Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my favorite thing are the people on reddit who still refuse to believe bootcha was an investor

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Traditional Brit Stew (does not contain actual brit) this is the sort of thing northern brits eat, it is not to be confused with the awful rubbish served in restaurants.

Serves 2 fat people, or 3-4 if trying to be polite

Ingredients (all should be chopped into lumps *)
1 gammon steak or 3 really thick bacon slices (smoked is fine if you like)
A big onion chopped
3 medium carrots
2 potato
1 leek
(other than onion all veg can be swapped for whatever vegetables are at hand)
2 flat handfuls of lentils
2 stock cubes vegetable or ham
(optional dumplings suet and self raising flour with dried herbs, dumping mix acceptable)

Chop onion and bacon fry in a big pan with dollop of butter and oil (if doing dumplings turn the oven on fairly hot now). Start chopping veg, once bacon is browned and onion softened add chopped veg and stir (add a tablespoon of plain flour and stir now for thick stew). Crumble in stock cubes and add boiling water to cover ingredients, stir well bring to a simmer. Taste before seasoning (bacon/gammon can be very salty) with salt and pepper. Add lentils and stir. Simmer for 30 mins or until the leek has mostly disintegrated.

Scoff with crusty bread and butter.

Optional dumplings, cook as above but simmer for only twenty minutes then pour into a casserole dish and add herb dumplings, bake in fairly hot oven (no lid) for 25-30 mins until dumplings are golden brown on top.

*a nice lump is too big for a teaspoon but able to share a soup spoon with 2 or three other lumps

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
derek, give us the god drat GOON DE YADDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

I think it's everyone in this thread's dream to someday be a background head in a Bootcha video. It's probably why Seraph kept throwing down his :10bux: and coming back every time he got banned.

If you have a cat, this dream can come true vicariously. My Finnegan is in the Victory one. :love:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want Dr. Pepper Cake tonight

i gotta find a recipe

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

I want Dr. Pepper Cake tonight

i gotta find a recipe

I found a disgusting Pinterest fail waiting to happen; try that.

http://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2015/06/outrageous-cherry-dr-pepper-cake-recipe.html

edit: No, Bootcha; we are NOT making that.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

T.G. Xarbala posted:

oh poo poo pierogies

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

http://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2015/06/outrageous-cherry-dr-pepper-cake-recipe.html

wowwwww im not making a cake if I just buy cake mix though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone here watch hockey

ive been trying to get into it lately

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
going to the Dallas Stars games are fun and I want to go more because they say 'Dallas' and everyone yells 'STARS' and there are fights on the ice

its fun

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

fuzzknot posted:

If you have a cat, this dream can come true vicariously. My Finnegan is in the Victory one. :love:

please add my catte jaga, tia

...and in case he needs to be in proper military attire:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

please add my catte jaga, tia

...and in case he needs to be in proper military attire:

thats a handsome catte

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

Back when I was still living in a dorm I had a friend who came up with proof that hockey is objectively the best spectator sport. And I still agree with his reasoning.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Back when I was still living in a dorm I had a friend who came up with proof that hockey is objectively the best spectator sport. And I still agree with his reasoning.

im not much into other sports but the few times ive gone to a hockey game ive thoroughly enjoyed it

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

I did until the penguins decided they were playing field hockey rather than ice hockey.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

everything on the Something Awful facebook page is funny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
derek

give us the goon de yadda

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

Well Bootcha and I of course do, and I think at least three other people in this thread do.

Root for the Red Wings. They're the best.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

lol

everything on the Something Awful facebook page is funny

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

fuzzknot posted:

My Pastry and chocolate chef of a wife would probably kill me in my sleep if i ever only suggested to try this wreck.

7 CUP SUGAR ? Really ? Why not eat the dam thing with a spoon straight from the sack you philistines.
Salted butter in a cake ? Wtf is wrong with you people.

And of course, the HFCS of the soda...

:barf:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But I don't vote trump??? the hell?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

Well Bootcha and I of course do, and I think at least three other people in this thread do.

Root for the Red Wings. They're the best.

i did not know you guys watched hockey thats cool

best of luck on your hockey watching

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

But I don't vote trump??? the hell?

you do now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I've been playing Battlefield Hardline as "Vote_For_Trump16" and I've gotten even more hate than when I was [BILL]COSBY_IS_INOCENT. And I got a lot of hate as [BILL]COSBY_IS_INOCENT.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Hockey is the best sport but here's an opinion: watching it on TV is horrible but watching it live is the most fun ever! And playing it is the best. So there you go, it's a regular sport that has boxing intermissions.

Go Blackhawks, change your logo.

Derek do the thing that goons told you to do because goons are fickle and Matilda isn't banned anymore and I bet it will only take you like 5 seconds anyways.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 22, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

you do now

quote:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

what the....

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hockey also teaches us gamers the most valuable of lessons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
if i was americn, i would vote trump just for the hell of it and also because i like masturbating

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I've been playing Battlefield Hardline as "Vote_For_Trump16" and I've gotten even more hate than when I was [BILL]COSBY_IS_INOCENT. And I got a lot of hate as [BILL]COSBY_IS_INOCENT.

Have you tried [ANITA]SARKEESIAN_IS_RIGHT? or a variation thereof?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

trucutru posted:

Have you tried [ANITA]SARKEESIAN_IS_RIGHT ?

Conservative hate just isn't fun anymore. Also the character limit on clan-tags is only 4.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

hasn't the pink elephant been in one? idk I think so tho

I think except for SmartDad and Beer the rules require it to be some sort of catte. Which makes sense, could you imagine if it was a bunch of loving beets and elephants and poo poo?

fuzzknot posted:

My girlfriend has cattes. Maybe I can borrow one. I only have an adorable dog.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://i.imgur.com/d5JRJOM.webm

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chemical warfare protection schemes against poor cattes is unfair.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is my cat showing how much she liked her christmas reindeer costume

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I've been gone for 2 weeks and don't feel like catching up on the last 300 pages, has anything interesting happened, or are we all just going parp? (not to imply that the PARP posts aren't interesting)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

is there an alert I can get that will tell me when this thread has stopped being really bad again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

this is my cat showing how much she liked her christmas reindeer costume

That catte looks like she's given up at life :ohdear:

• Locked thread