getting the items to redeem for those is easy as hell.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The Nobunaga Event was ok and I did manage to get all the points to get the prizes, but farming for that was aggravating and I couldn't buy up the mats in the event shop because I was more focused on making sure I got everything for Archer Nobu and the event CE. Saber Wars is kind of following the same suit where you'd probably have to spend monies in order to get good rolls/get everything.

One day, I want an event where I can win a husband even though event waifus will always be a-ok.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

laith_rem posted:

So all three of those 5* Lily CE's in the store I want to save up for right?

I'm also thinking that I almost have 40 quarts, 153 mana prisms. I think I'll try to get as many golden tickets as I can, save up for 40 quartz, and then probably buy 40 quartz to maximize my chances of getting some good stuff this event.

I'm a working adult damnit I can afford to throw some money at this game every once in a while...

What blows my mind is that this game if I could keep track of hours played is probably #3 in comparison to my 100+ Steam games, just under Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got sick of waiting so I decided to yolo roll and loving pulled a nero, lol

SMILE PROTECTED FINALLY

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 21, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nero's new interlude gives her a battle continuation skill too, congrats Baal for joining the UMU ranks.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's not just battle continuation, its triple battle continuation.

For Tesla you're supposed to field a Lancer in your back row. Or a friend Scathach if possible.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Kyte posted:

It's not just battle continuation, its triple battle continuation.

It would be funny if the Kairi CE worked while another Battle Continuation effect was active but it wasn't meant to be. Nero would've been impossible to kill to during the duration of Battle Continuation effect, outside of dispel shenanigans, if mechanics allowed that.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Whoever has Tamamo no Mae your the only reason I can effectively do these Ruler quests even if it means I basically just spam her NP every 4 turns trying to out sustain her. I think my record was about 40 times, just trying to out heal her damage.

This time though, Mashu finally survived until Ruler, so I think its easier this time around.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The real trick to beat the Ruler fight reasonably is to find someone with a max level & upgraded Servant such as Scathach or Okita that has Purely Bloom attached.

edit: Suppose you could try a high-level Berserker too, but I just find them too fragile for those sorts of gauntlets.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 22, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Lord Koth posted:

The real trick to beat the Ruler fight reasonably is to find someone with a max level & upgraded Servant such as Scathach or Okita that has Purely Bloom attached.

edit: Suppose you could try a high-level Berserker too, but I just find them too fragile for those sorts of gauntlets.

I've been gradually trying to find more friends but there's only so many. :shobon:

e: Woooooooo Saber Lily! My collection grows! Now I can get the extra bonus. Although I don't think I have the level's to reliably farm the Scathach node even with 3 Blooms. My Servants just die by the time I get to the third wave.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 22, 2016

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So is the latter half of this likely to bring a boosted Grand Summon phase or something?

Any reason I should hold on to the only 40Q I'm likely to be able to during the event?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/NomoraTheVNGuy/status/690318455422259200

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Arbite posted:

So is the latter half of this likely to bring a boosted Grand Summon phase or something?

Any reason I should hold on to the only 40Q I'm likely to be able to during the event?

The boosted gacha is already here, and it is only boosted Heroine X and Nero. If you want neither of them, then hold onto your quartz.

E: Forgot Saber Alter is boosted, too.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My only assassins are Kojiro and Stheno. X seems like she's good despite her situational drawbacks.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
I'm still somewhat confused as to how I can actually efficiently earn points in Saber Wars, am I supposed to grind those events with Tesla, Scathathiawatha and Super Heroine?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Grausherra posted:

I'm still somewhat confused as to how I can actually efficiently earn points in Saber Wars, am I supposed to grind those events with Tesla, Scathathiawatha and Super Heroine?

Apparently; it seems some people can insta gib them with the right set up.

I got Lily to level 50 so she's useful now, my goal is to get Okita and Mordred to 70 and maybe then I can attempt to grind Tesla for lenses for ascension items to further bring them to 80 or 90. But the AP makes me sad.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Raenir Salazar posted:

Apparently; it seems some people can insta gib them with the right set up.

