Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Hey, wait a minute...that's right, we fought Violen too. Alright, well then here's his dialogue as well.

Violen: X, I shall crush you like a tin can!

Violen: Gahahahaha! I, Violen the Mighty’ll grind you down and spit you out with my power!

(X defeats Violen.)

Violen: It cannot be! Now the unification is in jeopardy!

Violen: G-G-G-GGGUUUUUUHHHH… where are you hiding all that power?!

(Violen leaves)

You got Zero Part No. 2!

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MithosKuu posted:

I would love to see the original script for X5 as there is some weird poo poo going on there as well.

I'm sure you'll talk quite a bit on X5's localisation. It's something that makes me irrationally angry despite the fact that I shouldn't. I actually really enjoy the storyline of that game but I get the feeling the cutscenes get butchered in the translation as well.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I don't think there's such thing as a well translated X game though.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'll be honest, I had that same weird thing about the first X when I first got it, all I saw were mets popping up and completely blanked out the numbers.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

hopeandjoy posted:

What are you talking about? Between prophecies, underground "lavatories", bilzards, Guns and Roses going maverick, seemingly random plot points brought up and then dropped forever in a single scene, and X 6 in general, I would say that the X series localization scripts are on par with Shakespeare.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

FeyerbrandX posted:

I'll be honest, I had that same weird thing about the first X when I first got it, all I saw were mets popping up and completely blanked out the numbers.

With X1 I actually thought you had to pay attention to the order the mets popped up or something. I dunno, I was a stupid child.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Tch, CRUD! You did Serges as well huh? Man, I REALLY should've watched that new episode earlier...well, here's Serges then, where one can spot a fairly major difference between the two versions...

Serges: I am Serges and I cannot allow you to stop the unification! It is for the good of all!

Serges: My name is Serges. You seem to be doing well, but, can you go on for much longer? Hmm?

(X wins against Serges)

Serges: You have merely delayed the inevitable. We will meet again…

Serges: Impressive… perhaps I will retreat this one time.

(Serges withdraws)

You got Zero’s Head Parts!

So yeah, absolutely no mention of any kind of "unification" in the original script. Turns out that whole thing was just something the localizers made up out of the blue. Between that, and the opening scenes with them explicitly referring to Zero as "that Reploid", it's pretty clear that they were talking about Zero all this time. There's no mystery there like there is in the English version.

This is, of course, besides the fact that the X-Hunters also had much more distinct personalities in the original script. So far, the only positive change has been calling them the "X-Hunters" rather than the "Counter Hunters". I'm not counting the change from "Irregulars" to "Mavericks", because that was a change that was already started in X1.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 22, 2016

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Fionordequester posted:

Tch, CRUD! You did Serges as well huh? Man, I REALLY should've watched that new episode earlier...well, here's Serges then, where one can spot a fairly major difference between the two versions...

Serges: I am Serges and I cannot allow you to stop the unification! It is for the good of all!

Serges: My name is Serges. You seem to be doing well, but, can you go on for much longer? Hmm?

(X wins against Serges)

Serges: You have merely delayed the inevitable. We will meet again…

Serges: Impressive… perhaps I will retreat this one time.

(Serges withdraws)

You got Zero’s Head Parts!

So yeah, absolutely no mention of any kind of "unification" in the original script. Turns out that whole thing was just something the localizers made up out of the blue. Between that, and the opening scenes with them explicitly referring to Zero as "that Reploid", it's pretty clear that they were talking about Zero all this time. There's no mystery there like there is in the English version.

This is, of course, besides the fact that the X-Hunters also had much more distinct personalities in the original script. So far, the only positive change has been calling them the "X-Hunters" rather than the "Counter Hunters". I'm not counting the change from "Irregulars" to "Mavericks", because that was a change that was already started in X1.

It's interesting that they refer to Zero as a reploid in the original version, since it otherwise seems like they had his origins planned out at these point, or were at least toying with it

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

MithosKuu posted:

It's interesting that they refer to Zero as a reploid in the original version, since it otherwise seems like they had his origins planned out at these point, or were at least toying with it

Huh...you're right about that. So I checked the script again, and technically, it was only Agile that referred to him as a Reploid. As far as he knows, that IS what Zero is. He probably doesn't know about all that stuff with Light and Wily, unlike Serges.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 22, 2016

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Fionordequester posted:

Huh...you're right about that. So I checked the script again, and technically, it was only Agile that referred to him as a Reploid. As far as he knows, that IS what Zero is. He probably doesn't know about all that stuff with Light and Wily, unlike Serges.

Ha, continuity maintained.

