Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Thursdays, 8PM ET, CW

What do you do when an immortal megalomaniac takes over the world? Go back in time to stop it from ever happening of course! From the team that brought us Arrow and The Flash comes Legends of Tomorrow featuring characters we've seen on both shows. Recruited (or shanghaied depending on your perspective) by Rip Hunter, this unlikely cast of characters will do everything they can to prevent the future that is Vandal Savage's triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JlXb7NYhHk

Our unlikely merry band of time travellers:

Rory Williams Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) - Time Master from the year 2166, he recruits the rest of the team to prevent Savage from ever conquering the world. But are his motives completely altruistic or does he have a personal stake in the action?

Hawkman (Falk Hentschel) and Hawkgirl (Ciara Renée) - While their names are Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders, they are the reincarnations of Prince Khufu and Chay-ara, the priestes who loved him. Their fates are intertwined with Savage's as every time he kills them he gains more power for himself. Can they stop Savage and finally know peace?

Atom (Brandon Routh) - Ray Palmer was CEO of Palmer Tech until an accident in his lab unlocked the ability to manipulate his size, though it made everyone believe he was dead. Eventually rescued by Green Arrow, he decides to stay out of the limelight to find his place in the world. Will defeating Savage lead him there?

Firestorm (Victor Garber and Franz Drameh) - Firestorm is a merging of two individuals, Prof. Martin Stein and Jefferson Jackson. Appearing after the same accident that brought about the Flash, Stein formerly merged with Ronnie Raymond who sacrificed himself to close a devastating wormhole in Central City. This left Stein unbalanced until he found Jackson as a compatible new partner. They left Central City to train working together, but are they ready for this?

White Canary (Caity Lotz) - Previously known as just Canary, Sara Lance was brutally ambushed and murdered. Resurrected by the power of the Lazarus Pit her martial arts skills remain top notch but the trauma of being brought back to life hasn't left her the same person she was. Will working with a team even be possible for her?

Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) and Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell) - Leonard Snart and Mick Rory were run of the mill criminals until two guns capable of intense cold and heat fell into their hands. Needless to say this only upped their game. The rest of the team isn't sure why they're included, but Snart and Rory suppose they could pull off some historic heists along the way. Irredeemable rogues or humanity's last chance for freedom?

What stand against this team? Just one man:

Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) - 4000 years old and seemingly immortal, in 2166 he realized his dream of conquering the world. Originally known as Hath-Set, a priest in ancient Egypt, he discovered the forbidden love between Chay-ara and Khufu. In a fit of rage he killed them and prayed to the gods to smite the city, eternally linking their three destinies. The power behind many of history's conquerers, he has killed the reincarnations of Khufu and Chay-ara numerous times. Can anything stop his eternal plans?

Kammat fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Lgnds To Tomorrow

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Yeah yeah, I'll put in to fix it soon.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

So far, so good!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This seems terrible so far

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
We're just speeding right through the exposition aren't we

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So this is basically Rory's solo adventures after the Doctor left him for dead, right

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

This seems terrible so far

It's 8 minutes and they are bringing everyone together, give it a chance.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

We're just speeding right through the exposition aren't we

I am ok with that and in fact makes it a nice change of pace from modern tv and comic movies.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

raditts posted:

So this is basically Rory's solo adventures after the Doctor left him for dead, right

nothing will ever convince me otherwise

Mooseontheloose posted:

It's 8 minutes and they are bringing everyone together, give it a chance.

yeah maybe it'll settle down once they stop exposition dumping

like you said, i am a huge fan of getting this all over with in 10 minutes

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

The Hawks' relationship is kinda creepy yo

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Oliver, you know time travel is real, Barry told you he has traveled through time.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

nvm we still expositioning

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

The Hawks' relationship is kinda creepy yo

super creepy

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

"Why did we become criminals?"

"Because we love breaking out of prison."

I guess we can also consider this the continuing adventures of Prison Break, since this is only a logical continuation.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Lgnds To Tomorrow

I hope thread titles are editable, because drat dude.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Victor Garber as Bill Cosby.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo Stein is an rear end in a top hat

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Did Stein seriously just roofie him what the gently caress

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So how does Doc keep him along then?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Do people still say punk'd?"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

creepy stalker boyfriend physically dominates the girlfriend who wants nothing to do with him into doing his will

white man roofies black youth to force him to do his will

I look forward to the essays about how Problematic this show is

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Soothing Vapors posted:

creepy stalker boyfriend physically dominates the girlfriend who wants nothing to do with him into doing his will

white man roofies black youth to force him to do his will

I look forward to the essays about how Problematic this show is

Well we already had Stein commenting on his "natural athleticism" when they were trying to figure out who to use to replace Ronny when he died. Admittedly he was a good football player who injured himself and lost a scholarship, but that was one hell of an awkward line.

Welp. Suckers the nice big oaf into helping cart along his drugged kid. Classy, Stein.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Hell, I'm loving it so far; y'all are weird.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Oh, I ain't judgin'!"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Stein is unbelievable

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Rory Hunter owns

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

"I did him a favor!"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I gotta hand it to the Arrow/Flash/LoT team they know how to universe build and make all the connections feel natural without it being hit over the head.

Alas poor stoners...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Broooooooooo!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

RIP Bros.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You might recognize this guy they're going to see as the dude from the Betamax tape.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
IT IS THE SEVENTIES!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

You might recognize this guy they're going to see as the dude from the Betamax tape.

Brian O'Blivion?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah this is becoming super fun after all the exposition has petered out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I like this girl.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

That's a bit of weird paradox.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well, someone's getting weird in the Seventies.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Everybody's creepin' on Hawkgirl.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh I thought he was gonna get creepy as well but she's just his mother. That's...less...creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Oh I thought he was gonna get creepy as well but she's just his mother. That's...less...creepy.

Is it? I'm still trying to decide.

• Locked thread