I got Lily to level 50 so she's useful now, my goal is to get Okita and Mordred to 70 and maybe then I can attempt to grind Tesla for lenses for ascension items to further bring them to 80 or 90. But the AP makes me sad.

I can easily imagine that, sadly my Saber line-up is awful and nearly everyone on my friendlist is using Arturia Saber or Alter with Zelretch instead of the damage CE.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wow you have a bad friend list.

Anyways, Jeanne, Tesla and Scach give out the low, mid and high-rarity drops, respectively, so farm those to get the Lily CEs to increase your power. At 100k ahoges you get the 5th one and at 200k you get the first Arturia Star (the MHX & Lily CE). Don't bother grinding MHZ, it only gives ahoges and IMO totally not enough to be worth the effort.
Tesla should be easy if you give a Bloom (the Lily CE) to a Lancer.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kyte posted:

Arturia Star (the MHX & Lily CE)

Please don't forget about Mashu being there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've started being able to beat Tesla after befriending a Karna who uses the Lily CE, so I'm sold on that one. All I need to do is grind all of the Dragon's Teeth and Saber Statues I can before I'm done with lenses then I have to start grinding tubes for gold statues.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Look for friend with maxed lily CE, there's a green gem thing on the bottom right of the CE to indicate that. Maxed lily CE give 200% boost.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Whats happening on the lvl90 event stage? I'm an idiot, so I wasted my command spells on Scathach and I don't want to go in there blind.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
1mil Mysterious Heroine X. Everything else in there is pretty easy to deal with, but you need to roll up with the Saber Crew if you want her dealt with with as little casualties as possible.

Also why does it feel like the MHX CE doesn't boost my whole team? Or does it only go into effect when the battle starts?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

Wow you have a bad friend list.

Anyways, Jeanne, Tesla and Scach give out the low, mid and high-rarity drops, respectively, so farm those to get the Lily CEs to increase your power. At 100k ahoges you get the 5th one and at 200k you get the first Arturia Star (the MHX & Lily CE). Don't bother grinding MHZ, it only gives ahoges and IMO totally not enough to be worth the effort.
Tesla should be easy if you give a Bloom (the Lily CE) to a Lancer.

Is Jeanne worth farming for Ahoges and/or nice items? Does she give more lenses then the 25 AP farm or not enough Ap efficently?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's worth farming because she drops a ton of stuff for you to get easy exp cards and stat boosts. That being said your priority should lean towards what you need/can reasonably do. You'll want to keep doing as much higher level poo poo as conceivably possible to keep up on your ahoges and hers also isn't too bad if you just need to do that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Jeanne: Best Transistor drop (Or do 20 ap if you can't handle it)
Tesla: Best Lens drop (Or do 25 ap if you can't handle it)
Scathach: Best Tube drop (Or do the first 40 ap if you can't handle it)
Heroine Z: Best Artonium drop

Heroine Z is a pain, so I would recommend grinding Scathach instead.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I can beat Jeanne, probably easier now that I've figured out how to edit my party ordering and now have the CE's; it's just takes 40 minutes. :v:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want for them to release an "EMIYA Lily" that's just a very confused Shirou with terrible godawful stats.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

Please don't forget about Mashu being there.

I don't, but you don't see her in the minicard.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is Jeanne worth farming for Ahoges and/or nice items? Does she give more lenses then the 25 AP farm or not enough Ap efficently?

She doesn't give lenses, she gives transistors.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

I want for them to release an "EMIYA Lily" that's just a very confused Shirou with terrible godawful stats.

I'm still hoping for Avenger being the first gold 1 star who's incapable of killing something with his NP. Just terrible stats, and all he does is make fun of your waifus in his myroom lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

I'm still hoping for Avenger being the first gold 1 star who's incapable of killing something with his NP. Just terrible stats, and all he does is make fun of your waifus in his myroom lines.

I'll honestly be really disappointed if they make Avenger actually good. I want him and i want him to be the weakest Servant