Also, for those only watching the Hunter version, I've compiled all the X-Times from MMX into a single video, you aren't really missing anything in this one, but there is stuff in later game X-Times that aren't covered in the Hunter versions, I'll point them out when they come up. I'll be tossing Day of Σ on here as well once it's done rendering and assuming Youtube doesn't flag it to hell.

Bonus Videos
MMX X-Time Compilation

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

hopeandjoy posted:

Maverick Hunter X was translated by one of the same guys as Okami, DMC3, and Dead Rising. He was also on X8's localization team, which is honestly about as good considering the content and plot.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

jivjov posted:

With X1 I actually thought you had to pay attention to the order the mets popped up or something. I dunno, I was a stupid child.

I thought that too.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Today we continue our proud tradition of obsessively picking up every useless hat we can find, then we go bully a hermit. Good times.

Megaman X2:
5. Collection Snail Hunter ver. | Irregular ver.

Bonus Videos
Day of Σ

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
There's a bit more to Savor Moon R's Sailor Moon reference than the name alone. Sailor Moon's major enemies are typically named for various rocks and gemstones from Queen Beryl and her generals in the first season to the Sailor Animates in the final season each having a mineral awkwardly worked into their names. In Sailor Moon R itself each of the major foes from the Dark Moon clan is named for a gemstone or mineral such as Prince Demande or Esmeraude.

I forgot Day of Sigma was a half hour, weird to think about watching something on my PSP for that long.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
It is entirely possible to get that sub tank in Bubble Crab's stage without his weapon. It requires abusing an exploit where X will jump higher when running (not dashing) down slopes. On the left side of that green flat... rock thing right below the sub tank is a small slope. What you must do is start running towards it, and when you hit it (this needs to be really precise, down to a few frames), you must jump up and aim as high as you can for the wall that will appear to your top left. If you do it right, you'll hit the part of the wall that leads above water, and from there, you can just jump to and on the surface of the water all the way to the sub tank.

It is not easy, and it always takes me at least 3 tries to get it down.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Man, now that I'm watching Day of Sigma again, there's a lot more to make fun of than I remembered, even aside from the questionable decisions made in terms of the continuity. I also never liked how they turned Sigma from a tragic, fallen hero, to someone who was always evil from the get-go (even if it does make a little more sense in terms of X and Zero's attitudes toward him from X4 onward. They never seem to remember that he was once a good person)...

But still, really good acting and directing there. I'm glad they didn't worry too much about the mouth flaps. Gave the actors more room to give good performances.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 23, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I do enjoy the Day of Sigma. It's a very interesting little look into how it all began. It's kind of cheesy but I donno something about it is nice to have. They really kinda reconned a whole lot of things and I'm not sure if they made sense in that area. Maybe if they continued with the Maverick Hunter series it woulda ironed out to be better overall.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Well, regardless, there is one thing I want to respond to...

hopeandjoy posted:

Actually, as it turns out, there is. X2 was obviously a mess, and X1 had a few too many liberties taken with it too (though not nearly as bad as X2), but X3 and X4 are very well-done, ESPECIALLY X4!

Yeah, the voice acting obviously stunk donkey druk, but if you just go by the script itself, X4 had an EXCELLENT localization. It strikes the absolute PERFECT balance of both accuracy and creative flourishes. The English script manages to be almost line-for-line accurate with the Japanese script while STILL feeling like it was written by a native English speaker. Even the few differences that exist are there only for the sake of helping the dialogue flow better, or have more punch. For example Sigma's meeting with General...

Sigma: Irregular Hunters…they shake their tails for the humans and destroy Reploids. Don’t you think they are dangerous? You should also understand. All they’re doing is destroying Reploids who do not do as the humans say. Take them out before you’re taken out. You have a mighty power that can destroy them.

General: I must ask you to leave. I cannot betray the humans. Leave. Do not appear before me again.

Sigma: Fufufufu. Very well. You’ll change your mind in time. Fuhahaha…haaahahaha!

Becomes...

???: It's about the Maverick Hunters, General. They are far too eager to please the humans, and continue to hunt down the Reploids. Do you believe they pose a significant threat?

General: Perhaps.

???: You already know the truth, General. Their sole mission has been to destroy any Reploids who fail to do as the humans order!

General: Hmm...

???: It's in your best interest to stop them now, before they turn on you! You possess enough power to destroy them!

General: ... You are dismissed.

???: What?!

General: I will not betray the humans. Remove yourself from my sight. My business with you has concluded...

???: Heh heh heh... very well. But you will change your mind soon, I assure you! Ha ha ha ha... Ha ha ha ha!

And then General's speech to his army after the Intro Stage...

General: Brave soldiers of my Repliforce, we have all now been designated as Irregulars. However, we will not let ourselves have such a dishonour put onto ourselves. With our own hands, we will build a country for Reploids. However, this is not a hostility towards the humans. Freedom and Safety; it’s a battle to seek out those fair rights. Let’s build it together, and ideal country where we will not be harmed by anyone. Let’s move forward together towards our, the Repliforce’s, future.

Colonel: I hold the same opinion as General General. (lol) Listen, there is no other path for us. Without anger, let us fight with bravery and pride. We are the Repliforce. The greatest army in history.

Soldiers: Yeeah! General! Colonel! General! Colonel!

Sigma: Haaaahaha! That fool General, he’s finally made his move. Now Hunters, how will you go? I’ll watch at ease from here. Haaahaha!

Becomes...

General: Brave soldiers of Repliforce, we have all been wrongfully judged as Mavericks by the humans. We cannot suffer this indignity and live in disgrace. We will build our own nation of Reploids. But remember, this is neither about insurrection, or rebellion against our human creators. This is about our liberty and security. We must battle for our own individual rights, and our own survival. Together we will build our own nation, a sanctuary for all Reploids, our own Utopia. Let us forge onward towards a new golden era for the Repliforce.

(The crowd cheers.)

Colonel: I, too, share the General's sentiment. Take heed, we have no other choice. Let us fight vehemontly, with courage and pride, without fear—for we are the Repliforce. The most powerful army in history!

(The crowd cheers again.)

(Watching from a dark room, an unknown Reploid listens to the speech.)

???: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! The General has finally taken action! And now, my Maverick Hunters, what will you do? I'll be watching closely from here on out. Ha ha ha ha!

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Fionordequester posted:

Let us fight vehemontly, with courage and pride, without fear—

I love that Colonel basically just repeats himself three times here, it sucks that the VA is so bad because the speech its self ain't too bad. I like the idea of X4 and the questions it raises about how justified the Maverick Hunters actually are, its just executed rather poorly IMO. But we still have a couple games to go before we really get into the meat of X4 so I'll hold off.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The best thing about Day of Sigma is when Chill Penguin busts out the Ridley voice.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I feel like Day of Sigma's issues are mostly based on the fact the Maverick Hunter series did not continue. Still, as someone who always wished there was an anime adaptation of one of the series in the Classic timeline, it helps scratch an itch.

...I will not admit how many times I have watched it.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
I enjoy Day of Sigma, the only real issue I have with it is what it does with Cain, which could have been glossed over if the Maverick Hunter series continued

Speaking of Mavericks, today we kill three of them and put an end to their insidious model-collecting plot.

Megaman X2:
6. Counter-Hunters Hunter ver. | Irregular ver.

Also, an extended cut the of the Dragon Punch X-Time from the Irregular version

Bonus Videos
Dragon Punch Extended Cut

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

MithosKuu posted:

Also, an extended cut the of the Dragon Punch X-Time from the Irregular version

Bonus Videos
Dragon Punch Extended Cut

This is important and everyone should watch it.

One other thing that helps the Shoryuken feel a bit better than the Hadouken is that it pairs nicely with classic Mega Man's Mega Upper attack and is of course a much better version of it. Of course, X2 predates Power Fighters by two years, so the Mega Upper itself is probably a reference to X getting the Shoryuken in the first place.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

MithosKuu posted:

Megaman X2:
6. Counter-Hunters Hunter ver. | Irregular ver.

Alright, so now it's time to post the script differences for this section as well, and I have to preface this next section. The dialogue with Serges is probably THE most crucial change in the entire script. Remember all those theories about how he MIGHT be Dr. Wily? Well, in the Japanese version, it's not a theory. The game literally goes OUT-OF-IT'S-WAY to set him up as Dr. Wily. The only way it could get any more obvious about it is if it literally had a big neon sign saying "HEY, THIS IS DR. WILY!" Why do I say that? Well, read this next section, and find out...

X ARRIVES WITH ALL OF ZERO'S PARTS

Dr. Cain: I can try to reactivate Zero to help, but I need more time before you can install his control chip….Try to slow them down! Good luck!

Dr. Cain: Ooh! You’ve finally retrieved all of Zero’s parts, have you?! With this I can revive Zero. However! It seems that it will take a bit of time. Keep going for a little while longer. I’m counting on you, X.

X-HUNTER BASE DISCOVERED (YOU BEAT ALL THE X-HUNTERS)

Dr. Cain: Mega Man X! I’ve located the X-Hunters’ base! It’s at grid location 00. That’s right at the North Pole!

X: Roger, Dr. Cain! I’m on my way!

Dr. Cain: It will take more time to reactivate Zero…Slow them down, Mega Man X!

Dr. Cain: X! I’ve discovered the Counter Hunter’s base! Point 00; it’s the North Pole!

X: Understood, Dr. Cain. I’m moving out.

Dr. Cain: It will take a little bit more time for Zero’s repairs. Do your best until then.

X-HUNTER BASE DISCOVERED (YOU DIDN'T BEAT ALL THE X-HUNTERS)

Dr. Cain: I’m sorry X… one of the X-Hunters attacked the base and… took all of Zero’s parts away… They’re going to rebuild Zero at their base. I tracked them to location 00 – the North Pole!

X: I can’t let them tamper with him, Dr. Cain! I’ve got to save him!

Dr. Cain: I’m sorry X…just now one of the Counter Hunter’s appeared at this base and…He stole all of Zero’s parts…They’ve returned to their hideout and intend on reviving Zero as an Irregular. I’ve learned that the Counter Hunter base is at Point 00, the North Pole, but..

X: Dr. Cain! I will go save Zero!

VIOLEN'S DEATH SPEECH

Violen: What?! How could he have overloaded my circuits?! Arrrggghhh…

Violen: Y-yer tryin' to tell me...that YOU'RE stronger than I AM?! I, I had such magnificent strength...why...why couldn't I...GRRRRAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!

(the basic idea is that Violen is shocked and in disbelief that he lost. Also, according to the translator, he's also lamenting the fact that his power wasn't properly conveyed. Like, he either didn't get to show it off like he wanted to, or it just didn't work as well as he expected it to on X. But, I'm not entirely sure how to write that, so there you go. Now for the big one...)

SERGES'S DEATH SPEECH

Serges: This is impossible! The prophecy must be fulfilled!

Serges: Am I to perish here? To think that I was defeated once again by the robot who bears Light's image… Such a pity…

Yes, Serges actually says that. Capcom practically goes out of it's way to say "HEY, THIS GUY MIGHT BE DR. WILY!" Not only does he refer to X as Dr. Light's creation, but he implies that this has happened before. Not that I blame you for thinking otherwise Mithos, because it seems that SOMEONE apparently decided "eh, we don't need this, how about we just throw it out?" :argh:

Also, tough phrase to translate here. X is literally called "Light's memento robot" (he leaves out the "Dr." bit), but obviously that sounds clunky as all get-out. Hopefully I still stayed true to the meaning with the above line.

AGILE'S DEATH SPEECH

Agile: NO!!! This cannot be!! Master, avenge me!

Agile: Inconceivable…this should not be…Master Sigma! Please, avenge us!

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 13, 2016

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Fionordequester posted:

SERGES'S DEATH SPEECH

Serges: Am I to perish here? To think that I was defeated once again by the robot who bears Light's image… Such a pity…

Yes, Serges actually says that. Capcom practically goes out of it's way to say "HEY, THIS GUY MIGHT BE DR. WILY!" Not only does he refer to X as Dr. Light's creation, but he implies that this has happened before. Not that I blame you for thinking otherwise Mithos, because it seems that SOMEONE apparently decided "eh, we don't need this, how about we just throw it out?" :argh:

Also, tough phrase to translate here. X is literally called "Dr. Light's memento robot", but obviously that sounds clunky as all get-out. Hopefully I still stayed true to the meaning with the above line.

I love how close it comes to outright saying "It was old man Wily all along!" while still being just vague enough that he could just be referring to the first time you fight him in the game. I don't suppose there is any way "defeated once again by the robot" could be translated as "defeated once again by a robot" is there?

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

MithosKuu posted:

I don't suppose there is any way "defeated once again by the robot" could be translated as "defeated once again by a robot" is there?

No, not really. The literal translation has Serges calling him "Light's memento robot" (a memento is an object that reminds you of someone or something). I only said "the robot who bears Light's image" because that sounded less clunky to me.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 26, 2016

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Fionordequester posted:

No, not really. The literal translation has Serges calling him "Light's memento robot" (a memento is an object that reminds you of someone or something). I only said "the robot who bears Light's image" because that sounded less clunky to me.

The word Serges uses, wasuregatami, can also mean "posthumous child" for some added context to his words. It seems to me that the intent is to convey a lamentation at losing to Light's ultimate creation for a second time, but the invocation of Lights' name and the artful way of referring to X can definitely be taken to suggest that Serges knows a lot more than he's letting on.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Dresh posted:

The word Serges uses, wasuregatami, can also mean "posthumous child" for some added context to his words. It seems to me that the intent is to convey a lamentation at losing to Light's ultimate creation for a second time, but the invocation of Lights' name and the artful way of referring to X can definitely be taken to suggest that Serges knows a lot more than he's letting on.

And then of course, there's the fact that Serges knows how to repair Zero, despite the games making it a plot point that nobody was ever able to fully figure out how Zero and X were made. I think X1 stated that Dr. Acadian wasn't able to perfectly replicate X's design, and X5 has the Bad Ending talking about how mysterious their designs were.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Incidentally, are the Japanese scripts any better about X's name then the localization? Seems like X, Megaman X, and Megaman are all synonymous over here, something I took pains to correct when cleaning up the text in the Hunter versions...

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

MithosKuu posted:

Incidentally, are the Japanese scripts any better about X's name then the localization? Seems like X, Megaman X, and Megaman are all synonymous over here, something I took pains to correct when cleaning up the text in the Hunter versions...

Actually, that's another startling difference in the scripts. I didn't really go over X1's localization, since it's not quite as radically different as X2's, but even that had some important differences. No one really calls our hero "Mega Man X", they just call him "X" (or "Ekksu" if you want to get REALLY literal).

EDIT: Wait, nvm what I said about X1. That one's English version doesn't have anyone saying "Mega Man X" either. It turns out it's really just X2 that throws that around. X1 still maintains it's status as "not perfect, but still pretty good".

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 26, 2016

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

MithosKuu posted:

After a cursory glance over X2's script, this little bit by Serges seems like the only instance of someone using a different name for X in Japanese.

Fionordequester posted:

Serges: … …gaga… …gagaga (probably omnopoteia for "radio static")….Rock…E…cks……we have possession of Zero’s parts. If you want to take them back…

alternative translation posted:

Rock... e..X...
...we have obtained Zero's parts, which we
know you'd like to recover..."

Now, given the radio static it's possible he's simply calling him Rockman X, paying respect to his origins (also notable as the first use of Rockman as a title which kind of becomes A Thing as the timeline progresses). Or, it could be that he starts saying Rockman and corrects himself, hard to say given the context but that's part of the fun.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

But the Sekiha Tenkyoken is the projectile version! The Regular Bakanetsu God Finger is the one that actually requires contact. :japan:

It's a pity they got out of this phase before they introduced Alia and Iris.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Kurieg posted:

But the Sekiha Tenkyoken is the projectile version! The Regular Bakanetsu God Finger is the one that actually requires contact. :japan:

It's a pity they got out of this phase before they introduced Alia and Iris.

What if the sheer weight of X's love, pacifism, and all of his sorrow allowed the Bakanetsu to transcend into the Sekiha Tenkyoken mid attack? :pseudo:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Its funny how the dumb one didn't upgrade himself at all aside from random blocks in his chamber. Wily decided that if one random machine didn't work, a bigger machine was the answer. And Agile... their brilliant, quick and charismatic leader decided it was a great plan to turn into a Foosball player.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

Its funny how the dumb one didn't upgrade himself at all aside from random blocks in his chamber. Wily decided that if one random machine didn't work, a bigger machine was the answer. And Agile... their brilliant, quick and charismatic leader decided it was a great plan to turn into a Foosball player.

I always thought that while there was no leader as such (due to the person they work for), Serges was the one with the most authority out of the three.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Alright, its everyone's favorite part of the Megaman games, the refights!

Megaman X2:
7. Refights 2: Electric Boogaloo Hunter ver. | Irregular ver.

As a bonus, have the raw footage of Mith and Brady suck from the Irregular version. I didn't plan to have all these bonus videos come out so close together, just a thing that happened. :shrug:

Bonus Videos
Mith and Brady Suck at X2 - Uncut

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
You guys mixed up your movie titles! :colbert:

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Dresh posted:

You guys mixed up your movie titles! :colbert:

To be fair, I got it right, and that's all that matters, and I assure you I totally didn't alter the audio to make myself sound better.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I agree that making Serges be Wily is dumb--for both of them. A. like you said, we can and should have other villains in the world, Serges can be his own man er, reploid. B. it kind of insults Wily that his final legacy would be some random mook working for Sigma that doesn't really accomplish a single thing and is barely more than a footnote in the chronology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I agree that making Serges be Wily is dumb--for both of them. A. like you said, we can and should have other villains in the world, Serges can be his own man er, reploid. B. it kind of insults Wily that his final legacy would be some random mook working for Sigma that doesn't really accomplish a single thing and is barely more than a footnote in the chronology.

Well, presumably Wily would have found some way of preserving himself the same way Sigma did, so even if he was Serges, he wouldn't actually die. After all, Wily was the one who built Sigma his battle body in X5, so either way, he's operating in some capacity.

• Locked thread